Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 star prospect set to visit Arkansas this weekend

Started by jbdavidson15, January 21, 2015, 12:17:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

whippersnapper

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: booogaga on January 21, 2015, 01:39:52 pm
Apparently this was supposed to be kept silent and has been exposed. Whoever it is. Might affect the visit happening.

No one given a name have they?

trashcan maN

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 21, 2015, 02:23:27 pm
I'm saying Marshall or Gustin or Byron Cowart (surely not).
Gustin isn't a 5* on ESPN(Chad's employer), and we didn't make Cowart's top 3.

I'd guess Daylon Mack or Iman Marshall. Marshall isn't giving USC an official visit. That's huge.

Bad News Boar

Not really. Just speculation at this point. How about we all just sit back and enjoy the process and not flip lids all day about the potential recruits that may could possibly never happen... But who am I kidding.

Some of the greatest poetry is revealing to the reader the beauty in something that was so simple you had taken it for granted.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Bad News Boar on January 21, 2015, 02:32:41 pm
Not really. Just speculation at this point. How about we all just sit back and enjoy the process and not flip lids all day about the potential recruits that may could possibly never happen... But who am I kidding.

What's the fun in that?
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Bad News Boar

Quote from: trashcan maN on January 21, 2015, 02:32:03 pm
Gustin isn't a 5* on ESPN(Chad's employer), and we didn't make Cowart's top 3.

I'd guess Daylon Mack or Iman Marshall. Marshall isn't giving USC an official visit. That's huge.

FYI-This post was made as I typed the above post-

I think him not giving USC a visit is more like Will Gragg not giving us a visit. He had been here so many times, taking an official would do nothing for him, so why not check out another school on their dime?
Some of the greatest poetry is revealing to the reader the beauty in something that was so simple you had taken it for granted.

trashcan maN

Quote from: Bad News Boar on January 21, 2015, 02:32:41 pm
How about we all just sit back and enjoy the process and not flip lids all day about the potential recruits that may could possibly never happen

ehh?

trashcan maN

Quote from: Bad News Boar on January 21, 2015, 02:34:17 pm
FYI-This post was made as I typed the above post-

I think him not giving USC a visit is more like Will Gragg not giving us a visit. He had been here so many times, taking an official would do nothing for him, so why not check out another school on their dime?

I believe Gragg OV'd at the very end.

TX HOG

Hope this doesn't just go down as one of those "secret visits" that really never happen...

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

The_Iceman

pondwater jack

Quote from: imtad16 on January 21, 2015, 12:57:25 pm
So, if you look on his interest list, it says he is being recruited by Joel Thomas and Taver Johnson. Someone at 247 is a little behind.
I think this speaks to Taver's loyalty to us.  Best money U of A ever spent.  Still paying dividends.

PWJ
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

WooPig90

secneahog

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 21, 2015, 03:01:42 pm
Doesnt even show us on the list of schools for him, we offered right??

Our staff was pretty close to his area when they saw Weathersby.  Mack has kept his recruiting quite.
Offer him when he visits...BB style.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

The NewEra

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 21, 2015, 02:55:21 pm
http://247sports.com/Player/Daylon-Mack-22227

330 Fullback? GOAL-LINE PACKAGE!

You know Mac really makes sense, especially with the recent hire  of Vernon Hargrave

secneahog

WooPig90

Quote from: secneahog on January 21, 2015, 03:06:41 pm
Our staff was pretty close to his area when they saw Weathersby.  Mack has kept his recruiting quite.
Offer him when he visits...BB style.

Just looked and we actually offered him back in the summer of 2013

ldfergu

Quote from: The NewEra on January 21, 2015, 03:11:59 pm
You know Mac really makes sense, especially with the recent hire  of Vernon Hargrave

I'm guessing they'll want him to try and fill Philons shoes?

RazorPiggie

aaronpjones21

aaronpjones21

Quote from: The NewEra on January 21, 2015, 03:11:59 pm

What am I missing? Why does this make sense? Just because he's been in the Houston area that last two years?

trashcan maN

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 21, 2015, 03:20:12 pm
What about Froholdt?
Neither Taiwan, Bijhon nor Hodge took the reins of that 2nd DT spot and left no doubt. In my eyes, there are two DT spots open for business. May the best men win.

aaronpjones21

According to twitter, Marshall visits Florida State tomorrow and I see he's slated for an LSU visit this weekend. Mack is scheduled to visit Auburn this weekend. I understand these things can change.

secneahog

Froholdt was coming way before we knew Philon was leaving.
I think adding a big time dt makes sense with Darius leaving.
Vernon probably has a relationship with Mack.

