Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UPDATE: Hogs Looking at 2015 CA JUCO RB (originally from NLR)

Started by scruf, January 25, 2015, 06:06:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scruf

Arkansas is back in the mix for 3* RB Kendall Williams of Butte CC in Oroville, CA. Williams decommitted from Arizona last month. Graduated from North Little Rock in 2013, played at Butte as a FR in 2013, medically redshirted at Butte in 2014 (hip fracture) and will have 3 to play 3 (http://www.orovillemr.com/sports/20140904/leading-rusher-williams-says-he-will-miss-butte-football-season-with-injury).

Coach Bielema recruiting.

http://247sports.com/Player/Kendall-Williams-32966?Institution=23662

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/512249/highlights/69408375

neahogfan180

onebadrubi

This is an interesting recruit.  I don't even remember him coming out of NLR. 

tophawg19

friends with K.J HILL ???? HE was the one before tenpenny i guess
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hog N Bama

Quote from: scruf on January 25, 2015, 06:06:42 pm
Arkansas is back in the mix for 3* RB Kendall Williams of Butte CC in Oroville, CA. Williams decommitted from Arizona last month. Graduated from North Little Rock in 2013, looks like 2 to play 2. Coach Bielema recruiting.

http://247sports.com/Player/Kendall-Williams-32966?Institution=23662

Highlights look good. Built to be a RB no doubt.

scruf

Quote from: neahogfan180 on January 25, 2015, 06:30:11 pm
For a scholarship or preferred walk on?

A kid who just said no to a P5 school is probably not walking on.

scruf

ricepig

It's a little late to be looking at, and we "looked" at him earlier this year.

forrest city joe

Is he a speed back like Marshall? or more like JW and Collins? we could use a speed back in this class.

logand02

This makes no sense. Why would we use a scholarship on a JUCO RB?

Solid looking player. Kind of reminds me of Andre Williams from BC.  But don't see him getting offered. 

Wish him well

onebadrubi

Quote from: logand02 on January 25, 2015, 06:38:58 pm
This makes no sense. Why would we use a scholarship on a JUCO RB?

Solid looking player. Kind of reminds me of Andre Williams from BC.  But don't see him getting offered. 

Wish him well

Well, if collins and jwill were to go pro after this year, I could see justifying it.  We then have williams with 1 year under his belt, day, evans, and I feel like I'm missing one?

I don't believe this kid was "before" tenpenny.  Aren't they the same class?

scruf

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2015, 06:38:06 pm
It's a little late to be looking at, and we "looked" at him earlier this year.

They are looking again - as of today.

onebadrubi

Quote from: scruf on January 25, 2015, 06:43:24 pm
They are looking again - as of today.

Is it possible Bielema made a visit when on these recent cali trips?

scruf

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 25, 2015, 06:42:22 pm
Well, if collins and jwill were to go pro after this year, I could see justifying it.  We then have williams with 1 year under his belt, day, evans, and I feel like I'm missing one?

I don't believe this kid was "before" tenpenny.  Aren't they the same class?

Seems likely that if they go this route he redshirts along with RWIII.

scruf

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 25, 2015, 06:44:13 pm
Is it possible Bielema made a visit when on these recent cali trips?

Not sure. Oroville is in northern California close to the Sacramento area.

jseinfeld50

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 25, 2015, 06:31:50 pm
This is an interesting recruit.  I don't even remember him coming out of NLR.

He filled in while Day was injured. Not a big back like Juan Day more of a slasher/speed back.

WooPig90

Where are you hearing this? Just dont see why we would take a JUCO RB.

scruf

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 25, 2015, 06:53:09 pm
Where are you hearing this? Just dont see why we would take a JUCO RB.

It makes sense if he redshirts and AC leaves after his junior year.

ChicoHog

I played in their football fundraiser golf tournament in June.  the guys in front of me in the lunch line (some assistant coaches) were talking about he had just committed to Arizona.  I had my Hog gear on but they ignored me.  I have played in their tournament the last couple of years as they have it on the CC that I belong to.  Very good JC football program.  Won the mythical national championship a couple of years ago.  My youngest son currently attends there.  I will see if any of my contacts knows something. 

VirginiaHog

Quote from: scruf on January 25, 2015, 06:56:26 pm
Cant. 2 to play 2.

scruf

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 25, 2015, 07:05:32 pm
I played in their football fundraiser golf tournament in June.  the guys in front of me in the lunch line (some assistant coaches) were talking about he had just committed to Arizona.  I had my Hog gear on but they ignored me.  I have played in their tournament the last couple of years as they have it on the CC that I belong to.  Very good JC football program.  Won the mythical national championship a couple of years ago.  My youngest son currently attends there.  I will see if any of my contacts knows something. 

+1

secneahog

Ah ok. So he can play 3 like Josh Williams. 

Now it makes sense. His highlight video was impressive.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

scruf

Quote from: VirginiaHog on January 25, 2015, 07:07:09 pm
Cant. 2 to play 2.

+1 You are right but there is some updated info: Is a medical RS and has 3 to play 3.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: scruf on January 25, 2015, 07:13:49 pm
+1 You are right but there is some updated info: Is a medical RS and has 3 to play 3.

