Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turned over a new Leaf

Started by RebelW, September 26, 2016, 10:29:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 26, 2016, 12:15:06 pm
It's the responsibility of the HC to educate guys like Kirkland on their decision.

Can you educate them all?
No.

But in Kirkland's case it was OBVIOUS. 

There are methods used to help convince underclassmen with visions of grandeur.  Happens to programs everywhere.

This was a time to employ those methods.

If you remember correctly he tried but Kirkland went and signed with an agent without giving CBB the chance to lay it out for him.

ricepig

With the cold front blowing through today, several new leaves will be turned over.

hogman78

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 26, 2016, 12:49:20 pm
If you remember correctly he tried but Kirkland went and signed with an agent without giving CBB the chance to lay it out for him.

I'm sure he remembers, but it doesn't fit the agenda. I'm done arguing with the fools, before I look like one too. They can have their moment in the sun.

RME

Quote from: ricepig on September 26, 2016, 12:50:58 pm
With the cold front blowing through today, several new leaves will be turned over.

But "Leaf" in the original post is capitalized...what could this mean? Are we sure he's referring to tree leaves?

Is there some cryptic tweet somewhere? Some double-meaning that the OP intended that we aren't catching?

ricepig

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 26, 2016, 12:53:24 pm
But "Leaf" in the original post is capitalized...what could this mean? Are we sure he's referring to tree leaves?

Is there some cryptic tweet somewhere? Some double-meaning that the OP intended that we aren't catching?

Ryan have a brother, and would we want him?

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: hogman78 on September 26, 2016, 12:44:55 pm
Screw Nick is what I'm saying. I wouldn't send my child to play for him. Pump out, and pimp out his stock if you want. That's on you "SO". So what is more like it.

I'm not a Bama fan but I respect what he has done with a program that couldn't beat Nutt, and btw, I know how he got the team to where it is, filled those Rubbermaid buckets...You need to read more thoroughly , jmo.
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: hogman78 on September 26, 2016, 12:52:50 pm
I'm sure he remembers, but it doesn't fit the agenda. I'm done arguing with the fools, before I look like one too. They can have their moment in the sun.

...so, you have the whole Kirkland story in the palm of your lil paw, dude, get some perspective ...no one is ragging on Coach B.  put a tampon in it...

hogman78

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 26, 2016, 12:59:59 pm
...so, you have the whole Kirkland story in the palm of your lil paw, dude, get some perspective ...
Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 26, 2016, 12:54:45 pm
I'm not a Bama fan but I respect what he has done with a program that couldn't beat Nutt, and btw, I know how he got the team to where it is, filled those Rubbermaid buckets...You need to read more thoroughly , jmo.

So he got the players to a storied program? Most likely with bags of cash. Paint the picture however you want I guess.

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: hogman78 on September 26, 2016, 01:00:54 pm
So he got the players to a storied program? Most likely with bags of cash. Paint the picture however you want I guess.

...haha, whatever dude ... The picture is there if you'd care to take a look ...

He started to win when he worked his players into the ground and ran off all the 4-5 star deadwood ...

hogman78

hogman78

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 26, 2016, 01:02:15 pm
...haha, whatever dude ... The picture is there if you'd care to take a look ...

He started to win when he worked his players into the ground and ran off all the 4-5 star deadwood ...

4-5 star dead wood doesn't sound familiar to this Hog fan. Have fun trolling, I'm out.

Sir Oinksalot

Yeah, you need to move on, not sure what you are pushing, maybe sleep it off ..?

It's a glaring weakness of Coach B. and SO isn't into hero worship ...

hogman78

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 26, 2016, 01:16:08 pm
Yeah, you need to move on, not sure what you are pushing, maybe sleep it off ..?

It's a glaring weakness of Coach B. and SO isn't into hero worship ...

You know who's a hero to me? My brother that lives with PTSD from the first gulf war. You and your sissy ass ilk, not so much. Good day!

DeltaBoy

Missing Kirkland Hurts.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: hogman78 on September 26, 2016, 01:21:46 pm
You know who's a hero to me? My brother that lives with PTSD from the first gulf war. You and your sissy ass ilk, not so much. Good day!

...we will pray for him, and all our wounded who gave so much so that we can be free.....sorry, this is a different subject and it's heartbreaking what our political leaders have let happen ....