Not saying Vernon is the only reason why mack might be visiting.  Just saying it might have helped.

trashcan maN

Quote from: aaronpjones21 on January 21, 2015, 03:32:02 pm
According to twitter, Marshall visits Florida State tomorrow and I see he's slated for an LSU visit this weekend. Mack is scheduled to visit Auburn this weekend. I understand these things can change.
247 has Mack to Auburn this weekend. ESPN and Rivals have him to Texas this weekend.

Huckleberry Pig

secneahog

Quote from: aaronpjones21 on January 21, 2015, 03:30:34 pm
What am I missing? Why does this make sense? Just because he's been in the Houston area that last two years?

Vernon is very respected in Texas. HS coaches really like the guy. But no big time recruit will go to Houston over a big time school. Now Vernon goes to a big time school and the school is close to the recruit...Makes sense.

PaintballHog

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 21, 2015, 03:34:12 pm
I must say, this is a fun time of year

Drama, grown men hanging on every word of teenage boys, the ups, the downs, the hope, the disappointments, the rumors, the speculation, the surprises....yea,  what's not to like. lol

In all seriousness, I am glued to my computer, twitter, instagram, recruiting services,  and the Tune-In app this time of year.

God's Blessings on Richard Davenport for allllllllllllllll he does and puts up with this time of the year.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

The NewEra

If you haven't seen Mack's video highlights yet, you need to go see this. This kid has amazing speed, athleticism, quickness and hands for a 330 pound man. He runs the ball like a traditional fullback, catches it out of the backfield and out runs cornerbacks.  And he plays mean on the defensive side of the ball. If this is the guy they are talking about I would love to have him on our team. He would play year one and Bielema  would have some special place for him. 

www.hudl.com/athlete/.../114909376

East TN HAWG

Quote from: The NewEra on January 21, 2015, 03:44:47 pm
If you haven't seen Mack's video highlights yet, you need to go see this. This kid has amazing speed, athleticism, quickness and hands for a 330 pound man. He runs the ball like a traditional fullback, catches it out of the backfield and out runs cornerbacks.  And he plays mean on the defensive side of the ball. If this is the guy they are talking about I would love to have him on our team. He would play year one and Bielema  would have some special place for him. 

www.hudl.com/athlete/.../114909376

Oh no!! Big Tex all over again.

The NewEra

secneahog

Mack has kept his recruitment quite. Sure he noticed our dline vs Texas.

collegestationhog

I may have missed it, does anyone for sure this person is uncommitted

The NewEra

Quote from: secneahog on January 21, 2015, 03:48:03 pm
Mack has kept his recruitment quite. Sure he noticed our dline vs Texas.

I'm sure you're right. And by the way I agree with your sentiments about Hargreaves.

trashcan maN

Quote from: collegestationhog on January 21, 2015, 03:49:23 pm
I may have missed it, does anyone for sure this person is uncommitted
Are you suggesting that we may be hosting a...........................................secret visitor committed elsewhere??

collegestationhog

Quote from: trashcan maN on January 21, 2015, 03:52:06 pm
Are you suggesting that we may be hosting a...........................................secret visitor committed elsewhere??
Just curious is all.

secneahog

Quote from: trashcan maN on January 21, 2015, 03:52:06 pm

Start tracking the planes.

SwineGrind

Darius Winston was a 5 star. Darius Rucker would have played the position better.

However I am excited!

secneahog

Quote from: SwineGrind on January 21, 2015, 04:06:17 pm
Darius Winston was a 5 star. Darius Rucker would have played the position better.

However I am excited!

Ok.

trashcan maN

secneahog

Quote from: trashcan maN on January 21, 2015, 04:43:09 pm
You need to watch your mouth, boy

I hear ya, son.  Change your avatar. .that one is played out.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

From the messenger, the kid is from Cali. Prob who CBB visited on his way to see Blake our punter.  That is why my guess is IM.  Plays def and is a 5* and is from Cali.  Makes since

davispard

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on January 21, 2015, 04:58:27 pm
From the messenger, the kid is from Cali. Prob who CBB visited on his way to see Blake our punter.  That is why my guess is IM.  Plays def and is a 5* and is from Cali.  Makes since
You make way to much common sense on this for this Board, but I totally agree. 

Waldron_Hog

Daylon mack would be giving up too much money not visiting auburn haha.

jjdlc

Nice to be getting surprise visits from 5*s this late in the game.

Thepigdoctor

Espn had run a little blurb (as did SDS) that Cowart had some interest in the hogs at a point. Same with Beckner. We've been associated with Marshall for quite some time. We'd all be happy with any of the three.

For biggest need and impact, I'd love to see Marshall call the Hogs. Kid is a stud, but then again, all three of these guys are pretty much can't miss guys.