Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weekend Games 10/1 & Impact on College Game Day on the Hill for 10/8

Started by OnYourToes, September 29, 2016, 11:16:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OnYourToes

If both Tenn and A&M win this weekend, it would be fairly obvious that GameDay would choose their head to head on 10/8.

However, if either one of them were to lose this weekend, it would open the door for GameDay on the Hill when we host Bama.

Tenn has to go to Georgia. This will be their first game played outside of the state of Tennessee on the season, their only game away from Knoxville was played at Bristol TN.  Georgia barley pulled out a win at a very down Mizzou team, and was made to look like an FCS team last week at Ole Miss.  Georgia's season is already in free fall.  This is Kirby's first chance to rally the troops, hunker down, make a stand, whatever rallying phrase you want to throw in there, at home, between the hedges.  Tenn is coming in higher than a kite, having just snapped their loosing streak to Florida on a crazy second half performance. I'm not saying that it is a lock that Georgia will beat Tenn, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.  And if it does, that helps us out for Game Day being on the Hill on 10/8.

A&M has to go to South Carolina.  This game will not be as close as the Tenn Georgia game will be and shouldn't.  I expect A&M to win going away.  With this win, A&M will be the top contender to beat Bama, but that makes A&M's game the following week, at Tenn, who hopefully is 4-1 and 1-1, not mean as much as it could. 

I am hoping for GameDay on the Hill on 10/8.  If some things fall our way, we could see it.  I remember the last time they came, it was one experience I will never forget.  I want new Hog fans to experience, I want my 5 year olds to see it.  What an atmosphere, what an opportunity for the team, university, town of Fayetteville, and even state of Arkansas will have to showcase all that we know to be true and sometimes take for granted. 

I say we have about a 25% shot at hosting Game Day on the Hill right now.

What chance do you give us?
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

rhames

I couldn't care less about game day. I do want the 230 cbs spot and for that to happen Tennessee has to lose to Georgia which wouldn't surprise me one bit.

South Carolina will be destroyed by A&M
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

DeltaBoy

Yep there a ton of variables in what going to happen .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.