Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson in 90 seconds

Started by hogsanity, January 18, 2018, 08:15:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBreath

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 19, 2018, 05:36:50 pm
Why not just watch yourself to the Missouri boards ? So we don't have to listen to your nonsense.
Lol..your silly assertion about the how the talent is improving has been shown to be complete idiocy, so all you have left is posting this foolishness.

So typical..what's next?  Be patient and give Mike time to get his players?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

jvanhorn

The point should be is MA really doing anything different here than he did at Missouri or is he just doing the same thing and getting about the same results.   Maybe he is just what he is.  Arkansas and Missouri put together is a pretty long track record.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Lanny on January 18, 2018, 08:16:22 am
Agree 100%.  Poorly coached team this season
Definitely. Hogs at 2-4 in SEC play and 0-4 on the road. They could pull another turnaround like they did last year, but if they do not, that is on Mike. And if they do not turn it around almost immediately, this team will not win 9 SEC games. That leads me to this: if this team, in Mike's 7th season at Arkansas, finishes 8-10 or worse, Arkansas should move on from Anderson.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: HogBreath on January 19, 2018, 05:47:27 pm
Lol..your silly assertion about the how the talent is improving has been shown to be complete idiocy, so all you have left is posting this foolishness.

So typical..what's next?  Be patient and give Mike time to get his players?

Like I told another poster. If we make the elite 8 this year will you delete your account ? You're obviously one of the dregs on this board.

3of5-2

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 20, 2018, 10:18:32 am
Like I told another poster. If we make the elite 8 this year will you delete your account ? You're obviously one of the dregs on this board.
And if we don't, will you delete yours?

elksnort

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 20, 2018, 09:16:28 am
Definitely. Hogs at 2-4 in SEC play and 0-4 on the road. They could pull another turnaround like they did last year, but if they do not, that is on Mike. And if they do not turn it around almost immediately, this team will not win 9 SEC games. That leads me to this: if this team, in Mike's 7th season at Arkansas, finishes 8-10 or worse, Arkansas should move on from Anderson.
This is all that really needs saying regarding CMA.

99toLife

Quote from: jvanhorn on January 20, 2018, 03:14:16 am
The point should be is MA really doing anything different here than he did at Missouri or is he just doing the same thing and getting about the same results.  Maybe he is just what he is.  Arkansas and Missouri put together is a pretty long track record.

Exactly!  I like Mike and he is a good coach and a good guy.  But when we hired him I posted I don't think we got what most on Hogville believed we got.  I got Smite Smashed. Mike is Mike and always will be. Good coach- Good guy. NOT a great Coach and Good guy.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 20, 2018, 10:21:38 am

Yes I'll take that bet if you will. Same with 99 and anyone else who wants in.

99toLife

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 20, 2018, 01:31:08 pm
Yes I'll take that bet if you will. Same with 99 and anyone else who wants in.

No bet from me. I won't delete my account because I said the day he was hired Mike is Mike and always will be. A few Ups and Some downs and Mid Stream the rest of the time. The only thing I don't like about his teams is they get Blown out of the gym to many times every year. Not talking about 1 or 2 games when they lay an egg but several.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: 99toLife on January 20, 2018, 01:45:04 pm
No bet from me. I won't delete my account because I said the day he was hired Mike is Mike and always will be. A few Ups and Some downs and Mid Stream the rest of the time. The only thing I don't like about his teams is they get Blown out of the gym to many times every year. Not talking about 1 or 2 games when they lay an egg but several.

Ok so in other words you think its possible his team could make the elite 8 this season. Thats NOT the sign of a bad coach. Not imo.. Especially compared to our 20 years wandering in the wilderness. He's practically Moses. Gregg Marshall got taken to the woodshed by the same Houston team that spanked us... My point is that its NOT always coaching. Sometimes the ball isn't going in and it magnifies every mistake a team makes.

Thats all. The only common ground I share with some of these posters is this. If we don't make the NCAA tournament this year then Mike should go. Other than that he's improved the program.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 20, 2018, 10:21:38 am

Are you in ? Any other takers ?

Letsroll1200

The only criticism I have of coach is not having his team prepared for LSU. This is the only loss that stinks for this team.

99toLife

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 20, 2018, 01:51:12 pm
Ok so in other words you think its possible his team could make the elite 8 this season. Thats NOT the sign of a bad coach. Not imo.. Especially compared to our 20 years wandering in the wilderness. He's practically Moses. Gregg Marshall got taken to the woodshed by the same Houston team that spanked us... My point is that its NOT always coaching. Sometimes the ball isn't going in and it magnifies every mistake a team makes.

Thats all. The only common ground I share with some of these posters is this. If we don't make the NCAA tournament this year then Mike should go. Other than that he's improved the program.

Anything thing is possible not Probable though. BTW: I have NEVER said I thought Mike was a Bad coach.

Depending on how the season plays out I'm not comfortable with the " Should he stay or should he go" question yet. I do agree he has improved the program but has he improved it enough to satisfy Hogville and the fans , don't think so.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: 99toLife on January 20, 2018, 02:01:34 pm
Anything thing is possible not Probable though. BTW: I have NEVER said I thought Mike was a Bad coach.

Depending on how the season plays out I'm not comfortable with the " Should he stay or should he go" question yet. I do agree he has improved the program but has he improved it enough to satisfy Hogville and the fans , don't think so.

Ok. I think most of us are fans of both the coach and the team. The rebuilds hurt him somewhat with many fans. And I say rebuilds plural bc when he wasn't prepared for the loss of Portis and Qualls we had to pretty much endure one really awful season. Thats on Mike. And I can only hope that he learned his lesson there.

For me though he's shown that he can get the recruiting back up since. I'd really like to see him bring in someone who can pull in more National talent. Some Mcdonalds AA from surrounding states would help us a great deal. I'm sure he knows that the clock is ticking. Get us a big time recruiter on staff and all will be well. IMO.

ParkerSchnabel

Oh one other thing. Houston is a traditional basketball power. Like Arkansas its been a while since they were good. It is taking Sampson 4 years to do about what it took Mike to do here in 3. I think what bothers me the most is posters who ignore the success Mike has had here. Those who act like bc we haven't been to the final four Mike is a failure.

Well we drew UNC last year, if we hadn't we would have at least been an elite 8 team. Sometimes a little bit of luck helps with the tournament. Seeding matters.

99toLife

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 20, 2018, 02:12:55 pm
Oh one other thing. Houston is a traditional basketball power. Like Arkansas its been a while since they were good. It is taking Sampson 4 years to do about what it took Mike to do here in 3. I think what bothers me the most is posters who ignore the success Mike has had here. Those who act like bc we haven't been to the final four Mike is a failure.

Well we drew UNC last year, if we hadn't we would have at least been an elite 8 team. Sometimes a little bit of luck helps with the tournament. Seeding matters.

Honestly I write those people off and try to ignore them.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: 99toLife on January 20, 2018, 02:14:55 pm
Honestly I write those people off and try to ignore them.

Good advice. I just figured out how to do that and added my first pollock.

OkieBack

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 20, 2018, 02:12:55 pm

Agreed.  If Hogs don't draw UNC then I think last year was a groundbreaking year for MA's tenure.  I still think his best recruiting will be here in another year or two, however I understand the longer Arkansas goes without a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 appearance then the louder the noise gets.  I'm just not there yet with Mike.  I want him to see then next year or two through and see what happens.  But getting to the tournament isn't a guarantee and we went through many years not being in the Big Dance before MA.  You all think we could definitely hire better.  We could definitely hire worse.  Allot worse.

hogsanity

Quote from: OkieBack on January 22, 2018, 12:50:03 pm
Agreed.  If Hogs don't draw UNC then I think last year was a groundbreaking year for MA's tenure.

If they do not get blown out at OSU, or at home by Vandy or lose to a Mizzu team that had not won in over a month, they would have been a higher seed and not had to play a 1 seed on the 1st weekend.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

20gauge

I remember when we used to play and beat those teams. Not have fans say hey if we didn't have to play Sis and so.

And that there is the point of all of the mediocre arguments. We SHOULD be playing and beating the blue bloods by now. Only one I can remember us beating is Kentucky. MA wouldn't even schedule them early in his start here.

Finally start getting them in big time early season match ups and get blown out.

I and many others want this program back to where we belong. Prime time, beating the other Big name teams. What we are doing now is not that period. It's what MA was hired to do. It does not take 7 years to make a team relevant and we still aren't. We haven't factored in to one SEC title discussion, always picked middle of the pack or lower. Anytime we have had a chance we have failed. Finally get ranked, failed. Start winning on the road and bam here we are again.

This was the year after the start we had and now again he we are. Floundering about. I'll say it again. It's time to get it done, period. Because next year is a step back from where we are even now until those recruits get experience.

HognotinMemphis

I think this team will finish SEC either 8-10 or 9-9 AT BEST. Not going to be another comeback 2nd half of the season where the Hogs suddenly win on the road and finish 12-6 in SEC. It will be interesting to see fans rationalize that and give a half dozen reasons why that is okay for Anderson in his 7th year with 4 seniors starting. This team isn't going 6-5 on SEC road again like last year.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 22, 2018, 02:15:09 pm
I think this team will finish SEC either 8-10 or 9-9 AT BEST. Not going to be another comeback 2nd half of the season where the Hogs suddenly win on the road and finish 12-6 in SEC. It will be interesting to see fans rationalize that and give a half dozen reasons why that is okay for Anderson in his 7th year with 4 seniors starting. This team isn't going 6-5 on SEC road again like last year.

Because at 9-9 maybe even 8-10 they very well could still get into the ncaat.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

porkinsons disease

Quote from: hogsanity on January 22, 2018, 12:53:53 pm
If they do not get blown out at OSU, or at home by Vandy or lose to a Mizzu team that had not won in over a month, they would have been a higher seed and not had to play a 1 seed on the 1st weekend.
^^^^this. People ignore the fact that our poor play determined our seed and matchup. It wasn't just random or the NCAA hates Arkansas
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

HogBreath

Quote from: hogsanity on January 22, 2018, 12:53:53 pm
And we were very fortunate to get past Seton Hall.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hogsanity

Quote from: porkinsons disease on January 22, 2018, 08:54:21 pm
^^^^this. People ignore the fact that our poor play determined our seed and matchup. It wasn't just random or the NCAA hates Arkansas

And, right now, the Hogs are projected as a 8/9 seed, when 3 weeks ago they were looking at a 5. Same as last year they are going to play their way into a 1st weekend against a 1 again.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hogsanity on January 23, 2018, 09:46:14 am
And, right now, the Hogs are projected as a 8/9 seed, when 3 weeks ago they were looking at a 5. Same as last year they are going to play their way into a 1st weekend against a 1 again.
or play their way into a 5 or 6 or stay stagnant with a 8 or 9
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hogsanity

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 23, 2018, 09:49:03 am
or play their way into a 5 or 6 or stay stagnant with a 8 or 9

There is no way they are going to play their way any higher than MAYBE a 7, but more likely stay in the 8-10 range, draw another tough 1st rnd game, then, if they win that one, have to play someone like Nova on the weekend.