Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brock Lesnar gets popped for PED's.

Started by Jek Tono Porkins, July 19, 2016, 07:57:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jek Tono Porkins

I don't know if we have any UFC fans in here, but this is a big story. Brock Lesnar came out of retirement to fight at UFC 200 against Mark Hunt. This was very surprising and posed some problems. USADA tests all fighters in the UFC now, and any fighter coming out of retirement is supposed to be tested for 4 months prior to the fight. However, using a clause in the anti-doping policy, the UFC gave Lesnar an exemption: http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/brock-lesnar-ufc-granted-exemption-from-early-drug-testing-ahead-of-ufc-200-060916

Not surprisingly, Lesnar's opponent, Mark Hunt, wasn't very happy about the exemption. He also speculated that Lesnar was "juiced to the gills." Lesnar responded by saying "I'm a jacked white boy, deal with it." http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/9/11894188/mark-hunt-on-brock-lesnar-i-think-hes-juiced-to-the-gills-ufc-200

Well, they fought at UFC 200 and Lesnar won in fairly dominant fashion. http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/10/12138442/ufc-200-results-brock-lesnar-returns-with-decision-win-over-mark-hunt

Then it turns out that Lesnar failed two drug tests, one out-of-competition and one in-competition: http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/19/12230962/brock-lesnar-also-failed-in-competition-drug-test-at-ufc-200

Not surprisingly, Mark Hunt is downright furious, as anyone would be after being donkey kong'd by a 285 pound roidhead. He's demanding half of Lesnar's $2.5 million purse (the largest in the UFC history) or he's walking from the UFC, as this is the third time in three years he's had to fight someone that was doping. That's shocking to me because Hunt just signed a 6-fight multi-million dollar deal back in April: http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/15/12204448/mark-hunt-asks-for-half-of-brock-lesnars-purse-or-release-from-ufc

It's interesting to see what's going to happen to Lesnar. Someone in his camp said that banned substance was something to do with an asthma inhaler but with the second failed drug test that seems unlikely. Definitely something to keep an eye on.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

PorkSoda

didn't lesner come from 'pro wrestling' where basically everyone is on lots of drugs?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HiggiePiggy

Sounds like ufc needs to do a better job of getting rid of their drug users.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 20, 2016, 03:21:17 pm
didn't lesner come from 'pro wrestling' where basically everyone is on lots of drugs?

Pro wrestling has changed. There are drug tests and wellness policies that, if violated, get them suspended. Much like UFC and boxing, they find ways to cheat.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Jackrabbit Hog

This is why I have no interest whatsoever in UFC stuff.  I think it's got just too much cross pollenization with pro wrestling.  Everytime somebody argues with me about this and tells me I don't know what I'm talking about and am an idiot who is misinformed, a story like this breaks.  Happens like clockwork.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on July 21, 2016, 08:53:28 am
This is why I have no interest whatsoever in UFC stuff.  I think it's got just too much cross pollenization with pro wrestling.  Everytime somebody argues with me about this and tells me I don't know what I'm talking about and am an idiot who is misinformed, a story like this breaks.  Happens like clockwork.

Not calling you names, but there are very few legit UFC guys doing pro wrestling.

H&D

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on July 21, 2016, 08:53:28 am

Did you know that prior to his WWE days Lesnar was a championship college wrestler and many of the best UFC fighters have come from the ranks of college wrestling. He's always been big, just look at some of his film from wrestling in high school, he's a monster.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Jackrabbit Hog

Yes, I was aware of Lesnar's wrestling past.  And PR, I wasn't thinking about people when I referred to cross-pollenization; more the marketing and attitudes and in your face stuff. 

I respect you guys' opinions and your enjoyment of the sport.  I just don't share in it.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

clutch

Quote from: The Chief on July 21, 2016, 06:44:08 am
Pro wrestling has changed. There are drug tests and wellness policies that, if violated, get them suspended. Much like UFC and boxing, they find ways to cheat.

I doubt those policies are enforced too strictly. I'm pretty sure the owner of the organization is juiced out of his mind. There's not many 70 year olds as jacked as him.

H&D

Quote from: clutch on July 23, 2016, 12:30:30 pm
I doubt those policies are enforced too strictly. I'm pretty sure the owner of the organization is juiced out of his mind. There's not many 70 year olds as jacked as him.

They test for roids, he takes HGH, I'm sure he has a prescription for it......low T and all.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"