Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I still say we are a 9-3 team

Started by RyeHogFan, September 25, 2016, 12:31:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RyeHogFan

I'll admit that I was upset with the stupid costly mistakes and penalties and with our inability to do anything in the red zone. We left so many points on the field and gifted A&M with some of theirs. While I think that A&M was also the better team, it pains me to think of how different that game would have turned out if we played a clean game and converted our goal line opportunities. Nevertheless, the play of Allen gives me hope that we can still have a good season and even improve upon last year's record. I believe we'll most likely lose to Alabama and Ole Miss, but I really think we're better than everyone else on our schedule. Maybe I'm just optimistic, but this is how I see it, so I'm not gonna allow one game to make me throw the season in the tank.

InHOGuration Ball

I don't know, it could happen.  A little closer to reality possibility is that we don't win our first conference game until Florida.  Bama and Ole Miss will be tough for us because they have QBs who are pretty good runners and passers.   Going to Auburn won't be easy as they played A&M better than we did.   Gus is desperate and their gimmick plays and multiple QBs may keep this defense confused and vulnerable.

Things have to improve for us to get 4 or 5 conference wins. 

GuvHog

Quote from: RyeHogFan on September 25, 2016, 12:31:36 pm
I'll admit that I was upset with the stupid costly mistakes and penalties and with our inability to do anything in the red zone. We left so many points on the field and gifted A&M with some of theirs. While I think that A&M was also the better team, it pains me to think of how different that game would have turned out if we played a clean game and converted our goal line opportunities. Nevertheless, the play of Allen gives me hope that we can still have a good season and even improve upon last year's record. I believe we'll most likely lose to Alabama and Ole Miss, but I really think we're better than everyone else on our schedule. Maybe I'm just optimistic, but this is how I see it, so I'm not gonna allow one game to make me throw the season in the tank.

I agree, this team can still go 9-3 but the play calling has to get A LOT better and the silly penalties and mistakes have to stop.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Foozzball

At this point, lets get real.  Arkansas will finish 6-6 if they are lucky!  atm barely beat Auburn at Auburn, Auburn barely beat LSU last night.  We have no shot at Bama or Ole miss and we will lose at Auburn and LSU will pay us back this year!  If we are lucky, we might beat Mississippi st. in starkville, but dont count on it and Missouri looks a lot better so far this year!  So it will be challenging just to go 6-6 and get into a bowl!

hogcard1964

Maybe

I tend to believe we're closer to 6 wins than we are 9.  We're going to drop a few games we shouldn't.  That's par for the course with Beliema. So I'm now expecting us to more than likely drop 3 of 4 games between LSU, Auburn, Miss St and Missouri.  It's what we do. The best we can hope for is a split going 2-2.

I think we can pencil in automatic losses to Bama and Ole Miss.

orvillesghost

Hard to say one way or the other.

The irony in all this is Arkansas can be a legitimate top 25 team and only be the fifth or sixth best team in the SEC.

Foozzball

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2016, 01:02:00 pm
Maybe

I tend to believe we're closer to 6 wins than we are 9.  We're going to drop a few games we shouldn't.  That's par for the course with Beliema. So I'm now expecting us to more than likely drop 3 of 4 games between LSU, Auburn, Miss St and Missouri.  It's what we do. The best we can hope for is a split going 2-2.

I think we can pencil in automatic losses to Bama and Ole Miss.

I agree with your assessment which is pretty close to what I believe will happen as well

camden5r

Quote from: Foozzball on September 25, 2016, 01:01:39 pm
At this point, lets get real.  Arkansas will finish 6-6 if they are lucky!  atm barely beat Auburn at Auburn, Auburn barely beat LSU last night.  We have no shot at Bama or Ole miss and we will lose at Auburn and LSU will pay us back this year!  If we are lucky, we might beat Mississippi st. in starkville, but dont count on it and Missouri looks a lot better so far this year!  So it will be challenging just to go 6-6 and get into a bowl!
Who cares if auburn barely beat lsu, and yes it is doubtful that we will beat bama or ole piss, but I still like our chances

Foozzball

Quote from: orvillesghost on September 25, 2016, 01:02:13 pm
Hard to say one way or the other.

The irony in all this is Arkansas can be a legitimate top 25 team and only be the fifth or sixth best team in the SEC.

And that is why we should be in the Big 12.  We don't belong in the SEC and honestly why do we want to be in the meat grinder when we could be on the display shelf?

hogcard1964

Quote from: Foozzball on September 25, 2016, 01:04:34 pm
And that is why we should be in the Big 12.  We don't belong in the SEC and honestly why do we want to be in the meat grinder when we could be on the display shelf?

We'd probably do the same thing in the BIG12.

hobhog

8-4 would be a good season and keep momentum. Means we need 5 more wins, which will not be easy. Focus on each week: 1-0.

TNRazorbacker

No reason to think we aren't. There are maybe one, two teams left on the schedule as good as the one we played tonight and we haven't dropped any games to rent a wins like we did last year by this time.  Not at all unreasonable to think 9 wins isn't possible.

nwahogfan1

I stay with my original prediction that this team can finish anywhere between 6 to 10 wins depending on a few big plays.   Games will be that close.   Like last night if we did not get the late hit penalty which keep us from getting the ball back at mid field, give up 2 long runs for TDs and 1 long pass for TD plus offensively we left 3 TDs on the field when we were inside the 5 yard line.  If all those plays ended in our favor it would have been a different game.

I don't see us beating Bama but the others are possible.  How likely would depend on how optimistic you are.  Right now I am leaning towards 7-5.  AA is one play from being hurt and out OL scares the heck out of me.  Our defense scares me also.  We continue to give up big plays.

Andrew Hogfan

I said 10-2 and I sticking with it.  Lose to bama and that's it.  Ole miss is the only toss up to me. I think we beat everyone else. Fla, LSU, Aubrn all looked bad to me.  Miss state struggled with umass. I expect us to improve just like we have every year with coach B.
WPS!!!

PorkSoda

lol, and if lsu had one you would have said lsu barely beat auburn so we will lose that one too.

the only teams we have to fear this year are TAMU, bama and OM.  the rest are very winnable.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

rhames

I have always thought 8 wins and one of those being Bama. I know I know.  I'm crazy.

I thought we would lose Saturday night but I didn't have any idea how good a&m is. They could win the west this year.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

WorfHog

September 25, 2016, 02:58:08 pm #17 Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 03:28:07 pm by WorfHog
Coaching staff needs to get the o line fixed so the running game can work. We don't have the talent or defensive depth to play a pass first offense. This teams not built for that.

Tusks

LSU is in such a mess they may not even make the trip.

MSU, MZ, LSU will be Hog wins.  To get to 9 gotta win 2 of Bama, OMU, FL, Aub.  Hogs might win 1 but I don't think 2.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PorkSoda

Quote from: tusked on September 25, 2016, 02:58:58 pm
LSU is in such a mess they may not even make the trip.

MSU, MZ, LSU will be Hog wins.  To get to 9 gotta win 2 of Bama, OMU, FL, Aub.  Hogs might win 1 but I don't think 2.
well 8 wins and a bowl win will give us nine and an improvement over last year.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: rhames on September 25, 2016, 02:52:57 pm
I have always thought 8 wins and one of those being Bama. I know I know.  I'm crazy.

I thought we would lose Saturday night but I didn't have any idea how good a&m is. They could win the west this year.
their Dline is beast and was the difference in the game.  or should I say the difference between thier dline play and our dline play

rhames

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 25, 2016, 03:02:26 pm
their Dline is beast and was the difference in the game.  or should I say the difference between thier dline play and our dline play

I agree. I also think their dline is better than Bama's this year.

Their offense surly is.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: rhames on September 25, 2016, 03:03:34 pm

I agree. I also think their dline is better than Bama's this year.

Their offense surly is.
Their defense is even more surly.
Great Aggie team.

Pig Worshipper

Because of Austin Allen, I'll say we win our bowl game and end up 8-5. This is good for what is a rebuilding year. Don't be upset at this year's team, Hogvillians, be mad about last year's terrible start. That was the year we had everything in place to get to 10 wins, not this season.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2016, 01:02:00 pm

Whatever chance Alcorn St had to be this year's Toledo evaporated in the 4th quarter last night 4-1.

Alabama will be bitter medicine as usual but I do notice their next 3 games after Arkansas are @UT, A&M, and @LSU and even Captain Process might not be able to keep them entirely from looking forward.  Still 4-2 is the only realistic prediction.

