Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The next Elite RB from Arkansas?

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, January 23, 2015, 12:24:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Who is the next big time RB coming up in Arkansas high school football? 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

BentleyHawgFan

It's worth a look at Jon Johnson from Benton Harmony Grove

IBleedRazorbackRed

Kid from Little Rock Christian. Crockett is his last name, I believe.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: BentleyHawgFan on January 23, 2015, 12:59:48 pm

Harmony grove has a d1 football player. My how times are changing

MP24

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

ricepig

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on January 23, 2015, 01:16:14 pm
Kid from Little Rock Christian. Crockett is his last name, I believe.

I don't know about elite, but what little film I saw of him was impressive.

Arthur pigby sellers.

I think about 4 names of juniors from Arkansas have been mentioned by recruiting experts. Cleo Floyd from Hot Springs I think plays offense and defense.  Hammond from LR is a junior.  There is also a RB from Pa who's been mentioned.  I'm not sure if any of them are elite but several are probably D 1.  With that being said we will possibly lose AC and JWill next year.  I have little doubt we will sign an elite RB.

#1 STUNNA

Nashville has one that has a chance to be elite.. Could end up being the best ever at nashville

PorkRinds

I've got as close to a "source" as you can have with AC, and I think he stays after next year unless he just has a monster season and is a hot commodity.  He thinks he needs a season as a feature back, and won't have that until JWill is gone.  Take that for whatever you think it's worth.

whippersnapper

1 guy the hogs are sleeping on is Carl Turner of Newport. Lsu and Missouri have both been to Newport more then once to talk with him and the HC. He is a great hs tailback but I really think he would be the perfect fullback for us. He loves contact and is 5'9 225. This isn't a kid we can ask to walk on or try to get late. This is his highlight his from his freshman all state year. He was voted all state again this year as a junior. 

http://youtu.be/q2EhgxuPpRM

CDBHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 23, 2015, 01:22:14 pm
I've got as close to a "source" as you can have with AC, and I think he stays after next year unless he just has a monster season and is a hot commodity.  He thinks he needs a season as a feature back, and won't have that until JWill is gone.  Take that for whatever you think it's worth.

A lot can change when you become draft eligible. Just saying.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 23, 2015, 01:20:32 pm
I think about 4 names of juniors from Arkansas have been mentioned by recruiting experts. Cleo Floyd from Hot Springs I think plays offense and defense.  Hammond from LR is a junior.  There is also a RB from Pa who's been mentioned.  I'm not sure if any of them are elite but several are probably D 1.  With that being said we will possibly lose AC and JWill next year.  I have little doubt we will sign an elite RB.

Yeah I bet we sign one instate rb next year, and then at least one stud out of state guy. Would be nice to be able to sign 3 next class, especially if Collins leaves early

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 23, 2015, 01:22:14 pm

I think he's right to think that and I think that'll happen and it will be a great season for him.

PorkRinds

Quote from: whippersnapper on January 23, 2015, 01:22:40 pm
1 guy the hogs are sleeping on is Carl Turner of Newport. Lsu and Missouri have both been to Newport more then once to talk with him and the HC. He is a great hs tailback but I really think he would be the perfect fullback for us. He loves contact and is 5'9 225. This isn't a kid we can ask to walk on or try to get late. This is his highlight his from his freshman all state year. He was voted all state again this year as a junior. 

What is the weird bull rider looking hand motion thing he's got going on? 

whippersnapper

I'm not sure, just something he did. Haha. Don't think he does as it much now though.

whippersnapper

PorkRinds

Quote from: whippersnapper on January 23, 2015, 01:27:38 pm
I'm not sure, just something he did. Haha. Don't think he does as it much now though.

Lol, yeah.  Just looked awkward.  You're right though, that kid's a bruiser.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

#1 STUNNA

Hopkins from Nashville. It would suprise me if he does not eventually get a hog offer!
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3960962/highlights/210727375

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: whippersnapper on January 23, 2015, 01:22:40 pm

Did Newport ever learn to run more than three plays w/ him?

ThisTeetsTaken

I'm thinking along the lines of Cobbs, DeAngelo Williams, D-Mac, Tennpenny, Dyer, Madre Hill, etc. 

whippersnapper

I really think arkansas high school football has the talent to send at least 1 rb a year to the hill. Am I saying stellar careers? No. But look at the best ones we've had in the past. From right here at home.

whippersnapper

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 23, 2015, 01:30:44 pm
Did Newport ever learn to run more than three plays w/ him?
Are you asking based on the film or because you watched Newport this season? 

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: whippersnapper on January 23, 2015, 01:34:29 pm
Are you asking based on the film or because you watched Newport this season?

Just based off the first four minutes of that film.

#1 STUNNA

Monta Thomas might be a good one but I see him as a receiver or DB at the next level.

whippersnapper

Well probably no. Their offense hasn't changed just a whole lot since his freshman year. The offense is built to the teams strengths which that year was outside zone, draw and counter. They hung their hat on outside zone because the line was very good at it and the running backs read it well. But he does dot the I and even played a lost a full game at fullback this year.

BentleyHawgFan

sickboy

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 23, 2015, 01:32:31 pm
I'm thinking along the lines of Cobbs, DeAngelo Williams, D-Mac, Tennpenny, Dyer, Madre Hill, etc. 

If there was someone on the level of these names that was a junior or senior... you'd have heard of him by now.

HawgTrough

WPS

Bacon_Bitz

Here's how I rank every kid that's been mentioned in this thread so far:

1. Damarea Crockett - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2625784/damarea-crockett; Looks the part; size and speed combo; head and shoulders above every other one on this list.  I would guess he's the only in-state kid to get a Hog offer as a RB next year.

2. Clarence Floyd - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3077801/clarence-floyd; a little undersized but shows some real physicality on defense.

3. T.J. Hammonds - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1905248/tj-hammonds; speed back, but not sure it's elite D1 SEC speed; he is shiftier than other speed backs on this list.

4t. Jon Johnson - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2636432/jon-johnson; fast enough to outrun the competition at Harmony Grove, but nothing pops out.

4t. Daris Hopkins - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3960962/darius-hopkins; fast enough to outrun the competition at Nashville.

6. Carl Turner - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1519759/carl-turner; big and physical enough to drag smaller kids around, but doesn't lay many licks.  Not sure if it translates to high-level D1.

7. Monta Thomas - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3365082/monta-thomas; just doesn't quite have the size or speed.

I wish all these kids the best and they are all great football players, but Crockett is the only one that really stands out, and I bet he gets a Hog offer eventually.

MrKlem10

Quote from: BentleyHawgFan on January 23, 2015, 12:59:48 pm

Not elite.... Good size and strong,  but missing that last gear

#1 STUNNA

Both Hopkins and Thomas are both sophomores. They will both grow in the next two seasons.

COCHISE

Looking at the list of 2016 backs, tOSU has 2 of the top 5 and Ole Miss has 2 of the top 10 already committed. My two least favorite schools. Great!

Love those Hogs

Fells from PA was impressive this past year.  He will be a Junior next year. 
Hogs 4 Life!

carolinahogger

One of these things is not like the others.

JaketheSnake

swinesation

If there was an elite RB in Arkansas who was going to be a senior next year, he'd already have an offer.

I saw every one of Crockett's games last year. He has speed and power - great determination near the goal line. Very little wiggle, average acceleration/burst. Easy to tackle until he gets going, then difficult for one guy to bring down.

sickboy

WBC Hog

Quote from: carolinahogger on January 23, 2015, 03:22:32 pm
One of these things is not like the others.

Tennpenny has not been significant. All he could do was play special teams. That's a heck of a lot more than I could do though.

IBleedRazorbackRed

lol

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: WBC Hog on January 23, 2015, 04:23:43 pm
Tennpenny has not been significant. All he could do was play special teams. That's a heck of a lot more than I could do though.
Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on January 23, 2015, 04:41:24 pm
lol
Highly recruited running back from the state regardless of anything else.

carolinahogger

Quote from: WBC Hog on January 23, 2015, 04:23:43 pm
Tennpenny has not been significant. All he could do was play special teams.

Winner!  I don't think Tenpenny has proven to be elite at all. 

choppedporkextrasauce

putting Tennpenny, DW, and Dyer aside the name Cobbs, Hill,and Dmac is an insult.

razorfrog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 23, 2015, 01:21:09 pm
Nashville has one that has a chance to be elite.. Could end up being the best ever at nashville
Nope.  Kid has too skinny of a build.  He wont be able to play RB at the D1 level.  More of a basketball player/WR type.  Bad work ethic though

razorfrog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 23, 2015, 02:06:53 pm
Both Hopkins and Thomas are both sophomores. They will both grow in the next two seasons.
Hopkins hasnt grown since 7th grade.  He is done growing

RazorPiggie

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on January 23, 2015, 09:22:59 pm
putting Tennpenny, DW, and Dyer aside the name Cobbs, Hill,and Dmac is an insult.

One is actually doing pretty well in the NFL

Tsarcasm

I cant believe Peyton Hillis has is not on anyone's list  ???
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: razorfrog on January 23, 2015, 09:35:21 pm
Nope.  Kid has too skinny of a build.  He wont be able to play RB at the D1 level.  More of a basketball player/WR type.  Bad work ethic though

Very non physical as well

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on January 23, 2015, 09:22:59 pm
Dyer accomplished more in his college career than did Hill.  Sad but true.

hvsupastar

I'm afraid the next great one from Arkansas is going play for LaTech next year
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln