Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trevis Hopper comitts!

Started by The Hawg Marshal, February 24, 2018, 07:42:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Trey1981

hogfooey

If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

The Hawg Marshal

hogfooey

If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

liljo

Quote from: Trey1981 on February 24, 2018, 07:43:41 pm
He has an excellent offer list. Great start to 2019.

https://247sports.com/Player/Trevis-Hopper-85921

Welcome to Razorbacks Nation, and thanks for coming!
Go Trevis, and Go Hogs!
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

247Hog

Woohoo! Welcome Trevis. Excited to have you!
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Dark Helmet Hog

ballinhog

WPS!! Big time pick up. Offers from home state Tennessee as well as Auburn and Georgia among many others.

ballinhog

With the way Georgia is recruiting, anytime we can beat them for anybody, especially someone on either side of the line, that's a great day to be a Hog

The Hawg Marshal

I really thought the first one would be T. Q. Jackson.

HOGINTENNESSEE

ThisGuy

Great start to the class can't have enough SEC talent on the defensive line!

moto625

Woo Pig, RazorFast, Great Start to the best class in a decade!

The_Boot_stops_here

Cool. Great offer list. Like that he's on the light side seeing as these coaches value quickness and athleticism. He can put on some good weight and be good to go. Good to het another from Memphis

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Peter Porker

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 24, 2018, 08:12:09 pm
Cool. Great offer list. Like that he's on the light side seeing as these coaches value quickness and athleticism. He can put on some good weight and be good to go. Good to het another from Memphis

Yes! Love It! Thank you.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

WaltonCollege

That offer list...Auburn, GA, Clemson...this staff might be furreal.

liljo

Quote from: WaltonCollege on February 24, 2018, 08:30:39 pm
That offer list...Auburn, GA, Clemson, Arkansasthis staff might be furreal.

Fixed it for you.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

mhuff

jgphillips3

First thing I look at, other than film is offer list.  We keep getting kids with offer lists like that, we are going to get competitive in a hurry.

razorback85

This is BIG TIME! I think you are going to see a huge improvement in recruiting this year! http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/221601/trevis-hopper

Hogfan46

Great get by Coach John Scott.

widespreadsooie

GO

WoooPigSooieShane

So it's pretty clear that CCM is focused on getting a pipeline into TN, specifically Memphis and Nashville.

I broke down all of the offers that he has sent out for the '19 class, and Texas has the most prospects with offers at 44. Georgia is 2nd with 18. Tennessee is next with 12. That's about 10% of the total offers in the class. We can probably thank Chavis and Caldwell in part for that.

And I think we have more prospects from TN coming in tomorrow.

King Kong

Quote from: WoooPigSooieShane on February 24, 2018, 10:04:32 pm
So it's pretty clear that CCM is focused on getting a pipeline into TN, specifically Memphis and Nashville.

I broke down all of the offers that he has sent out for the '19 class, and Texas has the most prospects with offers at 44. Georgia is 2nd with 18. Tennessee is next with 12. That's about 10% of the total offers in the class. We can probably thank Chavis and Caldwell in part for that.

4 from the City of Murfreesboro. Which is where Joe Craddock played college football for Middle Tennessee State

WoooPigSooieShane

Quote from: King Kong on February 24, 2018, 10:11:42 pm
4 from the City of Murfreesboro. Which is where Joe Craddock played college football for Middle Tennessee State

You're right. 4 from Murfreesboro, 4 from Nashville, 4 from Memphis.

Hoggish1

Arthur pigby sellers.

Hard to believe he's a three star with those amazing offers this early.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Our Dline may very well be best of the best in two more years. Caldwell, Scott and The Chief.!? That's problems for anyone. Look at who they have put in the NFL, and just who Caldwell recruited to Arkansas alone.!! Damn.!!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

liljo

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 24, 2018, 11:52:50 pm
Our Dline may very well be best of the best in two more years. Caldwell, Scott and The Chief.!? That's problems for anyone. Look at who they have put in the NFL, and just who Caldwell recruited to Arkansas alone.!! Damn.!!!

I think so, too. It's going to be great watching this team develop a genuine SECW caliber front four, backed by great LBs, and a ball hawking secondary with some head-hunter safeties.

It's almost a given we'll have a great offense. We are. Going to score points. I'm looking forward to an attack defense with big teeth. Trevis looks like he can play a major part in that!

SooieGeneris

We may be building a connection in Memphis not seen in Fayetteville since Ron Huery, Todd Day, Arlyn Bowers and all those guys in roundball.

Funny, but when Scott Edgar moved on to a HC job at Murray State I believe his first job was, that connection dwindled down.

A lot of good SEC level players come out of Memphis and they seem very open to go about anywhere within 300-500 miles to college. Tennessee doesn't seem to be that much of a factor although they did get Carven out of there in the 2017 class.

Anyone who has made the drive from Memphis to Knoxville knows why.. other than Nashville it all looks the same..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

checkraiser88

Wow, stole one from home state Tenner. Morris> Pruitt

HogFoo

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 24, 2018, 11:52:50 pm
totally agree.  Folks that thought chavis was done were badly mistaken! The caldwell/chavis duo is gonna kick ass for us! I believe were gonna see our defensive woes cleared up as soon as next season!. Ive said this many times, but we ll have gerald on 1 side at De at 265lb, he was #1 DE, we'll have Sosa at other end which he is supposed to be dropping weight back down to when he was a 5* and get his speed back at around 265.  We know what chavis wants.  Is great DBs and Safety so they can play some single man and bring the DEs collapsing the pocket and flushing the QB or RB for the Lbs to clean them up.  And look at what we stacked up in recruiting, DB,safety,DEs, LBs, and couple DL guys.   Yes, i too believe our defense will be great within 3yrs. Just need to keep bringing in the talent and depth. Were headed in a great direction! #wps
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

hawg1221

We need to be moderately successful this year to keep the recruiting momentum going.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

bphi11ips

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 25, 2018, 01:21:37 am
We may be building a connection in Memphis not seen in Fayetteville since Ron Huery, Todd Day, Arlyn Bowers and all those guys in roundball.

Funny, but when Scott Edgar moved on to a HC job at Murray State I believe his first job was, that connection dwindled down.

A lot of good SEC level players come out of Memphis and they seem very open to go about anywhere within 300-500 miles to college. Tennessee doesn't seem to be that much of a factor although they did get Carven out of there in the 2017 class.

Anyone who has made the drive from Memphis to Knoxville knows why.. other than Nashville it all looks the same..

Fayetteville is an hour and a half closer to Memphis than to Knoxville. Both drives have their moments, though.  Memphis to the Tennessee River is pretty much like Memphis to Little Rock - a couple of hours of flat terrain.  But the Tennessee River to Knoxville (hour west of Nashville) is very pretty, much like Little Rock to Fayetteville. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

opineonswine

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 25, 2018, 09:50:37 am
Fayetteville is an hour and a half closer to Memphis than to Knoxville. Both drives have their moments, though.  Memphis to the Tennessee River is pretty much like Memphis to Little Rock - a couple of hours of flat terrain.  But the Tennessee River to Knoxville (hour west of Nashville) is very pretty, much like Little Rock to Fayetteville.

Tennessee is one of my favorite states once you get east of Jackson. 

cram224

You have to drive through one of the biggest speed traps in all of the USA. St. Francis County if driving from Memphis to LR.

bphi11ips

Quote from: cram224 on February 25, 2018, 10:40:14 am
You have to drive through one of the biggest speed traps in all of the USA. St. Francis County if driving from Memphis to LR.

The Tennessee equivalent is 30 miles east of the Mississippi River.  Then from 10 miles west of Jackson to 10 miles east.  Watch out 30 miles west of Nashville into town and from the top of the eastern slope of the Cumberland Plateau down the mountain into Harriman.

In Arkansas, west of Forrest City is bad, too.  Morrilton to Atkins seems to have its share of state troopers, and I almost always see at least one on I-49 between I-40 and Fayetteville.

I've traveled the route from Knoxville to Fayetteville for 25 years and have never been stopped.  A Tennessee trooper once told me to go 8 mph over the posted limit and tap my brakes when I see a police car.  Has always worked for me.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: checkraiser88 on February 25, 2018, 03:04:44 am
Wow, stole one from home state Tenner. Morris> Pruitt

We've had quite a few good players from Memphis and the area close to it. We do need to emphasize recruiting there.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

More trees I think in the Memphis to the TN river than Memphis to LR.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RaisinHog

In today's techno era I doubt most kids care about the view on the drive the probably was playing on the phone or on a tablet or something the whole ride

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 25, 2018, 11:56:49 am
The Tennessee equivalent is 30 miles east of the Mississippi River.  Then from 10 miles west of Jackson to 10 miles east.  Watch out 30 miles west of Nashville into town and from the top of the eastern slope of the Cumberland Plateau down the mountain into Harriman.

In Arkansas, west of Forrest City is bad, too.  Morrilton to Atkins seems to have its share of state troopers, and I almost always see at least one on I-49 between I-40 and Fayetteville.

I've traveled the route from Knoxville to Fayetteville for 25 years and have never been stopped.  A Tennessee trooper once told me to go 8 mph over the posted limit and tap my brakes when I see a police car.  Has always worked for me.

I'm a 9-10 mph over the posted limit on the interstate, and usually following someone going a little faster. The vast majority of the time on the drive to Fayetteville some yahoo will be weaving in and out of traffic doing 90+, I'll either see him pulled over getting a ticket, or at the Rudy station pulling out as I pull in. It's not worth the risk to me to drive 90.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: WoooPigSooieShane on February 24, 2018, 10:04:32 pm

Yet another DEFENSIVE recruit with some impressive offers. So for those who continue to doubt the efforts and recruiting abilities of the Chief, Caldwell and others........

TheRazorback500

Meanwhile, back in Damascus..

Oh, by the way, nice get. Welcome, Mr. Hopper! WPS
Do you wanna get Rocked?