5 star prospect set to visit Arkansas this weekend

Started by jbdavidson15, January 21, 2015, 12:17:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosboar Accubond

Scott7703

trashcan maN

I believed scruf when he said it wasnt Marshall ;/

ricepig

Why are y'all arguing over it, we all know he won't make it, that's the way it always goes.......

SwineGrind

The issues was the name is being release. In fear that it may result in the recruit now not making the trip.that is if I read into the situation correctly.

WBC Hog

No matter who it is, I'm impressed with the staff. They're doing a great job to say the least.

Vcloudv

Quote from: SwineGrind on January 21, 2015, 05:29:06 pm
The issues was the name is being release. In fear that it may result in the recruit now not making the trip.that is if I read into the situation correctly.

I find ideas like this completely asinine. Why does it matter that a kids name is brought up and how does it affect them coming or not? If he wants to visit, the fans knowing that he is coming should have no affect. Apparently the coaches have put in the time, developed relationships and convinced the player to use one of his five officials on our school. So now that we know that he is coming to visit, he cancels said visit...... Stories like these have always confused me. If hes coming to visit for real he will visit regardless of fan base knowledge or not. If he never had intentions of visiting then he can use this as an excuse.

secneahog

Quote from: Vcloudv on January 21, 2015, 06:05:30 pm
I find ideas like this completely asinine. Why does it matter that a kids name is brought up and how does it affect them coming or not? If he wants to visit, the fans knowing that he is coming should have no affect. Apparently the coaches have put in the time, developed relationships and convinced the player to use one of his five officials on our school. So now that we know that he is coming to visit, he cancels said visit...... Stories like these have always confused me. If hes coming to visit for real he will visit regardless of fan base knowledge or not. If he never had intentions of visiting then he can use this as an excuse.

Usually they are committed somewhere else and don't want it getting out that their visiting somewhere else.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

SwineGrind

Quote from: secneahog on January 21, 2015, 06:08:24 pm
Usually they are committed somewhere else and don't want it getting out that their visiting somewhere else.
right. The then committed to school finds aa way to prevent the visit.

lefty08

Quote from: Vcloudv on January 21, 2015, 06:05:30 pm

Because some schools will pull an offer if a committed prospect visits elsewhere. They don't want to risk losing a spot to visit what may be their 5th choice at the time
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Huckleberry Pig

Well played waldron.

Also, doesn't it seems like this whole "secret visitor but name gets released so visitor cancels" happens to us at least once a year?  Frustrating if he really does cancel cause someone couldn't keep their darn mouth shut.

secneahog

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 21, 2015, 06:17:43 pm
Well played waldron.

Also, doesn't it seems like this whole "secret visitor but name gets released so visitor cancels" happens to us at least once a year?  Frustrating if he really does cancel cause someone couldn't keep their darn mouth shut.

All I've heard is its a 5 star.  That's not leaking a name. Hope it's all good.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

scorekeeper

Wouldn't the school that the recruit is currently committed to eventually find out?
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Vcloudv

So what your telling me is that if his name gets leaked early then the supposed school he is committed to will pull his offer but if he makes it here and then the school finds out they don't pull his offer because he was able to officially visit elsewhere without them knowing up front? If its a top rated player and a school pulls his offer because he visits elsewhere, then whoever makes that decision to pull the offer is dumb imo.

Thepigdoctor

So leak the name and let that school rescind schollie, could only stabs to benefit us! Recruiting is a dirty bidniz

ricepig

5* recruits don't have offers pulled, lol, or at least not for taking visits.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkSoda

I could see where a if word got out the kid would receive a lot of hometown backlash, and choose not to visit at the last minute.  but honestly, it just seems 'much ado about nothing' until we have an official list of visitors.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ADavisTheGOAT

Hey I'll take Marshall or Mack. Both of them are game changers.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Qadi999

Quote from: Vcloudv on January 21, 2015, 06:52:34 pm
So what your telling me is that if his name gets leaked early then the supposed school he is committed to will pull his offer but if he makes it here and then the school finds out they don't pull his offer because he was able to officially visit elsewhere without them knowing up front? If its a top rated player and a school pulls his offer because he visits elsewhere, then whoever makes that decision to pull the offer is dumb imo.
It happened last year kid from Ok st was going to come visit and Ok st found out because hos name was released on twitter and they forced him to cancel his visit.

TrueBlue

Just found out. If it happens, it will be icing on the cake.

hawg1221

What's been confusing me all day is when this thread came out earlier, an article from 247 came out nearly the same time talking about Inman's upcoming trip to LSU and details of his schedule. How can Inman be visiting Arkansas?? ???

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on January 21, 2015, 12:45:39 pm
I'd say minimal, but HV will have a silent commit before he visits.
minimal?? AYSM? Why the hell would he come to Arkansas??? To hunt n fish?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 21, 2015, 07:58:05 pm
minimal?? AYSM? Why the hell would he come to Arkansas??? To hunt n fish?

I guess you think he's a silent commit then, ok.......

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 21, 2015, 07:56:14 pm
What's been confusing me all day is when this thread came out earlier, an article from 247 came out nearly the same time talking about Inman's upcoming trip to LSU and details of his schedule. How can Inman be visiting Arkansas?? ???

Well the thought would be that LSU is out after their 2 other high profile CBs

trashcan maN

Quote from: ricepig on January 21, 2015, 08:08:28 pm
He's committed bro. "Take it to the bank" "It's a done deal" ;D

davispard

Quote from: trashcan maN on January 21, 2015, 08:24:37 pm
Aha; to be young and impulsive again.  But,alas, I'm way pass that time in life. But, I hope, "youth springs eternal" in you...!!!!

secneahog

Quote from: trashcan maN on January 21, 2015, 08:24:37 pm

Ok. KjON ...give me your guess. 1 guy..

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: trashcan maN on January 21, 2015, 03:31:56 pm
Neither Taiwan, Bijhon nor Hodge took the reins of that 2nd DT spot and left no doubt. In my eyes, there are two DT spots open for business. May the best men win.
Best part is that neither of the 3 suck as a choice either...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogMantheIntruder

Where would this put our class ranking IF he actually committed?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Augustus

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on January 21, 2015, 12:41:45 pm
Kid has offers from pretty much every major school in the country.

If it's indeed him how realistic are our chances?

I would usually agree, but... with Robb Smith/Herbert here and the Hargreaves hire?

Plus, our defense shutout two ranked SEC teams, in two straight games.  Then, held Texas to 59 total Offense yards in a bowl game.

That HAS to grab the attention from some of these highly ranked recruits.

If it's Iman Marshall... GOOD LORD that would be a HUGE get, especially beating out all of the other schools that are offering him.

The one interesting thing is... of the top listed "favorite" schools for Marshall (USC, LSU, Michigan, FSU, Notre Dame)... we are trending upwards more than any of those. But, some of those schools sell themselves. This will be interesting.

Hogginout

Hogs 4 Life

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: davispard on January 21, 2015, 01:05:25 pm
People on here and other Boards "dog" Coach Thomas on his recruiting, but he was the contact on Marshall, and has been in constant contact....

Please remember your post here when Marshall signs w/ USC.  If we sign any player that JT is the lead on near Marshall's caliber I'll gladly eat my crow.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Doug

If what I've been told comes to fruition, several of you will be eating your own words from another thread in MMQB and in Recruiting.

I'll probably demand that some of you turn in your Hog fan cards, too. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Break & Run

We were on CeCe Jefferson early...maybe it's CeCe.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on January 21, 2015, 08:08:28 pm
nobody said that. You guys need to stop with the Poorlilolearkiesaw darn. Now it's completely out of the question that one 5* kid would lower himself to visit Arkansas?
Have a little pride, men!!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

The NewEra

Quote from: Doug on January 21, 2015, 08:55:23 pm
If what I've been told comes to fruition, several of you will be eating your own words from another thread in MMQB and in Recruiting.

May I buy a front row seat to this event?

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Augustus on January 21, 2015, 08:48:15 pm
I would usually agree, but... with Robb Smith/Herbert here and the Hargreaves hire?

Plus, our defense shutout two ranked SEC teams, in two straight games.  Then, held Texas to 59 total Offense yards in a bowl game.

That HAS to grab the attention from some of these highly ranked recruits.

If it's Iman Marshall... GOOD LORD that would be a HUGE get, especially beating out all of the other schools that are offering him.

The one interesting thing is... of the top listed "favorite" schools for Marshall (USC, LSU, Michigan, FSU, Notre Dame)... we are trending upwards more than any of those. But, some of those schools sell themselves. This will be interesting.

He has an offer from Vandy.

He grades out .9985 on 247.  That basically means his only weakness is how he ties his shoes.

And if we offer, it means he's been vetted and is not a head case.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Pig in the Pokey

see? why can't ya'll be more like the bear?
@Slackaveli

mccurdy

They will also owe Richard a apology.

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

ghostzapper

I love it when people claim to know something but can't reveal their info or source, like they're Woodward and Bernstein unraveling Watergate and protecting Deep Throat.

redeye

I very well may be wrong, but it seems like I remember Blake Johnson being friends with Iman Marshall.  Seems like I read that on Richard's site long before he committed, but I can't find it now.  I also saw something the other day that made me wonder if Marshall would visit, but I can't recall what it was, except that it had nothing to do with Hogville.

Porter Gustin seems like a logical choice, but Richard has made several comments that made it seem unlikely he would visit.  Things can quickly change, though.

Quote from: Poppa Tart on January 21, 2015, 08:46:44 pm
Where would this put our class ranking IF he actually committed?

Tell me who it is and I'll let you know.

Seriously, it'll depend on the numerical rating, but needless to say, it would help a lot.  Even though we have a lot of 4-star commitments, we don't have many high 4-star, or any 5-star, commitments and that's the difference between where we're ranked and some higher ranked teams with similar classes (Oregon has been a good example of this, but I haven't looked at their class recently to know if they still are.)

Hogfaniam

Tease.

You drop this stuff on us and then I look over and your little green light is out.  Wth man?!? 8)

goshog

Coach Thomas is in Cali visiting Blake Johnson tonight.

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 21, 2015, 08:59:08 pm
nobody said that. You guys need to stop with the Poorlilolearkiesaw darn. Now it's completely out of the question that one 5* kid would lower himself to visit Arkansas?
Have a little pride, men!!!

Never said that, try reading my response. I said our chances were minimal on signing him, thus 20% or less.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: ricepig on January 21, 2015, 09:11:58 pm
Never said that, try reading my response. I said our chances were minimal on signing him, thus 20% or less.

Right now, EVERYBODY ( those that prognosticate for a living) are saying USCw.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

This is an exciting time of the year and lots of fun, but it sure can make a fan crazy. :razorback:

It's going to be an intense finish!