Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KJ Official Visit

Started by MississippiHawg, January 25, 2015, 04:32:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: grayhawg on January 25, 2015, 08:06:48 pm
Same thing we heard for Bama fans a week ago. JMO but I think not only Bama and tOSU but Ole Miss and Arkansas are all still in the picture. We shall see come Feb the 4th.

I think you are right on 3 of those 4.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

My guess is that KJ knows where he is going and it isn't Arkansas, or at least knows it isn't Arkansas. His public deccomittment was actually him being a stand up guy so our coaching staff would not be caught flat footed on NSD.

That would kind of explain his step fathers behavior since the deccomittment.

Scott7703

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 26, 2015, 11:30:34 am
My guess is that KJ knows where he is going and it isn't Arkansas, or at least knows it isn't Arkansas. His public deccomittment was actually him being a stand up guy so our coaching staff would not be caught flat footed on NSD.

I don't think this is the case at all.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 26, 2015, 11:33:18 am
I don't think this is the case at all.

About his mindset or the way I framed the decommit?

Scott7703

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 26, 2015, 11:36:40 am
About his mindset or the way I framed the decommit?

Both. I'm of the opinion that all this was set in motion by someone other than KJ.

My opinion comes from someone that knows KJ.

hogs dont cry

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 26, 2015, 11:30:34 am

We should know in the next couple of days if he's completely moved on based on whether or not he visits UA this weekend.

hogfan870

Look, if he goes to Oh St or Bama, I get it. I may not think it is wise, but it is his decision to live with, and it may turn out great.

However, if he goes to Ole Miss, I will have to admit that it is just going to make me mad.  No way he couldn't find a better school for him than Ole Miss.  At that point I really take it as a slap in the face to Ark. 

jcharkansas

What I don't get is the decommitt but yet he is still listed high on the hogs and arkansas is still in the top 3 or 4. Unless he had to decommit to visit Osu or something that's all I can figure.  If he knows he's not coming then why does his step dad say ark is still in the mix and recruiting sites still have us as top 3. It just doesn't make sense. I would only decommit if I knew I wasn't going to that school.

hogs dont cry

I have a feeling that Urban or Saban will be visiting this week and will put some pressure on KJ to not visit Arkansas this weekend.  I'm sure they'll tell him that they are filling up and can't guarantee a scholly at the very end.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogfan870 on January 26, 2015, 11:43:25 am
Look, if he goes to Oh St or Bama, I get it. I may not think it is wise, but it is his decision to live with, and it may turn out great.

However, if he goes to Ole Miss, I will have to admit that it is just going to make me mad.  No way he couldn't find a better school for him than Ole Miss.  At that point I really take it as a slap in the face to Ark.

If he were to end up at Ole Miss, it will be very very difficult to convince me that money and a handler were not heavily involved. 

PaintballHog

Quote from: jcharkansas on January 26, 2015, 11:50:58 am
What I don't get is the decommitt but yet he is still listed high on the hogs and arkansas is still in the top 3 or 4. Unless he had to decommit to visit Osu or something that's all I can figure.  If he knows he's not coming then why does his step dad say ark is still in the mix and recruiting sites still have us as top 3. It just doesn't make sense. I would only decommit if I knew I wasn't going to that school.

I think he decommitted because of Chaney, and was worried they Coach B would bring in a run heavy guy. Enos needs to sit down with him and explain how things will look going forward.

Scott7703

Quote from: hogs dont cry on January 26, 2015, 11:56:16 am
I have a feeling that Urban or Saban will be visiting this week and will put some pressure on KJ to not visit Arkansas this weekend.  I'm sure they'll tell him that they are filling up and can't guarantee a scholly at the very end.

Have heard urban may be in town Thursday.

jcharkansas

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 26, 2015, 12:06:03 pm
I think he decommitted because of Chaney, and was worried they Coach B would bring in a run heavy guy. Enos needs to sit down with him and explain how things will look going forward.
Yea that may be the reason but why not wait till we hired the oc before deciding to decommit unless you have made up your mind. Who knows maybe he just jumped the gun or did what someone told him to do.

PaintballHog

Quote from: jcharkansas on January 26, 2015, 12:09:35 pm
Yea that may be the reason but why not wait till we hired the oc before deciding to decommit unless you have made up your mind. Who knows maybe he just jumped the gun or did what someone told him to do.

If I was to speculate, maybe he was worried we would get an OC later in the game, and he wouldn't have time to explore his options if he didn't like the hire. I think his step dad talked to him about opening it back up and seeing what's out there until we did get an OC, then let Arkansas make their case. 

Just a guess, but I'm biased also.

PorkRinds

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 26, 2015, 12:17:45 pm
If I was to speculate, maybe he was worried we would get an OC later in the game, and he wouldn't have time to explore his options if he didn't like the hire. I think his step dad talked to him about opening it back up and seeing what's out there until we did get an OC, then let Arkansas make their case. 

Just a guess, but I'm biased also.

