Pepsi
4 (2.1%)
No/Frito Pie
14 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 194

Voting closed: October 05, 2016, 01:03:21 pm

RazorbackRon

Quote from: buldozer on September 30, 2016, 03:21:48 pm
Many of the NWA wine and cheese crowd have refused to travel to LR for years. Their theory has been if the LR games are not well attended they will be discontinued, and it appears to be working. They hate the drunks, minorities and all the poor people that are allowed to attend football games in central Arkansas and so they refuse to attend such a spectacle. It is well below them to sit on a wooden bleacher among such a crowd. So they stay home.

SO why is the central and southern AR buying tickets?
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Redhogs

Quote from: Hawg414 on September 30, 2016, 01:33:52 pm
well.. and Bama wins 12 - 14 games a year too.  competes for a national title damn near every year.

LR is being nudged aside while our coach is, what, 7 - 18 in conference?  and complains about playing in LR.
Correct..... as usual it's always about winning.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

jkstock04

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2016, 12:49:45 pm
The university needs the support of the entire state, the growth in NWA is fueled by a lot of transplants who have no ties with the university.
I agree with the idea of a lot of these people being transplants. However, I think eventually that will work itself out. Maybe not in a year or two but eventually these transplants will evolve into Hog fans. It's pretty much inevitable.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

DLUXHOG

Many of the NWA wine and cheese crowd have refused to travel to LR for years. Their theory has been if the LR games are not well attended they will be discontinued, and it appears to be working. They hate the drunks, minorities and all the poor people that are allowed to attend football games in central Arkansas and so they refuse to attend such a spectacle. It is well below them to sit on a wooden bleacher among such a crowd. So they stay home.

"allowed"? seriously, allowed?   anyone with the coin to buy a ticket can go to the games.......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Redhogs

Quote from: hawganatic on September 30, 2016, 01:59:52 pm
How many more championships does Alabama have than Arkansas.
So if we had all those championships it would be ok to only play in NWA like Ala. in Tusk?   weak...very weak.

Redhogs

Stop with the wine and cheese crap....just shows ignorance...just stop.

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 30, 2016, 03:35:38 pm
I agree with the idea of a lot of these people being transplants. However, I think eventually that will work itself out. Maybe not in a year or two but eventually these transplants will evolve into Hog fans. It's pretty much inevitable.

Well, if they stay full-time, lots of them move on to other jobs, or jobs within their company in a different location. I'd say it will take 10 years minimum to get them as real fans. I mean, how many of our transplants in other states are on here, how many spend time talking about the Hogs, and not XYZ in the state they reside?

Redhogs

Correct...see it every day up here....and into hard core fans at that.

Redhogs

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2016, 03:40:32 pm
Well, if they stay full-time, lots of them move on to other jobs, or jobs within their company in a different location. I'd say it will take 10 years minimum to get them as real fans. I mean, how many of our transplants in other states are on here, how many spend time talking about the Hogs, and not XYZ in the state they reside?
100% wrong.

Redhogs

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 30, 2016, 12:55:57 pm
I see they let you out, when are you due back?
That's hilarious...thanks Ron....I needed that.

RME

Quote from: Redhogs on September 30, 2016, 03:42:16 pm
100% wrong.

Sooooo if you were forced to move to Columbus, Ohio, after about 12 years would you be a diehard Buckeyes fan?

No?

Then why would transplants to NWA who are casual or diehard fans of other schools decide to assimilate after 10 years?

Seebs

I will be attending the Goat Festival in Perryville at this time. You cannot put a game against a Goat Parade and costume contest.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jkstock04

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2016, 03:40:32 pm
Would be interesting to see some stats of % of these people we are speaking of actually staying. I assumed most made permanent lives here but maybe I'm wrong there.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Tusks

I lived out of state for 26 years and never stopped being a hog fan or never even considered rooting for another team.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 30, 2016, 03:48:41 pm
Would be interesting to see some stats of % of these people we are speaking of actually staying. I assumed most made permanent lives here but maybe I'm wrong there.

I don't know. I had several friends who kids player football for Bentonville that have moved on. I don't the number, I guess we could ask Kathy to do a survey on it, lol.

ricepig

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 30, 2016, 03:46:37 pm
Sooooo if you were forced to move to Columbus, Ohio, after about 12 years would you be a diehard Buckeyes fan?

No?

Then why would transplants to NWA who are casual or diehard fans of other schools decide to assimilate after 10 years?

Yeah, if they stay permanently, their kids who attend the UofA will be fans, but as you said, but yourself in their shoes in another state.

RME

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2016, 03:54:39 pm
Yeah, if they stay permanently, their kids who attend the UofA will be fans, but as you said, but yourself in their shoes in another state.

Exactly.

I live in DC now. College Park, Maryland is 10 miles from where I live. I don't think I'll be a diehard Terrapins fan 10 years from now, but according to some on here, I guess I will be.

ricepig

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 30, 2016, 03:57:37 pm
Exactly.

I live in DC now. College Park, Maryland is 10 miles from where I live. I don't think I'll be a diehard Terrapins fan 10 years from now, but according to some on here, I guess I will be.

Yeah, I graduated from the University of Arkansas in 1980 and have lived in Jonesboro since, I guess I'm suppose to be an ASU fan, lol. My son is in Chicago, I doubt he'll be a Northwestern or Notre Dame fan, although he is looking forward to the pro teams.

HogimusMaximus

PLay all games in Fayetteville, WMS is a DUMP!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2016, 01:31:25 pm
NWA is growing, but to say that the university doesn't need the rest of the state is a little naive. You might be surprised on the number of the 50,000 season tickets sold this year live more than 100 miles away. It's good that the population is growing up there, but it takes all.

Yep, and I started off my post agreeing with the fact it takes the entire state.  But when it comes to opinions, economics, demographics, trends and tastes in NWA, I tend to favor first hand knowledge, and experience, and I'm someone that went to school here, moved away, moved back.  I always love it when people not from NWA tell us what NWA is all about, what's going on, and why it is.  I wouldn't presume to tell someone from Little Rock how not to get stabbed.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

sowmonella

Central, East and South Razorback fans please buy tickets and show up tomorrow. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 30, 2016, 04:10:56 pm
Yep, and I started off my post agreeing with the fact it takes the entire state.  But when it comes to opinions, economics, demographics, trends and tastes in NWA, I tend to favor first hand knowledge, and experience, and I'm someone that went to school here, moved away, moved back.  I always love it when people not from NWA tell us what NWA is all about, what's going on, and why it is.  I wouldn't presume to tell someone from Little Rock how not to get stabbed.

I graduated from the UofA, I'm there around 30-35 times a year, I own commercial property in NWA. Some of this is rented to some of these vendors I've spoken of, I speak from experience, lol.

aristotle

Quote from: Seebs on September 30, 2016, 03:47:47 pm
I will be attending the Goat Festival in Perryville at this time. You cannot put a game against a Goat Parade and costume contest.

Understandable

DLUXHOG

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 30, 2016, 04:21:41 pm
Why not make tix for this game 10 or 15 bucks. Make it more affordable for people who never get to go. Doesn't make sense to have 15k empty seats at 35 a pop.
or... a Little Rock company could purchase them and give them away......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

jkstock04

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 30, 2016, 03:57:37 pm
Exactly.

I was thinking more along the lines of if you were to settle there permanently...wife, kids etc. But yes if that type of deal is few and far between I can easily see the argument how transplants could be a wash.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

majp51

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 30, 2016, 08:05:03 am
Exactly the kind of attitude that has and will continue to divide the Arkansas fanbase. 

It's not about where games are played, it's about respect.  The entire state built the program and the university, but it rested on Little Rock's shoulders.

You don't know you've got until it's gone.   

Really?? A man talking about respect after telling others to

"GO Play in the 49 Tunnel"

Therin lies the whole Issue with WMS in a nutshell. Maybe there is a group in NWA that speaks ill of central and south Arkansas, but in my 46 years I've found a lot more South and Central Arkansans who have a "Screw NWA" mentality than the reverse. With those who feel that way, inevitably it is about what the Rest of the state is owed, and if it screws the UofA, hurts recruiting, well "Screw NWA!"

If anything people from NWA don't care one way or the other about the rest of the state, and it may be a fair point to say that's also a problem, but Central and South Arkansas Haters aren't helping themselves and the rest of the state by hating on NWA.

majp51

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2016, 02:39:35 pm
Maybe, maybe not. I'd say there was a better chance of more alums staying there, than the Iowa or Illinois graduate becoming a "fan".

I don't know about that rice. Of course maybe the choice of Schools was purposeful, but this Mississippi State Graduate has called the hogs at just about every game except when the UofA plays MSU. And Its not like I was a Razorback before I went to MSU either. My Pastor is an Ole Miss grad who played football, and he's a Hog fan.

Now we obviously aren't die hards, but in terms of revenue and rooting for a team (even when they aren't winning) Well we do that.

Course we may be part of the "exception" crowd, but then maybe not. I suppose it all comes down to whether you decide to make Arkansas , and NWA, your home, or if you are merely passing through. I will say as some who prefers the terrain to have granite vs. limestone, I surely wish there was more opportunity in LR.

That being said, I've always accepted the reasons fro moving games back to Fayetteville.

ricepig

Quote from: majp51 on September 30, 2016, 05:12:38 pm
I don't know about that rice. Of course maybe the choice of Schools was purposeful, but this Mississippi State Graduate has called the hogs at just about every game except when the UofA plays MSU. And Its not like I was a Razorback before I went to MSU either. My Pastor is an Ole Miss grad who played football, and he's a Hog fan.

Now we obviously aren't die hards, but in terms of revenue and rooting for a team (even when they aren't winning) Well we do that.

Course we may be part of the "exception" crowd, but then maybe not. I suppose it all comes down to whether you decide to make Arkansas , and NWA, your home, or if you are merely passing through. I will say as some who prefers the terrain to have granite vs. limestone, I surely wish there was more opportunity in LR.

Could be, I just know the people I deal with. As I said, they'll go to the game, probably some of the "wine and cheese" crowd, but they aren't what I'd call avid fans. Most of these guys/gals are graduates from north of the Mason-Dixie line, or the coasts, they don't understand southern football, lol. I hope they all become RF members being club seats and suites!

majp51

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2016, 05:17:34 pm
Could be, I just know the people I deal with. As I said, they'll go to the game, probably some of the "wine and cheese" crowd, but they aren't what I'd call avid fans. Most of these guys/gals are graduates from north of the Mason-Dixie line, or the coasts, they don't understand southern football, lol. I hope they all become RF members being club seats and suites!

BTW The "wine and cheese crowd" was in LR when all the games were there. It's not an NWA thing, but a mentality. And Faculty and Staff are always the biggest purveyors of "Wine and Cheese mentality" , often because they somehow believe that if sports was ended tomorrow I would spend the money on the English department.

You are right though the people I know that came from the upper Midwest, or Northeast would be offended if you gave them Razorback stuff. Course most of them rarely really understand College Football, let alone Southern CFB. Me I have nearly as much Razorback gear as MSU gear.

elksnort

I had the privilege of parking in lot 72 (Broyles-Matthews) for the Texas State game. I did not see any wine nor cheese. A bottle of Pinot noir and some brie would have been nice. I did allow JFB's grandsons to use my tailgate.

Little Rock is done. And that's OK.
If that makes you not like the hogs, then you aren't much of a fan anyway.

ricepig

Quote from: majp51 on September 30, 2016, 05:33:58 pm
BTW The "wine and cheese crowd" was in LR when all the games were there. It's not an NWA thing, but a mentality.

