Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

0-5 vs Texas A&M

Started by Foozzball, September 25, 2016, 11:34:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Foozzball

Thats just not acceptable against a team on the same level as you.  Bama has beaten us 9 straight years.  Are we going for 0-9 against the Aggies?  Cause if we are, our football program has sunk to new lows over the past 25 years!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Oh, look. You started another thread.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Piggie Does Dallas

I feel sorry for your husband.

Foozzball

Quote from: The Chief on September 25, 2016, 11:35:15 pm
Oh, look. You started another thread.

About football.  You got anything to add that pertains to football?

Foozzball

Quote from: Piggie Does Dallas on September 25, 2016, 11:41:25 pm
I feel sorry for your husband.

You got anything to add that pertains to football?

onebadrubi

What do you recommend that we do to change this?

Piggie Does Dallas

I do. It's a long season. This team has grit. We have a warrior at QB. Don't be so dramatic.

wildhogman

I always wondered what happened to the heckling fan from the movie Major league 2. Ya remember him? Chanted, mild thing, blah blah choke thing.  End of movie when he is going off about rolling out the tarp and bull dozing the stadium and turning it into a parking lot?  Well now I know exactly where he went,, he is here!!! under the name Foozzball

Foozzball

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 25, 2016, 11:46:41 pm
What do you recommend that we do to change this?

Work ethic.  You see it in Sabans teams regardless of so called talent.  You see it in Sumlins offense and you see it in Chavis's Defense.  I do not see it in our defense or our offensive line.  At the end of the day, you've got to want it worse than the other guy and scratch and claw to get it.  Saban demands it from his coaching staff and players, thats why they are so good.  They dot ever i and cross every t and then they do it again just to make sure it gets done.  They strive to be perfect in every aspect of the game.  Although perfection is not a reality or attainable, those who seek after it are usually the best at what they do.

Piggie Does Dallas

Quote from: Foozzball on September 25, 2016, 11:58:43 pm
Work ethic.  You see it in Sabans teams regardless of so called talent.  You see it in Sumlins offense and you see it in Chavis's Defense.  I do not see it in our defense or our offensive line.  At the end of the day, you've got to want it worse than the other guy and scratch and claw to get it.  Saban demands it from his coaching staff and players, thats why they are so good.  They dot ever i and cross every t and then they do it again just to make sure it gets done.  They strive to be perfect in every aspect of the game.  Although perfection is not a reality or attainable, those who seek after it are usually the best at what they do.

Apples and Oranges. Nobody compares to Alabama. I don't think the defense is that far off... The biggest problem has been getting out of position. Overall, this team has takled well this year in my opinion, and the corners have taken a step forward. To say they aren't working as hard or don't want it as much is a big slap in the face to these kids who live and breathe Arkansas football.

gchamblee

BigSexyHog

I see a lot of hog fans making excuses.   It's what they do best.  Yes 0-5 against A&M is a unacceptable just like losing to that spare arse Mississippi State team is unacceptable.   Not sure why hog fans love to make excuses except for the fact they don't know football.  We had chances to beat the Gaggies the past few years just haven't got it done.  It's also not for a lack of effort but losing to them the past 5 years like we have is unacceptable.  Keep making excuses all you want but there will be no more excuses here.  Do or do not from here on out.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Foozzball on September 25, 2016, 11:34:00 pm
Thats just not acceptable against a team on the same level as you.  Bama has beaten us 9 straight years.  Are we going for 0-9 against the Aggies?  Cause if we are, our football program has sunk to new lows over the past 25 years!
I could have sworn we have played am more then 5 times...
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Squinky The Curse

Just curious, but why do you think Arkansas is on the same level as A&M? If you look at program resources, recruiting footprint, facilities, etc, I don't think anyone would argue that Arkansas is equal to A&M, so right there, you're starting at a disadvantage.

Add in the fact that A&M has easily had a definite talent advantage at least 3 of the last 5 years (you could argue all 5, but I'll just go with the obvious 3), and why do you expect Arkansas to be able to beat a team they are undermanned against?

Squinky The Curse

Sorry, but the biggest thing I see when I look at Alabama (certainly) and A&M compared to Arkansas is those are two teams that have superior talent at multiple positions all over the field. Having a strong work ethic is great, but that is an empty platitude when you're facing teams that work just as hard as you do, and are already starting out ahead of you because they are simply better than you.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 26, 2016, 12:33:17 am
I could have sworn we have played am more then 5 times...

Nope, just 5 duh.

Lanny

Don't forget the streak MSU has
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Medic821

JaketheSnake

Hahahahahah!  You have clearly never played a down of football in your life that meant anything. 

RazorPiggie

Same level? Talent level isn't even close. Their recruiting ranking is about 12 over the last 5 years. Whereas our is about 25. We've had a chance to beat them over the last 3 years. We've just shot ourselves in the foot in the 4th quarter.

Etowah

I don't think we are on the same level as A and M.

A and M is the classic underachiever...so yes, their record is on the same level as ours...because they will lose to other teams they  should beat.

You have a point in that we...based on how A and M plays each season after they play us....we should at least win one every once in awhile.

010HogFan

I don't know why this guy is allowed to start threads or post here. What a drama queen.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 26, 2016, 08:37:30 am
I don't know why this guy is allowed to start threads or post here. What a drama queen.

There needs to be a minimum post count required in order to start a thread. Like 250 or 500.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 26, 2016, 08:49:29 am
There needs to be a minimum post count required in order to start a thread. Like 250 or 500.

Absolutely. That is why this board gets overrun by the same idiots that were banned the previous season.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

popcornhog

It is horrible. We've also won 9 of the last 11 overall and have shown improvement over BB's tenure.

Depending on where you focus, you can paint a negative, neutral, or positive picture of where we are today. I'm still undecided about whether Bielema can get it done.

But the thing that drives me nuts are the hard core homers and hard core haters. Get over yourself. Maybe Bielema will work out and maybe he won't, no need to be such a negative d bag all the time while he continues to build. You'll be proven right or wrong and the sun will continue to rise in the east.

WPS

phadedhawg

I'm pretty sure our coaches and players tried to win all of these games.  If you have evidence to the contrary please let us know.

Me Like Hogs

Work ethic has nothing to do with the losses. Some guy named Drew Morgan would like to speak to you about work ethic or as you say lack thereof.

BorderPatrol

Why are yall giving this troll the time of day?

bp

DeltaBoy

We are suffering some growing pains in the SEC  We had a Nut, A woman chaser , a Smile and now a real coach and Rome was not built in a day. As long as we are moving forward I am happy.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OldArmy94

It's the way football goes, bro, but don't expect that you can trample the Aggies year-in and year-out. The Hogs will win some against A&M in the future, but we aren't ever going to be a doormat football team like in the old SWC days (pre-1984).

DeltaBoy

Quote from: OldArmy94 on September 26, 2016, 01:05:25 pm
It's the way football goes, bro, but don't expect that you can trample the Aggies year-in and year-out. The Hogs will win some against A&M in the future, but we aren't ever going to be a doormat football team like in the old SWC days (pre-1984).

How soon do you guys forget your were crying for Fritz Shermans head after he had all those great recruiting classes and he lost 3 in a row to the Hogs in Jerry World.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

GoHogzzGo

:puke:

Not too worked up, but gosh I hate TAMU now more then ever.

We finish 8+ wins and I'm ok, fine, whatever. We finish 9+ and I'm very happy. Not getting too worked up over one game.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

The_Iceman

In what world is the Arkansas on the same level as the  current a&m progam?

Recruiting? Facilities? National popularity?

HawgTrough

they outscored us everytime.
WPS

phadedhawg

I'm certainly feeling the sting of the string of losses so I don't fault our OP for being a bit worked up about the matter. 

But when you come in from the ledge you will realize there were more reasons we'd lose that game than we'd win it.  Gotta give AtM some credit.  They've recruited well.  That defense is second to none right now.  They were stronger and faster than us in every facet of the game. 

We made mistakes that hurt.  Those can be fixed.  I think this team can go 9-3.  We are getting better but Saturday night it was easy to lose sight of that fact.

(notOM)Rebel123

Thats just not acceptable "unaccessible" against a team on the same level as you.  Bama has beaten us 9 straight years.  Are we going for 0-9 against the Aggies?  Cause if we are, our football program has sunk to new lows over the past 25 years!

FIFY.....to quote Eddie from Clarksville, sir.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

gchamblee

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 26, 2016, 08:37:30 am

he drives traffic/clicks. clicks drive eyeballs on advertising. eyeballs on advertising generates revenue. revenue pays for the site to stay up. if there was a paid version of hogville where posters like fooz were denied access, i would subscribe.

Sportster365

Quote from: Lanny on September 26, 2016, 07:49:57 am
Don't forget the streak MSU has

Ouch! Never really thought about that. So many close game against them and A&M. Losing so many close ones like this shows we have the talent to compete to some degree and falls on the lap of the coaching to some degree imo.

DeltaBoy

Razorbackers

Quote from: Foozzball on September 25, 2016, 11:41:44 pm
About football.  You got anything to add that pertains to football?

Do you?

Squinky The Curse

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 26, 2016, 02:12:36 pm
Yep Dak owned us.

Ain't no shame in that, Dak was and is really damn good.

I was thrilled we were able to get a win against a ranked MSU team last season. Dak didn't have talent around him like he did in 2014, but he was simply a franchise player.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 26, 2016, 02:12:36 pm
Yep Dak owned us.

Good enough to play in the NFL so not too much shame in that.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Foozzball on September 25, 2016, 11:42:44 pm
You got anything to add that pertains to football?

Do you have anything to add to Hogville?

Sometimes the stones are so large they don't SKIP, but sink.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

sowmonella

Quote from: Squinky The Curse on September 26, 2016, 02:28:53 pm
Ain't no shame in that, Dak was and is really damn good.

I was thrilled we were able to get a win against a ranked MSU team last season. Dak didn't have talent around him like he did in 2014, but he was simply a franchise player.

Um, I think we lost last year but your point is well taken. We will beat them bad this year.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

OutlawHawg

Bret may have a .500 record here at Arkansas but our team GPA is good.

daprospecta

Losing to A&M isn't the thing I'm worried about.  The thing that worries me is our coaching staff's inability to change to our strengths.  We don't have the O-line this year to run the ball like we have in the past but we have a hell of a receiving corp.  Let's go shotgun/3 WR 1TE sets and air it out. I have full confidence in AA to make good decisions with the ball. 

WMHawgfan

Quote from: OutlawHawg on September 26, 2016, 03:11:02 pm
Bret may have a .500 record here at Arkansas but our team GPA is good.
Doubt you will get much support on your sarcastic remark about an attribute of our team that we should be proud of regardless of the results on the field. There is no denying the improvement in the classroom and the reduction in off the field incidents since CBB came here.

WMHawgfan

Quote from: daprospecta on September 26, 2016, 03:19:54 pm
Losing to A&M isn't the thing I'm worried about.  The thing that worries me is our coaching staff's inability to change to our strengths.  We don't have the O-line this year to run the ball like we have in the past but we have a hell of a receiving corp.  Let's go shotgun/3 WR 1TE sets and air it out. I have full confidence in AA to make good decisions with the ball. 
True but if I recall correctly the line struggled greatly at the start of the year last year too. Eventually they got it and started rolling. I am hoping for the same this year.

DLUXHOG

And...... what has A&M accomplished in the SECW since they joined the SEC?  3rd place is I believe the highest they've achieved in the SECW in their 5 years...    Arkansas, on the other hand, went to the SEC conference championship in year 4 of their tenure, and again 3 more times between then and year 10............
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Vantage 8 dude

Oh, golly gee.....just what we needed yet ANOTHER rant about how we're now 0-5 since TA+M entered the conference, as well as an additional reminder that we haven't beaten 'Bama under Saban. While we may have gotten tired of both, I remind you that a TON of teams in the SEC haven't been able to beat a Saban-led Tide team; if they have, it's been pretty rare with the exception of OM which managed to do it twice in a row. In fact, there's more than a little speculation that a MAJOR reason behind Miles' being canned by LSU was the fact they're tired of losing to Saban.

As far as our possibly going 0-9 against the Aggies, we'll just have to see. We at least have another four years to try to rectify the situation. And while I obviously can't guarantee anything, I have to believe we will get this string ended soon enough. In the meantime please go soak your fevered brow and try to absorb some intelligence as a result.