Ole Miss has always struggled in Fayetteville going 2-10 all time.  They have the bye the week before and they face LSU the week after.  This game will probably resemble last years game where its all a question of can Arkansas' offense can score because both teams will move the ball.  Freeze's team will be favored unpredictable.  I think the Hogs have a chance if the OL gets more consistent but have to call it 4-3 for now.

Auburn has a bye before Arkansas.  A lot may hinge on Gus Bus trip to Starkville the week before the bye.  A win there and AU's looking good to get 6 wins ad a bowl.  A loss to MSU and the pressure will be on to defeat Arkansas or pull an upset elsewhere.  One things for sure the pressure will be on CBB and staff for this one.  Too close to call 4-3-1.

Florida might have their QB back by the time they play the Hogs but they face Arkansas after Georgia and before South Carolina.  I still like Hogs chances in this one 5-3-1

LSU goes to Fayetteville the week after Bama and it's all but certain the news in Baton Rouge that week will be all about awaiting official word on the Mad Hatter.  I figure by then Les won't care what happens so if Arkansas is focused on bowl eligibility we call it 6-3-1.

MSU looks like the game most likely to be CBB's loss as a favorite especially if they have 6 or 7 in the bag by then.  Call it 6-4-1.

Mizzou might be more interesting than last year but Hogs should be on an up tick at year end to be consistent with last 3 years so make the final record 7-5 or 8-4 depending on how Auburn goes and back to the Texas Bowl to face OU or OSU.

Six wins is a definite possibility and nine might be a bit of a reach.

razorbackchamps94

Bama,Auburn,and Ole Miss will be tough to win

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on September 25, 2016, 02:48:33 pm
6-6.

You honestly believe we only win two between LSU, Awbarn, MisStake, Misery, Florida and Ole Miss?  Really?

I see four that we SHOULD win.  One toss-up.  One we'll have to pull out of our butt like last year.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

S.A.D.C

I want to believe this is a 9 win team- but the reality that this OL is just terrible is unavoidable.  We can't run against anybody the way we need to run in order to win 9 games.  And I question our ability to keep AA healthy for the full year.  6 wins seems very possible. 

maknbacn

Quote from: camden5r on September 25, 2016, 01:04:02 pm
Who cares if auburn barely beat lsu, and yes it is doubtful that we will beat bama or ole piss, but I still like our chances

If it's doubtful then why do you like the chances?

Foozzball

You people who say the aggies are better than bama this year are crazy!  28 of aTm's 45 were scored on long running plays and 1 was a long pass play!  Thats 35 points!  Thats 35 points that Alabama WON'T GIVE UP!

Porkette

That's not unrealistic at all. We've started off the year FAR better than last year, when we ended up winning 8 games (7 in the regular season).
GO HOGS GO!

gchamblee

Quote from: Foozzball on September 25, 2016, 07:46:04 pm
You people who say the aggies are better than bama this year are crazy!  28 of aTm's 45 were scored on long running plays and 1 was a long pass play!  Thats 35 points!  Thats 35 points that Alabama WON'T GIVE UP!

A.J. Brown 37 Yd pass from Chad Kelly (Two-Point Pass Conversion Failed)
1 play, 37 yards, 0:08

Evan Engram 63 Yd pass from Chad Kelly (Gary Wunderlich Kick)
2 plays, 80 yards, 0:52

Akeem Judd 23 Yd Run (Gary Wunderlich Kick)
7 plays, 75 yards, 1:53

Ole Miss put up over 500 yards of offense against the Bama defense, and had some big scoring plays in the process. You were saying?

alohawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 25, 2016, 02:48:47 pm
lol, and if lsu had one you would have said lsu barely beat auburn so we will lose that one too.

the only teams we have to fear this year are TAMU, bama and OM.  the rest are very winnable.

I agree. Learn, tighten things up and go play up to their potential. 9-3 is doable.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

LZH

Quote from: Foozzball on September 25, 2016, 01:04:34 pm

I am really surprised it took this long for someone to bring out that jewel.

AirWarren

If our offensive line can figure out how to whoop some tail up front, yeah I think we can really win some games. We are soft up front.

DLUXHOG

I'll admit that I was upset with the stupid costly mistakes and penalties and with our inability to .............. Maybe I'm just optimistic, but this is how I see it, so I'm not gonna allow one game to make me throw the season in the tank.
+100 if I could...   I'm riding this same train....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HawgcallWPS

Ole Miss and Bama are on different levels then the rest of the SEC this year. A&M can push anyone. The rest of us are pretty equal. We beat ourselves against A&M and allowed the game to get out of hand. We should play with everyone, whether we win will come down to executing and coaching. I see at least 2 more losses with another one likely. Pretty happy with where we are as a whole.

Youngsta71701

I still got us at 8-4. Losses to Alabama, Ole Piss, and either Auburn or Missouri. Auburn's scheme gives us trouble and Drew Lock and that Missouri offense looks a whole lot better this year than last.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

rhames

Ole Miss can't run the ball very well and kind of caught Georgia sleepwalking. We can beat Ole Miss. It will be tough but doable. I think my we go 4-0 after our bye week.

North hog

First off, TAM was jacked for this game.  Second, Sumlin teams always start fast and have something happen mid season on that makes them fall apart...Will see if they correct that this year.  Arkansas fans at the beginning of the season would have been glad to be 4-1 heading into Alabama game considering our history of bad season starts.

CBB has shown that his AR teams improve as the season progresses.  TAM is a good team to be sure, but not the juggernaut they are being portrayed.  We gave 14 points on mental lapse/scheme with the QB runs, the idiotic targeting, and the stubbornness at one yard line.  Something about playing TAM the last 4 years just makes us go into stupid-mistake football.

We did drive the ball on them, we protected AA better than I thought we would.  I think all the remaining games are winnable (aside from AL).  We tend to fare better against UMiss than most.  so 10-2 is not unthinkable, but 9-3 pretty reasonable.

Atlhogfan1

No.  If, IF, we could be totally healthy throughout the season and caught some good breaks vs the bad ones we had vs A&M, we may could get to 9.  This is a 7-8 win team vs the schedule we play.  Was before Sat night and is now.  The TCU win was big in getting to those 7-8 wins. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

razortaz

I have said 9-3 from the start with one loss to tcu so I think we will sill hit that number

S.A.D.C

Quote from: North hog on September 26, 2016, 07:41:53 am
First off, TAM was jacked for this game.  Second, Sumlin teams always start fast and have something happen mid season on that makes them fall apart...Will see if they correct that this year.  Arkansas fans at the beginning of the season would have been glad to be 4-1 heading into Alabama game considering our history of bad season starts.

CBB has shown that his AR teams improve as the season progresses.  TAM is a good team to be sure, but not the juggernaut they are being portrayed.  We gave 14 points on mental lapse/scheme with the QB runs, the idiotic targeting, and the stubbornness at one yard line.  Something about playing TAM the last 4 years just makes us go into stupid-mistake football.

We did drive the ball on them, we protected AA better than I thought we would.  I think all the remaining games are winnable (aside from AL).  We tend to fare better against UMiss than most.  so 10-2 is not unthinkable, but 9-3 pretty reasonable.

You serious Clark?  We didn't protect AA at all- he was lucky to get out of that game in one piece!  Don't confuse his toughness and ability to play well while still getting hammered every snap with protection.

hview

The OL needs to develop, pick a starting 5 and develop that group. Protect AA and score consistently when in the red zone. It's still early in the season. There's still hope for a good season.

rhog1

I say 10-2 with our only other loss being to Ole Miss.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I wonder how many people had us winning at Tennessee, ole miss, and lsu this time  last year.

Prob not beating bama but everything else is wide open if Austin is healthy.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: North hog on September 26, 2016, 07:41:53 am

We also took away a possible 14 points from ourselves with the two fumbles when we were in scoring position.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: S.A.D.C on September 26, 2016, 08:15:47 am
You serious Clark?  We didn't protect AA at all- he was lucky to get out of that game in one piece!  Don't confuse his toughness and ability to play well while still getting hammered every snap with protection.
How many sacks or hits on the QB did they get before they knew we had to pass the ball on every play?

Hoggish1

Maybe I'm just optimistic, but this is how I see it, so I'm not gonna allow one game to make me throw the season in the tank.

That's the spirit!

Hoggish1

foozball is the right game for you...