Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 star prospect set to visit Arkansas this weekend

Started by jbdavidson15, January 21, 2015, 12:17:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Otis

Quote from: Doug on January 27, 2015, 06:55:39 pm
I know I'm one of the people you're directing this to. I said my piece and did my "Mea Culpa". All due respect, if you didn't see it, that's not my fault. It is, however, in this thread (on one of the previous 11 pages somewhere). :)
And I'll refer anyone that asks me to name my sources to yet another post earlier in this thread (I think it's on Page 3). Top, appreciate the nod, haha!
D.S. nailed it... something I alluded to within this thread, as well.

So, going forward, any info that I have will be shared PRIVATELY and with select people... pretty sure that I'm not the only one that feels this way, especially after reading the sh*t some of you are saying.

Some of you are truly pathetic. Your actions (on here and on Twitter) are rife with Tweener angst and logic. Can't wait for some of y'all to grow up.

As someone else said, we're dealing with kids here... like it or not, 18 years old may legally be an adult, but they're still damn kids. Dealing with adults like half of you in this thread... no wonder there's several of us that speak up regularly about not tweeting or posting stupid sh*t to recruits and wondering about your own maturity levels.

Oh, and as kids, they're bound to change their minds faster than some of you gettin' your panties in a wad.... which is pretty damn fast.

--OUT

Otis

Doug- since hes not coming, go ahead and tell us who it was. No reason to hold out now. You can't be blamed for his not visiting for giving his name since he's not coming. Right?

jesterzzn

Quote from: hogfan870 on January 27, 2015, 06:35:45 pm
Seems to me that holding posters accountable for posting "I know it's true, but I can't tell you," and attempting to legitimize what would otherwise be thought of as a total BS tweet, would be a good thing for the board.  Maybe cut down a little on the Gruden type - "oh what, did you read that on Hogville?" jokes and stuff.  Maybe that is just me. 

That being said, I am done with this thread/debate.  Can't believe I have spent as much time as I have on it.

I used to be a poster with info from inside the business offices of a multi-million dollar razorback foundation patron.  Back in the day when I shared something a mod might PM me for a source, which I was happy to provide for the most part. 

At some point that stopped and when I shared info that didn't fit the template of general board consensus, my posts were deleted (for the record I've never been wrong about anything I posted about, and you can check my post history to verify that if you like...or at least the ones that remain -- example:  I predicted The SEC would offer aTm the first time and then predicted the aTm board would vote no.  I even gave you which board members voted which way before the vote was even public).  I don't share much anymore.

Not out of butt hurt so much as out of laziness and apathy.  Mostly, I just care less today than I did back then about being a message board hero.  I know, right?  Who doesn't want to be told how cool they are because they happen to hear a few cool things from time to time.  I guess we all grow up eventually.

But there is also the fact that if I take time to get a nice juicy tidbit of something, and it gets deleted out of hand -- well, I'd rather not bother to begin with.

tophawg19

Quote from: Doug on January 27, 2015, 06:55:39 pm
I know I'm one of the people you're directing this to. I said my piece and did my "Mea Culpa". All due respect, if you didn't see it, that's not my fault. It is, however, in this thread (on one of the previous 11 pages somewhere). :)
And I'll refer anyone that asks me to name my sources to yet another post earlier in this thread (I think it's on Page 3). Top, appreciate the nod, haha!
D.S. nailed it... something I alluded to within this thread, as well.

So, going forward, any info that I have will be shared PRIVATELY and with select people... pretty sure that I'm not the only one that feels this way, especially after reading the sh*t some of you are saying.

Some of you are truly pathetic. Your actions (on here and on Twitter) are rife with Tweener angst and logic. Can't wait for some of y'all to grow up.

As someone else said, we're dealing with kids here... like it or not, 18 years old may legally be an adult, but they're still damn kids. Dealing with adults like half of you in this thread... no wonder there's several of us that speak up regularly about not tweeting or posting stupid sh*t to recruits and wondering about your own maturity levels.

Oh, and as kids, they're bound to change their minds faster than some of you gettin' your panties in a wad.... which is pretty damn fast.

--OUT
your welcome Doug . this board is starting to get to much like the old woo pig . too many whining about free info . no worth sharing info anymore
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

Agreed jesterzzen. why waste time when they can all find out next Wednesday .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogfan870

Haha - oh please, please, pretty please guys, please don't take away your incorrect secret information that you are not going to tell us anyway. You are so much more informed because you have incorrect secret information that you only share on your secret boards that we can't read.

ArmyOfnobunaga

This thread is a case study on sycophants and character of men on the internet. (men/women I should state)

Utterly fascinating to me.

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

hogfan870

Quote from: Doug on January 24, 2015, 07:54:25 am
Gotta love this time of the year. There's a reason why I don't get into recruiting. Will definitely leave it to the experts like Richard and TomHog.

Not taking anything away from Chad here. He had credible info that kind of jived with what I saw.

Kids are apt to change their minds... meanwhile, we, as adults, just eat it all up.

That being said, don't be surprised if there's a few surprises by the time the NLI dust settles.

Is this "I still know stuff that you don't know" post your mea culpa?

Sorry just had to go look.

Steef

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 27, 2015, 08:30:37 pm
your welcome Doug . this board is starting to get to much like the old woo pig . too many whining about free info . no worth sharing info anymore

Quote from: hogfan870 on January 27, 2015, 08:36:26 pm
Haha - oh please, please, pretty please guys, please don't take away your incorrect secret information that you are not going to tell us anyway. You are so much more informed because you have incorrect secret information that you only share on your secret boards that we can't read.

You two cancel each other out. You should get together and figure that out.

Sometimes "inside" info turns out to be wrong. Or it changes because these situations with these kids is so fluid.

So sincere "informants" get crucified for not being 100% accurate. Usually by guys who dont actually bring anything to the board but complaints.

Another thread locked, that COULD have been a worthwhile conversation.