Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuesday Bits

Started by davispard, January 27, 2015, 12:03:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davispard

Again, with the visit to our punter in Cali!!!!!   What's up with this?  Just asking....

Wildhog

I guess Thomas is still talking to his super duper secret five star commit.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Also, we've been hearing a lot about Liberty lately...

Turner Gill doing a good job getting them some pub, I guess.
1909/1964/1965/1977

tophawg19

Quote from: Wildhog on January 27, 2015, 12:06:28 pm
more right than you know . our coaches are working very hard
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Porkys Revenge

CBB will ink someone that nobody has heard of and knows nothing about. Just like with his DC and OC positions.

davispard

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on January 27, 2015, 12:13:22 pm
CBB will ink someone that nobody has heard of and knows nothing about. Just like with his DC and OC positions.
Shouldn't surprise anyone who knows him...

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: davispard on January 27, 2015, 12:14:53 pm
Shouldn't surprise anyone who knows him...
its like Christmas in February

Uncommon

Quote from: Wildhog on January 27, 2015, 12:06:28 pm
Sarcasm

JT is proving you wrong by locking down this punter.  Guy can recruit.

/Sarcasm

regi

Quote from: davispard on January 27, 2015, 12:03:44 pm
Again, with the visit to our punter in Cali!!!!!   What's up with this?  Just asking....

Lol, was thinking the same, either this kids' mom has a 5 star kitchen, or something is up. Never has a punter had so many in home visits

davispard

Quote from: regi on January 27, 2015, 12:18:30 pm
Lol, was thinking the same, either this kids' mom has a 5 star kitchen, or something is up. Never has a punter had so many in home visits
Hell just from the pure # of visits that we've had with him ought to raise his star level to a 10!!!!!!!!  WPS!!!!

Uncommon

Quote from: Wildhog on January 27, 2015, 12:08:42 pm
Also, we've been hearing a lot about Liberty lately...

Turner Gill doing a good job getting them some pub, I guess.
Turner is definitely swinging for the fences.  Don't think I'd be going after anything that's a 3 star or above.  Would be looking for solid 2 stars and high 1 stars.

PaintballHog

Wonder how much it has cost to fly across the country "just to see a punter"?

The Recruiting Guy

You do not take any commitment for granted. Not usual to see a kid several times during the contact period.

PorkRinds

We may have the most recruited punter in the history of college football.

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 27, 2015, 12:23:37 pm
You do not take any commitment for granted. Not usual to see a kid several times during the contact period.

As many as the rules allow, in most every case.

Seebs

One lousy punt can swing a game, we all know that. Will be nice to see tons of fair catches and coffin corner kicks for the next four years.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 27, 2015, 12:20:37 pm
Wonder how much it has cost to fly across the country "just to see a punter"?
Not much to the UA apparently. Kanell says BB has a fleet of private jets at his disposal in Fayetville.

hawginbigd1

Unusual is what RD means I believe.

hawgsalot

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 27, 2015, 12:37:07 pm
Not much to the UA apparently. Kanell says BB has a fleet of private jets at his disposal in Fayetville.

This is exactly right, the plans are "donated" and go towards lifetime donation for the person donating at a good rate.  ;)  So to answer your question it really cost nothing but about 3 hours over and 2 hours 40 mins back.  The actual fuel cost is around $3000 to $6000 depending the jet.

ChiTown27

I never thought I'd say this, but it could be that with the beastly defense that CBB and RS are assembling, CBB is placing a premium on the kicking game. Imagine this, we are built around ground-and-pound, so if we stall on a drive, and we have a punter that can pin a team inside the ten on a regular basis with our defense, that's a distinct advantage. It will lead to many points. If this kid is a FG kicker, then they are usually the highest scoring player on the team. Either way, if you have a line of site to a pro-caliber kicker, use a scholly on him!!! They are worth their weight!

Now, if we are secretly recruiting another player, bravo. Just gravy on the potatoes.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

PaintballHog

So the week before the last weekend for official visits, with 4 spots still left, we take a day to go visit a punter across the country who has shown zero signs of wavering? It just doesn't seem realistic to use what little time left for this. No offense to blake or RD, it just seems fishy.

ChiTown27

Also, we should nickname Rob Smith "the Punisher." He's putting together a system that might rival some Kirby Smart golden days.

George Bernard Shaw

davispard

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 27, 2015, 12:58:34 pm
So the week before the last weekend for official visits, with 4 spots still left, we take a day to go visit a punter across the country who has shown zero signs of wavering? It just doesn't seem realistic to use what little time left for this. No offense to blake or RD, it just seems fishy.
Well you know what "they" say, if quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, etc....  And, ducks like fish, at least , some do...  LOL

ChiTown27

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 27, 2015, 12:58:34 pm

How do we know he isn't just establishing roots (planting a GIANT HOG FLAG) in California for next year? He might be looking to the future, and this is a long-term investment.

George Bernard Shaw

PaintballHog

Quote from: ChiTown27 on January 27, 2015, 01:01:15 pm
How do we know he isn't just establishing roots (planting a GIANT HOG FLAG) in California for next year? He might be looking to the future, and this is a long-term investment.

Could be, but the other parts of RD's article mentioned visiting juniors. If that was the case in Cali, I don't think it would be a secret.

davispard

Quote from: ChiTown27 on January 27, 2015, 01:01:15 pm
He , CJT, recruited Cali with his previous school.  I suspect that he has some pretty good ties out there, already...JMO..

tophawg19

not on the last week of recruiting before NSD . he can do what you're saying anytime

Hawgzinbowlz

As mentioned earlier, a sorry punt can lose a game and an excellent punt can flip the field. If he's good enough, keep up the contacts.

" GO HOGS "

Kevin

we have sent three coaches out to see the punter. i think it is a covert operation
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ChiTown27

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 27, 2015, 01:03:25 pm
not on the last week of recruiting before NSD . he can do what you're saying anytime

That's a good point, but I'm just taking this on its face! This kicker will help us win games. If we get another LOI out of it, that's great!

Also, watch our time of possession increase 15% this year. All those 5-star recruits on Auburn's, 'Bama's, A&M's, LSU's, etc., offenses can't do their thing if they are sitting on the bench. Exciting times to be a Hog.

George Bernard Shaw

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 27, 2015, 01:03:25 pm

Not if you're getting "donated" jet time. You take advantage of everything you can, be it time to see a commit, Jr's or soph's, or super duper double secret recruit's.

tophawg19

Blake is locked down and besides one coach could do that job. 3 coaches aren't there for a punter who loves this team.

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 27, 2015, 01:27:32 pm
Blake is locked down and besides one coach could do that job. 3 coaches aren't there for a punter who loves this team.

Where did it say 3 coaches are there?

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 27, 2015, 01:27:32 pm

Link?

" GO HOGS "

TeedupHigh

Our kicking games was nothing short of terrible last year in all phases of it!  Don't care what anyone says it was all bad for the total year!!  If you can't kick, you ain't gonna win.  A short punt, no hang time, shank here, a kickoff out of bounds, not getting it into the end zone, miss a PAT, a field goal of any length, etc.  the kicking game is worth it's weight in victory!  and not even counting return and defense of the kicking game.

Kevin

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2015, 01:28:58 pm
Where did it say 3 coaches are there?

cbb, segrist, and thomas have all been out there
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TrueBlue

It would be cool to get Elijah Holyfield to commit to us. 4 star and Evander's son. It would be good pub too.

ChiTown27

Quote from: TrueBlue on January 27, 2015, 01:32:20 pm
It would be cool to get Elijah Holyfield to commit to us. 4 star and Evander's son. It would be good pub too.

I was thinking the same thing about Snoop's son. He could have come here and been Snoop Hogg. haha. Nahh. Jk. We don't need a side-show.

George Bernard Shaw

Scott7703

RD, you and I both know coach Thomas is seeing more than just our punter commit.

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on January 27, 2015, 01:32:13 pm
cbb, segrist, and thomas have all been out there

Correct, the head coach is allotted one home visit, and assistants are 6, I believe. As Richard said, you keep babysitting them until it's official.

tophawg19

it's from another site . can't share but i believe it may be incorrect after rereading it RD says 3 in Fla , it lists 3 in Cal . i like RD BETTER .  although i can't see 3 visiting a soph , this close to NSD unless they feel like they have 4 solid locks unless a higher option comes in

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 27, 2015, 01:43:17 pm
it's from another site . can't share but i believe it may be incorrect after rereading it RD says 3 in Fla , it lists 3 in Cal . i like RD BETTER .  although i can't see 3 visiting a soph , this close to NSD unless they feel like they have 4 solid locks unless a higher option comes in

They visited the sophomore yesterday.

MissippHog

Quote from: ChiTown27 on January 27, 2015, 01:35:06 pm
I was thinking the same thing about Snoop's son. He could have come here and been Snoop Hogg. haha. Nahh. Jk. We don't need a side-show.
Snoop Hoggy Hog......I like it!

havok

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2015, 01:41:16 pm
Correct, the head coach is allotted one home visit, and assistants are 6, I believe. As Richard said, you keep babysitting them until it's official.

Not to mention.. you show the High School coach there and any other potential recruits upcoming at that school, that the pipeline from that school to Arkansas is very important.. important enough to have a full court press and plenty of visibility there.

hawgwash

Quote from: davispard on January 27, 2015, 12:03:44 pm
Just pure speculation here, but a photo of Blake Johnson's Mom might offer a clue to this mystery. Anyone remember the photo of Rafe Peavey's Mom from a couple of years ago?

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgwash on January 27, 2015, 02:18:28 pm
Just pure speculation here, but a photo of Blake Johnson's Mom might offer a clue to this mystery. Anyone remember the photo of Rafe Peavey's Mom from a couple of years ago?

You can't say that and then not post a pic of both...

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 27, 2015, 02:23:50 pm
You can't say that and then not post a pic of both...

Yep.  Pics or GTFO.
1909/1964/1965/1977

swinesation

Quote from: hawgwash on January 27, 2015, 02:18:28 pm

I haven't seen the picture, but I was going to say maybe these trips offer these coaches a little bonus for their hard work. :)

lefty08

You guys are all assuming he's not wavering
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged