Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best player available

Started by IBleedRazorbackRed, January 26, 2015, 09:17:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IBleedRazorbackRed

January 26, 2015, 09:17:32 am Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:42:59 pm by IBleedRazorbackRed
Bielema said a few weeks ago that once you get to the final few spots, it'll become best player available. Going by the 247composite, which is completely different than the coaches' board, it has our top remaining guys ranked:
1. Weathersby
2. Scott
3. Jackson
4. King

PaintballHog

Zuniga is a late bloomer. Only 247 has him rated to his talent at this moment at a 4*, while the other services have him way too low. He is the 3rd best prospect behind Hill and Weathersby.

Wildhog

Singleton just committed to Cal, FWIW.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Scott7703

Zuniga is Florida bound.

Also rumor has it that Weathersbys mom loved the trip to LSU. Now he is torn.

Wildhog

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 26, 2015, 11:21:24 am
Zuniga is Florida bound.

LSU has some great recruiters.  It'll be a fight.  Good thing our lone stud recruiter is our OL coach.
1909/1964/1965/1977

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Wildhog on January 26, 2015, 11:22:49 am
LSU has some great recruiters.  It'll be a fight.  Good thing our lone stud recruiter is our OL coach.

I've got money on Pittman. Both head coaches have already used their in homes, so I'll take Pittman in this matchup.

Scott7703

Quote from: Wildhog on January 26, 2015, 11:22:49 am

We should have had Pittman pick the Weathersbys up at the airport last night!

Wildhog

I never bet against Pittman, but I won't be surprised either way.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pudgepork

Zuniga is Florida bound.

They done worked some hoo doo on her.  Somebody has to
get a lock of her hair to beat them at that game

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 26, 2015, 11:24:07 am
We should have had Pittman pick the Weathersbys up at the airport last night!

He's a good recruiter, he knew to wait until this morning.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/jan/26/monday/

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on January 26, 2015, 09:17:32 am
Bielema said a few weeks ago that once you get to the final few spots, it'll become best player available. Going by the 247composite, which is completely different than the coaches' board, it has our remaining guys ranked:
1. Weathersby
2. Hill
3. Scott
4. Singleton
5. Zuniga
6. Johnson
7. Jackson
8. King

I'm sure the coaches have the linebackers higher on their order than we do. I bet they take one lb for sure and then it becomes best available after that. Which going by this list, would have us finishing with:

1. Jackson or king
2. Weathersby
3&4. Two out of Hill, Zuniga, and Scott

It's probably not a good idea to speculate about whom is better than whom on a forum recruits visit.  We're going to get four good players with the remaining scholarships.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on January 26, 2015, 11:27:46 am
It's probably not a good idea to speculate about whom is better than whom on a forum recruits visit.  We're going to get four good players with the remaining scholarships.

"Going by the 247composite..."

IBleedRazorbackRed

Bubba's Bruisers

Good update. 

It'll likely be Weathersby and 3 defensive players...most likely options being Jackson, King and Scott.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

scruf

Not bashing but I'm not sold on King. I think he's already committed but they haven't accepted yet because there is better talent at the position that remains undecided. He's the only guy I'm not excited about.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: scruf on January 27, 2015, 03:43:23 pm
Not bashing but I'm not sold on King. I think he's already committed but they haven't accepted yet because there is better talent at the position that remains undecided. He's the only guy I'm not excited about.

He's definitely a project guy. But he has good speed and decent size. I won't be sad if he ends up on our list on Feb 4th.

regi

Zuniga is Florida bound.

Must of liked it more than loved it, LSU offered a Tackle from Florida today, that is committed to VaTech

http://sports.yahoo.com/virginiatech/football/recruiting/player-Mike-Arnold-154180

tophawg19

good catch Regi . I feel real good about Toby. i think everyone is throwing out offers right now hoping some stick.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

CDBHawg

Weathersby
Hill
Scott/Jackson
King

In that order.

Wildhog

Quote from: scruf on January 27, 2015, 03:43:23 pm

I actually like King.  Good speed.  Good instincts.  Played against some of the best competition in the country.  Just needs some time with Coach Herbert.  I want both King and Jackson.
1909/1964/1965/1977

bcdrules

Redwine just decommited. 247 seems to think he's Auburn bound, but this may have an effect on other recruits.

Razinhail

Quote from: Wildhog on January 27, 2015, 07:17:38 pm
I actually like King.  Good speed.  Good instincts.  Played against some of the best competition in the country.  Just needs some time with Coach Herbert.  I want both King and Jackson.

We need as many LB's as we can get. If King really runs a 4.45 40, thats hard to pass up, especially with his height & frame to add more weight. He's a project, but could be a really good one.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: Razinhail on January 27, 2015, 07:30:31 pm
We need as many LB's as we can get. If King really runs a 4.45 40, thats hard to pass up. Especially with his height & frame to add more weight. He's a project, but could be a really good one.

I agree. I like King a lot.

The reason we have been weak on linebackers in the last 20 some odd years is that Arkansas has tended to try to make a LB rather than recruiting one. You cannot ever teach a kid to like contact and you cannot teach a kid how to be the meanest mofo on the block. Recruit me some kings and give the 5 years of weight lifting and good diet... and I think you will see some linebacking U take shape.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: bcdrules on January 27, 2015, 07:26:30 pm
Redwine just decommited. 247 seems to think he's Auburn bound, but this may have an effect on other recruits.

Interesting

tophawg19

we were on him pretty hard at 1 point , then seemed to back off
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

IBleedRazorbackRed

Updated to remove Kylan Johnson who committed to Kansas State

secneahog

You can scratch hill. He's not visiting. 

Toby.
Kendrick. 
Scott.

Best available to take hill spot..
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

colbs

Quote from: secneahog on January 29, 2015, 06:44:46 pm

Toby.
Kendrick. 
Scott.

When did he say he wasn't visiting?

secneahog

Quote from: colbs on January 29, 2015, 06:50:04 pm
When did he say he wasn't visiting?

Paid site said as of tonight. .He's not coming. Kj has told bama also.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Huds_HawgTide

Im completely fine with giving hill spot on a project...his teammate tyler phillips in slated to walk on at oregon...he is an athlete...id take him in a heartbeat
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Attila the Hog

Quote from: secneahog on January 29, 2015, 07:00:24 pm
Paid site said as of tonight. .He's not coming. Kj has told bama also.

Two questions for you there secneahog.

1.  KJ has told bama what?
2.  How do you know this?

Thanks,

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: secneahog on January 29, 2015, 06:44:46 pm

Toby.
Kendrick. 
Scott.

I'll wait until we know for sure one way or the other. He could always tell a reporter he's not coming and then show up randomly Saturday morning.

secneahog

Quote from: Attila the Hog on January 29, 2015, 07:23:26 pm
Two questions for you there secneahog.

1.  KJ has told bama what?
2.  How do you know this?

Thanks,

Apparently that's what the bama reporter is telling a Arkansas paid site guy. So we will see.

Oklahawg

Quote from: secneahog on January 29, 2015, 07:55:31 pm
Apparently that's what the bama reporter is telling a Arkansas paid site guy. So we will see.

Arkansas paid site guy getting scoop from a bama reporter on an Arkansas player.

That is rich.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Huds_HawgTide

Give hills scholly slot to dj brown
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

JaketheSnake

January 29, 2015, 08:37:48 pm #36 Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:52:08 pm by JaketheSnake
What is Kings first name? 

Edit:  James King

VirginiaHog

Enos is at KJs practice. KJ must not have said no as some think. At least not yet. I dont have a feel for this one. But obviously no one else does either.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Removed Hill since he's not visiting

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on January 29, 2015, 08:13:42 pm
Give hills scholly slot to dj brown

I agree.  It will prevent me from hearing about him for the next four years every time he has a decent game at Second Hand U.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

PaintballHog

I think Weathersby, Scott, and Kendrick are locks at this point.

Now with Hill gone, do we just wrap things up with King, or wait til signing day and see if anything interesting happens with other schools and recruits? If we really want the best available.

WooPig90

Think we may leave the last spot open

Bacon_Bitz

I know I am crazy and hardly anyone will agree w/ me esp. the coaches but I love Jaqwis Dancy.