That's as good a guess as any.

Danny J

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 26, 2015, 11:59:15 am
If he were to end up at Ole Miss, it will be very very difficult to convince me that money and a handler were not heavily involved.
Yeah....I feel the same way. I can understand going to Bama or tOSU simply because of name recognition but Ole Miss will be breaking in a new QB. We return a experienced QB, two 1000 yard Rb's and experienced OL and he would get immediate playing time from day one.

Adam Stokes

Had KJ Hill not committed when he did, we might have a few less Arkansas guys that are currently signed on, so it may be a blessing in disguise that he committed and then decommitted as opposed to simply waiting til the end to make a choice.  Hope he ends up with us.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 26, 2015, 12:07:14 pm
Have heard urban may be in town Thursday.

I remember the last time Urban came into town to convince another WR to stick for FL.  Believe he spent several hours in the WR's living room.  Ultimately didn't work.  Maybe lighting strikes twice.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RunDMC901

Sorry if this "idea" has already been posted, but I wanted to throw it out there. Disclaimer: I know These coaches are not similar, so no need to call that out.

Some people have said the Coach Hugh Freeze will have certain player's decommit to only recommit on NSD to generate "buzz" and media attention around the program.  Would it be possible this is all a done deal and both Coach BB and KJ want to put on the hog hat on NSD on ESPN?

Just a thought.

PorkRinds

Quote from: RunDMC901 on January 26, 2015, 12:45:12 pm
Sorry if this "idea" has already been posted, but I wanted to throw it out there. Disclaimer: I know These coaches are not similar, so no need to call that out.

Some people have said the Coach Hugh Freeze will have certain player's decommit to only recommit on NSD to generate "buzz" and media attention around the program.  Would it be possible this is all a done deal and both Coach BB and KJ want to put on the hog hat on NSD on ESPN?

Just a thought.

I don't think so.  That's risky with an in state kid.  Lots of backlash.

SPAL

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 26, 2015, 12:06:03 pm

Shh. You may scare off all the conspiracy guys with that talk.

Scott7703

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 26, 2015, 12:42:51 pm
I remember the last time Urban came into town to convince another WR to stick for FL.  Believe he spent several hours in the WR's living room.  Ultimately didn't work.  Maybe lighting strikes twice.

I'm hoping for the same result.

RAZORHOGG15

If he shows up for his official visit i sure hope we ask all of our instate players that have committed or are already on campus to come to the hill also.  Maybe it can remind KJ of why he committed in the first place and that would create an atmosphere that neither Alabama nor Ohio State could duplicate.  That's what we have as an advantage against these other schools.  His best friend is already enrolled and he has known most of these guys for more than one year.  Gragg, Pettway, Storey and the others are our best recruiting tools in this scenerio.
I would also like to state that i hope KJ spoke with the coaches before he decommitted on social media and if he did, he did what a man is supposed to do.  He was unsure of his decision and reopened his commitment.  Because of the way that was handled it leads me to believe that KJ still has ligitiment interest in the Hogs, but wanted to give us time to create a backup plan in case he committed elsewhere.  This is his decision to make but if he calls the Hogs i will be as happy as every one else on this board.  Go Hogs!!!
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

toshortrock

he can to bama or ohio st,,and ride d pine,,and no I'm not knock n the kid,,its the truth
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

WooPig90

Quote from: toshortrock on January 26, 2015, 01:12:29 pm
he can to bama or ohio st,,and ride d pine,,and no I'm not knock n the kid,,its the truth

How many times are you going to keep repeating this?

onebadrubi

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 01:41:11 pm
How many times are you going to keep repeating this?

He's, trying, to, use, as, many, comma's, as, he, can,

HSVhogfan2

Somewhere, there is a Rosetta Stone course for this post.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Amityvillehogger

If KJ shows for his visits, I really like our chances. Going to be hard to not come once all those relationships get rekindled. Those guys he helped get here...Gragg already here. O'Grady close by. Storey here. All those boys urging him to be Arkansas.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

snoblind

Quote from: greasy_corner on January 25, 2015, 08:43:24 pm
We have a great class of razorbacks regardless.  No ill will and no well wishes if he leaves.  Will celebrate if he comes home.

This.  Don't understand the need of some to trash a kid if he goes out of state, but not going to hope everything is going to go great when a kid chooses a team we play against or a team I've never liked either.

grayhawg

Quote from: snoblind on January 26, 2015, 03:03:56 pm
This.  Don't understand the need of some to trash a kid if he goes out of state, but not going to hope everything is going to go great when a kid chooses a team we play against or a team I've never liked either.
Well said.

Ray_Finkle

Hooked on Phonics worked for him.......