So this kid has been in JUCO for 3 years?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The_Iceman

I don't think we could handle having 3 RBs with the last name Williams. :)

Quote from: scruf on January 25, 2015, 06:56:26 pm
3 to play 3 means if he redshirts he only plays 2 years.

redeye

I remember him and believe Richard covered him some, but don't think we ever offered.  We need another RB and maybe they think he's their guy?  Tyreek Hill was great at Okie State, despite his problems, so I don't see anything wrong with taking a JUCO RB, as long as he's proven.  Kiero Small worked out fine for us as a JUCO FB in the recent past, also.

Thanks scuf and keep 'em coming!

ArmyOfnobunaga

Would be an incredibly sharp pickup. We could  lose 3 rbs next year.

I love Jucos when they make sense. This makes sense.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Tim Harris

If we were to take another RB it needs to be a HS kid.  No one we are on at this stage in the game is going to take carries away from Williams and Collins so this would be a lost year.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 25, 2015, 07:31:21 pm
If we were to take another RB it needs to be a HS kid.  No one we are on at this stage in the game is going to take carries away from Williams and Collins so this would be a lost year.

My thinking too. We have other more stressing needs.

Bubba's Bruisers

Yep, and I'm never really concerned about freshmen, or redshirt freshmen, RB's playing if we were to really lose Collins after next season.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

online-with-swine

So with all the pub we have been getting for our OL and rb friendly offense, we are seemingly scrambling for a Juco rb in the last week of recruiting? 

Don't get me wrong, he may be a great rb but it feels like a little bit of desperation.

secneahog

They might redshirt him the first year. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

redeye

I think it depends on the RB.  If he's fast to the corner, we could use him right away.  If he's not, then I don't see why he couldn't spend a year in the weight room and still play for 2?  We only need a RB who can make a significant contribution at some point, and if they think Williams can do that, then I'm alright with it (not that they're asking me.)

secneahog

Quote from: online-with-swine on January 25, 2015, 07:35:44 pm
So with all the pub we have been getting for our OL and rb friendly offense, we are seemingly scrambling for a much rb in the last week do recruiting? 

Don't get me wrong, he may be a great rb but it feels like a little bit of desperation.

I don't look at it as desperation. Did you feel the same way when we picked up Josh Williams late in the recruiting process?

Tim Harris

Quote from: secneahog on January 25, 2015, 07:37:08 pm
They might redshirt him the first year. 

He has already RS and even if we do we still only get 2 years out of the kid. 

Our 2016 RB recruiting strategy should be swing for the fences and try to land another Collins level RB.

ChicoHog

Quote from: logand02 on January 25, 2015, 07:26:05 pm
http://tucson.com/sports/football/college/wildcats/article_0f79f762-23b8-5104-9dff-b4ce26c9ee91.html

Article on him
That was the same Monday I played in the tournament.  he committed that day to AZ and the Assistant coaches were all excited he got a big time offer.  Butte College has had a lot of guys play D1 football, including Aaron and Jordan Rodgers.  Many of their guys go to Utah, Cal, Boise st and other western schools.  One of their guys from my oldest son's HS class actually transferred form Butte to Arkansas st.  I ran into him last month at a physical therapy place.  I gave him a hard time about the constant turnover in Ark st head coaches.  We talked about no matter where you go in Arkansas the Hogs are top dog and the Red Wolves always play second fiddle. 

Tim Harris

Quote from: secneahog on January 25, 2015, 07:38:48 pm
I don't look at it as desperation. Did you feel the same way when we picked up Josh Williams late in the recruiting process?

Completely different situation.  LB takes longer to develop no to mention we are so thin we didn't even have a 3rd string.

We already have a handful of RBs on the roster.

secneahog

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 25, 2015, 07:39:12 pm
He has already RS and even if we do we still only get 2 years out of the kid. 

Our 2016 RB recruiting strategy should be swing for the fences and try to land another Collins level RB.

Ok.  If he came here we would have him for 3 years.
He might have a big upside that this staff likes.

I don't mind having a Juco rb if he can play 3 years. 1 year of juco ball under his belt.

ricepig

ArmyOfnobunaga

Aaron Rodgers went to butte... Not really relevant but interesting.

Im watching a 2013 Butte game atm trying to see what this kid has. Not sure.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

secneahog

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2015, 07:45:58 pm
What do you think he did this year?

Apparently used a rs. ................I figured that out

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: scruf on January 25, 2015, 06:36:53 pm
A kid who just said no to a P5 school is probably not walking on.

Did he turn them down or was he let go?

ArmyOfnobunaga

He isn't doing much in the game I'm watching..

this is his butte hudl siap

My take away is that man found some frigging wheels after hs.

Im good with him if he ends up here although my opinion means little.

The real Hogules

If this is true, I think it speaks volumes
as to how our coaching staff views our current stable of TB's.
Don't get me wrong I doubt that CBB and his staff consider our group of TB's burried on this years depth chart terrible.  OTOH if they're seriously looking at a Juco TB when the scholarship numbers are getting tight they must not believe that the talent at the TB position is good enough to carry the load, if Williams & Collins chose to leave after this upcoming season. AND that "currently" they're not confident that they'll land an elite TB
, or the kid is just too good to pass up.
It's got to be one or the other, right???
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Pudgepork

Or, they want speed and they see that he has it.  I'm wondering
if they looked earlier and then Enos says I can use this guy
out at Butte.    This staff appears to be putting together a
great class.   He could be a critical piece of the puzzle that
they are finishing

WooPig90

So again, where are you hearing this? As well as the other 2 you posted in another thread..