Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"...a dirty pair of coaches..."

Started by Martygit, September 27, 2017, 08:34:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

311Hog

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 11:07:27 am
Enumerate and explain Petrino's list of NCAA infractions.

that maybe none, but do you think he might have some FBI infractions? his AD and head basketball coach just bit it because of FBI reasons...

Hoggish1

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 10:26:33 am
Louisville just fired their AD i think

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/report-louisville-fired-ad-tom-jurich-wake-recent-scandal/

Yep and Pitino
Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 10:37:19 am
lol at the posts on reddit regarding their AD being fired.....

"Oh god, Bobby Petrino is completely unsupervised now"

"We will see neck brace and broken leg Bobby petrino"

"... but the only check he has on that behavior now is himself. Oh dear God."

"ULL President Postel's third point of business this morning was to order UofL police to put a boot on Bobby's motorcycles until further notice."

Fiction haha. But not as strange as reality, unfortunately...

Redhogs

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 11:08:31 am
that maybe none, but do you think he might have some FBI infractions? his AD and head basketball coach just bit it because of FBI reasons...
No...was he arrested or named?
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

factchecker

Where was this attitude when you were spreading rumors of Whaley being out for the season with a broken jaw?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee

Im not interested in humoring you with an effort to change the opinions of close minded people.

311Hog

Quote from: Redhogs on September 27, 2017, 11:10:35 am
No...was he arrested or named?

yet, this is day 1, Jurich wasn't arrested either.  no one was named specifically. This thing is still going no telling where/what/who is next.

gchamblee

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 11:12:21 am
yet, this is day 1, Jurich wasn't arrested either.  no one was named specifically. This thing is still going no telling where/what/who is next.

I think people are confused about the difference in the NCAA and the FBI.

EastexHawg

September 27, 2017, 11:14:07 am #57 Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:01:26 pm by EastexHawg
Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 10:50:41 am
Nobody is gloating. This is huge news in the sports world. The only reason you are feeling bullied right now is your position of win at all costs just got a huge shiner.

"Win at all costs"?  That's a ridiculous characterization, at least as it pertains to Petrino.  But...I'm at least glad to see you got your talking points memo from Jeff Long, our "lose at no cost, some cost, or all costs" athletic director.

As for Jurich and Pitino, I have been busy lately and haven't had time to read of watch anything in-depth about what is going on.  I have heard snippets about the Adidas scandal.  If it is true and Jurich and Pitino were involved, their firings are justified.  So far lumping Petrino in with them is nothing more than guilt by association.

311Hog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 11:13:38 am
I think people are confused about the difference in the NCAA and the FBI.

no kidding these folks number one concern IMHO is staying out of jail, not so much keeping their jobs.

The schools are just cutting bait in an effort to avoid the fall out.  This is going to be HUGE.

Redhogs

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 11:12:21 am
You are right...maybe Bert is next...or Jeffe...like you say, you just don't know.

Redhogs

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 27, 2017, 11:14:07 am
"Win at all costs"?  That's a ridiculous characterization, at least as it pertains to Petrino.  But...I'm at least lad to see you got your talking points memo from Jeff Long, our "lose at no cost, some cost, or all costs" athletic director.

As for Jurich and Pitino, I have been busy lately and haven't had time to read of watch anything in-depth about what is going on.  I have heard snippets about the Adidas scandal.  If it is true and Jurich and Pitino were involved, their firings are justified.  So far lumping Petrino in with them is nothing more than guilt by association.
To many facts here.....

gchamblee

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 27, 2017, 11:14:07 am
"Win at all costs"?  That's a ridiculous characterization, at least as it pertains to Petrino.  But...I'm at least lad to see you got your talking points memo from Jeff Long, our "lose at no cost, some cost, or all costs" athletic director.

I haven't suggested that Petrino was involved. In fact, earlier in this very thread, I said this is an indictment of their AD and basketball program, but not CBP. You would benefit from figuring it out before you accuse.

311Hog

Quote from: Redhogs on September 27, 2017, 11:15:20 am
You are right...maybe Bert is next...or Jeffe...like you say, you just don't know.

could be this seems pretty deep i mean what 3 to 4 years of wire tapping and investigation/evidence and then you add in the "new" material that will inevitably come from the "flipping" of people caught up in this first wave.

The whole game might change or at least leave a pretty sizable crater where GOBN's once were.

hawgon

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 11:11:13 am
Im not interested in humoring you with an effort to change the opinions of close minded people.

So, you can't ...

Redhogs

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 11:17:01 am
could be this seems pretty deep i mean what 3 to 4 years of wire tapping and investigation/evidence and then you add in the "new" material that will inevitably come from the "flipping" of people caught up in this first wave.

The whole game might change or at least leave a pretty sizable crater where GOBN's once were.
Thanks for making my point.

gchamblee

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 11:17:14 am
So, you can't ...

Can't, won't, the result is the same. Choose whichever helps you keep your balance.

jkstock04

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 27, 2017, 10:57:22 am
He'll stay at Louisville as long as the new AD tolerates him or he screws up.  If he does have to find another job, it will be somewhere like UCF or Charlotte.  ADs aren't going to put themselves at risk for him.

Jurich lived with and protected the risks because Louisville had to in order to be attractive to a conference like the ACC. 
Hilarious. Company lines of Hogvilles past:

"Petrino will never coach again, no AD will touch him"

"Petrino will never coach at a power 5 school again, no AD will touch him"

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

gchamblee

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 27, 2017, 11:19:27 am

Well, one did. But he just got fired for his win at all costs model.

Atlhogfan1

Not a company line.  Hilarious is suggesting programs like Florida, Tennessee or even Auburn would consider him. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

311Hog

Quote from: Redhogs on September 27, 2017, 11:18:34 am
Thanks for making my point.

oh crap i forgot i was talking to White Goodman, touche'

gchamblee

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 27, 2017, 11:20:48 am
Not a company line.  Hilarious is suggesting programs like Florida, Tennessee or even Auburn would consider him.

I have no difficulties picturing Auburn giving it a go.

311Hog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 11:21:25 am
I have no difficulties picturing Auburn giving it a go.

Auburn is fixing to feel this burn as well they are clearly involved.  So i am not sure about this.

porkrindjimmy

And just to start a firestorm....

Jeff, here is where you can make everything right in the world. Make that call. Posture and say he is a reformed man. Say we never questioned his coaching. You will be a hero in Arkansas. They will give you a raise and a lifetime deal. This is what you want to be....A hero. Make that call Jeff.

Just stay out of the football complex when he returns....

PRJ

311Hog

scary to me how prone people are to idol worship

gchamblee

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 27, 2017, 11:23:56 am
And just to start a firestorm....

Jeff, here is where you can make everything right in the world. Make that call. Posture and say he is a reformed man. Say we never questioned his coaching. You will be a hero in Arkansas. They will give you a raise and a lifetime deal. This is what you want to be....A hero. Make that call Jeff.

Just stay out of the football complex when he returns....

PRJ

I'm not going to lie. I might show some fake outrage publicly, but in private I would have a big smile.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 11:25:36 am
I'm not going to lie. I might show some fake outrage publicly, but in private I would have a big smile.

I know you would...

We would have nice things under the Christmas tree again.

PRJ

jkstock04

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 27, 2017, 11:20:48 am
If they feel like he would elevate their winning he would be considered at all of those schools without doubt.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jcbville

Not addressing Bobby personally when I say this, but I'd be shocked if this stops at basketball now that the proverbial cat is out of the bag. I have no doubt there are ADs and coaches all over the country sweating right now.

gchamblee

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 27, 2017, 11:28:51 am
I know you would...

We would have nice things under the Christmas tree again.

PRJ

Well I know we wouldn't win any big games, but we wouldn't lose to the middle of the pack teams anymore. Right now I would welcome that with open arms.

hawgon

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 11:18:43 am
Can't, won't, the result is the same. Choose whichever helps you keep your balance.

So you are aware of Petrino NCAA infractions and you won't tell us?

Hogwild

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 10:43:55 am
https://twitter.com/DerekVolner/status/913060899199516673

Live on SportsCenter, @michaeleaves reports that Rick Pitino has been fired

They better be able to show cause, because he former boss, Jurich is backing him. And the buyout is massive.

QuoteAccording to Pence, Louisville would be in a legal fight over $44 million it would owe Pitino as part of his buyout clause.

311Hog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 11:30:12 am
Well I know we wouldn't win any big games, but we wouldn't lose to the middle of the pack teams anymore. Right now I would welcome that with open arms.

everything has it's place and time, i am not sure we can go back and reclaim/repeat the moderately better glory.  But it is football and i wouldn't care either honestly i just do not think the price would be worth it, we would be talking some serious millions in buy outs  and salary.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hogwild on September 27, 2017, 11:34:05 am
They better be able to show cause, because he former boss, Jurich is backing him. And the buyout is massive.

If getting arrested by the FBI for fraud isnt cause, then nothing is.

ShadowHawg

If Auburn hires Petrino even Saban wouldn't be safe in this conference.

gchamblee

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 27, 2017, 11:37:21 am
If Auburn hires Petrino even Saban wouldn't be safe in this conference.

Because of all those times Petrino has beat him?

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 11:38:07 am
Because of all those times Petrino has beat him?

Way more fertile recruiting grounds.

PRJ

gchamblee

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 27, 2017, 11:42:51 am
Way more fertile recruiting grounds.

PRJ

You think that will get him better QB's than Mallet and Wilson? Better receivers than what he had here? It's possible, but history says otherwise. He has the best QB he has ever had right now, and still can't get over the hump. Like I said, dude runs an amazing offense but he just doesn't win very many of the big games.

31to6

Quote from: navyhog24 on September 27, 2017, 10:39:47 am
Petrino may be a [CENSORED] and an a-hole, but he doesn't cheat in recruiting.
If he cheats in recruiting, he is epically bad at it.

hawgon

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 11:47:43 am
You think that will get him better QB's than Mallet and Wilson? Better receivers than what he had here? It's possible, but history says otherwise. He has the best QB he has ever had right now, and still can't get over the hump. Like I said, dude runs an amazing offense but he just doesn't win very many of the big games.

If we had had Cam Newton in that Auburn game and they had had Mallett and Wilson, we win by two touchdowns and the NC that year.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 10:56:08 am
This might have death penalty possibilities.
For multiple schools, not just Louisville.  But those will be for basketball, and shouldn't affect football directly.

-phil

31to6

At either TN or Auburn he could have something he never had here: top defensive talent and a million-dollar DC.

311Hog

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 11:50:24 am
If we had had Cam Newton in that Auburn game and they had had Mallett and Wilson, we win by two touchdowns and the NC that year.

yeah i mean if we could just find a guy who is 6 foot 6 260 pounds, runs a 4.4 forty and throws missiles 60 yards in the air on dime.....

Oh you mean the once in a lifetime type QB that probably cost someone at least 300k to sign?

so no big deal..

Gonzo

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 11:20:43 am
Well, one did. But he just got fired for his win at all costs model.

He got fired for what happened in the basketball program. For someone who is crowing about posting that BP wasn't implicated in this, you sure are fighting the good fight to tie him to the same illegal "win at all costs" mantra, implication by association.

Go Hogs!

gchamblee

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 11:53:44 am
yeah i mean if we could just find a guy who is 6 foot 6 260 pounds, runs a 4.4 forty and throws missiles 60 yards in the air on dime.....

Oh you mean the once in a lifetime type QB that probably cost someone at least 300k to sign?

so no big deal..

Would love to see what he could do with our current backup :)

Hogwild

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 11:36:12 am
If getting arrested by the FBI for fraud isnt cause, then nothing is.

No one at UL got arrested.  The Head Coaches at the 4 schools that had assistants arrested haven't lost their jobs.

ShadowHawg

Please quote the history where Arkansas has more talent than Auburn again. I love that story.

311Hog

Quote from: Hogwild on September 27, 2017, 11:55:29 am
No one at UL got arrested.  The Head Coaches at the 4 schools that had assistants arrested haven't lost their jobs.

yet

gchamblee

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 27, 2017, 11:55:47 am

Please quote the history where Arkansas has more talent than Auburn again. I love that story.

I didn't say that at all. I said that under Petrino, we had incredible talent at QB and WR that would be difficult to top even at Auburn. If you can argue against that statement the go for it, but don't try to change my words because I know what I said.

311Hog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 11:54:55 am
Would love to see what he could do with our current backup :)

this i totally agree with the kid does look Mallett'ish with a bit more athleticism not sure his arm compares.