Nafunu32

Why does everyone feel that any Arkansas kid will sit on the bench anywhere he goes? Some of you guys are willing to kill someone to get Hill to Arkansas. I highly doubt any kid believes that he will ride the pine at any school. Whatever school he goes to, he believes that he can beat out the competition for the starting job. That selling point is ridiculous.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Nafunu32 on January 26, 2015, 07:01:19 pm
Why does everyone feel that any Arkansas kid will sit on the bench anywhere he goes? Some of you guys are willing to kill someone to get Hill to Arkansas. I highly doubt any kid believes that he will ride the pine at any school. Whatever school he goes to, he believes that he can beat out the competition for the starting job. That selling point is ridiculous.
Because that's what has happened as of recently.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

GalaHawg

It looks like KJ's mom joined his step dad today on twitter calling out Arkansas media people and fans. I will be surprised if KJ visits UA this weekend. Good luck to him wherever he ends up - rather see him at tOSU.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: GalaHawg on January 26, 2015, 08:27:30 pm
It looks like KJ's mom joined his step dad today on twitter calling out Arkansas media people and fans. I will be surprised if KJ visits UA this weekend. Good luck to him wherever he ends up - rather see him at tOSU.

Looks like they are just looking for an excuse for KJ to go elsewhere. They know good & well that if he chooses Arkansas, he'll have the utmost fan support.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

WooPig90

Just saw some of her tweets, wow thats gotta be embarrassing to KJ.

PorkRinds

What has the media done?

beringer62

Just going to ask that question?

onebadrubi

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 08:40:13 pm

Just saw some of her tweets, wow thats gotta be embarrassing to KJ.

Care to share some of the tweets?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 26, 2015, 08:41:17 pm
What has the media done?

The media has done nothing but sing KJ's praises. Everyone knows he is a great talent. "They" are just looking for a reason to justify going elsewhere.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

WooPig90

ScottofLR ‏@ScottofLR  5h5 hours ago
@DannyWest1 @ShareThis if he visits, his folks need to be there or no chance

Jeff Evans ‏@redswarmrising  5h5 hours ago
@ScottofLR @DannyWest1 @ShareThis  his step-dad will be where ever he visits,and he'll probably do all the talking for KJ too....

Diedra Peterson
‏@deedee11009
@redswarmrising @ScottofLR @DannyWest1 @ShareThis  all u guys r idiots. Guess what I am the mom !

WooPig90

KarenSooie❤ ‏@karenazhoggirl  5h5 hours ago
@DannyWest1 wow.  that's so montez

Diedra Peterson ‏@deedee11009  1h1 hour ago
@karenazhoggirl @DannyWest1 Ur r so stupid. U guys r going to b bored when it's over. What will u talk about then?

PorkRinds

Will Gragg's tweet from today:

"My momma told me not to leave the state".

Uncommon

She was not calling Danny West or any other media members idiots.  She was basically calling out anyone who may have bad mouthed the step dad.

I was about to request leaving the tweets off the board but they were posted before I could hit Send.  Just don't think it helps anybody.

Danny J

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 26, 2015, 08:41:17 pm
What has the media done?
As mentioned above sounds as though the family is stretching and reaching for any excuse to get away from Arkansas for whatever the reason. I honestly don't know what is going on but with the statements made by virtually every commit that they feel like the team and coaches are one big family, the immediate playing time he would get, being on campus with people he has known for years and friends with, the experienced QB coming back along with our multiple 1000 yard rushers and experienced OL, etc.....just leads me to believe one of two things:

That maybe he doesn't want all that pressure of being counted on right away to be the "savior" of our WR corp or that someone close to him was looking for something in return. I have no idea either way but it just doesn't make ANY sense why he would even consider Ole Miss. That makes zero sense.

AugustaHog

Well, I can't say that this process has been handled well at all.  Recruiting has to get old quick, but that's why you commit early and shut it down.  Instead, KJ has prolonged this process and added extra drama.  Most of the plot lines have been supplied on their end.  It's sad that they want to put the blame on Arkansas media and Hogs fans in general.

jjdlc

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 08:46:07 pm
Diedra Peterson
‏@deedee11009
@redswarmrising @ScottofLR @DannyWest1 @ShareThis  all u guys r idiots. Guess what I am the mom !

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 08:46:56 pm
Diedra Peterson ‏@deedee11009  1h1 hour ago
@karenazhoggirl @DannyWest1 Ur r so stupid. U guys r going to b bored when it's over. What will u talk about then?

Sounds more like a 15 year old girl than someone's mom, are you sure this is actually his mom's twitter?

PorkRinds

Quote from: AugustaHog on January 26, 2015, 08:58:32 pm
Well, I can't say that this process has been handled well at all.  Recruiting has to get old quick, but that's why you commit early and shut it down.  Instead, KJ has prolonged this process and added extra drama.  Most of the plot lines have been supplied on their end.  It's sad that they want to put the blame on Arkansas media and Hogs fans in general.

I do agree with that. Some serious misplaced outrage.

Kevin

This is why I say quit talking about him. Just let him go where he wants.  Our program will continue to rise, without him. 

Because what is this family going to do, when kj faces adversity in college.

Time to move on
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15