Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

speed

Started by jcharkansas, January 26, 2015, 11:16:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jcharkansas

Do we have any guys with that breakaway, burner speed coming in this recruiting class? Or that redshirted, I have heard Jojo is supposed to be pretty quick but is their anyone else?

Pudgepork

Dalton and Pulley are fast.    There's nobody that would
catch Bo Jackson of 1985.   I hope we have several who could
catch Bo of 2015

jcharkansas

Did either of those guys do any kick or punt returns? They are both in the secondary right?

I just haven't seen any 40 times listed on our commitment list, I thought that was usually included with their measurables.
Any idea of rawleigh williams 40?

onebadrubi

Quote from: jcharkansas on January 26, 2015, 11:34:26 am
Did either of those guys do any kick or punt returns? They are both in the secondary right?

Secondary players, correct. 

I am one hoping to see Pulley be a standout at special teams, that is merely hope with no foundation. 

Wildhog

Quote from: jcharkansas on January 26, 2015, 11:34:26 am

Watching Pulley's video, he looks like he could be a candidate for returns.  Not sure, though. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

IBleedRazorbackRed

Deon Stewart is a name to remember for punt and kick returns in the future.

wpswillriseagain

Here is a name that was talked about quite a bit CBB's first year. Eric Hawkins. I remember CBB saying he was the fastest on the team and they had to find a way to get him involved. Haven't heard about him since then.

jcharkansas

Quote from: wpswillriseagain on January 26, 2015, 01:21:17 pm
Here is a name that was talked about quite a bit CBB's first year. Eric Hawkins. I remember CBB saying he was the fastest on the team and they had to find a way to get him involved. Haven't heard about him since then.
Yea I just know we are in need of someone, anyone to fill that roll as a speedster. Before the past 2 years I can't remember not having at least a few guys that could take it to the house on any given play.

hogcam

I think punt return duties might be filled.  Jared Cornelious did great back there toward the end of the year.

PaintballHog

Quote from: jcharkansas on January 26, 2015, 01:43:47 pm
Yea I just know we are in need of someone, anyone to fill that roll as a speedster. Before the past 2 years I can't remember not having at least a few guys that could take it to the house on any given play.

Need to get some of these young receivers to run up and down that hill Korliss ran after practice.

WooPig90

Quote from: hogcam on January 26, 2015, 01:45:33 pm
I think punt return duties might be filled.  Jared Cornelious did great back there toward the end of the year.

Yup and add JoJo

Oklahawg

Would not be surprised to see Hawkins focus on track and be done with football.

Speed is a scarce commodity. It is one of the first indicators that your team is fading. Depth for special teams reveals team speed. We need a few more that can contribute immediately on special teams to continue building team speed. It appears we are landing them, too, which is nice.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Marshfieldhog

Alex Collins looked decent doing KO returns against Texas

PaintballHog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on January 26, 2015, 02:04:01 pm
Alex Collins looked decent doing KO returns against Texas

Made me extremely nervous tho

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 26, 2015, 01:56:57 pm
Would not be surprised to see Hawkins focus on track and be done with football.

Speed is a scarce commodity. It is one of the first indicators that your team is fading. Depth for special teams reveals team speed. We need a few more that can contribute immediately on special teams to continue building team speed. It appears we are landing them, too, which is nice.

Explain the comment about team fading? Do you have a concern about our speed?