Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alvarez makes some sense

Started by TNRazorbacker, September 26, 2017, 02:07:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: seasonhog on September 26, 2017, 03:45:56 pm
Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 02:39:43 pm
And speed is easy to find.  Every team from every piss ant school in East Texas has one or two kids on the team with serious D I speed.
[/quo

Remember.... BB does not recruit TX.......

In SEC .....a team must have speed.....& Sat game showed we don't have.....

We will line up & run the ball down Al throat.....BB

No, no, no. We are this close to doing just that. I heard it in a presser...we don't have the talent....

Wait a few minutes tho....one of our resident experts will be here soon to tell you of the wonderful effort our coaches are doing and then he will diagram the 37 dive for you...

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 26, 2017, 06:41:06 pm
I don't disagree very much with the points that Alavarez made. Those are great points about the difference in talent, recruiting and strategy between the Big Ten and the SEC. But let's remember that we ran for 297 on Saturday (not removing sack yards) and passed for 231. Probably should have been a 300+ yard passing night for Allen had we not been in a passing coma for 3 quarters.

The defense just gave up too many big plays (5 for 287) that accounted for most of their scores. In regulation only, that means that other than those 5 plays the defense game up an average of 3 yards/play on 61 plays from scrimmage. Allow 1 or 2 fewer big plays, cover a KO properly and don't set them up at our 49 yard line with a short KO, and we win this game going away and none of this is even being discussed.

That tells me one coach is doing his job and the rest of them are making smores around a campfire.

PRJ

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: moses_007 on September 26, 2017, 05:03:28 pm
I don't think Jeff Long has any interest in individual games, and doesn't evaluate coach until the end of the season.  He should call him in his office every Monday morning after a loss and say "why did you do this? or Why did position coach A do that... and what are you going to do to fix these problems...."
Jeff long doesn't know how to spell football let alone know what the hell he's looking at while it's being played. That's why we're in the shape we're in.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on September 26, 2017, 10:20:35 pm
Jeff long doesn't know how to spell football let alone know what the hell he's looking at while it's being played. That's why we're in the shape we're in.

But dude....football is fun now...

PRJ

Jimbob111

Quote from: hawganatic on September 26, 2017, 02:36:06 pm
Problem is that BB isn't really doing here what he did at WI.  At Wisconsin his offense was a lot more power run driven.  Since Enos has gotten here we have become a lot less run heavy and more passing oriented.

Ah, yes, the "run heavy" myth. The Hog's have not been "pass oriented" since Beliema arrived nor have they been "run heavy" and Beliema was neither of those two at Wisconsin either. I don't have them handy but the numbers bear out an extremely EVEN passing/rushing offense at Wisconsin.

What he tries to do, run or pass, is play clock control. I will acknowledge that he tries to be run heavy but when the OC sees repeatedly running into an 8 and 9 man box isn't working, he then attempts to pass. The problem has been that under Beliema, the Hogs can neither run the ball nor pass effectively from week to week. Harping on Beliema being a "run heavy" guy is about as accurate as the guys who complain that the formation is "tight" every play and ignore when they have 3 wide sets.

The problem is that the offense aren't matching scheme to personnel but doing the opposite with terrible results.

And for the record, if the offense scores 43 points, you should win the game whether you did it with pass or run.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

ChauvinistPig

So BB has a huge buyout.... Why don't we fire Long and hire Alvarez? Obviously he knows how to manage BB and he understands that giant lineman are only in Wisconsin and Scandinavia. Double or triple Alvarez salary....still way less than buyout

HogHomer

Quote from: IronHog on September 26, 2017, 09:58:38 pm

Kid from Junction City can break a backboard

Has issues according to BB

Seen this over, and over, and over
The coaching staff made mistakes moving him around so much but he was slated to play a lot this year before injury so idk if this is the right example to pick at.