well, Singleton to Cal....hope we get KJ

We aren't in dire need for another WR.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2015, 11:28:27 am

couldn't have cared less about Singleton...but we are in dire need of more top end talent such as Hill at WR

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 26, 2015, 11:30:21 am
couldn't have cared less about Singleton...but we are in dire need of more top end talent such as Hill at WR

That isn't what I said, lol. I'd take the best available talent at that spot, Hill would fit it nicely. Although I don't think we get him.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2015, 11:28:27 am

yep.  defense defense defense

Scott7703

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 26, 2015, 11:30:21 am

We are in need of playmakers and big play threats. We aren't overloaded with homerun hitters and don't need to miss on the only one in space.

Calling All Hogs

Nice to see Pittman is visiting Mr. Weathersby today!

Scott7703

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on January 26, 2015, 11:36:37 am
Nice to see Pittman is visiting Mr. Weathersby today!

Yep! Glad we have our ace moving and shaking on this Monday!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: RazorBassin on January 26, 2015, 11:24:11 am
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/jan/26/monday/

Dang....CBB and staff will be fat!!! Did you read all the meals and desserts that the Momma's are cooking!

Homemade Mac and Cheese.....YUM!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Tim Harris

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 26, 2015, 11:43:39 am
Dang....CBB and staff will be fat!!! Did you read all the meals and desserts that the Momma's are cooking!

Homemade Mac and Cheese.....YUM!

Now we know why Bielema is as big as he is.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2015, 11:31:58 am
That isn't what I said, lol. I'd take the best available talent at that spot, Hill would fit it nicely. Although I don't think we get him.

I completely understand what you said...nothing was lost in translation....I think we agree that Singleton going elsewhere isnt a big deal...we have kids like him...but Hill is a need at the WR position

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 26, 2015, 11:54:38 am
I completely understand what you said...nothing was lost in translation....I think we agree that Singleton going elsewhere isnt a big deal...we have kids like him...but Hill is a need at the WR position

And I disagree, so there.......

PaintballHog

KJ would be a luxury. If we get him, that's icing on the cake. If we don't, that slot would be way more fitting on a LB or Safety.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 26, 2015, 11:52:13 am
Now we know why Bielema is as big as he is.

Wonder if there will be leftovers for Coach P....you know he's a hard working man!

Go Hawgs!  :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

RAZORHOGG15

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 26, 2015, 11:54:38 am
I may be in the minority but i happen to like the WR's that we have on campus and coming in therefore i do not think that we need KJ for that particular reason. 
I think that we need KJ to continue building a fence around the state and keeping our top players on the hill and i also think we need KJ because he would help us keep building depth within the team and his commitment sends a message to other teams that we are not letting our best players leave withour one heck of a fight.
Let's not all fool ourselves into believeing that KJ would not be beneficial to our program but i dont think our WR Corps collapses if he doesnt come.  I think it does hurt the team because we could have built more all around depth on the team but for me it is just about creating a perception that if you are from Arkansas then you become a Razorback.  It will make it harder on future recruits to leave.  i.e. Agim, Capps and whomever else you can think of
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

Tim Harris

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on January 26, 2015, 12:13:58 pm
I may be in the minority but i happen to like the WR's that we have on campus and coming in therefore i do not think that we need KJ for that particular reason. 
I think that we need KJ to continue building a fence around the state and keeping our top players on the hill and i also think we need KJ because he would help us keep building depth within the team and his commitment sends a message to other teams that we are not letting our best players leave withour one heck of a fight.
Let's not all fool ourselves into believeing that KJ would not be beneficial to our program but i dont think our WR Corps collapses if he doesnt come.  I think it does hurt the team because we could have built more all around depth on the team but for me it is just about creating a perception that if you are from Arkansas then you become a Razorback.  It will make it harder on future recruits to leave.  i.e. Agim, Capps and whomever else you can think of

The WR don't collapse without him but they stay roughly the same as last year.  With him the position definitely improves.  Also like you said you never want to lose elite in state players and and for the first time in a long time we could say we got every in state player we wanted.

Bubba's Bruisers

I think the staff definitely only wants Hill as a WR in the last 4 spots.  I think they certainly want a playmaking WR over someone like King or Scott.  Hill is a no-brainer.

If he's not available, then they'll use that spot on defense, which I suspect is what will happen.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Wildhog

I guess I'm the only one that likes our current WR's.  Cornelius and Edwards are studs, IMO. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on January 26, 2015, 12:35:30 pm
I guess I'm the only one that likes our current WR's.  Cornelius and Edwards are studs, IMO. 

Not ready to say studs, but they're definitely showing signs.  This offense needs all the play makers it can get.  Hill is one.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

tophawg19

along with Hatcher , Morgan , and JO JO
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Wildhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 26, 2015, 12:37:29 pm
Not ready to say studs, but they're definitely showing signs.  This offense needs all the play makers it can get.  Hill is one.

I honestly don't think he'd take snaps from JC, anyway.
1909/1964/1965/1977

lilRockNDubb

Not to mention Hatcher will be back. Jojo will open up a lot of eyes. Hill would be a tremendous get but our receiving core will look nice without him.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on January 26, 2015, 12:42:09 pm
I honestly don't think he'd take snaps from JC, anyway.

He'd likely be in the rotation adding more true depth and pay making ability.  The staff recruited and took his commit early.  They want him.

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 26, 2015, 12:42:03 pm
along with Hatcher , Morgan , and JO JO

Agree...but not sold on Morgan.  Very inconsistent player who's strictly a possession guy. 

Wildhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 26, 2015, 12:46:54 pm
He'd likely be in the rotation adding more true depth and pay making ability.  The staff recruited and took his commit early.  They want him.

Agree...but not sold on Morgan.  Very inconsistent player who's strictly a possession guy. 

I have no doubt they want him.  I just think he'd have a real hard time taking snaps from JC.  Cornelius is electric with the ball in his hands, and really started coming into his own later in the year.
1909/1964/1965/1977

All Hogs

Don't sleep on JoJo either...think him being out there with some speed certainly helps.  We take Hill no matter what and he will help but the sky isn't falling if we don't get him.

Wildhog

Quote from: All Hogs on January 26, 2015, 12:50:08 pm
Don't sleep on JoJo either...think him being out there with some speed certainly helps.  We take Hill no matter what and he will help but the sky isn't falling if we don't get him.
1909/1964/1965/1977

italian9005

sucks on zuniga he looks like a stud on his highlights

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on January 26, 2015, 12:48:55 pm
I have no doubt they want him.  I just think he'd have a real hard time taking snaps from JC.  Cornelius is electric with the ball in his hands, and really started coming into his own later in the year.

Then RS him, which might be the best scenario for the program.  I don't expect Storey to take snaps away from Allen either.  I expect he'll RS, which is probably the best scenario for the program.  I don't expect our 3 TE commits to take many, if any, snaps away from Henry, but 2 or 3 of them will still be getting playing time this year IMO.

Nothing like having truly talented depth.  And I'd take Hill over any of the remaining defensive options.  I say that, because I know we're going to use at least 2 of the last 4 spots on defense anyway.  3 if Hill doesn't show.

And to clarify, I'm somewhat basing all of this on the thought that Pettway is ultimately a defensive player...LB or S.  If is an SEC caliber WR, then it softens the blow of Hill going elsewhere.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: All Hogs on January 26, 2015, 12:50:08 pm

That I agree with.  Losing Hill isn't major, but it's not insignificant either.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: italian9005 on January 26, 2015, 12:52:41 pm
sucks on zuniga he looks like a stud on his highlights

No surprise.  I think that's been his lean all along.  We gave it a shot, though.

hawgsalot

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 26, 2015, 12:33:45 pm
The WR don't collapse without him but they stay roughly the same as last year.  With him the position definitely improves.  Also like you said you never want to lose elite in state players and and for the first time in a long time we could say we got every in state player we wanted.

Nope not buying this at all.  Jo Jo bumps this crew up and KJ would really take it to a bigtime position threat.  Morgan got better and when the ball is in his hands he fights like some of the patriot little WRs, he'll be our go to possession guy thats always single covered.  Wilson never gave us anything so JO JO fixes that issue immediately. Hatcher, KJ and JO JO give you three legit deep threats and YAC threats, two on the field at all times helps a ton.  Our issue was we only had Hatcher as a deep threat on the corner and this allowed teams to double Hunter/Derby and Hatcher and we struggled.  You get another one or two legit options to go along with our possession receivers we've got and watch out.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 26, 2015, 12:57:28 pm
And to clarify, I'm somewhat basing all of this on the thought that Pettway is ultimately a defensive player...LB or S.  If is an SEC caliber WR, then it softens the blow of Hill going elsewhere.

Just my opinion but I feel there is a 75% chance Pettway starts out at WR regardless and a 100% chance that happens if Hill doesn't come here.

HogMantheIntruder

I thought they were pretty good, but I wouldn't classify either as a "stud".  That being said, I am eagerly awaiting to be proven wrong so I can eat some more delicious crow, ala the Robb Smith hire.  Mmmmm....  I can taste it now.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 26, 2015, 01:22:48 pm
Just my opinion but I feel there is a 75% chance Pettway starts out at WR regardless and a 100% chance that happens if Hill doesn't come here.

I thought the rumor was that he committed on the promise that he'd get a shot at WR first regardless?

Tim Harris

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 26, 2015, 01:33:10 pm
I thought the rumor was that he committed on the promise that he'd get a shot at WR first regardless?

That may be true.  It just seems most people are automatically throwing him in with the DBs and I don't feel that will be the case.

PaintballHog

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 26, 2015, 01:35:00 pm
That may be true.  It just seems most people are automatically throwing him in with the DBs and I don't feel that will be the case.

I think that all started with this article:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/oct/22/weight-room-pays-pettway/

bjeffersonhog

Just throwing this out there.... What if Singleton committed to Cal because he was told we had no more spots at the WR position?  He seemed really excited when the hogs offered, and then he doesn't even visit?  Perhaps KJ got back from Ohio State and Bama, and decided to call the coaches and tell them he is planning on recommitting. 

I don't really believe this is the case, but it is something to think about.

PaintballHog

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on January 26, 2015, 01:40:56 pm
Just throwing this out there.... What if Singleton committed to Cal because he was told we had no more spots at the WR position?  He seemed really excited when the hogs offered, and then he doesn't even visit?  Perhaps KJ got back from Ohio State and Bama, and decided to call the coaches and tell them he is planning on recommitting. 

I don't really believe this is the case, but it is something to think about.

Very interesting point.

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2015, 11:31:58 am

Rice, I'm starting to change my thoughts on that, although I have doubted K.J. ever since his words to anybody who would listen, at the Army-All American game in San Antonio. I came away convinced he was gone, and you guys told me I worry too much. Well now some things have caused me to 180 on that. I believe the coaches feel he is coming, or they might have put a full court press on Singleton (who is better than most believe).

Oklahawg

Quote from: texas tush hog on January 26, 2015, 01:50:53 pm
Rice, I'm starting to change my thoughts on that, although I have doubted K.J. ever since his words to anybody who would listen, at the Army-All American game in San Antonio. I came away convinced he was gone, and you guys told me I worry too much. Well now some things have caused me to 180 on that. I believe the coaches feel he is coming, or they might have put a full court press on Singleton (who is better than most believe).

We seem to have cooled our jets for both Evans and Singleton. Evans has always appeared in write-ups as a WR but it sounds like he may have been a DB option (or, like Pettway, an option at either). Seems that there is no back-up to Hill at WR. That means the back-up is an extra defensive player which is great with me.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 26, 2015, 01:35:00 pm

Yeah, I hope he's a WR, but man, the mantra around here was he'd most likely be a back 7 player.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 26, 2015, 01:54:28 pm
We seem to have cooled our jets for both Evans and Singleton. Evans has always appeared in write-ups as a WR but it sounds like he may have been a DB option (or, like Pettway, an option at either). Seems that there is no back-up to Hill at WR. That means the back-up is an extra defensive player which is great with me.

Precisely.  We take another WR only if it's Hill.  If he says no, then extra defensive player gets the nod.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Poppa Tart on January 26, 2015, 01:31:23 pm
I thought they were pretty good, but I wouldn't classify either as a "stud".  That being said, I am eagerly awaiting to be proven wrong so I can eat some more delicious crow, ala the Robb Smith hire.  Mmmmm....  I can taste it now.
Get your salt, pepper, and what other condiments out you need, those 2 are studs. Maybe some nice hot sauce( Cholula is my favorite), hear it makes crow pop!

#1 STUNNA

If you don't like to tackle and be physical you won't be a DB. Pettway will be a stud receiver when it's all said and done.

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 26, 2015, 02:46:11 pm
If you don't like to tackle and be physical you won't be a DB. Pettway will be a stud receiver when it's all said and done.

Kids can change, but I usually trust you guy's that have seen him a lot.

Kevin

I don't care where hill goes. Tired of the university of Arkansas have to beg a kid from Arkansas to visit. Take the drama somewhere else
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Redhogs

Quote from: Kevin on January 26, 2015, 02:53:40 pm
I don't care where hill goes. Tired of the university of Arkansas have to beg a kid from Arkansas to visit. Take the drama somewhere else
+1000.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

ArKan5a5 KiD

So when will our new OC get out on the recruiting trail?