Pepsi
4 (2.1%)
No/Frito Pie
14 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 194

Voting closed: October 05, 2016, 01:03:21 pm

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HoopS on September 30, 2016, 06:47:34 am
I remember gladly going to watch the Hogs whip Pacific at WMS. Didn't matter who we played, I wanted to go.

If they can't sell out or come close, then we need that game in Fayetteville next time. Period.

Yep. Wasn't Keith Burns an Asst. coach for Pacific at that time?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HoopS

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 30, 2016, 06:51:14 am
Yep. Wasn't Keith Burns an Asst. coach for Pacific at that time?
sounds right. Man that's been a while.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 29, 2016, 10:00:45 pm
Central Arkansas couldn't sell out Georgia. Hope Long buys out of WM after this year. 72k for Texas State. Listen to excuses in this thread. 11am, poor opponent etc. WM IS DEAD.

Quote from: HoopS on September 30, 2016, 06:47:34 am
I remember gladly going to watch the Hogs whip Pacific at WMS. Didn't matter who we played, I wanted to go.

If they can't sell out or come close, then we need that game in Fayetteville next time. Period.

THIS and THIS.      WPS and Go Hogs.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

rljjr

It's too bad there won't be 40-50 thousand in the stands cheering the Hogs on, because in the past people would go. But that was when WMS was a younger gal, tickets were cheaper, and every game wasn't on TV. It's not about the part of the state, it's the facility and television contract along with other things we can't do at an off campus location. I won't be there, but I don't live in the state. It's just a silly debate anymore. Gamer over man, game over!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hobhog on September 29, 2016, 08:12:01 pm
Opponent is horrible. Scrimmage.

This.

Game is following a complete curb stomping.  Games are going away.  Etc. etc. etc.

Redhogs

Central Arkansas couldn't sell out Georgia. Hope Long buys out of WM after this year. 72k for Texas State. Listen to excuses in this thread. 11am, poor opponent etc. WM IS DEAD.
Bingo.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 29, 2016, 11:37:40 pm
Do you think years of getting pizzed on from a northerly direction has dampened the enthusiasm of some people?
Really?? Yet we have been the only FBS program to continue this insanity of playing in 2 home stadiums for years....should have ended decades ago.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

bphi11ips

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 30, 2016, 06:04:03 am
Naw it's the years of getting pissed on while on the golf course.

Exactly the kind of attitude that has and will continue to divide the Arkansas fanbase. 

It's not about where games are played, it's about respect.  The entire state built the program and the university, but it rested on Little Rock's shoulders.

You don't know you've got until it's gone.   
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

kodiakisland

Quote from: factchecker on September 30, 2016, 06:23:57 am

You must not remember this team-

I think Nicholls was better than Alcorn.  Alcorn is coming off back to back losses to UAPB and Grambling.  Grambling being a blow out loss.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'm of the mind they should just buy it out too, at least for 2018, no need to have that mandatory conf game there.

If the place looks really bad/empty on Saturday it would not surprise me to see an announcement in the Spring that they are buying out the 2018 game, and let the FAMU game be the last hurrah.

It would either pump up the attendance for FAMU game since it would be the last in WMS, or if attendance struggles because it's the last game then it's a small monetary hit.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

aristotle

Top 25 Team playing in perfect football weather tomorrow. And can't sell out the Rinky Dink?

More meat for the Jeff Long discontinuance letter that is already being drafted.

Personally, I think it is a good thing this is happening because it makes what needs to be done that much easier.

Wild Bill Hog

Unfortunately, it seems central Arkansas is pretty much going dead to the Hog program.  There are still a number of UA financial supporters and alums; however, you don't see kids wearing Hog gear or stores displaying Hog signs, etc. like in years past.

bphi11ips

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 30, 2016, 06:40:59 am
Haha man this subject sure brings out the best in you.

Wish I could say the same for the NWA folks and their buddies from Jonesboro and Memphis who can't resist a jab at WMS every chance they get. 

bphi11ips

Quote from: aristotle on September 30, 2016, 08:12:46 am
Top 25 Team playing in perfect football weather tomorrow. And can't sell out the Rinky Dink?

More meat for the Jeff Long discontinuance letter that is already being drafted.

Personally, I think it is a good thing this is happening because it makes what needs to be done that much easier.

And you don't think that has been the plan?

RazorbackRon

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 30, 2016, 08:05:03 am
Exactly the kind of attitude that has and will continue to divide the Arkansas fanbase. 

It's not about where games are played, it's about respect.  The entire state built the program and the university, but it rested on Little Rock's shoulders.

You don't know you've got until it's gone.   

Are you still going to support the Hogs when they only play in their home stadium in RRS?

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

DLUXHOG

This will be the Hogs last game in WMS...........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

factchecker

Quote from: kodiakisland on September 30, 2016, 08:06:32 am
I think Nicholls was better than Alcorn.  Alcorn is coming off back to back losses to UAPB and Grambling.  Grambling being a blow out loss.

NOPE... Nicholls lost to us, UCA, and Henderson State that year.  There was 63,108 in attendance for the game with Nicholls in Fayetteville.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RazorbackRon

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 am
This will be the Hogs last game in WMS...........

I think next years FAMU game will be.  The 2018 conference game scheduled for WMS will be played in RRS.

LRHawg

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on September 30, 2016, 08:13:15 am
Unfortunately, it seems central Arkansas is pretty much going dead to the Hog program.  There are still a number of UA financial supporters and alums; however, you don't see kids wearing Hog gear or stores displaying Hog signs, etc. like in years past.

Haha, WTH are you talking about? There's tons of signs of hog support around here. I have no clue why the games aren't selling out, but it's not for lack of Hog support around here. That's ridiculous.

factchecker

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 30, 2016, 08:35:03 am
I think next years FAMU game will be.  The 2018 conference game scheduled for WMS will be played in RRS.

I'll be there but that game will have worse attendance than this one.  Why?

1.  Heat
2.  FAMU is bad.  Worse than Alcorn.  Worse than Nicholls bad.
3.  FAMU fans won't travel well.  Alcorn is right down the road from Little Rock.  FAMU not so much.
4.  Probably bad time slot.  Mismatch game will probably put this game at 11:00 AM.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: LRHawg on September 30, 2016, 08:37:11 am
Haha, WTH are you talking about? There's tons of signs of hog support around here. I have no clue why the games aren't selling out, but it's not for lack of Hog support around here. That's ridiculous.

Guess you are going places I'm not.  I would like to believe you are correct, and I'm wrong, but I just don't see it that way.

k.c.hawg

If they made all the drunks that stay on the golf course instead of going in to the game, at least buy a ticket, they would have sold another 5000 easy. My children know of several party's of 30 to 40 people that go party on the golf course never intending to buy a ticket.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

factchecker

Quote from: k.c.hawg on September 30, 2016, 08:43:49 am
If they made all the drunks that stay on the golf course instead of going in to the game, at least buy a ticket, they would have sold another 5000 easy. My children know of several party's of 30 to 40 people that go party on the golf course never intending to buy a ticket.

Why don't they require a ticket per vehicle to tailgate?  Don't charge for tailgating but at least require one person in the vehicle have a ticket to go to the game.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

trash stache

I live in Little Rock and haven't heard any promotions for the game at all.  If I was the city of LR, I would not allocate money from the Advertising and Promotions department for this game.  UA has shown no love to the area for the past 10 years.  Plus we have another college to promote here.  The Dem Gaz didn't even list it in the Top Ten Things to Do this weekend.  Living in Little Rock my whole life, I've attended alot of WMS games, however been to plenty RRS games.  With HDTV, most people don't want to watch us flex on a Division II school, they can watch this game and flip between the Big 10/ACC.  Now I know there are those of you who will say "the true Arkansas fans will show up", but in reality it is a terrible game being played at 11 am, coming off a loss, with Alabama looming next weekend (a game in which we are likely to get run out of the stadium again).  Only two more years in Little Rock, and then it is over.  NWA fan never has to come to our terrible part of the state again.  Next year is New Mexico or New Mexico State and then the year after that will likely be Vanderbilt (thanks Jeff Long).  Hopefully they will turn WMS into an indoor sports complex or allow UALR to field a team.  Little Rock will move on without skipping a beat.   

trash stache

QuoteIf they made all the drunks that stay on the golf course instead of going in to the game, at least buy a ticket, they would have sold another 5000 easy. My children know of several party's of 30 to 40 people that go party on the golf course never intending to buy a ticket.

You ever been to an NFL game? 

SoCalHogFan

Of course this game doesn't sell out. It's now usually the worst team we play each season, and it's not included in the season ticket package. The only reason texas state was a sellout, and had an 50,000 people in the stadium, is because we were forced to purchase it in order to get our SEC games.
And the truly "hard to be humble" fans in NWA would rather gripe about a stadium than travel for one game a season...when a lot of us from the rest of the state travel to NWA for 4 or 5 games a year. The stadium situation is what it is. WMS will be a thing of the past soon. Maybe we will have a more unified fanbase after that happens...maybe not.
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special." <br />  Jim Valvano 1993 ESPYs

trash stache

QuoteHaha, WTH are you talking about? There's tons of signs of hog support around here. I have no clue why the games aren't selling out, but it's not for lack of Hog support around here. That's ridiculous.

Hog support in Little Rock is not what it was 10-15 years ago.  Truth.  103.7 the Buzz can try to pump it up all you want, but its waning. 

RazorbackRon

Quote from: trash stache on September 30, 2016, 08:53:53 am
I live in Little Rock and haven't heard any promotions for the game at all.  If I was the city of LR, I would not allocate money from the Advertising and Promotions department for this game.  UA has shown no love to the area for the past 10 years.  Plus we have another college to promote here.  The Dem Gaz didn't even list it in the Top Ten Things to Do this weekend.  Living in Little Rock my whole life, I've attended alot of WMS games, however been to plenty RRS games.  With HDTV, most people don't want to watch us flex on a Division II school, they can watch this game and flip between the Big 10/ACC.  Now I know there are those of you who will say "the true Arkansas fans will show up", but in reality it is a terrible game being played at 11 am, coming off a loss, with Alabama looming next weekend (a game in which we are likely to get run out of the stadium again).  Only two more years in Little Rock, and then it is over.  NWA fan never has to come to our terrible part of the state again.  Next year is New Mexico or New Mexico State and then the year after that will likely be Vanderbilt (thanks Jeff Long).  Hopefully they will turn WMS into an indoor sports complex or allow UALR to field a team.  Little Rock will move on without skipping a beat.   

Some of you seem to be fans of central AR games\WMS instead of Razorback fans.   What a shame.   

Good luck with the Trojan football team too .....there will be more fans at the HS state championship than a UALR football game (IF it ever happens).

trash stache

QuoteSome of you seem to be fans of central AR games\WMS instead of Razorback fans.   What a shame.   

Good luck with the Trojan football team too .....there will be more fans at the HS state championship than a UALR football game (IF it ever happens).

They will probably make it into a multi-use stadium of sorts and it will receive way more use than it has in the past 50 years.  We are razorback fans, just tired of the stadium debate and how terrible our town and area is.  I'll be glad when its finally over and we don't have to hear how great the midwest is compared to the south.

zebradynasty

Couple of things at play here:

1)  Bad opponent UA has no business playing Alcorn. If Alcorn doesn't bring their band...it's not worth the price of admission. Basic economics my entertainment budget is like anything else I trying to get the most bang for the buck. Watching UA try NOT to score 70 points is not entertainment!

2)  Why on earth is this game televised?

3)  Central Arkansas fans kinda feel slighted by UA moving all games to Fayettville.

