Uncommon

Changing mine to:
22. WR KJ Hill
23. OT Toby Weathersby
24. LB James King
25. S Brandon Scott

onebadrubi

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 26, 2015, 11:01:20 am
I feel that Hill is the only other WR we will take.  If not we just roll with Stewart and Pettway.

This puts us at nice numbers as well.  Talented players then in uniform next season off the top of my head

Hatcher
Edwards
Cornelious
Holister
Jojo
Morgan
Stewart
Pettway

And of course a TE's. 

Vantage 8 dude

January 26, 2015, 11:30:31 am #102 Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:42:42 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 26, 2015, 11:24:20 am
Hill
Weathersby
Zuniga
King

any of those fail to materialize and add Johnson/Jackson/Reed/Scott/Singleton..etc...

it's been a good year already, everything else is gravy...
Seems as if quite a few of the remaining "hoped fors" are falling by the way side as we speak. I'm honestly not sure at this rate whether or not we'll have enough kids left over to fill out all remaining slots. IMO IF we can't get the kids we really want to complete the class just either hold the remaining scholies for next year or for possibly giving help to a walk on later in the year.

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 26, 2015, 11:30:31 am
Seem as if quite a few of the remaining "hoped fors" are falling by the way side as we speak. I'm honestly not sure at this rate whether or not we'll have enough kids left over to fill out all remaining slots. IMO IF we can't get the kids we really want to complete the class just either hold the remaining scholies for next year or for possibly giving help to a walk on later in the year.

We'll be fine, we still appear to have more "worthy" targets than spots. If we have several new names in this weekend, then you may be on to something.

Huckleberry Pig

forgive me if i missed it, but has Weathersby said when he will announce?

WooPig90

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 26, 2015, 11:41:32 am
forgive me if i missed it, but has Weathersby said when he will announce?

NSD

WooPig90

Otis Kirk ‏@OtisKirk247  2 hours ago
Hogs tight on scholarships, status for recruit up in air (VIP) http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Hogs-tight-on-scholarships-status-for-recruit-up-in-air-35085347 ... via @247Sports #Bolt #WPS #Hogs #NeverYield

Just saw this on twitter and the picture is of James King...dont have access but it sounds like he wants to be a Hog but we are telling him to wait? Maybe that means we have a good feeling about a few others?

Scott7703

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 06:26:15 pm
Hogs tight on scholarships, status for recruit up in air (VIP) http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Hogs-tight-on-scholarships-status-for-recruit-up-in-air-35085347 ... via @247Sports #Bolt #WPS #Hogs #NeverYield

Just saw this on twitter and the picture is of James King...dont have access but it sounds like he wants to be a Hog but we are telling him to wait? Maybe that means we have a good feeling about a few others?

Maybe it shouldn't but this makes me feel slightly better about the way we finish.

ArmyOfnobunaga

I think it has something to do with a potential late wr commit .
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 26, 2015, 06:26:15 pm

I've said over and over that I believe King is a backup at this point. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on January 26, 2015, 06:32:45 pm
I think it has something to do with a potential late wr commit .

Or they're at least giving him time to officially make a decision.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

redleg

Weathersby, KJ Hill, Kendrick Jackson, Kylan Johnson.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

davispard

Quote from: redleg on January 27, 2015, 08:30:08 am
That looks about right, IMO...  That would really be a very strong close to this class!!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: redleg on January 27, 2015, 08:30:08 am

By seeing the comments from Hills mother on twitter, I'm pretty sure he will not be attending the u of A

PorkRinds

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 27, 2015, 09:09:18 am
By seeing the comments from Hills mother on twitter, I'm pretty sure he will not be attending the u of A

She was just calling a few people idiots.  I don't think his decision has to do with what idiots say on twitter.

RebelW

I get mad everytime I hear more assurance on Hill not becoming a hog. But I always go and watch film on Pettway and  Stewart.... It'll make ya smile... Get moma to pack you some tweezers so you can pick the slpinters out...

woodrow hog call

Quote from: RebelW on January 27, 2015, 09:20:22 am
I get mad everytime I hear more assurance on Hill not becoming a hog. But I always go and watch film on Pettway and  Stewart.... It'll make ya smile... Get moma to pack you some tweezers so you can pick the slpinters out...

You get mad, and then you post more stupid stuff to insult him?
Who do you get mad at? Yourself? Brilliant I tell ya just brilliant !
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

onebadrubi

Quote from: RebelW on January 27, 2015, 09:20:22 am

According to Montez, that's what Sabans wife is for.  She's always willing to help!

RebelW

I get mad when he wears hog gear and calls the hogs and says I'm in.. Then he wants to change at the last minute.. That's what I get mad at. If you don't like what I type, read over it.. Since you're so "Brilliant".

davispard

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 27, 2015, 09:29:48 am
According to Montez, that's what Sabans wife is for.  She's always willing to help!
So Mrs. "Satan" ascribes to the Houston Nutt, "peeple hepin bidness" credo??!!!

CDBHawg

Weathersby
Hill
Scott
Jackson

If we don't get Hill, award the scholarship to Richardson or Roesler.

PaintballHog

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 27, 2015, 10:29:51 am
Weathersby
Hill
Scott
Jackson

If we don't get Hill, award the scholarship to Richardson or Roesler.

If we don't get hill, hold out for Reed in the summer, if his grades are not high enough, then award it to a walkon.

lasthog

By seeing the comments from Hill's mother on twitter, I'm pretty sure he will not be attending the u of A

Seeing picture on a Buckeyes' site of parents kissing NC trophy falls in line with your thinking.

GEO-HOG

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 27, 2015, 10:35:51 am
If we don't get hill, hold out for Reed in the summer, if his grades are not high enough, then award it to a walkon.

I like this idea.

Wildhog

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 27, 2015, 10:35:51 am

OR SAVE IT.  We don't have to give every walk-on a scholly.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PaintballHog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 27, 2015, 10:39:44 am

Very true. I read someone posted that we'll only have 13 seniors leaving? We may need the spot.

LRHawg

Quote from: RebelW on January 27, 2015, 09:45:17 am
I get mad when he wears hog gear and calls the hogs and says I'm in.. Then he wants to change at the last minute.. That's what I get mad at. If you don't like what I type, read over it.. Since you're so "Brilliant".

The truth is, we don't really know what's going on in his head. We certainly know what is on his mom's and step-dad's mind. But in the end I think it's his decision. I'll save getting upset over all of this until he signs on the dotted line somewhere on NSD.

yankeefaninHOGland

I agree.  I have looked through the twitter comments.  It is amazing what "Hog Fans" tweet recruits and family's.  Although I don't condone the family's reaction to these bat $1*% crazy "Hog Fans", I do think that it would be easy to let the comments upset them.

Most of the individuals on twitter that tweet recruits/families know absolutely nothing about about the recruits/families (their character, their interests, their life), but the send the most ridiculous things.

I agree the parents should rise above all of that negative crap but if I put myself in their shoes, it would at the very least bother me.

What I would not do is respond publicly. They want to voice their opinions but to do so publicly is a no win situation IMO.

All in all, I truly believe that the negative comments that are said by "Ignorant Hog Fans" via twitter tend to push high profile in state athletes away from being HOGS. - That is if the recruit/family chooses to look/listen to it.

my 2 cents.

PaintballHog

Quote from: yankeefaninHOGland on January 27, 2015, 10:49:43 am
I agree.  I have looked through the twitter comments.  It is amazing what "Hog Fans" tweet recruits and family's.  Although I don't condone the family's reaction to these bat $1*% crazy "Hog Fans", I do think that it would be easy to let the comments upset them.

Most of the individuals on twitter that tweet recruits/families know absolutely nothing about about the recruits/families (their character, their interests, their life), but the send the most ridiculous things.

I agree the parents should rise above all of that negative crap but if I put myself in their shoes, it would at the very least bother me.

What I would not do is respond publicly. They want to voice their opinions but to do so publicly is a no win situation IMO.

All in all, I truly believe that the negative comments that are said by "Ignorant Hog Fans" via twitter tend to push high profile in state athletes away from being HOGS. - That is if the recruit/family chooses to look/listen to it.

my 2 cents.

IMO the only chance we have with Hill is in the hands of Gragg and Storey.

ricepig

my 2 cents.

I would imagine that you would find "crazy" comments from other fan bases, too. I remember seeing some stuff from Miami and FSU fans when Collins and Kirkland signed with us, it exists everywhere. Now, do I think it should happen, no, it's just impossible to police.

CDBHawg

True.

But Richardson and Roesler played last year and here for the long term. A walk on that earns a scholly is a good thing.

Especially with the low number of departures we have next year. Only 13 seniors. It'll be hard to sign a full class w/o lots of attrition.

ricepig

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 27, 2015, 11:01:31 am
True.

But Richardson and Roesler played last year and here for the long term. A walk on that earns a scholly is a good thing.

Especially with the low number of departures we have next year. Only 13 seniors. It'll be hard to sign a full class w/o lots of attrition.

Correct, give it to a Sr in August, you get it back in January.

davispard

Not every walkon, but Bielema has stated on several occassions that he considers walkons, a vital part of the program, and if they contribute, such as some of the ones named, then he will give them a schollie..

Wildhog

Quote from: davispard on January 27, 2015, 11:33:45 am
Not every walkon, but Bielema has stated on several occassions that he considers walkons, a vital part of the program, and if they contribute, such as some of the ones named, then he will give them a schollie..

I'm okay with upperclassmen getting them, because they only count against the 85.  Giving it to underclassmen affects your 25 limit.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

tophawg19

my 2 cents.
man it's twitter . who says those are hog fans ? could be OSU NUTTS OR BAMA BUMS . ON Twitter you can be anyone you want to be . it's shear ignorance  to think these are neccesairly hog fans .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

duckman

Quote from: LRHawg on January 27, 2015, 10:42:28 am
The truth is, we don't really know what's going on in his head. We certainly know what is on his mom's and step-dad's mind. But in the end I think it's his decision. I'll save getting upset over all of this until he signs on the dotted line somewhere on NSD.

^^^^^^THIS!^^^^^^^

How about everyone refrain from commenting, good or bad, on KJ until NSD?  Would that not send more of a message than continually bringing him up?  Aren't we doing EXACTLY what his entourage wants?  Let silence be deafening.   My Opinion....

code red

Jabari committed to FLA...what am I missing??
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

Quote from: code red on January 27, 2015, 11:47:09 am
Jabari committed to FLA...what am I missing??

Keeping up with the thread?

code red

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2015, 11:54:30 am
Keeping up with the thread?
Actually no but thanks...you feel better now??
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

billmontgomery10

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2015, 10:59:11 am
Scratch Singleton, he just committed to Cal.

Scratch Zuniga he just committed to Florida.

ricepig

Quote from: code red on January 27, 2015, 12:03:41 pm
Actually no but thanks...you feel better now??

Just trying to keep you focused on the mission at hand.....

code red

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2015, 12:21:19 pm
Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2015, 12:21:19 pm
What a tool

ricepig

Quote from: code red on January 27, 2015, 12:51:23 pm
What a tool

Hey, I'm not the one who couldn't figure out that the posts wanting Zuniga were made before he committed to Florida, but carry on......

Tusks

Is Singleton absolutely off the board and not visiting the hogs?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: davispard on January 27, 2015, 11:33:45 am

I bet Richardson will be on scholarship as soon as possible

WooPig90

Quote from: tusked on January 27, 2015, 03:51:15 pm
Is Singleton absolutely off the board and not visiting the hogs?

Yup thats what ive been hearing

greenie

So, is this the consensus?:

Toby Weathersby
Kendrick Jackson
Brandon Scott
KJ Hill or James King

PaintballHog

Quote from: greenie on January 30, 2015, 09:12:22 am

Toby Weathersby
Kendrick Jackson
Brandon Scott
KJ Hill or James King

Seems like it. Would be a very solid finish.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: greenie on January 30, 2015, 09:12:22 am

Toby Weathersby
Kendrick Jackson
Brandon Scott
KJ Hill or James King

My vote as well. Strong finish.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005