Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Honest predictions for Alcorn State

Started by hogz11, September 29, 2016, 10:42:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogz11

Hogs coming off another bad loss to A&M into this game. They will want to blow off some steam for sure and be as sharp/confident as possible going into the Bama game. There's no reason to break down the matchup IMO as the Hogs have the advantage at every position on any side of the ball. Hogs have not played well to say the least at WMS under CBB, but this game was slated in LR for just that reason. Hogs roll here and probably take their foot off the gas in the 2nd half.

Arkansas 45

Alcorn State 10

ATLHog

Bacon_Bitz

SemperFi

A whole bunch of angry and very hostile Hogs is what I'm predicting. Alcorn St is running into a buzz saw.

Angry at the World 55
Hapless Victim 6
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

cosmodrum

Don't have a number, just know it won't be close except at kickoff
Go away, batin'

bigred223

popcornhog

WPS

RazrRila99

I said in another thread:  48-17. 

I think our defense will come out trying to be world beaters and blow a couple plays from overplaying.  They'll settle down and not allow a score in the 2nd/3rd Qtr.  10 points to Alcorn in 4th qtr garbage time.

hogcard1964

DiamondHogFan

Will be similar to the Nicholls St game 2 years ago.  We will score whenever we want to and they will only score if they catch a lucky break.

55-7

MJ2

DeltaBoy

Shades of Nichols State is what I am seeing.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WooPig90

EastexHawg

73-0.

It is a shame that games like this are scheduled.  Maybe when the playoff system is expanded to include all champions of power conferences they will go away.

Georgia Tech went 3-9 last year, but they beat Alcorn 69-6.

redleg

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

ShadowHawg

CBB's rep has always been that of running up the score whenever he can. This will be a blood letting. We will exceed 60 and they will be lucky to score more than once if at all.

Minimum of 60-3, Hog win.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogz11 on September 29, 2016, 12:42:14 pm
I think that's probably in the past for him. Hogs could've scored 70 if they wanted to against Texas State and they took their foot way off the gas.

UT Martin and Nicholls St. say hello. CBB beats teams as bad as he possibly can. I don't have a problem with it because he would do it to Alabama just the same as he did to Nicholls. I don't see it as poor sportsmanship at all, but as training his team to stay in the mentality of having to bring it full speed, all the time, regardless of opponent.

Just look what he did to Nebraska in his last game at Wiscy.

hobhog

Quote from: hogz11 on September 29, 2016, 11:20:27 am
They are the worst team on the schedule for sure. Just think the Hogs may not be as sharp in WMS. If this game was at RRS, my prediction would probably be like 59-7.

Funny

hobhog

Quote from: hogz11 on September 29, 2016, 12:42:14 pm
I think that's probably in the past for him. Hogs could've scored 70 if they wanted to against Texas State and they took their foot way off the gas.

CBB has vocalized his displeasure with playing in LR so I don't think he wants the game to be any longer than it has to be. If he will agree to shorten a game at RRS and run dive after dive to basically keep the clock running, you can bet he will do it Saturday at WMS.

Just my two cents.

Even funnier

a0ashle

51-6 and Froholdt gets a fat guy touchdown.

Me Like Hogs

It will be a lopsided game, no question. My hope is that 2nd stringers get more playing time than in the Texas State game. This will likely lead to us not scoring as much as we could and Alcorn State scoring enough for some posters to ask for RS to be fired, something like 48 - 17.

rzrbkman

Honest prediction

70-7 Arkansas

Dishonest prediction

35-21  Arkansas

Hoggish1

This will be a Bama-like win:  45-0 early in third Q and then playing a lot of backups.

phadedhawg

popcornhog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 29, 2016, 11:15:42 am
Hogs 71

Alcorn St. 6

Second half Willie about running out the clock and avoiding injuries. I doubt we'll even make an effort at putting up that many points.
WPS

rljjr

Run game and blocking practice. No idea what the score will be.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

CaddoHog

45-10 Hogs

As a few others have mentioned, starters play first half only.
-    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -

CaddoHog:  the most hated member on Hogville.net
(for the reasons of _______________________ )

kodiakisland

How can anyone accurately predict this game?  What do you base it on?  UAPB beat Alcorn.  How long should our starters play?  What should we be working on?  This is practice.  And not 1s verses 1s.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

ceegar

Go Hogs. Go Noles.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Mr. Porkleone

jcul28

SquidBilly

I hope this is a game where we are able to test our depth.  Give the starters enough reps to get their confidence up, but then put in the 2s and 3s and let them run actual plays and get meaningful reps.

Potosihog

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

FATHAWG08

Arkansas 65 Alcorn 6.

If I was CBB Austin would sit this one out and recover from the beating he took last week. Storey must get as many reps as possible. Storey will be needed if things don't improve upfront.
I love off season Football!!

Foozzball

I can't really make an honest prediction because I absolutely know nothing about Alcorn St.  However, if there is a team that can lose to someone we never heard of before, its the Razorbacks!  But, since I do know the razorbacks, I think I can make an accurate prediction based off of the first 4 games!

Arkansas  6       (TD w/missed pat)

Alcorn St. 5       ( FG + Safety)

If we were playing in Fayetteville, I'd say Razorbacks 106 - 5 but WMS makes us play worse!

goodguytex

Just win baby! I don't care if it's by 1 point or by 100. But frankly I think the margin will be closer to 100 than 1.

Wild Bill Hog

Total mismatch.  Hopefully no one gets injured.

rzrbkman

Grambling St. scored 43 points against Alcorn St. last Saturday.

factchecker

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on September 29, 2016, 08:14:52 pm
Arkansas 65 Alcorn 6.

If I was CBB Austin would sit this one out and recover from the beating he took last week. Storey must get as many reps as possible. Storey will be needed if things don't improve upfront.

IF Austin is injured then Kelley will burn a redshirt.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wild Bill Hog

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Foozzball on September 29, 2016, 09:30:36 pm
I can't really make an honest prediction because I absolutely know nothing about Alcorn St.  However, if there is a team that can lose to someone we never heard of before, its the Razorbacks!  But, since I do know the razorbacks, I think I can make an accurate prediction based off of the first 4 games!

Arkansas  6       (TD w/missed pat)

Alcorn St. 5       ( FG + Safety)

If we were playing in Fayetteville, I'd say Razorbacks 106 - 5 but WMS makes us play worse!
And this is how you know Skip is a troll...
All Gas, No Brakes!

micali

Quote from: rzrbkman on September 30, 2016, 08:28:50 am
Grambling St. scored 43 points against Alcorn St. last Saturday.
Why even have a team?  Is it because the school needs the money? Sheesh

nchogg

I have not predicted a score in a long time but I say AR 55 and AS 10. They will score with our second team defense and when AA goes out of the game we will not score as much. It will be good experience for the backups.

Deep Shoat

Word is, Devwah will get a lot of action this week and TJ will play snaps at RB and PR.  TJ is finally fully healthy after his offseason surgery. and Devwah has picked up the pass blocking to an acceptable level.
All Gas, No Brakes!

factchecker

Quote from: Deep Shoat on September 30, 2016, 09:09:24 am
Word is, Devwah will get a lot of action this week and TJ will play snaps at RB and PR.  TJ is finally fully healthy after his offseason surgery. and Devwah has picked up the pass blocking to an acceptable level.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS