Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sheldrick Redwine decommits from Louisville

Started by colbs, January 27, 2015, 07:55:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Love those Hogs

That is crazy how AU is getting all these guys last minute.
Hogs 4 Life!

Dropkick

Dropkick

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

tophawg19

redwine was a guy we were high on . then we backed off for some reason

PEtrader

Quote from: Love those Hogs on January 27, 2015, 07:57:07 pm

Cash money,  take it to the bank.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 27, 2015, 08:11:31 pm
redwine was a guy we were high on . then we backed off for some reason

If we backed off, it's for a good reason.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Love those Hogs on January 27, 2015, 07:57:07 pm

Not crazy, just business.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

jackflash

With Redwine I wouldn't count Florida out of the picture. They may need him more

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PonderinHog

immahog

did hogville say we backed off??? or has it been reported that we backed off???
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

PEtrader

Quote from: immahog on January 28, 2015, 05:43:41 am

Auburn bank stepped up more than we backed off
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Music City Hog

Quote from: immahog on January 28, 2015, 05:43:41 am

We "back off" every recruit that doesn't choose us. 

He lost interest when Shannon left.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

lefty08

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 28, 2015, 07:09:41 am

Pretty sure it was well before Shannon left
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

tophawg19

no we stopped recruiting him . went in another direction .

tophawg19

Quote from: lefty08 on January 28, 2015, 07:29:31 am
i t was but you can't tell some of these people anything .

Tim Harris

Quote from: lefty08 on January 28, 2015, 07:29:31 am

We were already having limited contact with him but were still in his top 6 or 8 or whatever it was.  Then once Shannon left he "officially" eliminated us from the running.

The_Boot_stops_here

Lol. Truth

Wildhog

I told y'all I hated that AU hired Travaris Robinson.  This is what happens when you hire elite recruiters.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ballhogger

Quote from: Dropkick on January 27, 2015, 07:57:32 pm
For how much?
2 for the price of one...there must be some kind of sale going on.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 28, 2015, 08:45:29 am
I told y'all I hated that AU hired Travaris Robinson.  This is what happens when you hire elite recruiters.

yep, wish we had one more on staff.  replace Thomas.

KlubhouseKonnected

Gus Malzahn and Auburn really are a perfect match.

OLDHOG

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Wildhog on January 28, 2015, 08:45:29 am

Okay, but there's a whole rest of the story on that deal.

Can the guy coach?  Is he the quality person you want representing your university?  Does he fit with your personality and fit in with the rest of the staff?

There is such a thing as short term thinking.  Yes, it may produce today, but what are going to be the long range effects?

It just seems to me that assembling a CFB staff is about a whole lot more than getting a bunch of hired guns to go out and recruit.

Additionally, there is no way, today, to know what the comparative careers of Ryan Pulley and Redwine will be.  Maybe Redwine ends up being the greatest CB of all time while at AU, but maybe Ryan Pulley ends up having the better career.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

tophawg19

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 28, 2015, 09:39:12 am

Can the guy coach?  Is he the quality person you want representing your university?  Does he fit with your personality and fit in with the rest of the staff?

There is such a thing as short term thinking.  Yes, it may produce today, but what are going to be the long range effects?

It just seems to me that assembling a CFB staff is about a whole lot more than getting a bunch of hired guns to go out and recruit.

Additionally, there is no way, today, to know what the comparative careers of Ryan Pulley and Redwine will be.  Maybe Redwine ends up being the greatest CB of all time while at AU, but maybe Ryan Pulley ends up having the better career.
[/quote good post and also the staff knew who fits our team better .

Wildhog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 28, 2015, 09:39:12 am

Somebody thinks Robinson can coach.  He keeps getting great jobs.

I mean, I'd say Will Muschamp is a pretty solid defensive mind.  Wouldn't you?
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 28, 2015, 09:51:20 am

Or somebody thinks he can recruit to make up for his coaching, I don't know? We had what we were told was a great Florida recruiter, I thought he did a good job, not great.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Wildhog on January 28, 2015, 09:51:20 am

I mean, I'd say Will Muschamp is a pretty solid defensive mind.  Wouldn't you?

On your first point, I'd say I don't know if he's a good coach or not.  There have been coaches down through the years who were great recruiters and mediocre coaches that always found a place to work.  Hired guns usually do.

As far as Muschamp goes, I guess he's a solid DC.  I'm not sure there's a whole lot of evidence against him.  He did OK at UT, but he had the advantage of great talent down there.  His defenses were pretty dang good at UF, too.

So I guess he's solid, but whether he's this big, huge upgrade vs. Ellis Johnson??  I doubt it.  Ellis has a pretty solid track record, too, and I doubt he somehow forgot decades of coaching smarts when he got to Auburn.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Wildhog

I just think it's a bit of a stretch to say that any team on the level of Auburn would hire a coaching liability. 

There are some ace recruiters out there that are also great coaches.  They don't grow on trees, though.  So long as the traditional powers keep getting those guys, they will remain traditional powers.
1909/1964/1965/1977

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Wildhog on January 28, 2015, 10:01:15 am
I just think it's a bit of a stretch to say that any team on the level of Auburn would hire a coaching liability. 

There are some ace recruiters out there that are also great coaches.  They don't grow on trees, though.  So long as the traditional powers keep getting those guys, they will remain traditional powers.

You think Auburn, sitting in the middle of that golden triangle of Bama/Georgia/North Florida really needs to have ace recruiters to get good classes?

They've had top ten classes for as long as I can remember, and have been in the top 5 a few of those years, IF my memory serves correctly.

They had tons and tons of talent last year, and GM and his staff probably got the least out of that talent of any team in the country.

Wildhog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 28, 2015, 10:05:46 am
You think Auburn, sitting in the middle of that golden triangle of Bama/Georgia/North Florida really needs to have ace recruiters to get good classes?

They've had top ten classes for as long as I can remember, and have been in the top 5 a few of those years, IF my memory serves correctly.

They had tons and tons of talent last year, and GM and his staff probably got the least out of that talent of any team in the country.

I know it's a popular opinion that those schools just recruit themselves, but they've made concerted efforts to always have the absolute best recruiters in the country, and the results are evident.  There's a reason that those schools are always hiring elite recruiters.
1909/1964/1965/1977

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Wildhog on January 28, 2015, 10:09:42 am
I know it's a popular opinion that those schools just recruit themselves, but they've made concerted efforts to always have the absolute best recruiters in the country, and the results are evident.  There's a reason that those schools are always hiring elite recruiters.

There is also a reason Auburn has been involved in so many recruiting scandals over the years. If kids were just dying to go spend 3-5 years living in east Alabama, I doubt that would be the case.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 28, 2015, 10:36:33 am
There is also a reason Auburn has been involved in so many recruiting scandals over the years. If kids were just dying to go spend 3-5 years living in east Alabama, I doubt that would be the case.

and yet they've never been punished.  After Cam the NCAA pretty much gave everyone the "go ahead" to recruit by any means necessary.  It's sickening but it's also become business as usual

Wildhog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 28, 2015, 10:36:33 am

So you're saying it takes elite recruiters to get them to East Alabama?
1909/1964/1965/1977

CDBHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on January 28, 2015, 10:40:09 am

Not saying he isn't "elite" but why all the buzz over one 3* DB that's committed since he's been hired?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Wildhog on January 28, 2015, 10:40:09 am

I'm agreeing that location and the University/program itself are clearly not a golden ticket to the top ten ranked recruiting classes they regularly haul in. Whether that is due to elite recruiter, a certain amount of institutionalized ethical and moral flexibility or a combination of the two is another question.

Wildhog

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 28, 2015, 10:43:58 am
Not saying he isn't "elite" but why all the buzz over one 3* DB that's committed since he's been hired?

It's significant to me that they were so easily able get Dinson and apparently Redwine, when we've been on them (Dinson, at least) for quite some time, now.
1909/1964/1965/1977

bigdaddyhawg

I know it's a popular opinion that those schools just recruit themselves, but they've made concerted efforts to always have the absolute best recruiters in the country, and the results are evident. 

Never said "they recruit themselves", nor did I infer that.

But it is a reality that schools that find themselves in the big fat middle of a recruiting hotbed are the schools that end up with the best recruiting classes.  It's easier to recruit kids to come to schools that are closer and that have a family history with that program.

If the talent that Auburn finds in that fertile triangle was magically placed in NWA, don't you think Arkansas would find itself perpetually in that top 10 place, with frequent visits to the top 5?

There's a reason that those schools are always hiring elite recruiters.

Are they "always hiring elite recruiters"? 

And if I were an "elite recruiter", I think I would choose to go to a school that has the richest homegrown talent, wouldn't you?

Fact is, those schools with that backyard recruiting advantages are the schools with the richest traditions, and therefore the fan base that demands that high level performance, both on the field and in recruiting.  As a result those schools feel the pressure to constantly improve their recruiting simply to keep up.

Auburn is a perfect example.  I have no doubt Gus felt some negative feedback and perhaps felt some pressure about his mediocre results last year with a team of great talent.  So he went out and spent tons of money (money Arkansas doesn't have to spend, nor do most schools) to hire those "ace recruiters" you speak of.

So it's not a shock those top recruiters end up at those programs.

kaki

Does it really matter that much to anyone but you?  #buzz kill !

Wildhog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 28, 2015, 10:50:55 am
Never said "they recruit themselves", nor did I infer that.

But it is a reality that schools that find themselves in the big fat middle of a recruiting hotbed are the schools that end up with the best recruiting classes.  It's easier to recruit kids to come to schools that are closer and that have a family history with that program.

If the talent that Auburn finds in that fertile triangle was magically placed in NWA, don't you think Arkansas would find itself perpetually in that top 10 place, with frequent visits to the top 5?

Are they "always hiring elite recruiters"? 

And if I were an "elite recruiter", I think I would choose to go to a school that has the richest homegrown talent, wouldn't you?

Fact is, those schools with that backyard recruiting advantages are the schools with the richest traditions, and therefore the fan base that demands that high level performance, both on the field and in recruiting.  As a result those schools feel the pressure to constantly improve their recruiting simply to keep up.

Auburn is a perfect example.  I have no doubt Gus felt some negative feedback and perhaps felt some pressure about his mediocre results last year with a team of great talent.  So he went out and spent tons of money (money Arkansas doesn't have to spend, nor do most schools) to hire those "ace recruiters" you speak of.

So it's not a shock those top recruiters end up at those programs.

All those words to say nothing at all.

LSU used to be garbage, even with all that talent down there.  What happened?  They hired Nick Saban, who took their recruiting to another level.  Saban has always assembled the absolute best recruiting staff he can manage. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

hillbilly

According to 247, Redwine just committed to Louisville...again.

KY Hog Man

All Rumors Of My De-commitment Were False And I Will Be Signing My Letter Of Intent On Feb 4 To The University Of Louisville #L1C4 ‼️

— Sheldrick Redwine (@_23NeverLeft) January 28, 2015

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: Wildhog on January 28, 2015, 10:01:15 am

Gene and Trooper say hello...

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι