Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The next Elite RB from Arkansas?

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, January 23, 2015, 12:24:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: razorfrog on January 23, 2015, 09:35:21 pm
Nope.  Kid has too skinny of a build.  He wont be able to play RB at the D1 level.  More of a basketball player/WR type.  Bad work ethic though
Is the 5"11 185 lb false?

WADHOG

Quote from: Karma on January 23, 2015, 10:11:35 pm
Dyer accomplished more in his college career than did Hill.  Sad but true.
but he wasn't a Hog....

Pork Twain

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on January 23, 2015, 09:22:59 pm
putting Tennpenny, DW, and Dyer aside the name Cobbs, Hill,and Dmac is an insult.
Must not have followed DW in college or in the NFL. 
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

WADHOG

Carl Turner is going to LSU if they offer.

kibster

Quote from: swinesation on January 23, 2015, 04:01:51 pm
If there was an elite RB in Arkansas who was going to be a senior next year, he'd already have an offer.

I saw every one of Crockett's games last year. He has speed and power - great determination near the goal line. Very little wiggle, average acceleration/burst. Easy to tackle until he gets going, then difficult for one guy to bring down.

Crockett also dealt with an injury last year that hampered his acceleration and agility.  He also needs to work on being more physical and the coaches are working hard with him on that.  Hogs coaches are following him closely. 
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

razorfrog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 23, 2015, 11:00:10 pm
Is the 5"11 185 lb false?
A little under 5-11 and 175 pounds.  Which that isnt bad size for a sophmore but you have to remember he hasnt grown in 3 years so he's done.  He doesnt have the frame to hold 210 pds.  If he plays at the next level it will be CB or WR

razorfrog

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on January 23, 2015, 10:09:15 pm
Very non physical as well
true. that is another reason he seems like a true WR to me.  Also has great hands.  Work ethic is a huge concern though

O Shucky

Quote from: BentleyHawgFan on January 23, 2015, 12:59:48 pm
It's worth a look at Jon Johnson from Benton Harmony Grove

Can't find anything on him anywhere? Is he a D-1 prospect?

CodeRed

Quote from: O Shucky on January 24, 2015, 07:56:18 pm
Can't find anything on him anywhere? Is he a D-1 prospect?

Jon Johnson
Class: 2016
Height: 6'-1"
Weight: 200

2014 Stats: (9 games missed the last 2 due to injury)
Rushing: 194 Att 1916 Yds 9.9 YPC 20 TD 
Receiving: 4 Rec 69 YDS 173 YPC 1 TD
KOR: 9 Att 310 Yds 31.0 YPR 2 TDS
All-purpose yards: 2245 YDS

3A All-State, 5-3A 1st Team All-Conference, USA Today All-Arkansas Team and Tri-Lakes All-Area Team selection. In Week 4 was selected as THV11 Redzone Player of the Week. In Week 5 was selected as Arkansas Democrat Gazette performer of the week. In week 7, his 99-yard game-winning touchdown run was selected by MaxPreps.com as it's #6 national play of the week. In week 9, was named a MaxPreps.com National Stat Star of the Week after a 380 yards rushing and 4 touchdown performance. Going into the playoffs lead the state in rushing yards regardless of classification. Also lead Harmony Grove football team in rushing attempts (194), rushing yards (1916), rushing touchdowns (20), YPC (9.9), KOR attempts (9) KOR return yards (310), KOR touchdowns (2) and all-purposed yards (2245). 2015 U.S. Army National Combine Selection.

Received a visit at Harmony Grove HS from Arkansas Razorback tight ends coach Barry Lunney on December 4th. He is receiving interest from SMU and Tulsa. Was invited and attended Oklahoma State Jr Day on January 25th.

2014 Junior Highlights:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2636432/highlights/184979375

MaxPreps Game by Game Stats:
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jon-johnson/1nQs4SRhEeS00gAmVebEWg/gendersport/football-stats.htm#year=14-15

MaxPreps national high school football stat stars:
http://www.maxpreps.com/news/R554H4LYBkWlzLxalftf9Q/maxpreps-national-high-school-football-stat-stars.htm

Max Preps Top 10 Play of the week - October 20:
http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?videoid=f200054f-1d84-d174-1b5b-0505351c33bd

http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?videoid=69d2bda9-fe7a-dde3-6b6a-6d878d716ff9

WooPig90

There are some good RBs, but i dont think we sign any RBs from inside the state next year. JMO

redleg

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

PaintballHog

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 28, 2015, 10:13:39 am
There are some good RBs, but i dont think we sign any RBs from inside the state next year. JMO

I agree. With our whole offense going through the running game, we need ELITE guys coming in going forward.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on January 23, 2015, 01:16:45 pm
Harmony grove has a d1 football player. My how times are changing
Hell..! DMAC came from Oak Grove... UNOWUTIMEAN Verne..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 28, 2015, 10:13:39 am

Well, I would take Crockett as a 2nd RB in the class, but I do think we need one truly elite RB to come in as well.

1highhog

Quote from: CodeRed on January 28, 2015, 10:05:45 am
Jon Johnson
Class: 2016
Height: 6'-1"
Weight: 200

2014 Stats: (9 games missed the last 2 due to injury)
Rushing: 194 Att 1916 Yds 9.9 YPC 20 TD 
Receiving: 4 Rec 69 YDS 173 YPC 1 TD
KOR: 9 Att 310 Yds 31.0 YPR 2 TDS
All-purpose yards: 2245 YDS

3A All-State, 5-3A 1st Team All-Conference, USA Today All-Arkansas Team and Tri-Lakes All-Area Team selection. In Week 4 was selected as THV11 Redzone Player of the Week. In Week 5 was selected as Arkansas Democrat Gazette performer of the week. In week 7, his 99-yard game-winning touchdown run was selected by MaxPreps.com as it's #6 national play of the week. In week 9, was named a MaxPreps.com National Stat Star of the Week after a 380 yards rushing and 4 touchdown performance. Going into the playoffs lead the state in rushing yards regardless of classification. Also lead Harmony Grove football team in rushing attempts (194), rushing yards (1916), rushing touchdowns (20), YPC (9.9), KOR attempts (9) KOR return yards (310), KOR touchdowns (2) and all-purposed yards (2245). 2015 U.S. Army National Combine Selection.

Received a visit at Harmony Grove HS from Arkansas Razorback tight ends coach Barry Lunney on December 4th. He is receiving interest from SMU and Tulsa. Was invited and attended Oklahoma State Jr Day on January 25th.

2014 Junior Highlights:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2636432/highlights/184979375

MaxPreps Game by Game Stats:
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jon-johnson/1nQs4SRhEeS00gAmVebEWg/gendersport/football-stats.htm#year=14-15

MaxPreps national high school football stat stars:
http://www.maxpreps.com/news/R554H4LYBkWlzLxalftf9Q/maxpreps-national-high-school-football-stat-stars.htm

Max Preps Top 10 Play of the week - October 20:
http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?videoid=f200054f-1d84-d174-1b5b-0505351c33bd

http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?videoid=69d2bda9-fe7a-dde3-6b6a-6d878d716ff9

I've never watched him play in person, just seen him in the video clips you posted of him.  What's his 40 time?  You have an unusually large amount of information on this kid, do you go to School with him or are you a relative or perhaps his Dad?  Just curious, in any case, seems to be a fine RB, whether he gets a call to the Hill or not it looks as though he'll have a good offer somewhere to play ball and get a great education in return, can't beat that.

#1BOOM

Monta Thomas is a 6'0 195 pound sophomore from Hermitage.. He'll be the next great RB to come out of Arkansas..

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: #1BOOM on January 28, 2015, 06:27:52 pm
Monta Thomas is a 6'0 195 pound sophomore from Hermitage.. He'll be the next great RB to come out of Arkansas..
He will be a stud when it's all said and done.

MrKlem10

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: MrKlem10 on January 28, 2015, 07:42:17 pm
He better move to Warren
I agree... He will have some help in Warren and coaching that will help him get to the next level

XX

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 28, 2015, 11:29:08 pm
I agree... He will have some help in Warren and coaching that will help him get to the next level
Good football players in Warren...just don't like the swamp people that live there.  Where did you say you were from?
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

O Shucky

Quote from: 1highhog on January 28, 2015, 03:46:48 pm
I've never watched him play in person, just seen him in the video clips you posted of him.  What's his 40 time?  You have an unusually large amount of information on this kid, do you go to School with him or are you a relative or perhaps his Dad?  Just curious, in any case, seems to be a fine RB, whether he gets a call to the Hill or not it looks as though he'll have a good offer somewhere to play ball and get a great education in return, can't beat that.

Thanks, that was thorough.

Wahls

I've been real critical of Pettway as a D1 prospect, but his teammate Hopkins?

S-t-u-d. I don't know about someone calling him the  "best ever" at Nashville but he's gonna be just awesome.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: seXual cHOGolate on January 29, 2015, 12:28:06 am
Good football players in Warren...just don't like the swamp people that live there.  Where did you say you were from?
I spent my middles school and high school days in Bradley County and would gladly go back if the opportunity arose!!!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Wahls on January 29, 2015, 06:33:21 am
I've been real critical of Pettway as a D1 prospect, but his teammate Hopkins?

S-t-u-d. I don't know about someone calling him the  "best ever" at Nashville but he's gonna be just awesome.
I have heard from a lot of my nashville buddies that he could go down as the best... I'm not sure who the best ever was... Maybe whitmore? He's one of the best I have seen at the high school level. Not sure of others.

CodeRed

Quote from: 1highhog on January 28, 2015, 03:46:48 pm

4.5 40. No I'm not a relative just a Harmony Grove supporter. All the information I mentioned all came from various Harmony Grove's Athletics and recruiting websites (HUDL, MaxPreps, Facebook, Twitter). I quess you just have to know where to look.

Wahls

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 29, 2015, 08:16:23 am
I have heard from a lot of my nashville buddies that he could go down as the best... I'm not sure who the best ever was... Maybe whitmore? He's one of the best I have seen at the high school level. Not sure of others.

Even though Whitmore didn't really pan out in college, make no mistake, he is one of best I've ever seen at HS level, bar none. Dominant in a way you don't see too often.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.