You and your brother are both heros my friend ...

hogman78

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 26, 2016, 01:30:30 pm
...we will pray for him.

And I would thank everyone that actually will

hogman78

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 26, 2016, 01:30:30 pm
...we will pray for him, and all our wounded who gave so much so that we can be free.....sorry, this is a different subject and it's heartbreaking what our political leaders have let happen ....

You and your brother are both heros my friend ...

He lived it. I watched it since junior high. I might have chosen a life like his had he have been taken care of, and not criticized for his efforts. So many people want to turn this "game" into their life, and to me, it's pathetic. Spoiled ass, out of tune with what's really happening people. If I am hated for feeling that way then I don't give a damn.

Sir Oinksalot

...you are so so right, it's just a game to keep our wits sharp.....

Did you guys find a support group, it's the only way out of a true nightmare ..

Sir Oinksalot

Hogman, I don't want to piss you off anymore than I already have, but I've read your posts and you are a savvy football guy, but, right now I see a big change in you ....

hogman78

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 26, 2016, 02:00:46 pm

...you are so so right, it's just a game to keep our wits sharp.....

Did you guys find a support group, it's the only way out of a true nightmare ..

He has finally accepted councilling from his daughters school and seems to be improving slowly. I am thankful he recognized he needs support. Neither one of us can afford to do much honestly.

hogman78

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 26, 2016, 02:06:40 pm

Hogman, I don't want to piss you off anymore than I already have, but I've read your posts and you are a savvy football guy, but, right now I see a big change in you ....

I'm not pissed at all really. I have learned not to get all up in arms about dumb crap. Doesn't hurt to talk/type though does it?

Sir Oinksalot

Ok, I was thinking VA but, the horror stories I've read there ....Couldn't he get on Medicaid...

Arkansas Rehab. will pay for his schooling if he wants to go to trade school or college....
They will pay all tuition and books ...

They pay tuition and books ...and other services as needed, for example, there is a huge disabilities counseling center ok n University Ave.

Main thing is for him to set a life goal and work towards it ...

rzrbkman

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 26, 2016, 01:21:50 pm
Missing Kirkland Hurts.

Each game seems to prove that more and more. Hopefully, this OL will get better each week.

hogman78

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 26, 2016, 02:13:22 pm

Ok, I was thinking VA but, the horror stories I've read there ....Couldn't he get on Medicaid...

He hasn't received any help outside free councilling from a small school

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: hogman78 on September 26, 2016, 02:16:44 pm
He hasn't received any help outside free councilling from a small school

Holy darn man ..!!

hogman78

Sir Oinksalot

Man, I know this is MMQB and we just met but I'd love to know him, and show him all his potential avenues .... looking forward is how to leave things behind, haha, you can trust SO on this.

If he wants, send me a pm...

Best

hogman78

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 26, 2016, 02:23:31 pm

Man, I know this is MMQB and we just met but I'd love to know him, and show him all his potential avenues .... looking forward is how to leave things behind, haha, you can trust SO on this.

Good luck getting him to feel that way

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 26, 2016, 10:50:14 am
I too have supported CBB all along and still do. However, I just cannot let him off the hook on the OL situation.
and you think he is letting himself off the hook.  I'm sure he is in his office right now kicking back perfectly satisfied with our play last Saturday.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: hogman78 on September 26, 2016, 02:25:31 pm
Good luck getting him to feel that way

If he wants direction, which he needs, send me a pm, His possibilities are endless ...

Sir Oinksalot

..there is a pretty good safety system in place already waiting...

hogman78

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on September 26, 2016, 02:27:27 pm
If he wants direction, which he needs, send me a pm, His possibilities are endless ...

Thanks SO. Sorry l called you a troll. Easy to get wound tight here.

Sir Oinksalot

Just don't call me late to dinner, ahaha ...

Seriously I could point out a few things ..

hogman78

holman24

Quote from: Dirty on September 26, 2016, 11:51:39 am
What did Bobby do here?  I remember those big wins against Alabama and all the titles. 

well lets see what he did he took us to our only bsc bowl in year three he had back to back double digit wins and all this was without his players as many on here are saying about bert.  so there is that or did u forget?

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogman78 on September 26, 2016, 02:30:27 pm
Thanks SO. Sorry l called you a troll. Easy to get wound tight here.

