Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Difference in the game

Started by LRrazorback, September 25, 2016, 12:29:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 27, 2016, 10:04:17 pm
Yes, odds are you are correct.  You guys could go 90 yards in 2 plays when you have too.  We likely would never gotten enough of a lead.  And once you took the lead, it was over.  We aren't built to play from behind.

Yeah, that coming from behind at TCU didn't happen.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on September 27, 2016, 10:05:25 pm
Yeah, that coming from behind at TCU didn't happen.

TCU's offense is nothing like A&M's.  The poster is likely right on the money.  We weren't going to keep up with them.  And we didn't.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 27, 2016, 10:06:58 pm
TCU's offense is nothing like A&M's.  The poster is likely right on the money.  We weren't going to keep up with them.  And we didn't.

Or, they may have tied it up and we had another 10 minute drive. We moved the ball on them, one doesn't know what would have happened had we scored. Unless of course, you can into the future.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on September 27, 2016, 10:10:03 pm
Or, they may have tied it up and we had another 10 minute drive. We moved the ball on them, one doesn't know what would have happened had we scored. Unless of course, you can into the future.

Ah yes.  Woulda coulda shoulda.  I don't have to see the future.  I just saw the past.  And it played out as I figured it would.  Maybe we would have done this or done that, but we didn't.  A$M made the plays and pulled away from us.  We hung in their foe a while, like we usually do, but didn't finish, like we usually don't against A$M.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 27, 2016, 10:12:55 pm
Ah yes.  Woulda coulda shoulda.  I don't have to see the future.  I just saw the past.  And it played out as I figured it would.  Maybe we would have done this or done that, but we didn't.  A$M made the plays and pulled away from us.  We hung in their foe a while, like we usually do, but didn't finish, like we usually don't against A$M.

Of course we know how it ended, that wasn't the premise here, but since you can "figure out" how games will go, I'm sure you can tell me which bowl game for me to make reservations for.

TheRazorback500

Other sports offer us examples of what happened to us last Saturday. It's like loading the bases with no outs and not scoring any runs. Do this for two or three straight innings and see how discouraging it can be for a player, much less the fans. It's setting up Dusty Hannahs with a wide open rhythm three and he misses it. Hitting your tee shot on a par 3 five feet from the cup and two-putting. Having the fastest car at Talladega and losing because of a loose lug nut. I think our goal line gaffes discouraged the team and a darn good TAMU team took advantage late in the game. Hopefully, the coaching staff will make the necessary corrections.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on September 27, 2016, 10:17:14 pm
Of course we know how it ended, that wasn't the premise here, but since you can "figure out" how games will go, I'm sure you can tell me which bowl game for me to make reservations for.

Yes, jump right to hyperbole.  You know my point, but I suspect you just don't like it.  ''twas a prediction based on evidence, not some guarantee.  Simply Playing the odds.  It's not difficult to grasp that.  Kind of like the odds are that we won't beat Bama.  And I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise, so I'll predict we won't beat them.  If I'm wrong, and I hope like crazy I am, then you can call me out.  That is, of course, if you're predicting a win over Bama.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on September 27, 2016, 10:41:34 pm
Other sports offer us examples of what happened to us last Saturday. It's like loading the bases with no outs and not scoring any runs. Do this for two or three straight innings and see how discouraging it can be for a player, much less the fans. It's setting up Dusty Hannahs with a wide open rhythm three and he misses it. Hitting your tee shot on a par 3 five feet from the cup and two-putting. Having the fastest car at Talladega and losing because of a loose lug nut. I think our goal line gaffes discouraged the team and a darn good TAMU team took advantage late in the game. Hopefully, the coaching staff will make the necessary corrections.

:razorback:

Very reasonable possibility.  The D held their own for quite a while, while the O seriously failed multiple times.  Very discouraging for the defense, sure, but no excuse for rolling over like they did in the 2nd half.  Both sides of the ball were lacking Saturday night.  And A$M was just better anyway.

Squinky The Curse

Quote from: ricepig on September 27, 2016, 10:00:34 pm
Or.....you turn it over again, no one knows for sure, lol.

How many more turnovers did A&M have in the second half? Exactly.

PonderinHog

Big plays killed us again.

If you're going to have ten minute drives, you have to score.  There's only so much clock to work with.

farmhawg

There is a reason saban changed his offense. Guess we will stay stuck in the past.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Little Lady Back

Quote from: LZH on September 25, 2016, 12:33:40 am
A&M is one of the fastest teams in the country. Did we just learn this after kickoff?

Yes we should have been better prepared for what they did, but it wasn't like we were unaware of their speed when the game started.

Agree with you on this, LZH!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 28, 2016, 07:37:20 am
Big plays killed us again.

If you're going to have ten minute drives, you have to score.  There's only so much clock to work with.

Precisely.  We have little room for error if we want to own the TOP.  TOP is pretty overrated.  A&M possessed the ball half as long as we did, but essentially scored twice as many points. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: farmhawg on September 28, 2016, 07:54:11 am
There is a reason saban changed his offense. Guess we will stay stuck in the past.

I've said this before too.  Even Saban, with all the defensive talent and depth, understands that the offenses now will still put up points against him.  They've had to win many games the last 2 seasons by a shootout.  he needed 50 to win the NCG last season.  Almost needed 50 to beat OM the other day.  He knows his old way of ball control and playing defense won't cut it anymore.

That said, I think BB is still at least moved into a hybrid offense.  He's certainly showing plenty willingness to throw it around the field.  He's not put a ground and pound offense out there.  He just doesn't have the players the elite teams have.  He doesn't have the luxury of being able to turn a dime system-wise.

TNRazorbacker

This is a different A&M team this year I think. A ton of talent on offense and finally a D that is capable of bailing out the O when they have a bad day. They may not be beat Alabama good but I don't think they take the late season nosedive they have the last few years. Easily the second best team in the conference based on what I've seen so far.