12 (6.2%)
Pepsi
4 (2.1%)
No/Frito Pie
14 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 194

Voting closed: October 05, 2016, 01:03:21 pm

RazorbackRon

Heard that on KARK tonight.  Unbelievable if true.

Just makes Long's decision even easier.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

hobhog

RazorbackRon

Quote from: hobhog on September 29, 2016, 08:12:01 pm
Opponent is horrible. Scrimmage.

BUT for the central AR and southern AR fans who don't like NWA, this is their only chance.

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

bphi11ips

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 29, 2016, 08:09:18 pm

Unadultered ignorance.  I'll be surprised if 30,000 are in the stands, and WMGC will have three homeless river rats trying to bum a beer.  What did you expect?  You don't have to play in Fayetteville, but get the hell out of Little Rock.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

FATHAWG08

After the trip to Dallas my wallet needs a rest. I will watch this game in the comforts of my home.
I love off season Football!!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: hobhog on September 29, 2016, 08:12:01 pm
Opponent is horrible. Scrimmage.

There were 72,000+ for Texas State in Fayetteville.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

ricepig

Quote from: The Chief on September 29, 2016, 08:18:52 pm

Well, a couple of different factors, D-I opponent, and it was Family Weekend, so lots of Mom's, Dads, brothers and sisters there. I still figured on 45,000 on Saturday.

Carl Lazlo

ricepig

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on September 29, 2016, 08:18:46 pm
After the trip to Dallas my wallet needs a rest. I will watch this game in the comforts of my home.

Yeah, in the future, one more game in Fayetteville will add up. I even wish this year's back to back conference games were split apart. It sometimes feels like you get home and turn around and drive back 4 1/2 hours.

bphi11ips

Texas State is an FBS school coming off of a victory over Ohio, who beat Kansas the next week.  Arkansas was coming off an upset over TCU.  How many fans from south of the Arkansas River were there?

Alcorn State is an FCS school who just lost to UAPB.  Arkansas just lost.  How many from the sprawling metropolis of Fayetteville will be in Little Rock this weekend?

Go play in the I-49 tunnel.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

kodiakisland

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 29, 2016, 08:13:52 pm
BUT for the central AR and southern AR fans who don't like NWA, this is their only chance.

Yeah, but they don't want to pay to watch practice anymore than someone in NWA does.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

ricepig

Quote from: kodiakisland on September 29, 2016, 08:34:23 pm
Yeah, but they don't want to pay to watch practice anymore than someone in NWA does.

Well, they might not have shown up, but there would he been 50,000 season tickets sold, plus however many students walk over.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: kodiakisland on September 29, 2016, 08:34:23 pm

I live in central AR, 30 min from WMS.  We've been a season ticket holder at both stadiums for the last 28 years, except we did not renew our LR tickets this year.  This will be the 2nd game in LR that I've missed in 28 years, the other being cause my dad was in the hospital.

We are lucky and were able to make it to Jerry's World to see the A&M game last weekend (lucky to go, not the game outcome).  As Ricepig stated above, there are back to back games in Fayetteville, twice this season, Oct and Nov.  We will gladly make the trip each time.

WPS

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 29, 2016, 08:30:25 pm
Texas State is an FBS school coming off of a victory over Ohio, who beat Kansas the next week.  Arkansas was coming off an upset over TCU.  How many fans from south of the Arkansas River were there?

Alcorn State is an FCS school who just lost to UAPB.  Arkansas just lost.  How many from the sprawling metropolis of Fayetteville will be in Little Rock this weekend?

Born and raised in Fort Smith.  Just south of the Arkansas River.  Before moving to Van Buren.  Just north of the river.  I've attended more games at War Memorial than DWR Razorback stadium.

Tell me to play in the I-49 tunnel?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: The Chief on September 29, 2016, 08:53:55 pm
Born and raised in Fort Smith.  Just south of the Arkansas River.  Before moving to Van Buren.  Just north of the river.  I've attended more games at War Memorial than DWR Razorback stadium.

Tell me to play in the I-49 tunnel?

I think he has a CHIP on his shoulder.

factchecker

This NWAer will be there with about 10 family/friends.  The tickets to this game were too cheap not to buy in bulk.

With that being said, you don't have to go to games to be a fan.  Some people can't afford or are physically unable to deal with travel and game time situations.  I'm blessed to be in good health and financial stability to where I'm only missing two games this season; TCU and Auburn.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawg414

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 29, 2016, 08:09:18 pm

Long's decision is already made.  Probably accounts for some of the remaining tickets.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on September 29, 2016, 08:26:56 pm
Yeah, in the future, one more game in Fayetteville will add up. I even wish this year's back to back conference games were split apart. It sometimes feels like you get home and turn around and drive back 4 1/2 hours.
It continues to feel this way.

NuttinItUp

UALR or Arkansas State would be a better opponent...

factchecker

I hope Alcorn is bringing their band.  They are right down the road from Little Rock and anytime you can get a SWAC band I would.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 29, 2016, 09:02:37 pm

This thread now has all the ingredients to go 20+ pages.

ricepig

kodiakisland

Well. Since UAPB beat Alcorn, I vote for UAPB.

Wait, maybe UCA.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

RazorbackRon

ricepig

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 29, 2016, 09:07:26 pm
You should go with UCA.  They did beat A-State last week.

UALR doesn't have a team, so no worries on losing, and we rest AA.

Foozzball

If the Razorbacks had a good sustained football program year in and year out, every game would be a sell out regardless of opponent or location.  Its funny that so many people blame losing and bad recruiting on LR and WMS....ha ha.  You lose when you aint very good and you play better teams/programs than you.  Through the years, we've lost in fayetteville more than anywhere else, we should be petitioning to move the university or Arkansas to different location!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Foozzball on September 29, 2016, 09:16:38 pm
If the Razorbacks had a good sustained football program year in and year out, every game would be a sell out regardless of opponent or location.  Its funny that so many people blame losing and bad recruiting on LR and WMS....ha ha.  You lose when you aint very good and you play better teams/programs than you.  Through the years, we've lost in fayetteville more than anywhere else, we should be petitioning to move the university or Arkansas to different location!
When you play more games in Fayetteville, it stands to reason that you have a greater chance of losing more games in Fayeteville. See ya Saturday?

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Foozzball

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 29, 2016, 09:22:54 pm
When you play more games in Fayetteville, it stands to reason that you have a greater chance of losing more games in Fayeteville. See ya Saturday?

I've been thinking about coming.  Maybe I can afford this one since its being played in an old stadium.

factchecker

Quote from: Foozzball on September 29, 2016, 09:25:32 pm
I've been thinking about coming.  Maybe I can afford this one since its being played in an old stadium.

You can get tickets for as cheap as $35.  Might find cheaper around the stadium.

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AIBM%3AF16%3A03%3A&linkID=arkansas&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FBI&cgc=
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Tickets are a little bit more expensive for foundation seating area:

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AIBM%3AF16%3AFSL%3A&linkID=arkansas&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FBS&cgc
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

DLUXHOG

IF this is true.... it is seriously so, so sad.....   The Hogs are currently 3-1 with an obvious opportunity to go to 4-1 this weekend.   Where are you Razorback Fans that live near Little Rock?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Foozzball on September 29, 2016, 09:25:32 pm

Yeah...come on down...or up or over? Join the fun. We'd love to have you. Bring a desert.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Mr. Porkleone

Central Arkansas couldn't sell out Georgia. Hope Long buys out of WM after this year. 72k for Texas State. Listen to excuses in this thread. 11am, poor opponent etc. WM IS DEAD.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 29, 2016, 09:02:37 pm
I've never really cared one way or another but now... Hell, I'd be lying to myself if I didn't admit I'd MUCH RATHER see us play Arkansas State than TexasState/Alcorn/insertrandomlouisianaschoolhere. Seriously, I just want to see the game!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Foozzball

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 29, 2016, 09:56:47 pm
Yeah...come on down...or up or over? Join the fun. We'd love to have you. Bring a desert.

I'm kind of afraid everyone on here would want to play kick the foozball around since I'm always poking fun at everyone.  lol.  Some act like they are seriously mad at me sometimes. 

KlubhouseKonnected

I'm staying away..  I heard there might be people from Fayetteville there.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Do you think years of getting pizzed on from a northerly direction has dampened the enthusiasm of some people? 
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

factchecker

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 29, 2016, 11:34:00 pm
I'm staying away..  I heard there might be people from Fayetteville there.

There will be.  As there will be people from Jonesboro, Magnolia, Hot Springs.  Hell, I'll have my brother and his wife coming in from Dallas at the game.

Some Razorback fans are fans of the program and support the team regardless of where they play.   Some are fans of convenience and only support the local city and/or stadium.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Sed76

Every ticket could be sold and some would still complain about there being a game in Little Rock. It will all be over in a couple of years. Til then buy a ticket and support the team no matter what the venue.

ricepig

Quote from: Sed76 on September 29, 2016, 11:58:13 pm
Every ticket could be sold and some would still complain about there being a game in Little Rock. It will all be over in a couple of years. Til then buy a ticket and support the team no matter what the venue.

This^^^

Inhogswetrust

How many fans from south of the Arkansas River were there?

I drove to that game from over a bigger river than that called the Mississippi river. Just as far as any point time wise in Arkansas.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Sed76 on September 29, 2016, 11:58:13 pm

I'lll be there.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hoglady

I'm not surprised in the least.
When UAPB beat Alcorn St and Hogs lost to A&M I knew it would not be pretty.
This is a scrimmage game - possibly the worst opponent we've had in I can't remember when.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 29, 2016, 11:37:40 pm
Do you think years of getting pizzed on from a northerly direction has dampened the enthusiasm of some people? 

Naw it's the years of getting pissed on while on the golf course.

factchecker

Quote from: hoglady on September 30, 2016, 05:54:02 am
This is a scrimmage game - possibly the worst opponent we've had in I can't remember when.

You must not remember this team-

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jkstock04

Haha man this subject sure brings out the best in you.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HoopS

I remember gladly going to watch the Hogs whip Pacific at WMS. Didn't matter who we played, I wanted to go.

If they can't sell out or come close, then we need that game in Fayetteville next time. Period.