Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goal Line play calling

Started by HogShat, September 26, 2016, 07:48:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

porkbellys

line up in jumbo, then spread out to 3/4 wide shotgun. defense will call timeout, if not---- QB draw up the middle.

But then i am a telephone man, not an OC.
No offence to Richard but don't be a Dick.

goodguytex

Quote from: tbhogfan on September 26, 2016, 10:35:00 am
I was amazed that they didn't go with a wideoout or two just to make them respect the fact that we might do a play action pass, especially when it became clear that our line was getting manhandled.
I would have had the offense line up like I was going to do a designed handoff up the gut, then really sold it with a fake handoff, then have Austin scramble in the other direction outside the pocket with the option of Austin  either running it in if he could get blockers in position or having a receiver open in the back of the EZ for a short pass.

But selling the handoff is important in a play like that. Making the defense go in a completely different direction from the QB with that ball.

Paul Rhoades was talking about the defense not taking into account the extra gap that the Running QB presents. In a goaline situation, the OC for Arkansas also has that tool to use as well. Austin has proven to be pretty mobile. And has done plays like that to score this year. Gotta give your hot QB a chance to make a play for you. Either with his legs or his arm.

onebadrubi

Quote from: thefisher on September 28, 2016, 07:44:46 am
It is true that putting a few receivers out wide would have gotten some guys out of the box .... or left a receiver open for an easy score! 

However, if the Hogs had thrown it and anything at all bad happened (incomplete, interception) then everyone would have been screaming, "When you are on the 1 yard line then just run the ball!"

Enos did call the jet sweep with Hatcher ... and lost six yards and a turnover on downs.  Well ... at least it wasn't into the stacked box.

Many of the ones  complaining that we ran up the middle so many times are the same ones that were beechen that Chaney ran the jet sweep on the goal line or passed last year.  "When you are on the one yard line then line up and run the ball straight forward", they said. In fact several posters on here labeled that loss clearly on the fact that Chaney DID NOT line up and run it straight ahead play after play on the goal line!

Oh ... and calling that pass down inside the five yard line .... ask Pete Carrol how that worked out for them in the super bowl! Anyone remember that? It can be seen here. You will remember EVERY SINGLE announcer was screaming that they should have lined up and run it straight ahead for four plays if needed. Cost them a Super Bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7rPIg7ZNQ8

Bottom lines this ... if you score it was a great call to everyone no matter what it is.  If you don't win it was a stupid call no matter what it is.

That being said, I have less problem with the consecutive straight up running calls than I do the formations they were run out of. It was a clear that when it was 11 bodies on 11 bodies all stacked in the box A&M had the advantage.  To have split some receivers out or used wide sets a few times would have pulled bodies out of that box leaving gaps to run in or uncovered receivers for an easy score.  It seems to me it wasn't so much the calls that were the issue as the formations they were run from.

You intentionally left out of your Pete Carroll comparison that they have the best running back in the NFL to get 1-2 yards.

Your last paragraph is just reiterating what others have said. Play calling was t bad but the set it was ran out of of. At least get a a body out on a wr and a safety or on shading that direction to assist.

They will learn from it. If nothing else can be take. Away from the A&M game, take this away.  This staff showed last year they can make changes in the middle of the season and learn from their mistakes. They will do it again this season

goodguytex

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 28, 2016, 08:07:20 am
You intentionally left out of your Pete Carroll comparison that they have the best running back in the NFL to get 1-2 yards.

Your last paragraph is just reiterating what others have said. Play calling was t bad but the set it was ran out of of. At least get a a body out on a wr and a safety or on shading that direction to assist.

They will learn from it. If nothing else can be take. Away from the A&M game, take this away.  This staff showed last year they can make changes in the middle of the season and learn from their mistakes. They will do it again this season
One of the keys in a goaline play like that, especially if you know there may be a mismatch not in your favor, is to have a safety valve your QB can check off to in the form of either a QB run in the EZ or a dump off short pass in the EZ to a receiver or back. But you have to use some deception and misdirection there.

Youngsta71701

I'm gone go ahead and say what a lot of people are thinking but just haven't said yet. If Coach B would get his hand out of the cookie jar and let Coach Enos run that offense like he can we would put up 300 yards passing and 200 yards rushing in most games. The offense would be so unpredictable that the opposing defenses wouldn't have a clue what we're going to do. That would also help the goal line situation because we would have already proven that we will run or pass in any situation. Just mines and some others thoughts.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

factchecker

September 28, 2016, 10:24:13 am #55 Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 10:39:15 am by factchecker
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 28, 2016, 10:21:48 am
I'm gone go ahead and say what a lot of people are thinking but just haven't said yet. If Coach B would get his hand out of the cookie jar and let Coach Enos run that offense like he can we would put up 300 yards passing and 200 yards rushing in most games. The offense would be so unpredictable that the opposing defenses wouldn't have a clue what we're going to do. That would also help the goal line situation because we would have already proven that we will run or pass in any situation. Just mines and some others I've talked to thoughts.

Was the hand in the cookie jar when we drove down the field and scored in an awesome end of the game drive vs. TCU?

Was the hand in the cookie jar when we ran that beautiful 2 point conversion pass from Keon to Austin?

So basically, if we win than it was Enos.

If we lose then it was Bielema.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: 26.2Hog on September 26, 2016, 10:04:33 am
Unless you have Bill Burnett to jump over the pile.  And we don't.

I miss Bill Burnett for this  goal line situation.
I asked this same question.  Don't we have anybody that can leap and reach out anymore?  I refuse to believe that in 2016 we don't have an athlete that leap over the line.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: factchecker on September 28, 2016, 10:24:13 am
Was the hand in the cookie jar when we drove down the field and scored in an awesome end of the game drive vs. TCU?

Was the hand in the cookie jar when we ran that beautiful 2 point conversion pass from Keon to Austin?

So basically, if we win than it was Enos.

If we lose then it was Bielema.
Nope, so your telling me that Coach B didn't have any say on those goal line calls? Basically he needs to let Enos do his job. Nothing wrong with him having input or suggesting something from time to time because he is the head coach but at the same time you have to trust the people you hire to do their job and to do it well. If not why did you hire them to be an errand boy? Now I do agree that Willliams didn't follow his fullback on one play and might have scored and Hatcher should have cut it up on his jet sweep but you can tell the Beilema mentality from the Enos mentality. That's what I'm saying. Enos is a more wide open play caller out of the pro-style offense than Coach B.

factchecker

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 28, 2016, 10:54:24 am
Nope, so your telling me that Coach B didn't have any say on those goal line calls? Basically he needs to let Enos do his job. Nothing wrong with him having input or suggesting something from time to time because he is the head coach but at the same time you have to trust the people you hire to do their job and to do it well. If not why did you hire them to be an errand boy?

Bielema doesn't call the plays. He will give them a heads up on situations.... if they will go for two or if they need to milk the clock etc.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 28, 2016, 10:54:24 am
Nope, so your telling me that Coach B didn't have any say on those goal line calls? Basically he needs to let Enos do his job. Nothing wrong with him having input or suggesting something from time to time because he is the head coach but at the same time you have to trust the people you hire to do their job and to do it well. If not why did you hire them to be an errand boy? Now I do agree that Willliams didn't follow his fullback on one play and might have scored and Hatcher should have cut it up on his jet sweep but you can tell the Beilema mentality from the Enos mentality. That's what I'm saying. ?Enos is a more wide open play caller out of the pro-style offense than Coach B.

So you are saying that he gave Enos free reign vs. TCU but held him back vs. AnM?

Also, Bielema doesn't have an offensive mentality.  He's never coached offense.  He played defensive line.  Coached linebackers and was a defensive coordiantor before becoming a head coach.  His philosophy towards offense is to eat up the clock and control the game.  Last year proved that he doesn't care if we run or pass to win. 

In fact, I remember people being pissed about Enos early in the season because we passed the ball too much and abandoned the run.  Was the hand in the cookie jar then?

My whole point is that you can't give Enos credit for a good offense then turn around and blame Bielema for offensive stuggles.  Ultimately it all falls on Bielema because he is the head coach but I don't believe Bielema is "calling that play Chuck."
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Youngsta71701

Quote from: factchecker on September 28, 2016, 10:58:12 am
So you are saying that he gave Enos free reign vs. TCU but held him back vs. AnM?
Nope, but I'm sure he whispered something his ear on those goal line situations against A&M. I'm talking about goal line plays only. How many goal line plays from the 2 did we have against TCU? Not to mention, how many times did we pass the ball on 1st down against A&M to keep them honest? You don't Bret had something to do with that?

DiamondHogFan

We just need to get in the endzone on the long gains instead of getting tackled at the 2yd line every time.  If you aren't getting in the endzone on the long run, just stop at the 7-8yd line to give us a chance to score.  If we get any closer than that the whole offense just gets into a large mass of human bodies and moves nowhere.

factchecker

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 28, 2016, 11:06:51 am
Nope, but I'm sure he whispered something his ear on those goal line situations against A&M. I'm talking about goal line plays only. How many goal line plays from the 2 did we have against TCU? Not to mention, how many times did we pass the ball on 1st down against A&M to keep them honest? You don't Bret had something to do with that?

Hmmm..... I remember one really big one:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: factchecker on September 28, 2016, 11:09:29 am
Hmmm..... I remember one really big one:

That was from the 5, not the 2.  I would say we are a much better offense from the 5yd line, than we are from the 2yd line.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Youngsta71701

Quote from: factchecker on September 28, 2016, 10:58:12 am

Also, Bielema doesn't have an offensive mentality.  He's never coached offense.  He played defensive line.  Coached linebackers and was a defensive coordiantor before becoming a head coach.  His philosophy towards offense is to eat up the clock and control the game. Last year proved that he doesn't care if we run or pass to win. 

In fact, I remember people being pissed about Enos early in the season because we passed the ball too much and abandoned the run.  Was the hand in the cookie jar then?

My whole point is that you can't give Enos credit for a good offense then turn around and blame Bielema for offensive stuggles.  Ultimately it all falls on Bielema because he is the head coach but I don't believe Bielema is "calling that play Chuck."
LOL, good one Chuck. I see what you did there. But you just made my point for me. That's why Enos needs to be free to run a wide open pro-style offense. And you don't think they trusted BA more last year with all those starts he had compared to a first year starter in AA this year? Now I'm sure that will change now that AA has proven that he can be trusted. Watch how wide open the offense will be from now on. Me personally I didn't have a problem with running the ball up the middle on the 2 yard line I just had a problem with doing with all 11 defenders in the box. If that's what your going to do then motion some people out or spread the field to free up the box a little bit more.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: factchecker on September 28, 2016, 11:14:35 am
If Sprinkle stops penetration then maybe Keon is able to get in the endzone here:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/03C67293BB1391960803497873408_5d6b55cc6fb.35.1.7E514DE2-8054-445F-970B-463560FC4ED9.mp4?versionId=JjNjusxBYFg1Hvfcrqjzs2TNvJzitkyY
I agree, he cuts behind Skipper and is in easy.  Which he probably still could have done even with the penetration.  He had no chance to the outside.

Sprinkle's alignment was too far out to have any chance of blocking that guy.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on September 28, 2016, 11:13:50 am
That was from the 5, not the 2.  I would say we are a much better offense from the 5yd line, than we are from the 2yd line.
Come on man, you just took my thunder. lol

factchecker

Here is one closer to the arbitrary 2 yard line:

I guess Enos put a lock on his cookie jar for that one play.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

RWIII follows his blockers a lil better and he hits pay dirt:

EDIT:  It's a still picture so you can see the gap.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: factchecker on September 28, 2016, 11:17:42 am
Here is one closer to the arbitrary 2 yard line:

I guess Enos put a lock on his cookie jar for that one play.
I want to see the misdirection toss back to the RB.  The play that Alex ran so well last year.  It is perfect for short yardage situations.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: factchecker on September 28, 2016, 11:19:01 am
RWIII follows his blockers a lil better and he hits pay dirt:

EDIT:  It's a still picture so you can see the gap.
I see Skipper already beat and RWIII just got the ball.  I bet that gap closed quickly.

factchecker

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on September 28, 2016, 11:19:31 am
I want to see the misdirection toss back to the RB.  The play that Alex ran so well last year.  It is perfect for short yardage situations.

I agree.  The misdirection toss is a great play.  We got a huge chunk of yards to ice the game vs. Tennessee with that play.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Youngsta71701

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: factchecker on September 28, 2016, 11:21:42 am
I agree.  The misdirection toss is a great play.  We got a huge chunk of yards to ice the game vs. Tennessee with that play.
You can actually see it in that end around to Keon.  Now the defender stayed home pretty well, but you give me that with RWIII or Whaley and try to beat the guy to the corner I bet it works more times than not.

factchecker

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on September 28, 2016, 11:21:07 am
I see Skipper already beat and RWIII just got the ball.  I bet that gap closed quickly.

Problem was that he bounced into the defense.  Skipper had Garrett running the loop.  RWIII should have hit that gap hard.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 28, 2016, 11:22:06 am
That was an impossible block for Sprinkle to make. Why not just have Skipper block that guy?

Pin and pull technique.  It really isn't a hard block for Sprinkle.  All he had to do is scoop block.  Essentially take a flat step down the line and put his helmet on the inside knee of the defender.  Throw is body in the way.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: factchecker on September 28, 2016, 11:24:08 am
Problem was that he bounced into the defense.  Skipper had Garrett running the loop.  RWIII should have hit that gap hard.
I agree, the play design was perfect.  RWIII will get better.  We have been spoiled with AC the last 3 years.  He scores easily on that play.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on September 28, 2016, 11:21:07 am
He should have followed the play design and followed his fullback #34 Jackson on that play instead of trying to bounce it outside. That's the good ole HB slam play. Works almost every time if blocked up correctly and the RB makes the correct read.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: factchecker on September 28, 2016, 11:25:24 am
Pin and pull technique.  It really isn't a hard block for Sprinkle.  All he had to do is scoop block.  Essentially take a flat step down the line and put his helmet on the inside knee of the defender.  Throw is body in the way.
You have to admit. That defender did get a pretty good jump.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 28, 2016, 11:26:28 am
He should have followed the play design and followed his fullback #34 Jackson on that play instead of trying to bounce it outside. That's the good ole HB slam play. Works almost every time if blocked up correctly and the RB makes the correct read.
I'm not disagreeing with you.  I agree he made the wrong cut, just would like to see more of the play to see how long the hole was there.

Also, I take it back.  Skipper blocked down, that was Froholdt pulling out.  RWIII should have known where that defender was going to be pushed.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on September 28, 2016, 11:25:40 am
I agree, the play design was perfect.  RWIII will get better.  We have been spoiled with AC the last 3 years.  He scores easily on that play.
+1, we have been spoiled with J-Will and AC that's for sure. But I also like Rawleigh's potential and he's already a pretty good back in my opinion. That's scary!

B501

Need a 250 lb Kody Walker to punch it in on the goal line  ::hornsdown::

Youngsta71701

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on September 28, 2016, 11:29:09 am
I'm not disagreeing with you.  I agree he made the wrong cut, just would like to see more of the play to see how long the hole was there.

Also, I take it back.  Skipper blocked down, that was Froholdt pulling out.  RWIII should have known where that defender was going to be pushed.
The hole wasn't open for long but I think Rawleigh could have hit it with his quickness and power.

factchecker

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 28, 2016, 11:27:55 am
You got to admit. That defender did get a pretty good jump.

Without a doubt.  Sprinkle is a good blocker but he has his faults just like everyone else.  Another example would be on the sack/fumble.  He didn't give hardly any chip to help out Wallace. When you have a defensive end in a 9 technique the tight end needs to chip to prevent a straight speed rush off the edge. I understand that in a perfect scenario Wallace can handle the end by himself but we aren't perfect. 

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/9E1FB298851391961279333396480_559cff42689.35.1.B5244CCF-F56E-44F6-82DA-F6F0C78E40AC.mp4?versionId=wYs0yFthd96H0i_FkGT31Y8NhnEVuIGC
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Youngsta71701

Quote from: factchecker on September 28, 2016, 11:32:56 am
Without a doubt.  Sprinkle is a good blocker but he has his faults just like everyone else.  Another example would be on the sack/fumble.  He didn't give hardly any chip to help out Wallace. When you have a defensive end in a 9 technique the tight end needs to chip to prevent a straight speed rush off the edge. I understand that in a perfect scenario Wallace can handle the end by himself but we aren't perfect. 

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/9E1FB298851391961279333396480_559cff42689.35.1.B5244CCF-F56E-44F6-82DA-F6F0C78E40AC.mp4?versionId=wYs0yFthd96H0i_FkGT31Y8NhnEVuIGC
Oh yeah, looks like he was too anxious to get into his route. Hall is way to quick and fast to get a free run at the QB.

factchecker

Here is a good play that demonstrates some good blocking and innovative personnel grouping:

Keon at fullback gets the pancake.

Austin Cantrell gets a hellacious crack block.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/03FD05446D1391957798413598720_58081ff2a6e.35.1.44E85FFD-1E45-4544-A99C-2B4CDFAD42AE.mp4?versionId=L9N5PWSDTQwA8d7BwpJf6HfL9GyaRR.k
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

All of these vids were posted by Trent Shadid.  He works for Arkansas' seccountry website.  He does a good job capturing and analyzing plays.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-texas-am-film-session-hogs-run-defense-uncharacteristically-poor-in-loss-to-aggies
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: factchecker on September 28, 2016, 11:37:59 am
Here is a good play that demonstrates some good blocking and innovative personnel grouping:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/03FD05446D1391957798413598720_58081ff2a6e.35.1.44E85FFD-1E45-4544-A99C-2B4CDFAD42AE.mp4?versionId=L9N5PWSDTQwA8d7BwpJf6HfL9GyaRR.k
I know we could pick apart every play by doing this, but again if Frank doesn't have to go around penetration on his pull he may be able to get out a litter farther on his lead block and RWIII is off to the races.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: factchecker on September 28, 2016, 11:37:59 am

Yeah that block from Cantrell was mean!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on September 28, 2016, 11:42:00 am
I know we could pick apart every play by doing this, but again if Frank doesn't have to go around penetration on his pull he may be able to get out a litter farther on his lead block and RWIII is off to the races.
Did you notice who Sprinkle was blocking on that play. That's a mismatch if I've ever seen one. lol

factchecker

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 28, 2016, 11:44:06 am
Did you notice who Sprinkle was blocking on that play. That's a mismatch if I've ever seen one. lol

He actually did a good job considering who he was blocking.

The problem we have is this:  Sprinkle is our best tight end, hands down.  He's not the greatest blocker but he does a good enough job and overcompensates with his pass catching/athleticism.  If we sub in a better blocker (if there is one) this will alert the defense to a run only set.  We have to keep Sprinkle in because it allows us to run play action pass and keep the defense honest.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GuvHog

Quote from: WMHawgfan on September 26, 2016, 10:23:31 am
Play calling is irrelevant if you don't get the front blocked. I don't know if it would have been any more successful if we spread it out but it certainly wouldn't have been any less successful.

I disagree. Go back and look at the 2 point conversion to win against Ole Miss last year. The Hogs went to a 3 wide spread forcing the Rebels to cover the wide receivers leaving fewer people in the box and Brandon ran the ball in.
Against TCU this year, they did the same thing for the winning TD in overtime and Austin Allen ran it in.

If it's proven to work why do something totally different against A&M?? That made no sense whatsoever.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HogShat

JayBell

September 28, 2016, 01:30:48 pm #94 Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:05:02 pm by JayBell
Someone said the 45-24 scoreline showed more than just Arkansas choking, but I disagree.  Arkansas just choked earlier and more often than usual against Texas A&M (and Mississippi State).  They're usually the better team for at least the first three quarters and then they choke in the fourth.

I don't know why those two particular teams have been such buggaboos for Bielema, but Saturday was no different.  Between Rawleigh's fumble and both Sprinkle and Cornelius getting inside the 5-yard line, Arkansas should have had a multi-touchdown lead throughout the game, even with Knight strolling past the defense.

Enos is such a better coach than Chaney.  That's not even up for debate.  But if there is any area in which Chaney was better, it was short-yardage playcalling.  A lingering problem for Arkansas, even with "the biggest offensive line in football," has been converting short yardage situations.  Chaney was far more creative in his playcalling inside the 5-yard line.

Rawleigh and Hatcher failed to convert on Enos' two best playcalls near the end zone, but it shouldn't have been that hard in the first place, IMO.

Youngsta71701

September 28, 2016, 01:39:27 pm #95 Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:57:44 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: HogShat on September 28, 2016, 01:22:10 pm

I'm sure Keon has seen this play and Rawleigh has seen his play countless times in film study. They will learn from this and be better. Rawleigh just has to show some patience and follow the play design and his FB. I believe they'll be fine from now on.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 28, 2016, 01:39:27 pm
I'm sure Keon has seen this play and Rawleigh has seen his play countless times in film study. They will learn from this be better. Rawleigh just has to show some patience and follow the play design and his FB. I believe they'll be fine from now on.

Yes, that was one in particular to which I was referring. It's inexplicable.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

This is true.
[CENSORED]!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hogarusa on September 26, 2016, 10:12:37 am
You really shouldnt have to be too crazy creative to go 1 yard. Its your guys vs their guys.  Best man wins.  It drives me nuts in the NFL (for fantasy purposes) when my RB gets stuffed on 1st down inside the 1 and then they pass it on 2nd and 3rd down.  I like to see the big uglies do battle 4 times.  Maybe we need someone that can jump over the line

Oh no you don't!  Cleats on the ground mister or it's not real football.  Can't have no razzle dazzle.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 28, 2016, 07:46:18 am
It isn't just us. A&M's defense has improved drastically. Coming into our game, through the 3 previous games, A&M's defense had given up just 3 rushing TD's, 0 Pass TD's and 4 FG's in the RZ on 11 RZ attempts (3.7 per game average).

We took that to 4 rushing TD's, 2 passing TD's and 5 FG's in the RZ pushing the RZ attempts to 18.

Now obviously we had 7 opportunities in the RZ and only converted on 4 and really, it should have been 7 of 7, at least 6 of 7. If there is any bright spot it is that no one had scored on them through the air in the RZ yet, and we did it twice. Additionally, they hadn't faced a team who pushed the ball into their RZ so much in a single game. We probably should have tried to pass a few more times instead of trying to bull our way in against a stacked defense to prevent the run.

It isn't all bad.
Go Hogs Go!