Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

0-5 vs Texas A&M

Started by Foozzball, September 25, 2016, 11:34:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Foozzball on September 25, 2016, 11:58:43 pm
Work ethic.  You see it in Sabans teams regardless of so called talent.  You see it in Sumlins offense and you see it in Chavis's Defense.  I do not see it in our defense or our offensive line.  At the end of the day, you've got to want it worse than the other guy and scratch and claw to get it.  Saban demands it from his coaching staff and players, thats why they are so good.  They dot ever i and cross every t and then they do it again just to make sure it gets done.  They strive to be perfect in every aspect of the game.  Although perfection is not a reality or attainable, those who seek after it are usually the best at what they do.
Where have you been all our lives?! ??? ::) I'm sure now that you're able to point out EXACTLY what's been the problem(s) and issue(s) with the Hogs the coaches are so darn relieved. I'm sure we all hope and pray that you don't withhold your mastery of football strategy and preparation from CBB and staff any longer. It would be a tragic shame for all of us if we were all deprived of your skills.  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 26, 2016, 02:12:36 pm
Yep Dak owned us.
Well hate to tell ya' but he pretty much owned a LOT of folks. Don't think pretty much everyone (of course with the exception of MSU) in the conference wasn't celebrating after he finally left .

Redhogs

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 26, 2016, 03:48:02 pm
And...... what has A&M accomplished in the SECW since they joined the SEC?  3rd place is I believe the highest they've achieved in the SECW in their 5 years...    Arkansas, on the other hand, went to the SEC conference championship in year 4 of their tenure, and again 3 more times between then and year 10............
They sure know how to beat our a$$ now though don't they....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Michael_E_Davis

2-0 vs LSU.  2-0 Vs Ole Miss.  See?  Anyone can play.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Squinky The Curse

Quote from: sowmonella on September 26, 2016, 03:06:01 pm
Um, I think we lost last year but your point is well taken. We will beat them bad this year.

The "we" I'm referring to is Texas A&M.

Piggfoot

We may be having a repeat of '70s Texas football. Following Royal, Texas had a down trend similar to now. A&M and SMU started winning by cheating. SMU got slammed. But A&M only mildly punished but it set their program back. I wonder if we have the same thing happening now but with Baylor and A&M.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Redhogs on September 26, 2016, 05:39:23 pm
They sure know how to beat our a$$ now though don't they....
I wouldn't lose sleep.... they will go back into their historical position of bending over and taking it from us repeatedly again.. (you do realize we do hold, historically, a significant win advantage over them?)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Sulla

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 27, 2016, 08:37:56 am
I wouldn't lose sleep.... they will go back into their historical position of bending over and taking it from us repeatedly again.. (you do realize we do hold, historically, a significant win advantage over them?)

Arkansas and A&M have played 73 times.

Arkansas has a 12 game advantage over that span, 41-29-3, which means Arkansas has won 56% of the games against the Aggies.

Unfortunately for us, from the 1958 season to the 1970 season, we beat Arkansas only once, so you can find the 12 game advantage within that 13 season stretch.

It's certainly a respectable advantage, and I suppose you can call it "significant."  But it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that A&M can bring that record a lot closer to even over the next 10-20 years. 

Of course, it's also possible Arkansas might widen the gap quite a bit over that time.  Nobody knows and it's part of what makes this sport so much fun.

Foozzball

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 26, 2016, 03:58:19 pm
Where have you been all our lives?! ??? ::) I'm sure now that you're able to point out EXACTLY what's been the problem(s) and issue(s) with the Hogs the coaches are so darn relieved. I'm sure we all hope and pray that you don't withhold your mastery of football strategy and preparation from CBB and staff any longer. It would be a tragic shame for all of us if we were all deprived of your skills.  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

I agree.  And it does make you sick doesnt it  that I may not be given the chance.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 26, 2016, 03:41:25 pm
It's a good point... last year we went this route, but there seems to be an unwillingness to put that much of the outcome on AA.

Hopefully that will change against Bama.

Last year we hadn't quite gone this route yet. Took until the second half of the season.  May yet still happen.

DeltaBoy

I am moving on till we play them again.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Silver Hog

Bobby beat them in a bowl last year.  Just Sayin'

NuttinItUp

I am beginning to hate Texas A&M as much as I used to hate Texas...

No lie..

grayhawg

A&M has been on probation more than once and will be again , they are one of the 15 most unethical programs in the NCAA along with some other teams we face.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/15-unethical-college-football-programs

Piggie Smalls

We just have to tip our helmets and call the Aggies our daddy

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Foozzball on September 25, 2016, 11:41:44 pm
About football.  You got anything to add that pertains to football?

You didn't add anything that 99.999999% of people already didn't know.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi