Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How are Hogs still ranked

Started by Piggie Smalls, September 27, 2016, 09:47:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

Quote from: Piggie Smalls on September 27, 2016, 09:47:39 pm
They have no business still being in the top 25 after that butt-kicking on Saturday.

Duh... They think we are a top 20 team because we are good. 

Seebs

It is a Saber-metric principle on how/why we are still ranked.

TAMU was ranked 10th and the Hogs were ranked 17.

The line at kickoff was TAMU minus 7.

The Stipple Effect states that the underdog on the game that leads the game for a longer duration than the eventual winner of the game proves out to be a more dominant team in the equation.

The Hogs lead for more time than the Aggies did, ergo, The Carnuba Principle of the Stipple Effect extrapolates that this was not a seven point line but closer to a 20 point line due to the extenuating circumstances of the lack of defenders in the middle of the field during quarterback draws.

At the end of the day the TAMU team won and moved up while the 17th ranked team lead for most of the game and the math for that is simply stated in the Stipple Principle - ' If you lead for three quarters and lose the game to a higher ranked team, you will drop in the polls by the number of quarters you lead' .. and in this case, three quarters, so three spots.

Its so easy man.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

5HOG5

A good portion of the game the hogs kept A&M in check, if not for the penalties, play-calling which would have scored alot more points from the goaline? I think Arkansas could have taken this game. I dont think the voters think arkansas is a bad team they just beat themselves instead of A&M that night.

Swine-as-wine

Trevor Knight will be the Aggies downfall..........guaranteed

S.A.D.C

Quote from: Piggie Smalls on September 27, 2016, 09:47:39 pm
They have no business still being in the top 25 after that butt-kicking on Saturday.

I would be happy to see your list of 25 teams ahead of them. 

The top 25 is so arbitrary...  Why don't we have a Top 30 or a Top 42??  Once you get past the Top 10 (and I would say probably more like the Top 7) all the teams start to get very similar...