Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday Bits

Started by RazorBassin, January 26, 2015, 11:24:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 26, 2015, 02:46:11 pm
If you don't like to tackle and be physical you won't be a DB. Pettway will be a stud receiver when it's all said and done.

Deion Sanders?

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Kevin on January 26, 2015, 02:53:40 pm
I don't care where hill goes. Tired of the university of Arkansas have to beg a kid from Arkansas to visit. Take the drama somewhere else
Perhaps following recruiting is not your thing?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Kevin

Quote from: Poppa Tart on January 26, 2015, 04:06:10 pm
Perhaps following recruiting is not your thing?

no that is funny right there
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawg1221

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on January 26, 2015, 03:43:00 pm
So when will our new OC get out on the recruiting trail?

From what I understand, he's out today recruiting.

ArKan5a5 KiD

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 26, 2015, 04:21:54 pm
From what I understand, he's out today recruiting.

He needs to get out to NLR and see if he cant have dinner with the Hill family.

Scott7703

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on January 26, 2015, 04:27:04 pm

I'm anxious to hear when they will be going inhome with the Hills.

PaintballHog

This. He just needs to get a hotel for the week in NLR, then Houston next week for Weathersby. He'll have plenty of time after NSD to get situated in Fayetteville.

ricepig

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 26, 2015, 04:42:13 pm
This. He just needs to get a hotel for the week in NLR, then Houston next week for Weathersby. He'll have plenty of time after NSD to get situated in Fayetteville.

No can do, quiet period starts Feb. 1st, dead period start Feb. 2nd. We leads to the question, you have recruits on campus for official visits, but you can't speak to them on Sunday??

PaintballHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2015, 04:48:10 pm
No can do, quiet period starts Feb. 1st, dead period start Feb. 2nd. We leads to the question, you have recruits on campus for official visits, but you can't speak to them on Sunday??

Nevermind then lol. I need to brush up on all the rules.

Oklahawg

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2015, 04:48:10 pm

6pm Sunday, I think.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

hawg1221

Step-dad said visit would have to be tomorrow.  Apparently, KJ won't be there tomorrow, giving him more one-on-one time.

arlhog

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 26, 2015, 12:09:27 pm
KJ would be a luxury. If we get him, that's icing on the cake. If we don't, that slot would be way more fitting on a LB or Safety.
No way.   Gotta have playmakers like hill to beat elite defenses.   gotta make them defend the whole field and we didn't do that this year.  we got better towards the end   but we still need playmakers on the edge.

Kevin

Wish any thread that mention anything about kj would get locked
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

tophawg19

just don't click on them. you've given your opinion . others are still interested
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hognc2010

Fayetteville and the UofA is a very special and wonderful school. 
Now here is my only observation I have had over the years of reading this board.
Everyone who wanted to be a hog at heart and went somewhere else never did well at that school.

The same for us I think of the kids we get who get here and they really weren't sold on us  but signed they also didn't seem to have there heart into the program

What I am finding is that are coaching staff has a good way of reading kids and family and they try to make a good match and they hurt for those kids who they know want to be a part of our program but go else where because of pressure

discombobulationist

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 26, 2015, 06:38:38 pm
just don't click on them. you've given your opinion . others are still interested

I understand what you're saying, but when EVERY single thread devolves to a KJ discussion, there's nowhere else to click. It would be handy if all the KJ comments could be merged to one "Mother of all KJ" thread.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

tophawg19

you could never wade through the B.S . this one needs to get back to the main topic though . to many get derailed though . hope the mods will step in and start putting them back on topic instead of letting them go in 5 different directions
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PorkRinds

Quote from: discombobulationist on January 26, 2015, 06:46:25 pm
I understand what you're saying, but when EVERY single thread devolves to a KJ discussion, there's nowhere else to click. It would be handy if all the KJ comments could be merged to one "Mother of all KJ" thread.

This place should be renamed Kj Hillville.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2015, 02:49:27 pm
Kids can change, but I usually trust you guy's that have seen him a lot.

If you seen him in person you would think sec wide receiver!!! He just looks like a big time wr.

onebadrubi

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 26, 2015, 11:10:39 pm
If you seen him in person you would think sec wide receiver!!! He just looks like a big time wr.

Are the few people that have said he lacks work ethic at times holding any merit or blowing complete smoke?  We want to compare him to childs, well child's and mallett spent a lot of time together outside of practice throwing. 

rpmflash

It would be handy if all the KJ comments could be merged to one "Mother of all KJ" thread.

Shouldn't that be Stepfather?

Wahls

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 26, 2015, 01:55:00 pm
Yeah, I hope he's a WR, but man, the mantra around here was he'd most likely be a back 7 player.

He struggles mightily against press and has the consistency of Morgan catching the football. I hope he pulls a Jamaal Anderson and become a freakshow on defense. I think he ends up ultimately on defense when it's all said and done.

Where he starts off at is a different story that I'm not privy to.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

woopig

People need to get off the kids back. He is being a young adult and making the biggest decision of his life to this point. It's easy to be blinded by the grass is greener on the other side, that these high profile kids deal with on a daily basis. I do the same thing when I have other employers coming after me. All that matters in the end is that he makes the best decision. Everyone here knows and so does KJ that the University of Arkansas is that right fit for him. That's why he gave Arkansas the final visit, and there is a national signing day. If he decides to go elsewhere I hope he goes somewhere that we can remind him he made a mistake.

Be honest if he was a 4* from Florida just popping up on the radar, we would be calling him a MUST GET

hoglady

This stuff with KJ is just getting out of hand.
This doesn't help us with other recruits down the road - all the stepdad and mom talk is not good. We should just move on - if KJ wants to be a Hog he can be, if not he'll move on somewhere else. The bickering back and forth with the parents on social media only hurts the program.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Steef

Quote from: Kevin on January 26, 2015, 02:53:40 pm
I don't care where hill goes. Tired of the university of Arkansas have to beg a kid from Arkansas to visit. Take the drama somewhere else

Quote from: Kevin on January 26, 2015, 06:35:20 pm
Wish any thread that mention anything about kj would get locked

Hmmmm.......very odd.

I understand what you're saying, but when EVERY single thread devolves to a KJ ....BASHING...., there's nowhere else to click. It would be handy if all the KJ comments could be merged to one "Mother of all KJ" thread.

FIFY

immahog

I am not sure how many bama and OSU can sign but they both look to be at the limit sitting at 26 & 25 commits ......maybe k.j falls to us by Default lol
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 26, 2015, 11:18:07 pm
Are the few people that have said he lacks work ethic at times holding any merit or blowing complete smoke?  We want to compare him to childs, well child's and mallett spent a lot of time together outside of practice throwing. 
I can't speak of his work ethic as I don't know. But watch his highlight video and tell me what he will excel at in college. And it's not tackling 220 lb running backs in the SEC...

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 26, 2015, 11:18:07 pm
And childs and wright both had strong workout ethics.. They got it from Bret Smith and Ricardo Kemp at an early age

Wahls

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 27, 2015, 07:45:50 am
I can't speak of his work ethic as I don't know. But watch his highlight video and tell me what he will excel at in college. And it's not tackling 220 lb running backs in the SEC...

(Assuming we're still talking about Pettway here)

They're not blowing smoke on attitude/work ethic.

I'm not gonna tell the entire incident (was a few weeks ago) but part of it involved him telling a teacher he didn't need class anymore because he was "D1". This isn't isolated either.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Wahls on January 27, 2015, 02:54:47 pm
(Assuming we're still talking about Pettway here)

They're not blowing smoke on attitude/work ethic.

I'm not gonna tell the entire incident (was a few weeks ago) but part of it involved him telling a teacher he didn't need class anymore because he was "D1". This isn't isolated either.
Dang... Its pretty pathetic how some athletes can think they are gods gift to the world... I'm always a fan of the humble ones!!