No dude, he's a troll.

gchamblee

Quote from: RebelW on September 26, 2016, 10:29:17 am
You can look back at all my recent posts, and you will find that I have been VERY pro-Bielema and giving him the time that he needs to get this program where it needs to be and the faith that he would do so. If we do not win 10 games this year, then I believe it's time to move on. His philosophy so far Defensively is getting us killed year after year. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm ready to get there instead of the ole "next year is our year" we need a big change. I can handle our offense to a degree. Pro or spread as long as we are explosive but the lac of tenacity on defense is sickening. Last year for CBB if he don't win 10 games. Please. I don't want to wait 20 years for another natty

gchamblee

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on September 26, 2016, 11:12:04 am
I don't even think a program like Arkansas should have a minimum number of wins each year for their HC to keep his job.

BUT, I do think it's perfectly reasonable to expect that by season 4 that we will no longer have to hear excuses about "well he lost this player, or he lost that player"

Especially when we are talking about a coach who is supposedly building a winning program .

I just looked in at 247 sports, and see that we don't have a single 4 star recruit committed in the 2017 class. THAT should get a coach on the hot seat, if not outright fired.

gchamblee

thefisher

Quote from: holman24 on September 26, 2016, 02:47:24 pm
well lets see what he did he took us to our only bsc bowl in year three he had back to back double digit wins and all this was without his players as many on here are saying about Bret.  so there is that or did u forget?

Hmm .... you also remember that although he was 11-2 his last year that the Hogs were 3rd place in the SEC West. That he never once had back to back bowl wins. CBB has. Do a little comparison in gpa averages then and now plus team arrest records and you will see why things are clearly on an upswing.

Geessh  ... and CBP didn't have to follow Smiley.  In fact CBP was 23-15 after 3 seasons at Arkansas. CBB was 18-20.  Let that sink in. All the adversity and the dumpster fire CBB came into and CBP still only got 5 wins more over 3 seasons. That is an average of only 1.6 more wins more per season with not anywhere near the same severity of challenges!

I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on September 26, 2016, 11:18:52 am
Ok, that's just strange. When I looked at earlier it showed all 3 star recruits, o 4 star.

DERPs on me I guess.

every post you make is a derp. the shocking part was when someone actually read your post as if it had a chance of being worthy of consideration.

PorkSoda

Quote from: thefisher on September 26, 2016, 03:17:33 pm
Hmm .... you also remember that although he was 11-2 his last year that the Hogs were 3rd place in the SEC West. That he never once had back to back bowl wins. CBB has. Do a little comparison in gpa averages then and now plus team arrest records and you will see why things are clearly on an upswing.

Geessh  ... and CBP didn't have to follow Smiley.  In fact CBP was 23-15 after 3 seasons at Arkansas. CBB was 18-20.  Let that sink in. All the adversity and the dumpster fire CBB came into and CBP still only got 5 wins more over 3 seasons. That is an average of only 1.6 more wins more per season with not anywhere near the same severity of challenges!

so BP averaged almost 2 more wins per season than BB.  that is the difference between a winning record and a losing record.  I like BB and I agree he has the program on an upswing, but that has nothing to do with the fact that BP also had the program on an upswing.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

gchamblee

Quote from: thefisher on September 26, 2016, 11:46:14 am
1. The Hogs are in the top 20
2. The Hogs have won 9 of their last 11 games
3. The Hogs have FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY won back to back bowl games (did win in 75/77 but had a year gap in between with no bowl appearance).
4. WAIT ... let that sink in. CBB is the first coach in Razorback history to win back to back bowl games!
Broyles, Holtz, Hatfield, Ford, Nutt, nor Petrino were ever able to pull that off.
5. The Hogs are 9-2 over the last 11 games.  After next week they will be 10-2 over the past 12 games.

Let that sink in.  The Hogs will be on a 10-2 roll with back to back bowl victories.

Honest to goodness ... you would want to fire a coach that is on a 10-2 winning roll with the first time ever in Razorback history back to back bowl wins!?!?!?!?   You just can't get more whacked out than that.

Factor in the additional truth of the incredible GPA performance improvement, families that are sending their kids to play for the Hogs now LOVE the staff, and that guys are not now getting kicked off the team for being criminals.  Yeah.

Catch a freegin clue!

If you can't see the clear and obvious progression then you are just willfully and purposefully blind.

You will be hard pressed to find any coaches who have numbers that compare to CBB's right now. Very, very few do in all of college football.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 26, 2016, 03:22:42 pm
so BP averaged almost 2 more wins per season than BB.  that is the difference between a winning record and a losing record.  I like BB and I agree he has the program on an upswing, but that has nothing to do with the fact that BP also had the program on an upswing.

2013 was going to be a disaster with or without BP.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

SemperFi

You can look back at all my recent posts, and you will find that I have been VERY pro-Bielema and giving him the time that he needs to get this program where it needs to be and the faith that he would do so. If we do not win 10 games this year, then I believe it's time to move on. His philosophy so far Defensively is getting us killed year after year. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm ready to get there instead of the ole "next year is our year" we need a big change. I can handle our offense to a degree. Pro or spread as long as we are explosive but the lac of tenacity on defense is sickening. Last year for CBB if he don't win 10 games. Please. I don't want to wait 20 years for another natty

I'm not going to slam you, because I understand your frustration. It's too soon for you to be jumping ship. The season is still young and there is a whole lot of football to be played. Life's too short to be sick and tired of being sick and tired. This was and is an 8 to 9 win team including the bowl. We lost way too many starters and difference makers from last season and it's showing, however consider the positives. Austin Allen is fun to watch. Raleigh Williams and Devah Whaley are going to be stars. Liddel and Greenlaw are home grown studs that we can all be proud of. Hang in there and enjoy what's coming.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Sir Oinksalot

Season four or season TENS --- tensheet, we have an AD that understands priorities,

Number UNO, the  #1 priority is COACHING STABILITY ......

Guess you Villians forgot about No. 1  ...

Sportster365

Quote from: thefisher on September 26, 2016, 11:46:14 am
1. The Hogs are in the top 20
2. The Hogs have won 9 of their last 11 games
3. The Hogs have FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY won back to back bowl games (did win in 75/77 but had a year gap in between with no bowl appearance).
4. WAIT ... let that sink in. CBB is the first coach in Razorback history to win back to back bowl games!
Broyles, Holtz, Hatfield, Ford, Nutt, nor Petrino were ever able to pull that off.
5. The Hogs are 9-2 over the last 11 games.  After next week they will be 10-2 over the past 12 games.

Let that sink in.  The Hogs will be on a 10-2 roll with back to back bowl victories.

Honest to goodness ... you would want to fire a coach that is on a 10-2 winning roll with the first time ever in Razorback history back to back bowl wins!?!?!?!?   You just can't get more whacked out than that.

Factor in the additional truth of the incredible GPA performance improvement, families that are sending their kids to play for the Hogs now LOVE the staff, and that guys are not now getting kicked off the team for being criminals.  Yeah.

Catch a freegin clue!

If you can't see the clear and obvious progression then you are just willfully and purposefully blind.

You will be hard pressed to find any coaches who have numbers that compare to CBB's right now. Very, very few do in all of college football.

Are you seriously making a big deal about back to back consolidation, everyone gets a trophy bowl wins? Battle of the six and sixers. You've put a positive spin on it and things definitely aren't all gloom and doom, but getting beat by 21 against a team that has now beaten us 5 times consecutively with 3-4 different QBs

gchamblee

Quote from: thefisher on September 26, 2016, 03:17:33 pm

They should be happy JL fired him since he was regressing. He went from the Sugar Bowl to the Cotton Bowl. He was going to do worse than that in 2012 too. Regression can not be rewarded with employment according to them.

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 26, 2016, 03:22:42 pm

No, he had the program on the downswing. We went from 10-2 and a BCS bowl, to 10-2 and the Cotton bowl. 2012 was going to be a lesser bowl than the Cotton. He was regressing and Jeff did exactly what you guys are claiming needs to be done to CBB, who is actually improving every year. I mean, if we want to throw logic out the window and pump sunshine for whichever coach we have hitched our lorry to, lets just be ridiculous about it.

Vantage 8 dude

Here's a simple suggestion: Since you're "tired of being sick and tired" how about not being so? I mean we ALL have control over our emotions, expectations, disappointments, attitudes, etc. Just learn to control what you CAN and let the rest of things go....influence what you can and don't sweat the things over which you can't. I can promise you WILL be much happier in the long run. Trust me, I had to learn the hard way many years ago; and it has worked for the best.