Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Visit updates???

Started by Love those Hogs, January 21, 2017, 08:46:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vcloudv

For those of you curious

Too Much Sauce:  The act of being extremely fly. Typically draped in designer having loads of confidence and clout

Used in a sentence: Got diamonds on all of my fingers that's too much sauce.

Social media related tags: #freshtodeath #madfly #dope #clout #draped

Pro tip- If you don't know what something means, use http://www.urbandictionary.com/

theshiva

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 22, 2017, 02:47:25 pm
Sounds like we get Calloway, keep Brown and Stewart goes to UF (unfortunately)

That would be a fantastic secondary haul none the less. Beanum leaving we should be a able to sell playing time to a blue chip DE.

King Kong

Quote from: theshiva on January 22, 2017, 04:53:38 pm
That would be a fantastic secondary haul none the less. Beanum leaving we should be a able to sell playing time to a blue chip DE.

We can sell it. But no blue chip this year is going to buy it

theshiva

Quote from: King Kong on January 22, 2017, 05:00:43 pm
We can sell it. But no blue chip this year is going to buy it

If we had more time to bring in a new Dline coach I think we could, but it may be too late at this point.

presidenthog

January 22, 2017, 05:34:16 pm #54 Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 05:44:20 pm by presidenthog
Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on January 22, 2017, 04:17:45 pm
http://247sports.com/Coach/Rory-Segrest-1969/AllTimeRecruits

Out if the first like 8. Those are Lunney and Michael Smith recruits. All but Froholdt. That list you sent is a joke. He was not the main recruiter on any of those. I'm telling you right now expect seagrest to be gone after NSD. He isn't even out recruiting right now.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: theshiva on January 22, 2017, 04:53:38 pm

Not really. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

King Kong

Quote from: presidenthog on January 22, 2017, 05:34:16 pm
Out if the first like 8. Those are Lunney and Michael Smith recruits. All but Froholdt. That list you sent is a joke. He was not the main recruiter on any of those. I'm telling you right now expect seagrest to be gone after NSD. He isn't even out recruiting right now.

He was the primary recruiter on Dee Walker, TJ Smith, Johnathan Marshall and Blake Johnson

But yes he was not the main guy on the majority of that list and it is expected by most that he won't be back

onebadrubi

I believe someone debunked that RS was not out recruiting? 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 22, 2017, 04:11:43 pm
And once we got Fisher, the predictable responses came forth...like Johnston is too slow or we really wanted Fisher.  Yada, yada, yada.

I don't know if Fisher is better than Johnston or not, but he seems faster and quicker. I also don't know the reputation of the school or classification that Johnston's school plays in, but I know about Union High School in Tulsa and the competition that they play. I know they are good and you are good if you actually play for them.
Go Hogs Go!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 22, 2017, 06:02:17 pm
I believe someone debunked that RS was not out recruiting? 

Who did he visit

MissippHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 22, 2017, 06:23:54 pm
Who did he visit
Hopefully anyone and everyone needing a DL coach.

tophawg19

wouldn't ''Mixing sauce '' mean photoshoping the different uniforms to show what he likes. mixing to come up with a favorite look is what i got anyway
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hey Super

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 22, 2017, 06:42:58 pm
wouldn't ''Mixing sauce '' mean photoshoping the different uniforms to show what he likes. mixing to come up with a favorite look is what i got anyway

Lol
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

justmakeit2thebcs

I expect him to be gone as well.  Just wondering how do you know who the main recruiters are ?  Are you really Trey Biddy? Davenport?

onebadrubi

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 22, 2017, 06:23:54 pm
Who did he visit

I looked and couldn't find the post.  So I may be incorrect. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on January 22, 2017, 07:41:26 pm
I expect him to be gone as well.  Just wondering how do you know who the main recruiters are ?  Are you really Trey Biddy? Davenport?

247 recruiting site has that kind of info.

Example, M. Smith http://247sports.com/Coach/Michael-Smith-432

presidenthog

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on January 22, 2017, 07:41:26 pm
I know who recruits in what area.

Lunney is arkansas

Smith is LA

Seagrest was GA. He may have had a hand in Dee walker. Walker was between us and walking on at GA if my memory is right. So seagrest got us a guy who's other option was a walk on position.

Him and Joel Thomas might be tied for worst recruiters I've seen since following the hogs.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Richard Davenport

Quote from: gibby on January 22, 2017, 08:55:10 am
There's nothing much in the WH insider forum, either, fwiw.

I would disagree. More FB and BB content than anywhere else.

colbs

WooPig90

Gabe richardson looks like a good bet to join us, but he might be the same as Clary, where we wait to offer him the scholly and he will count against the 2018 class

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: presidenthog on January 22, 2017, 09:13:31 pm
Seagrest was GA. He may have had a hand in Dee walker. Walker was between us and walking on at GA if my memory is right. So seagrest got us a guy who's other option was a walk on position.

1. It's Segrest.
2. I agree that he's not killing it in recruiting.
3. Dee Walker chose Arkansas over offers from Louisville, Iowa, Nebraska, Pitt and Tennessee, among others.

factchecker

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 22, 2017, 11:06:43 pm
Gabe richardson looks like a good bet to join us, but he might be the same as Clary, where we wait to offer him the scholly and he will count against the 2018 class

Blueshirt.... I think
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

King Kong

Quote from: factchecker on January 22, 2017, 11:25:50 pm
Blueshirt.... I think

If true then Richardson must have been on an unofficial visit this weekend. Maybe the reason Davis drove him from Juco

LRHawg

WooPig90

Quote from: King Kong on January 23, 2017, 06:20:43 am
If true then Richardson must have been on an unofficial visit this weekend. Maybe the reason Davis drove him from Juco

Exactly

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 22, 2017, 07:53:53 pm
247 recruiting site has that kind of info.

Example, M. Smith http://247sports.com/Coach/Michael-Smith-432
LOL...that is what I posted for Segrest.   Presidenthog knows more than 24/7.  He thinks it's all about "area".  When he has no idea how the process works from EK Franks, to the position coach to the co-ordinators to CBB. 

Coach Segrest spent a lot of time with all of those recruits.
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/apr/23/wed/

East TN HAWG

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on January 23, 2017, 11:05:06 am
LOL...that is what I posted for Segrest.   Presidenthog knows more than 24/7.  He thinks it's all about "area".  When he has no idea how the process works from EK Franks, to the position coach to the co-ordinators to CBB. 

Coach Segrest spent a lot of time with all of those recruits.
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/apr/23/wed/

I do agree that area does play into it somewhat.  We are much more likely to steal recruits in the LA, TX, OK, MO areas than GA.  I would think that he should at least be getting more visits to campus.  Visits should not be that hard considering we are an SEC team.   

WriterWrong

Quote from: King Kong on January 23, 2017, 06:20:43 am

I could be wrong, but I believe for a recruit to be a "blue shirt" they can't make any visits at all to the campus, official or unofficial.

factchecker

Quote from: WriterWrong on January 23, 2017, 11:21:17 am
I could be wrong, but I believe for a recruit to be a "blue shirt" they can't make any visits at all to the campus, official or unofficial.

Ty Clary is supposedly a blue shirt also.

I don't think there is any restrictions against unofficial visits for any high school recruit.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

WriterWrong

Quote from: factchecker on January 23, 2017, 12:16:10 pm
Ty Clary is supposedly a blue shirt also.

I don't think there is any restrictions against unofficial visits for any high school recruit.

Figured I'd google it so we'd all know. Not that this is the definitive explanation.

King Kong

Quote from: WriterWrong on January 23, 2017, 11:21:17 am

They can visit unofficially. RD has now also confirmed he is a blue shirt candidate and it was an unofficial

jgphillips3

From redshirting to grayshirting to blueshirting...always something being done to min/max the rules. I know grayshirting has been around a while.  When did this blueshirting term emerge?

MissippHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 23, 2017, 01:39:52 pm
From redshirting to grayshirting to blueshirting...always something being done to min/max the rules. I know grayshirting has been around a while.  When did this blueshirting term emerge?
Just another way to say preferred walk-on.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: MissippHog on January 23, 2017, 02:00:59 pm
Just another way to say preferred walk-on.
No Not really, they get put on scholarship when they get to campus.

King Kong

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 23, 2017, 01:39:52 pm

About 3 years ago

King Kong

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 23, 2017, 03:40:43 pm
No Not really, they get put on scholarship when they get to campus.

Yep. It's the loophole of all loopholes

tophawg19

Quote from: factchecker on January 22, 2017, 11:25:50 pm
Blueshirt.... I think
we don't Blue anything , we anthracite shirt them
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

WriterWrong

So, it appears we really aren't going to get much in the way of updates from the weekend of visits, huh? That's a shame.

Oklahawg

Quote from: WriterWrong on January 24, 2017, 11:32:36 am
So, it appears we really aren't going to get much in the way of updates from the weekend of visits, huh? That's a shame.

Commits are happy.

Curl worked on Calloway.

LA players worked on Stewart, and he had a good visit.

Young's visit went well.

Epley wants to be a Hog. Henderson wants to be a Hog. Neither has an offer.

Johnson (didn't visit) on hold waiting for Young to decide. Appears a spot is being held for Calloway and Stewart. If neither come to UA (unlikely) we might move to one of the DEs. Johnston out, committed to UAB (he didn't visit either).

Kujawa is a recruited walk-on. Has small college offers and a preferred walk-on offer to Iowa.

That's about it.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

WriterWrong

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 24, 2017, 11:46:43 am
Commits are happy.

Curl worked on Calloway.

Young's visit went well.

Johnson (didn't visit) on hold waiting for Young to decide. Appears a spot is being held for Calloway and Stewart. If neither come to UA (unlikely) we might move to one of the DEs. Johnston out, committed to UAB (he didn't visit either).

Kujawa is a recruited walk-on. Has small college offers and a preferred walk-on offer to Iowa.

That's about it.

That's pretty much what we were looking for. Thanks for the info.

East TN HAWG

What about Bryant that is visiting this week?  I wonder if he would be above Young? 

RazorPiggie

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 24, 2017, 02:23:35 pm
What about Bryant that is visiting this week?  I wonder if he would be above Young? 

I'd say yes. Mainly because he is a HS player that we get for probably 4 years.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 24, 2017, 11:46:43 am
Commits are happy.

Curl worked on Calloway.

Young's visit went well.

That's about it.
I suppose with Johnston the old saying of "home is where the heart is" applies. Or could one actually say "where the brother is". ??? ::)

Oklahawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 24, 2017, 03:28:56 pm
I suppose with Johnston the old saying of "home is where the heart is" applies. Or could one actually say "where the brother is". ??? ::)

I have to wonder if Johnston didn't wait until all of his commitable offers were filled by another recruit.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 24, 2017, 04:12:15 pm
I have to wonder if Johnston didn't wait until all of his commitable offers were filled by another recruit.
Good question. Maybe we'll never really know for sure.