Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

Quote from: ur on January 07, 2012, 06:07:37 pm
Last two bowl games. I am liking the over with Godaddy (65) and the under with Nat champ (40). What do you guys think?

I like the over in the national championship a lot. Godaddy no clue, but I'm leaning N. Illinois.

ur

Quote from: yraciv on January 08, 2012, 04:56:18 pm
I like the over in the national championship a lot. Godaddy no clue, but I'm leaning N. Illinois.
I hate betting the under. In fact, if I don't think it will be an over I usually don't bet on the game. Things that make me think it might be under. Previous game score, one month layoff, OC for Bama is splitting time as HC at Col. State, only two teams have scored more than 20 points on LSU, only one team has scored more than 20 on bama. Now watch it be a shootout. :)

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Well had to get some down for today. Chance of making a great year a spectacular one.

Giants +1.5 3 units
Ravens +7 for 3 units.

3 unit two team parlay the same way.
Let's make some waves.

Jon Ham

Quote from: Jon Ham on January 22, 2012, 10:59:22 am
I like the over for both games today.

I can't bring myself to bet totals today. Frigid in Foxboro and slop in SF
If I had to bet it I would go the same way you are mainly because I hate the under.
Let's make some waves.

Porked Tongue

Love the 41 over in the SF/NYG game.  Best play of the weekend.

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 22, 2012, 05:37:59 pm
Love the 41 over in the SF/NYG game.  Best play of the weekend.

Eh again I hate totals. Actually like the under there but won't bet it.
Let's make some waves.

Porked Tongue

I can see DEF/ST scoring.  But no doubt totals can be rough.  I'd also take NYG if was playing today.

I figure NE is going to be the Super Bowl favorite around 3 regardless of the opponent.

Well conf champ weekend was great to me.  Hit both for 3 units each plus the two team parlay for three units the same way. +13.5 units for the weekend.

Gonna try and do it again today.

G-men +3 for three units.

Under 54 for 3 units and a two teamer the same way for 3.
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: hogfanintx on February 05, 2012, 09:31:40 am
Well conf champ weekend was great to me.  Hit both for 3 units each plus the two team parlay for three units the same way. +13.5 units for the weekend.

Gonna try and do it again today.

G-men +3 for three units.

Under 54 for 3 units and a two teamer the same way for 3.

Good Lord Man!! You couldn't have been more perfect the past 2 weeks. I should have tailed you. Looking forward to next Sept.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on February 05, 2012, 11:31:42 pm
Good Lord Man!! You couldn't have been more perfect the past 2 weeks. I should have tailed you. Looking forward to next Sept.

Thanks man. Great finish to the season.  I will play a little on the bases, but otherwise really looking forward to next sept as well.
Let's make some waves.

Hooch

August 22, 2012, 08:46:39 pm #561 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:53:57 pm by Hooch
Come on Will Clinton give me some pics bub, actually kind of forgot how spot on Hogfanintx was at the end of the year. 

hawgwild child

i dont want this thread to get buried.  im ready for sum picks next week.  spreads come out monday next week?

Well guys it is that time again.  I am fired up for the season.   Great year last year, and expecting an even better one this year.
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

WOOOOO PIGGGGGGG SOOOOIIIIIEEEEEE

This is how I know it's almost time for the season.

I was wondering if it was worth it for a new thread. I'd like to be able to keep up with everyone's record, but when I went back through this thread, after like 3 pages I was spending more time seeing if the picks were posted before the game, or just to gloat after the win.

I will have picks for week 1 up by Wednesday of next week. Taking 20 hours this semester, working 40 hours a week and trying to have some semblance of a life outside of that will make it hard, but I will give it my best shot.

Quote from: Hooch on August 22, 2012, 08:46:39 pm
Come on Will Clinton give me some pics bub, actually kind of forgot how spot on Hogfanintx was at the end of the year. 

I honestly don't think I've seen anyone on a better run than he finished football on last year.

WILL CLINTON

I couldn't help myself....so here you go

All of these are leans, not picks. I am also looking at some games because of line movements.

USCe -7 @ Vandy
Tulsa -1 @ Iowa St (this may move to a pick'em or even Tulsa +1)
Miami +1 @ BC (this line began at UM -2.5 and moved to BC -1 even with 88% of the bets coming in on UM)
Clemson -3 @ Auburn
Oklahoma -31 @ UTEP (Stoops isn't one for playing nice, they should have this covered by halftime.)

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Auburn +3. Clem has key players susp
Navy +17 Rees n starting lb out for ND
NC State +3.5. Glennon should dominate tenn secondary

Just leans not picks.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on August 22, 2012, 11:01:14 pm
Auburn +3. Clem has key players susp
Navy +17 Rees n starting lb out for ND
NC State +3.5. Glennon should dominate tenn secondary

Just leans not picks.

I like the Navy lean, it caught my eye earlier.

I just don't think, with no QB situated, average at best skill players on both sides of the ball (yes I know about lugenhocker) that Auburn can hang with Clemson. Sammy Watkins is good, but I still think that Clemson offense hums along without him. Tahj Boyd isn't a slouch.

I just plain don't like the Tennessee game. Started out at Tenn -7, and is now Tenn - 3.5 or maybe 4.

I will post some picks next week.  Gonna finish my preseason studying this week evaluating some of the west coast squads.  Will finish my prep work with a final check on who is suspended where and for how long. For whatever reason it seems like this last weekend before the start a lot of arrests are made. Dunno if that's true it just seems that way.
Let's make some waves.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on August 22, 2012, 11:21:26 pm
I like the Navy lean, it caught my eye earlier.

I just don't think, with no QB situated, average at best skill players on both sides of the ball (yes I know about lugenhocker) that Auburn can hang with Clemson. Sammy Watkins is good, but I still think that Clemson offense hums along without him. Tahj Boyd isn't a slouch.

I just plain don't like the Tennessee game. Started out at Tenn -7, and is now Tenn - 3.5 or maybe 4.

i like nc state b/c well tenn is just tenn..  nc st at home will be fired up and they have a talented rb also who gets no attention..  Tenn not sure Bray is the answer at qb..  they have problems that need to be addressed and not sure if it will in week 1..  I'm gonna watch the line some more but i'm not touching under a fg..

hawgwild child

tconey1

What sites do you guys use? I need to find a new one.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on August 23, 2012, 12:16:14 pm
i like nc state b/c well tenn is just tenn..  nc st at home will be fired up and they have a talented rb also who gets no attention..  Tenn not sure Bray is the answer at qb..  they have problems that need to be addressed and not sure if it will in week 1..  I'm gonna watch the line some more but i'm not touching under a fg..

With Da'Rick out now, it may be a good line to snatch up. I can't believe it's still at Tenn -4. I suppose this one will move now.

Quote from: tconey1 on August 23, 2012, 03:35:51 pm
What sites do you guys use? I need to find a new one.

I'll send you a pm. Lanny doesn't want betting sites posted on the forums.

I use a combo local guy for payouts and collects, but place everything with him online.  I also now have a tie in in Vegas so that I can go direct.
Let's make some waves.

LGHOG

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on August 23, 2012, 04:27:44 pm
With Da'Rick out now, it may be a good line to snatch up. I can't believe it's still at Tenn -4. I suppose this one will move now.

I'll send you a pm. Lanny doesn't want betting sites posted on the forums.

Will...will you PM me also with some sites? Thanks.

WILL CLINTON

arkfanchip

could you send me a PM also of sites that allow mastercard?

Huckleberry Pig

this might be a dumb question, but is there anyway we could move this to another forum, one that doesnt have as much activity?  It can get lost down the page pretty easily in MMQB..

Also, Will, would you PM me a site as well.  I will prob use the one my boss uses, but I'd like to see some other options.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: arkfanchip on August 24, 2012, 08:44:33 am

I have no idea on this.

widespreadsooie

Michigan St. -7 at home against Boise St.

La. Tech +7.5 at home against Texas A&M

West Virginia -24 at home against Marshall

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: razorback1 on August 24, 2012, 03:01:30 pm

like the west virginia bet.  They will want to put big points on the board to get that offense tuned

hawgwild child

i didnt have a mastercard either, what i did was just get one of those cheap walmart visa cards.  u just load some money up on it and then go from there, its pretty easy

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: razorback1 on August 24, 2012, 03:01:30 pm

Liking the Mich St -7, with the depleted roster of the Broncos, it could be ugly.

Don't like La Tech at all. TAMU is going to try and show that they deserve to be in the SEC so they are going to put on a show. I see TAMU walking away with that one.

WV is just too big of a line to me. if it was under 20, I'd prolly lay a lil bit on it, but at 24 there isn't too much value to me. Not that they can't/wont win by that much, but still.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on August 24, 2012, 03:36:10 pm
Liking the Mich St -7, with the depleted roster of the Broncos, it could be ugly.

Don't like La Tech at all. TAMU is going to try and show that they deserve to be in the SEC so they are going to put on a show. I see TAMU walking away with that one.

WV is just too big of a line to me. if it was under 20, I'd prolly lay a lil bit on it, but at 24 there isn't too much value to me. Not that they can't/wont win by that much, but still.

I see the Aggies having a difficult time moving the ball in the season opener due to a new QB (brand new), new head coach, new offensive schemes, and a great tail back but one returning from a season ending injury the previous year. La. Tech is returning 15+ starters from a team that was very solid last season. Put 'em at home against this A&M squad, can't see them losing by more than 7 if not winning.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: razorback1 on August 24, 2012, 03:49:46 pm
Put 'em at home against this A&M squad, can't see them losing by more than 7 if not winning.

That I may agree with. But at Kyle Field, 1st game in the SEC, I just got to believe TAMU brings it. Either way, that's why they call it gambling.

I will send you a pm with one that I think still takes MC. Give me a couple hours.  Got a few things to do first.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on August 24, 2012, 02:54:21 pm
this might be a dumb question, but is there anyway we could move this to another forum, one that doesnt have as much activity?  It can get lost down the page pretty easily in MMQB..

Also, Will, would you PM me a site as well.  I will prob use the one my boss uses, but I'd like to see some other options.

Hey huck.  Even if it gets burried and doubt it will durning football.  Now that you have posted here just click toward the top of the page that says show replies to you post.  Will pull up any thread you have posted in if someone has made a post since.

Hope that helps.
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on August 24, 2012, 08:00:57 pm
Even if it gets burried, and I doubt it will during football.  Now that you have posted here just click toward the top of the page that says show replies to you post.  Will pull up any thread you have posted in if someone has made a post since.

and between jeff and I, we keep this thing on the front page. We are some degenerate gamblers....lol

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on August 24, 2012, 09:55:40 pm
and between jeff and I, we keep this thing on the front page. We are some degenerate gamblers....lol

Lol that's no lie!
Let's make some waves.

Dr. Starcs

Thoughts on Kentucky @ Louisville (-13)

I know Louisville is in the top 25, but they also play in the big east. Kentucky is not expected to do much this season, but this is usually a close rivalry game.

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 25, 2012, 04:21:15 pm
Thoughts on Kentucky @ Louisville (-13)

I know Louisville is in the top 25, but they also play in the big east. Kentucky is not expected to do much this season, but this is usually a close rivalry game.

No way I am betting that game, but if someone put a gun to my head I would take Kentucky +13
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on August 25, 2012, 04:47:30 pm
No way I am betting that game, but if someone put a gun to my head I would take Kentucky +13

I second that. No value in this game at all. Louisville has a better chance to blow out KY than vice-versa, but either team could win this.

As of October 1st anyone not wanting to play via the Internet shoot me a PM and I will let you know what I've got going.  Can probably help you out.  Actually will be all set by Sept 15th
Let's make some waves.

Getting closer every day.  Will start looking at week one this afternoon.
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on August 26, 2012, 01:49:12 pm
Getting closer every day.  Will start looking at week one this afternoon.

Looking forward to it and to a hopefully successfull season for us all!

zumhog

Ive never done nothing but lose when i bet on football. So ill keep my picks to my myself.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: zumhog on August 26, 2012, 07:39:53 pm
Ive never done nothing but lose when i bet on football. So ill keep my picks to my myself.
Actually, if you're a consistent loser then we'd appreciate you picking games.

Hooch

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on August 24, 2012, 05:19:19 pm
That I may agree with. But at Kyle Field, 1st game in the SEC, I just got to believe TAMU brings it. Either way, that's why they call it gambling.

I believe that game is in Shreveport.  Probably a pretty neutral crowd. 

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Hooch on August 27, 2012, 11:25:49 am
I believe that game is in Shreveport.  Probably a pretty neutral crowd. 

Yeah, you're right. Forgot about that.

I think I like Vandy +7. Will be too hard to bet though, so probably staying away from it.

Huckleberry Pig

I like the Oregon -35.5 vs Arkansas State line

Anyone think Arkansas State will stay within 35?  I'm thinking no.