Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College GameDay

Started by ChicagoHog, September 29, 2016, 11:07:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 30, 2016, 08:48:57 pm
The last time GameDay was at the UofA, the crowd was pitiful.

Looks good to me:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gawntrail

Any additional national exposure is a good thing.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 30, 2016, 10:36:38 pm
We'll see. Doesn't matter how different NWA is...how different is the student body?
Winning is the best exposure....
No disagreement there.  However, Beating Bama while hosting gameday would be a full week of the UA being pimped all over ESPN

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: factchecker on October 01, 2016, 12:49:50 am
Looks good to me:

There weren't as many as those shots lead you to believe. Plus early on in the show, it was weak. They were telling to people to crowd in behind the set to make it look like more people were there. But later in the show it picked up quite a bit. But it's always good to get that extra exposure.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Jahcob

I work in the travel industry and there were multiple location scouts for Gameday in town a couple weeks ago.  Not sure how much significance that has, but I'd imagine it means it's more than just a pipe dream.

rljjr

I don't want to start a second game day thread, but the signs in Clemson are hilarious. They've taken the Hog off of Petrino's hat and put a Cardinal on it -- you know the pic right after the motorcycle wreck. Some of the comments are hilarious.

Hogarusa

GameDay is great, would be cool to have it in town.  Would be real tough to support that it adds anything to recruiting. Hogs are in the SEC, where 5-6 other schools also host GameDay each season.  Nothing negative about it though
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

IllinoisRazorbackFan

No way game day comes to ark

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 29, 2016, 11:10:25 am
We won't get it. 

...and do you really want to see Corso, stick that ridiculous looking elephant head over his again?

It'll be Fla St and Miami.

...rumor has it that --- oh yes
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on September 30, 2016, 08:53:01 pm
FSU plays UNC and Miami plays GT this weekend.  Unless one of those is an upset FSU/Miami will be first choice.

A&M plays USC a likely win and Tenn plays UGa a slight favorite and that will be the 2nd choice.

If there are upsets in both matches then ESPN will follow Bama to Fayetteville.  I put that at les than 10%.

The way Finebaum's been pitching Arkansas has a chance all week I think we will see SEC Nation.  I doubt even PF can sell Arkansas fans there a realistic chance for a win unless the OL suddenly has vast improvement.

Finebaum will be in Gainesville for LSU vs FLa next Saturday.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

mckinneyhog5

Just announced it's either Tenn v AM or Alabama v Arkansas. Tenner losing today will help
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

007 License To Squeal

Georgia just beat Tenn with :10 left.....unless Tenn has a miracle play.

hogcard1964

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 01, 2016, 05:27:22 pm
Just announced it's either Tenn v AM or Alabama v Arkansas. Tenner losing today will help

Won't be Tenner.  They've already had two and they just lost to UGA.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 01, 2016, 06:09:38 pm
Won't be Tenner.  They've already had two and they just lost to UGA.
Looks like it I'll be Bama v Hogs.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

007 License To Squeal

Well, Tenn just won it with a hail Mary...!!!

Arkansas Fan

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Keldeo1997

Welp FSU just lost and UT is about to... nvm GameDay to Collage Station :(
The unnecessary Unsportsmenlike cost the Doggs the game.

Arkansas Fan

Red hot Tennessee team that just keeps winning against the surprise team in the West, Texas A&M with hard defense and fast offense.

Gameday going to College Station.

Wi11ieBeamin

I don't see how they don't choose us....they will almost certainly be at the Tenn/Bama game the next weekend. The only other good game that weekend is Us vs Ole Miss. I think we got it. Plus we will be the ESPN game and they like that

rhames

It will be the Tennessee game.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hogcard1964

I spoke too soon, but we'll still get it.  Tenners been on twice already.

Danny J

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on October 01, 2016, 06:23:11 pm
Red hot Tennessee team that just keeps winning against the surprise team in the West, Texas A&M with hard defense and fast offense.

Gameday going to College Station.
Hope you are right and I am not sure if GameDay has done a single team 3 times in the past but if they have then College Station will likely get it.

I just can't imagine one team getting GameDay 3 times in 6 weeks but with ESPN who knows

hogcard1964

Has Bama been on yet this season?

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 01, 2016, 07:05:19 pm
Has Bama been on yet this season?

They went to Green Bay for Whisky-LSU opening weekend but were they in Oxford for OM-Bama? 

hogcard1964

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on October 01, 2016, 07:11:42 pm
They went to Green Bay for Whisky-LSU opening weekend but were they in Oxford for OM-Bama?

No

But it's looking good.  We'll probably know by tomorrow morning.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-in-consideration-as-espn-college-gameday-site-for-alabama-game

ChicoHog

SEC nation was in Oxford for the Bama game. 

I think Tenn and A&M both undefeated could have them going there but Tenn getting a couple games already helps us.  if only we had beaten A&M it would be a lock!

hogcard1964

Watching Bama's D against Kentucky right now and all I can say is Holy Shnikeys!

HotlantaHog

S.A.D.C

Yes, they are going to TAMU.

razorhead94

It was going to be in Fayetteville until the miracle Tennessee hail mary.  Oh well after we beat Bama, they'll come to Fayetteville next weekend
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs