Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Couldn't find the original thread, so I started another. Feel free to delete if I overlooked the original thread.
Construction Cam website: https://app.oxblue.com/open/universityofarkansas
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

6-16 Update
NEZ Camera

SEZ Camera
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

goodguytex

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 16, 2017, 12:07:59 pm
Couldn't find the original thread, so I started another. Feel free to delete if I overlooked the original thread.
Construction Cam website: https://app.oxblue.com/open/universityofarkansas
Page 6 of this thread has the camera link.

RzrbkRat

The open corner is going to have a sweet view of the new SEZ big screen.  Just bring a lawn chair and a case of beer and enjoy.

HighcountryHog

Quote from: RzrbkRat on June 16, 2017, 05:37:31 pm
The open corner is going to have a sweet view of the new SEZ big screen.  Just bring a lawn chair and a case of beer and enjoy.

They should allow food trucks and microbrew trailers to pull up to serve those fans.
no bumps, no fat chicks

GuvHog

Quote from: RzrbkRat on June 16, 2017, 05:37:31 pm

Isn't it the same Big Screen that was formally in the North end zone??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Mike Irwin

Quote from: GuvHog on June 17, 2017, 02:36:06 pm
Isn't it the same Big Screen that was formally in the North end zone??
Yes.

ricepig

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 17, 2017, 02:52:25 pm
But, it's new to the south end...

I believe they are planning to have the new one in the North end zone ready to go for the TCU game too. Is that correct or did I hear wrong again??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

factchecker

Quote from: GuvHog on June 17, 2017, 04:50:06 pm
I believe they are planning to have the new one in the North end zone ready to go for the TCU game too. Is that correct or did I hear wrong again??

You are correct.  Plans change but I really hope they get both screens up before the first game.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FANONTHEHILL

It's come a long way over the years.  We've got an old postcard from 1953 taken from the hill above the north end.  Talks about how it's one of the best views in football looking south toward the mountains.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Tyro3

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on June 17, 2017, 10:17:13 pm
It's come a long way over the years.  We've got an old postcard from 1953 taken from the hill above the north end.  Talks about how it's one of the best views in football looking south toward the mountains.
I remember sitting in those bleacher seats.

hawgXi

thanx for the view from 1953

GoHogzzGo

Wow great post, thank you. Beautiful. Bet it doesn't do the mountains justice too, always more prominent in person. I'm glad the stadium is what we have today but would love to go back in time and see a game there in the 50s-60s.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

6-19 Update. The back of the SEZ scoreboard is being put in, The guys in the NEZ are almost done putting in "floors"

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Update 6-20
Are they renovating the SEZ suites?

FraggleHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 20, 2017, 08:32:00 am
Update 6-20

I asked the assistant SID the same thing... He said that the scaffolding in the SEZ is for prep work prior to installing the video board. Nothing being done to the SEZ suites/club level...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 20, 2017, 08:32:00 am
Update 6-20

Huh, good catch. I don't know what they're doing but I sure see that scaffolding.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on June 20, 2017, 08:39:43 am
Huh, good catch. I don't know what they're doing but I sure see that scaffolding.
Its crazy how fast they can put this stuff up. It wasn't there this time yesterday

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 20, 2017, 08:38:20 am
I asked the assistant SID the same thing... He said that the scaffolding in the SEZ is for prep work prior to installing the video board. Nothing being done to the SEZ suites/club level...
Good to know. I know the construction wont be done until 2018, but it will still look badass, especially with 2 scoreboards

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 20, 2017, 08:51:29 am
Its crazy how fast they can put this stuff up. It wasn't there this time yesterday

The scaffolding started going up in May.

https://twitter.com/ChrisFreet/status/868134562332905476

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 20, 2017, 07:41:18 pm

Hey man why you gotta come in here with all this photographic evidence and stuff? Don't you know Hillary Trump 'shopped them photos?

I can't wait to see the stadium finished! It's come a long way since I first stepped onto the field 25 years ago

HogFoo

It'd be cool if they put in a huge curved screen that covers the entire rounded area of the NEZ and went from one edge of the west side bleachers to the other edge of the east side upper levels bleachers.  haha.. that'd be truly the most awesome sight in any stadium. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

ricepig

Quote from: HogFoo on June 20, 2017, 11:24:06 pm
It'd be cool if they put in a huge curved screen that covers the entire rounded area of the NEZ and went from one edge of the west side bleachers to the other edge of the east side upper levels bleachers.  haha.. that'd be truly the most awesome sight in any stadium. 

Just stretch this one out a bit..

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ricepig on June 20, 2017, 07:41:18 pm

Well I'll be darned. Gotta admit I've been neglecting the SEZ lol

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 20, 2017, 08:38:20 am
Then why is the scaffolding is 100ft or more in front of the board, it doesn't go up to the level of the roof the score board sits on and it runs the entire length of seats. 

All suites are being renovated.

FraggleHog

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on June 21, 2017, 08:32:30 am
Then why is the scaffolding is 100ft or more in front of the board, it doesn't go up to the level of the roof the score board sits on and it runs the entire length of seats. 

And I quote:

Me: "What's up with the scaffolding? New Ribbon Boards?"
Chris Freet (Sr. Associate AD): "Prep work related to the video board"

Why don't you ask him yourself and see if you get a different answer...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Thought I'd give everyone a chance to see where the stadium is now compared to the final renderings

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The main structure they've been working looks to be part of the concourse and the new NEZ suites. The open seating area hasn't been added yet.

ricepig

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on June 21, 2017, 08:32:30 am

Good question, the last drawing of the south big screen showed glass from top to bottom on the south end club and suites. They are going to renovate all the suites, but that was suppose to start after the Mizzou game in November.

HogFoo

Quote from: ricepig on June 21, 2017, 05:17:47 am
Just stretch this one out a bit..

that would actually be really cool.  yes stretch it out and up a bit and we are there man!   I'm still not quite sure what to think about the gap they are leaving. At least the Curved screen would have covered over the top of it, and just left a smaller opening there.  haha... The screen itself could have been like the lid to the bowled in effect.    I mean, fans have wanted the bowled in effect, and yet, we are still not quite going to have it.  I don't know, maybe the in person finished look will be more appealing than the renderings ive seen so far.  Wait and see I guess.   I am still under the belief that we should lower the price quite a bit for the last sections  at each end of the upper decks.  I think I read that they actually have some??  But, i'm hoping it's enough to make folks want to get them.  Of course we all know that winning games will fill the stadium more than anything.  So, here's to a great looking stadium and one that will be filled to the rim with rabid hog fans getting to watch great football!!     
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

justmakeit2thebcs

Maybe you weren't specific in which scaffolding you were referring to.  There is a huge amount of scaffolding around the video board itself that is/was prep fork for the video board.   The scaffolding in question, is perched on the south outdoor club seats in front of the glass for the indoor club and luxury suites, nowhere near the video board. 

Hopefully they redo the windows in the south outdoor club to remove the obstructed view.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on June 22, 2017, 01:42:04 pm

Hopefully they redo the windows in the south outdoor club to remove the obstructed view.

The view isn't obstructed, the noise is.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Stephen Greene

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 21, 2017, 01:16:00 pm
The main structure they've been working looks to be part of the concourse and the new NEZ suites. The open seating area hasn't been added yet.

that is so awesome

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 22, 2017, 01:45:17 pm
The view isn't obstructed, the noise is.
on the inside club, from about row 10 to the top, you can't see parts of the field because of a thick window partition that runs horizontal across the entire section.

TebowHater

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on June 23, 2017, 01:30:36 pm
on the inside club, from about row 10 to the top, you can't see parts of the field because of a thick window partition that runs horizontal across the entire section.

Yep, it's really bad. Same with East Indoor Club. No idea how that design was ever approved.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Hey guys, I found the stairway to heaven

AirWarren

Guaranteed 3-4 more wins a year.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on June 23, 2017, 01:30:36 pm

That's true. I've been there. But I think that's similar to the "obstructed" view where the goal post is in the way like it is in the SEZ outdoor club area where we sit.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ThisTeetsTaken

At least it should be a little louder for opposing teams now.   
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on June 24, 2017, 11:07:07 am
At least it should be a little louder for opposing teams now.   

Those Petit Jean meat announcements are going to sound amazing.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

FANONTHEHILL

I went by this morning and took a couple pictures.  Not sure what the lower level scaffolding is for, but here's a better look and a couple of closer images than the online cameras.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on June 25, 2017, 02:32:18 am
WE HAVE THE MEA- wait, wrong commercial

theFlyingHog

They should at least put in a smell-a-vision. Have bacon scent wafting through the stadium

ThisTeetsTaken

Haha I know it.  Those hospital ads are going to be awesome!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

riccoar

Hawgphish

I am not sure if I like that open corner...but what do I know.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Hawgphish on June 28, 2017, 02:00:59 pm
I am not sure if I like that open corner...but what do I know.

Everyone will think it "looks" like we ran out of money - when they see it for the first time. Horrible idea. Stadium would be much louder with it completely bowled.