Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The long drive in the 3rd

Started by Arazorbackguy1, September 28, 2016, 08:31:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

Gives me hope for the rest of the year.  We score a TD there and the momentum is on our side.  The fact we were able to move the ball the way we did says a lot about where we are as a team. The refs screwing us over killed our momentum and spirit.  Sumlin was right to take advantage and go long to put the dagger in our hopes.  We just have to score and we win.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

sickboy

We score there and I think it changes the entire ending to the game.

Biggus Piggus

Very similar to the long drive in the Texas Tech game last season. Only thing is last season, we came back after that and gave A&M a heckuva game.
[CENSORED]!

a0ashle

19 play drives are a sign that our success rate was phenomenal for that series, that is a positive. I think it made it even more of a gut punch when we didn't get it in, more than it would have been if it were a quick drive.

southarkhog06

Quote from: sickboy on September 28, 2016, 08:48:38 pm
We score there and I think it changes the entire ending to the game.
It was just like, every other time we have played the Aggies recently. We had 6-7 plays that had we made half of them its a different game, we made none of them.
The Aggies are our boogeyman for some reason, I still think this is a 9-10 win team.

factchecker

I think we still lose due to our defense's inability to stop them in the 2nd half.  However, if this ball crossed the goal line it does changes the momentum of the game.... at least for a while.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

wildhogman

Think about the whole series of events leading up to that drive.  Start of game we win the toss and elect to take the ball, knowing they would get it to start the third Qtr.  We kick to them and then proceed to stop them and force a punt. Downed at ,,what? the 5 yard?  Anyway. we took it the length of the field in a long tine consuming drive. A TD would have been great, but my gosh, just get points. a FG there and we have the lead and the D still has there focus and drive they had to force the first punt.  And aTm knows their possesions for the rest of the game are limited. They start forcing and we all know Knight doesn't work well under pressure.  To me a week later that's still the turning point.  Get the freaking points and stay within your philosophy. Their Defense was gassed. If they had to continue to defend the long drives instead of pinning their ears back and coming after AA when we went two scores down, the game is totally different.  The one time I blame CBB, I think(and its just my opion) that he let his emotion get the better of him instead of logic and sticking to his philosophy.

ricepig

Quote from: wildhogman on September 29, 2016, 06:19:20 pm
Think about the whole series of events leading up to that drive.  Start of game we win the toss and elect to take the ball, knowing they would get it to start the third Qtr.  We kick to them and then proceed to stop them and force a punt. Downed at ,,what? the 5 yard?  Anyway. we took it the length of the field in a long tine consuming drive. A TD would have been great, but my gosh, just get points. a FG there and we have the lead and the D still has there focus and drive they had to force the first punt.  And aTm knows their possesions for the rest of the game are limited. They start forcing and we all know Knight doesn't work well under pressure.  To me a week later that's still the turning point.  Get the freaking points and stay within your philosophy. Their Defense was gassed. If they had to continue to defend the long drives instead of pinning their ears back and coming after AA when we went two scores down, the game is totally different.  The one time I blame CBB, I think(and its just my opion) that he let his emotion get the better of him instead of logic and sticking to his philosophy.

Actually they drove the length of the field and fumbled while trying to go hurry up.

bphi11ips

Quote from: wildhogman on September 29, 2016, 06:19:20 pm

My only complaint about Bielema for four years has been his game management.  A&M was not good.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

wildhogman

Quote from: ricepig on September 29, 2016, 06:21:02 pm
Actually they drove the length of the field and fumbled while trying to go hurry up.
Ahh I stand corrected. however that reinforces my opinion evenmore. They pressed and made a mistake. The flinched first.  Take the points and they press even harder realizing 'again' they will    be limited in possesions.

dagnamit