You are right though the people I know that came from the upper Midwest, or Northeast would be offended if you gave them Razorback stuff. Course most of them rarely really understand College Football, let alone Southern CFB. Me I have nearly as much Razorback gear as MSU gear.

Well, you're a better man than I am, haha. I couldn't wear another school's gear, but that's just me. My kids are 4th generation UofA students/graduates, they only had private schools, or the UofA as their choices, I was good with that. I'm a firm believer that there's plenty of room on the bus for everyone!

majp51

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2016, 05:38:18 pm
Well, you're a better man than I am, haha. I couldn't wear another school's gear, but that's just me. My kids are 4th generation UofA students/graduates, they only had private schools, or the UofA as their choices, I was good with that. I'm a firm believer that there's plenty of room on the bus for everyone!

Heh, well my Grandfather was Career Navy, and My Dad moved us around a lot as kids too as he seemed bent on recreating the "Methodist Circuit Rider" mantra, though we were Presbyterians. :)

That did lead us to a sort of unofficial motto for the family:

"Never forget where you are from, but support where you are."

Ragnar Hogbrok

Wine and Cheese crowd vs. Box of Wine and Velveeta crowd.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: hoglady on September 30, 2016, 12:59:19 pm
The attendance for that Georgia game was 54,959. and most of the tickets were $100 a pop.
UA held back about 2500 tickets (trying to sell to Foundation members or something) until either the day before or morning of the game.

excuses. it was GEORGIA! there should have been people holding up fingers for tickets. Corners were empty. i was there. i was embarrassed, you can mark it CBB saw it. No excuses. We had 72k for Texas State. What a joke central and south ark are, man up and show up and start looking forward to coming to the REAL HOME OF THE RAZORBACKS. Donald W Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

LZH

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 30, 2016, 11:10:59 am
Maybe the Fed's still need more storage space for those thousands of trailers they bought, but never used for Katrina......

Ugh, don't remind me. I was going to get rich off of that deal. But, no mucho dinero. Apparently I didn't wine and dine the right crooked politicos.

hoglady

Not necessarily - my Arkansas native mother lived in Louisiana for 20+ years and never became an LSU fan and didn't raise her kids to be LSU fans. We are Hog fans.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 30, 2016, 05:59:20 pm
excuses. it was GEORGIA! there should have been people holding up fingers for tickets. Corners were empty. i was there. i was embarrassed, you can mark it CBB saw it. No excuses. We had 72k for Texas State. What a joke central and south ark are, man up and show up and start looking forward to coming to the REAL HOME OF THE RAZORBACKS. Donald W Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

Now, I'm a firm believer that every game should be in Fayetteville, but there's been some less than stellar crowds for 11am kickoffs for UAB, and others. Yes, a lot more tickets were sold, than the crowd that showed up, but games against FCS/terrible FBS teams effects the crowd, especially when at 11am.

RME

So we can mark you down as attending the game tomorrow, correct?

Just making sure.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: ZERO on September 30, 2016, 02:19:32 pm
You had a chance to tell him you're going to go play in his wife's tunnel and instead you posted this?

But the I-49 tunnel would be more fun. His wife's tunnel is an eight-lane. HEEEEYOOOO!

I'm better than to make fun of someone's wife ... especially her lady parts.  Call me old-fashioned.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

ATU HOG

1.  If we were contending for a championship year in and year out, the game would be a sellout.
2.  Because we are not in that category and since we are playing a high school team, people lose interest.
3.  Tag that with the lack of success we have had there since 2011
4.  Plus it's no secret that this is coming to an end, so it's hard for people to get excited.  WMS is about to become a footnote in razorback history, when in reality there used to be a saying "You never know what's going to happen, we're playing in the Rock"
5.  The athletic staff and admin don't like playing there and they've made that clear.

Piggfoot

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 29, 2016, 10:00:45 pm

Central Arkansas couldn't sell out Georgia. Hope Long buys out of WM after this year. 72k for Texas State. Listen to excuses in this thread. 11am, poor opponent etc. WM IS DEAD.
What makes you think that the 72,000 seats sold at Razorback stadium were all bought by people from NWA. And what makes you think it is Central and South Arkansas' fault because WMS has 15,000
seats unsold for a cupcake game at 11:00 in the morning. Do you think all of the seats should be bought by people from Central and South Arkansas. Could it possibly be the people from NWA are not coming to support the Hogs in Little Rock? Do you suppose NWA fans could have bought those seats?
People like you make me sick and are reason enough to stay home and not be around people like you.
I did a pole on this site asking where you lived and if you went to both LR and Fayetteville games. The pole was showing an overwhelming number of people from Central and South Arkansas going to Fayetteville Compared to NWA coming to Little Rock. It rocked someone's boat so it was deleted by I suppose some Moderator who did not like the direction the pole was heading. WMS is a Memorial to War Heros but also a place for football. It was supposed to bring people together.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

RME

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 27, 2016, 10:10:06 pm
not coming.

Claaaaaaaasssssssssssic.

"Everyone should be there. Man up and show up! Me? Nah I'm not going."

ricepig

ImHogginIt

Quote from: The Chief on September 30, 2016, 05:55:34 pm
Wine and Cheese crowd vs. Box of Wine and Velveeta crowd.

I have a box of this in the fridge right now  ;D

CapitalCityHawg

Your missing the point. Everyone knows games in Little Rock are over and fans in Little Rock and Southern Arkansas are just becoming less and less interested in attending. Attendance like this and the Georgia game would have never happened 10-15 years ago. It shows that statewide support is starting to slip. 

ricepig

Quote from: CapitalCityHawg on September 30, 2016, 07:26:29 pm
Your missing the point. Everyone knows games in Little Rock are over and fans in Little Rock and Southern Arkansas are just becoming less and less interested in attending. Attendance like this and the Georgia game would have never happened 10-15 years ago. It shows that statewide support is starting to slip. 

Ok, see you in Fayetteville.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: CapitalCityHawg on September 30, 2016, 07:26:29 pm

Stupidest crap I've ever heard. I've been in Kansas City 23 years, they don't come play up here, I always have to travel hours to see them and my love for them has never waned. In 95, 2 years after I moved up here, the Hogs came up here and won a regional final in basketball 18 miles from my house. It was Hog Heaven. Never again have they been that close. I've got 8 tickets to the Mizzou game this Thanksgiving Friday in Columbia and my whole family will sacrifice their Thanksgiving in Arkansas to travel up here and go to the game with mom and dad that took them to games all during the 80's and early 90's in Little Rock and Fayetteville, from Pine Bluff. We still make road trips back all the time and then drive back to catch Chiefs games at Arrowhead. You are either a Hog fan or you aren't. If you are, nothing will stop you but economics.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

CapitalCityHawg

Quote from: k.c.hawg on September 30, 2016, 07:41:58 pm
Stupidest crap I've ever heard. I've been in Kansas City 23 years, they don't come play up here, I always have to travel hours to see them and my love for them has never waned. In 95 2 years after I moved up here, the Hogs came up here and won a regional final in basketball 18 miles from my house. It was Hog Heaven. Never again have they been that close. I've got 8 tickets to the Mizzou game this Thanksgiving Friday in Columbia and my whole family will sacrifice their Thanksgiving in Arkansas to travel up here and go to the game with mom and dad that took them to games all during the 80's and early 90's in Little Rock and Fayetteville, from Pine Bluff. We still make road trips back all the time and then drive back to catch Chiefs games at Arrowhead. You are either a Hog fan or you aren't. If you are, nothing will stop you but economics.

How do you explain the drop off in attendance at WMS? Either less central and southern Arkansas fans are interested in attending or a lot of NWA fans that used to come to LR for games aren't coming anymore.

TheRazorback500

I'm from about as far south as you can go in Arkansas and have attended games in LR since the 60s. I'll be sad, but times have changed, and traditions come and go. I support playing them all on the Hill. Woo pig.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?