Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KJ Official Visit

Started by MississippiHawg, January 25, 2015, 04:32:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MississippiHawg

I know a guy who is close to KJ and KJ told him that he will be visiting the hogs next weekend. This is in no way official but it is looking good for the Hogs. Big recruiting weekend  coming up. Go Hogs.

davispard

Quote from: MississippiHawg on January 25, 2015, 04:32:06 pm
I know a guy who is close to KJ and KJ told him that he will be visiting the hogs next weekend. This is in no way official but it is looking good for the Hogs. Big recruiting weekend  coming up. Go Hogs.
Hope for the best; don't be too disappointed if he goes somewhere else..  Just me..

forrest city joe

Quote from: MississippiHawg on January 25, 2015, 04:32:06 pm
Good news if what the guy told you is true. we shall see.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 25, 2015, 04:39:56 pm
I think it's been established no one on hogville has sources. Hope you're right though and he at least visits. Maybe Will can talk some sense into him if he does

Is Will visiting too?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

CDBHawg

We have a chance if he visits.

CDBHawg

Dirty

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Slimac4

Bubba's Bruisers

Bubba's Bruisers

Tusks

If we can get them on campus then we have a chance....  :P
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HOGINTENNESSEE

Clearly if he makes it to campus we have a great shot. KJ is very good friends with so many of this instate class.

Barry Lunney and Smith have recruite the crap out of him. Not to mention CBB has proven to be an excellent closer.

Enon appears to be very personable and was a good recruiter a Mich State.

PigTimePlayer

Well I certainly hope he visits. If he gets to campus, I think he will feel at home and among friends and that our coaches will be more than able to show him exactly how he will thrive in this offense. Looks like there is still a good chance for KJ to be a Hog.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 25, 2015, 04:48:53 pm

Barry Lunney and Smith have recruited the crap out of him.

Are bathroom visits a recruiting violation?

arlhog

RD certainly had no positive words during his weekly recruiting report.   Usually he will say something like 'i like where the hogs stand"   or something like that if he has a good feeling.   so i'm not having a good feeling.

Scott7703

Quote from: arlhog on January 25, 2015, 07:41:09 pm
RD certainly had no positive words during his weekly recruiting report.   Usually he will say something like 'i like where the hogs stand"   or something like that if he has a good feeling.   so i'm not having a good feeling.

From what I can gather KJ/family aren't having any communication with Arkansas media. I'm guessing that is why you are hearing little to nothing from them.

discombobulationist

I really hope he gets to visit and spend time with players and coaches without family around. If that happens, I like our chances.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

collegestationhog

Heard from a friend who is a tOSU alumn, and he said the word around there is that KJ is sold on the buckeyes. Said very slim chance he visits Fayetteville this next weekend. Not gonna commit publicly now because he wants the espn signing day moment.

grayhawg

Quote from: collegestationhog on January 25, 2015, 08:02:46 pm
Heard from a friend who is a tOSU alumn, and he said the word around there is that KJ is sold on the buckeyes. Said very slim chance he visits Fayetteville this next weekend. Not gonna commit publicly now because he wants the espn signing day moment.
Same thing we heard for Bama fans a week ago. JMO but I think not only Bama and tOSU but Ole Miss and Arkansas are all still in the picture. We shall see come Feb the 4th.

collegestationhog

Quote from: grayhawg on January 25, 2015, 08:06:48 pm
Same thing we heard for Bama fans a week ago. JMO but I think not only Bama and tOSU but Ole Miss and Arkansas are all still in the picture. We shall see come Feb the 4th.
I agree. I think every kid comes away from a visit to a big time program like that high on the school. After a day or so they snap back to reality.

Bubba's Bruisers

If no Hill, then let's finish with Weathersby, Zuniga, K. Jackson and Scott.  Call it a class.  A great class.

ArmyOfnobunaga

I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for a big letdown.

We have a good class regardless. Im good.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Joe Hog

davispard

Quote from: Joe Hog on January 25, 2015, 08:21:06 pm
Class is looking good.
Fill it out with Weathersby, Singleton, a very good LB, and a DL, and we're good to go, as they say....  We already have a very good class that will only get better...

Been10Hog

Pretty sure there is only one choice that will garnish celebration. I don't think they will be dancing in the streets of Columbus or Tuscaloosa saying "we got K.J. Hill!" There would be a few in Arkansas!

davispard

Quote from: Been10Hog on January 25, 2015, 08:33:03 pm
Pretty sure there is only one choice that will garnish celebration. I don't think they will be dancing in the streets of Columbus or Tuscaloosa saying "we got K.J. Hill!" There would be a few in Arkansas!
Sadly for KJ, this is very true...

Joe Hog

His best choice would be a Hog.  If he goes to the other two he could be
fighting every year for a spot.

greasy_corner

We have a great class of razorbacks regardless.  No ill will and no well wishes if he leaves.  Will celebrate if he comes home.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: greasy_corner on January 25, 2015, 08:43:24 pm
We have a great class of razorbacks regardless.  No ill will and no well wishes if he leaves.  Will celebrate if he comes home.

+1 for your attitude

HogPound

Quote from: collegestationhog on January 25, 2015, 08:02:46 pm

My best friends uncle who is first cousins with his best friends mom said that the university of Arizona is setting up to be the front runner.

davispard

Quote from: HogPound on January 25, 2015, 08:58:39 pm
My best friends uncle who is first cousins with his best friends mom said that the university of Arizona is setting up to be the front runner.
Sounds like a "source" to me....

ArmyOfnobunaga

this is my go to hot source of choice

its legit, never has let me down.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

collegestationhog

HAHAHA. Thats a good one. 

ldfergu

I just don't think we get him and I'm ok with that

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: davispard on January 25, 2015, 04:35:07 pm
Hope for the best; don't be too disappointed if he goes somewhere else..  Just me..

Don't care where he goes, but I give him mad props for coming if he does show up. Either way I hope that he chooses Arkansas and is welcomed wiht open arms...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ARpjfan

Quote from: Joe Hog on January 25, 2015, 08:39:35 pm
His best choice would be a Hog.  If he goes to the other two he could be
fighting every year for a spot.

These type of comments disgust me.  Are you saying that the other two schools are so loaded with talent and so good that this kid will have to work really hard to play there but if he comes to Arkansas, he can be sure of playing the entire time because we will never have competition to push him?  Is this your expectation of this coaching staff, to only be able to get one good WR recruit every 3-4 years?  What exactly are you trying to say, please tell me how your comment can be taken positively because as I see it, it is exhibiting a defeated attitude of a loser.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ARpjfan on January 26, 2015, 08:41:59 am
These type of comments disgust me.  Are you saying that the other two schools are so loaded with talent and so good that this kid will have to work really hard to play there but if he comes to Arkansas, he can be sure of playing the entire time because we will never have competition to push him?  Is this your expectation of this coaching staff, to only be able to get one good WR recruit every 3-4 years?  What exactly are you trying to say, please tell me how your comment can be taken positively because as I see it, it is exhibiting a defeated attitude of a loser.

Yes, bama is more stacked at EVERY position than the hogs are.  No doubt about it. 

Hoggish1

Well said!

Here exactly is how I see it:

If the coaches want him, I hope he gets on the bandwagon before his spot is taken.

Wanting that "ESPiN moment" might be too close for comfort with the way this staff operates...

jcharkansas

This is not the positive only comments message board. You don't have to just pump sunshine all the time, its alright to tell it like it is and that would be the truth. Osu and Bama both have more talent at WR than we do its just a fact, so yes he would have a better shot here to play. That's not to say that we won't get other good receivers at some point but this year he is the best that we have a shot at.

ARtillahog

Quote from: jcharkansas on January 26, 2015, 08:57:46 am
This is not the positive only comments message board. You don't have to just pump sunshine all the time, its alright to tell it like it is and that would be the truth. Osu and Bama both have more talent at WR than we do its just a fact, so yes he would have a better shot here to play. That's not to say that we won't get other good receivers at some point but this year he is the best that we have a shot at.

Truth!

LRHawg

Hatcher and JoJo will have a lot to say about this next year. You guys act like the cupboard's completely bare.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 26, 2015, 08:49:36 am
Well said!

Here exactly is how I see it:

If the coaches want him, I hope he gets on the bandwagon before his spot is taken.

Wanting that "ESPiN moment" might be too close for comfort with the way this staff operates...

Except that the coaching staff will likely know his choice long before his ESPN moment.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: LRHawg on January 26, 2015, 09:02:20 am
Hatcher and JoJo will have a lot to say about this next year. You guys act like the cupboard's completely bare.

PaintballHog

Bama has had the top (or close) recruiting classes like the last 5 years. There are no signs that they're slowing down either. It's not a knock against Arkansas, it's just how things are. KJ will have to battle against 5*s and other 4*s for playing time, while here he wouldn't. It's just the name of the game right now. Just like with Tenpenny.

I hope we keep making strides to the point where the difference in recruiting between us and bama isn't as far off. I think it's possible with this staff. But for right now, it's almost guaranteed he would have more playing time here that at bama. 

collegestationhog

When do official visitors typically confirm their visit? Wednesday or Thursday?

Joe Hog

No, just saying I would pick a school where things were being built around me than
having to fight off new competition every year.  Bama and OS has an advantage on
recruiting.     Now in a couple of years I might be saying this about ARs Lines and TE positions.  They are going to be powerful and NEXT will be our motto. 

HogMantheIntruder

I knew it!!!
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Calling All Hogs

If I was a high school player who wanted to play in the NFL someday, the best business decision would be to go to a good school but not one where the competition was so insane that it would take a long time to see the field (if at all). No matter how good you are in high school, nobody knows for sure how that will translate at the next level. Mitch Mustain is good example of this. If he had gone to Tulsa instead of USC, he might have started a few years and he would have had a better shot at the NFL. Nothing prepares you better than actual playing time.

PaintballHog

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on January 26, 2015, 11:15:48 am
If I was a high school player who wanted to play in the NFL someday, the best business decision would be to go to a good school but not one where the competition was so insane that it would take a long time to see the field (if at all). No matter how good you are in high school, nobody knows for sure how that will translate at the next level. Mitch Mustain is good example of this. If he had gone to Tulsa instead of USC, he might have started a few years and he would have had a better shot at the NFL. Nothing prepares you better than actual playing time.

This. Same argument goes for players that go to non-prostyle offense schools. Doesn't make much sense.