Add all that up and there is no way this game sells out...wont be close!

Michaelt

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: zebradynasty on September 30, 2016, 09:05:15 am

2)  Why on earth is this game televised?

Where have you been the last several years?  Every SEC football game is now televised.

rzrbackramsfan

Terrible opponent but I'm confident that Fayetteville would've had more in the stands.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: SoCalHogFan on September 30, 2016, 08:57:19 am
Of course this game doesn't sell out. It's now usually the worst team we play each season, and it's not included in the season ticket package. The only reason texas state was a sellout, and had an 50,000 people in the stadium, is because we were forced to purchase it in order to get our SEC games.
And the truly "hard to be humble" fans in NWA would rather gripe about a stadium than travel for one game a season...when a lot of us from the rest of the state travel to NWA for 4 or 5 games a year. The stadium situation is what it is. WMS will be a thing of the past soon. Maybe we will have a more unified fanbase after that happens...maybe not.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

factchecker

Quote from: Michaelt on September 30, 2016, 09:05:37 am
UALR should start a football program.

People complain about Razorback stadium expansion being funded by ticket buyers and foundation members but ya'll are going to be ok with UALR starting a program completly funded on student fees and tax payers money?

UALR's athletic department is one of the poorest in the state.  67% of their revenue comes from subsidies.  In 2015 they made $365,718 in ticket sales while stealing $3,655,736 from students via mandatory fees. 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

trash stache

QuoteTerrible opponent but I'm confident that Fayetteville would've had more in the stands.

Probably so, the difference between a city and a town is there are a ton more things to do on the weekends as well.  Central Arkansas probably has 50 events going on this weekend.  We don't shut down for razorback games anymore.  Its just another event to go to.

zebradynasty

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 30, 2016, 09:07:34 am
Where have you been the last several years?  Every SEC football game is now televised.

There have been times when I couldn't get the hogs on TV.

HoopS

All Hog games have always been worth it because watching them in person has always trumped any other entertainment option.  No matter where. No matter the opponent. But that's just how I was raised.

factchecker

On the other hand THE University of Arkansas is one of the richest programs in the nation, sitting at #16.

0% subsidies

0 student fees

$37,622,177 in ticket sales

And it's because people across the entire state, not just WMS fans, love the Hogs.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: HoopS on September 30, 2016, 09:13:57 am
All Hog games have always been worth it because watching them in person has always trumped any other entertainment option.  No matter where. No matter the opponent. But that's just how I was raised.

Same here.  I'll go to North Korea to watch the Hogs play.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Andrew Hogfan

If anyone would like to donate 2 tickets to me I'll happily take them and sit in your seats.
WPS!!!

HogimusMaximus

zebradynasty

Quote from: HoopS on September 30, 2016, 09:13:57 am

Those days are gone! People value their entertainment far differently now than in years past. Heck people spend 20K on fancy go-carts for entertainment may not spend $25 bucks to see the hogs win by 50!

zebradynasty

HoopS

Quote from: zebradynasty on September 30, 2016, 09:18:40 am
Those days are gone! People value their entertainment far differently now than in years past. Heck people spend 20K on fancy go-carts for entertainment may not spend $25 bucks to see the hogs win by 50!
for you

Razorbackers

This just shows the lack of cognitive thinking skills by WMS diehards.

Oh, the kickoff is too early, can't tailgate? And the opponent is crappy so we're going to blow them out?

Go to game. Help sell it out. The leave at halftime and go tailgate some more. Heck, if you got all that Little Rock money that the UofA can't afford to lose, you should probably have a generator and TV with satellite connection at your tailgate spot!

aristotle

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 30, 2016, 08:19:50 am
And you don't think that has been the plan?

It has been the plan. It's a business plan. It makes sense in all the relevant aspects....but divorces are always tough, even when you see them coming. These things make it a little bit easier, that's all.

Tusks

I just don't think this subject has been discussed enough.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit