Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 by the numbers...1/25/15 update

Started by CDBHawg, January 12, 2015, 08:23:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

Loewen won't be moving . he has a chance to be a starter with the way he finished last year
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

CDBHawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 25, 2015, 12:14:14 pm
unless some corners can play safety , we are to short there . Santos hopefully can fill one spot

Pettway possibly. And I bet we sign one.

Slimac4

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 25, 2015, 12:15:32 pm
Loewen won't be moving . he has a chance to be a starter with the way he finished last year

Chill out and let the coaches do their jobs. They've got a plan and we'll be fine.

Uncommon

tophawg19

Quote from: Slimac4 on January 25, 2015, 12:20:18 pm
Chill out and let the coaches do their jobs. They've got a plan and we'll be fine.
coaches did their job last year. did you watch this kid last year? by the end of the year he was playing as well as anyone. very disruptive . Especially for a kid who has been a TE up till now
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

CDBHawg

4 spots left.

I'll go with:

Weathersby
Hill
Jackson
Scott

hview

Would it be worth adding the walkons such as Chris Jones at FB? Some will likely add depth.

Uncommon

Quote from: hview on January 26, 2015, 09:23:06 pm
Would it be worth adding the walkons such as Chris Jones at FB? Some will likely add depth.
This is a scholarship player only breakdown.  However, I could see us awarding scholarships to some walk-ons if there are scholarships available.  Some walk-on candidates for those:
CB Kevin Richardson
K Adam McFain
FB Chris Jones
DE Karl Roesler

CDBHawg

Quote from: Uncommon on January 26, 2015, 09:26:13 pm
This is a scholarship player only breakdown.  However, I could see us awarding scholarships to some walk-ons if there are scholarships available.  Some walk-on candidates for those:
CB Kevin Richardson
K Adam McFain
FB Chris Jones
DE Karl Roesler

I see Richardson & Roesler being scholarship worthy no doubt. Only question is how they get one. If we sign a full class, all 85 spots are filled.

Next year will be more interesting with only 13 seniors on the team.

Tim Harris

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 27, 2015, 08:16:36 am
I see Richardson & Roesler being scholarship worthy no doubt. Only question is how they get one. If we sign a full class, all 85 spots are filled.

Next year will be more interesting with only 13 seniors on the team.

Will that be the year we finally start to "process" kids like Bama does?

CDBHawg

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 27, 2015, 08:17:14 am

Ha....I've thought the same.

Numbers always work themselves out. LOL

Truthfully, I think it's more of a testament how well you've recruited when you have less attrition. Even if that means signing less than 25. Balanced classes of course.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 27, 2015, 08:17:14 am

What year will the 4 year scholarship to effect, and will it be retroactive, or will it be as a friend of mine used to call it, " radioactive"?

hawginbigd1

Bump this. I really like the depth we are building, there are only a few upper class men that are questionable SEC players IMO!

Pig In The City

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 23, 2015, 04:26:39 pm
to many DE's And DL. To few OL  is correct . no need for 11 DE's unless some are left over and not expected to play .with the o-line injuries could really hurt . we need 2 more and should have at least 16 minimum at all times
We may need to convert some of the DE's to LB.  We look thin there imo.

Uncommon

Bump for LB Kendrick Jackson's verbal commitment to Arkansas.