Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tre Norwood...

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, January 11, 2017, 07:55:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

There was a guy on the radio the other day and they called him coach. Not sure who it was as I caught the second half of the interview and the dang radio guys never thanked him By his name or anything.  He sounded like a current high school coach or other college coach in Ar. He coached under Nutt I believe as well.   

He had some good things to say and I'll try to recite them as best as I can.  He said when you had a year like last year and everyone knows their job is on the line, you will have a conversation more than once about a player. That conversation is you either are going to recruit this guy or you aren't. Example was a WR coach is recruiting a WR after the previous year them failing miserably.  He likes a guy and the OC or HC likes another better, well it's your position to coach and go down with, so you will make sure to at least go down with "your guys". He went on to discuss how much more responsible position coaches are in recruiting than head coaches. Say that to say, maybe Rhoads and Bielema want to go down swinging for Curl and Calloway instead of Norwood.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 16, 2017, 10:56:14 pm
I don't know the situation that well, but with who we have legitimately been on you can't give him a commitable offer until we miss IMO. Now if the staff has totally neglected him that would be to bad! Maybe it's just me but you would think parents and kids would want to hear, we like you and if we have room at the end we want you on board, but if you see something you think is a better situation we understand.

No way this staff hasn't been in communication. Lunney does very well with this state and kids on the radar.   I also agree with your other comments, it shows respect

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 12, 2017, 10:38:33 am
He's a great player. Just not sure he has sec size for his position.
Same thing they said about damarea Crocket...
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hawgfan4life

Some posters are amazing.  We sign two RBs and they whine about one lower rated by everyone and got into a legal issue during the season.  We recruited a kid hard for months and withheld an offer until he qualified and him knowing this was a requirement the whole time.  The kid plays us up for all the attention he can get and we really never a top choice.  Fans act like we weren't recruiting until we offered.  It is actually possible and a matter of practice that AR recruit players just as hard prior to an offer as after an offer when they are waiting on an eligibility issue they believe will be resolved and they want the kid.

ballhogger

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 16, 2017, 11:00:46 pm
No way this staff hasn't been in communication. Lunney does very well with this state and kids on the radar.   I also agree with your other comments, it shows respect

I have literally heard this from the words of Coach B.  He said, " We like to either be the first or the last to offer because we don't want to get lost in between."  I get the concept of that and if you notice sometimes that is our trend.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 17, 2017, 07:43:18 am

No actually they said footwork and speed or power (can't remember which) according to a couple of reporters. 

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 17, 2017, 09:46:02 am
No actually they said footwork and speed or power (can't remember which) according to a couple of reporters. 

He ran a 4.64, which might have been laser timed, or hand, I don't know. It isn't blazing, but is respectable in the real world.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 09:48:02 am
He ran a 4.64, which might have been laser timed, or hand, I don't know. It isn't blazing, but is respectable in the real world.

Well, these guys moaning over not offering crockett are the same ones complaining our 4.5 and 4.6 line backers are too slow.  Sooooo...  Do we just say 4.X is good enough for a RB now?  Or will they ever just accept we took 2 better RB's and quit looking to moan about everything this staff does, right or wrong?

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 09:34:29 pm
Alabama is full.... aren't they?  Unless they are planning on processing/rescinding some of their offers.
Alabama is never full.  They will pull offers on signing day (remember Darius Philon?) and send practice team players packing if there is somebody else they want.

I find it hard to believe that Arkansas is so stacked that they can afford to pass on a kid that has offers from the schools already mentioned here.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 17, 2017, 10:32:51 am
Alabama is never full.  They will pull offers on signing day (remember Darius Philon?) and send practice team players packing if there is somebody else they want.

I find it hard to believe that Arkansas is so stacked that they can afford to pass on a kid that has offers from the schools already mentioned here.

You mean the schools that have offered in the last 2-3 days?

PorkRinds

Depends on the position and the current roster, doesn't it?

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 17, 2017, 10:35:47 am
You mean the schools that have offered in the last 2-3 days?
The last week if you include Notre Dame, but yes, those schools.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 17, 2017, 11:01:54 am
Depends on the position and the current roster, doesn't it?
I contend that Alabama will never lose out on a recruit that they REALLY want because of the 25/85 limits.  Ever.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 17, 2017, 11:07:56 am
I contend that Alabama will never lose out on a recruit that they REALLY want because of the 25/85 limits.  Ever.

I contend that you have no idea if they do or not.

hawgfan4life

We are not AL.  We can't be offering and pulling scholarships and offers of scholarships like it is a happy meal.  Destroy relationships with in state coaches and communities would be monumentally dumb.

LJHOG

You tryin' to cost us our Integrity Trophy?

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: hawgfan4life on January 17, 2017, 11:42:15 am
We are not AL.  We can't be offering and pulling scholarships and offers of scholarships like it is a happy meal.  Destroy relationships with in state coaches and communities would be monumentally dumb.
Oh I get all that.  I don't think I would want to play the Saban game even if we could.  Point is, somebody above said Alabama wouldn't offer Norwood because they were "full".  I say that would never be the reason they didn't offer.

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 17, 2017, 01:10:06 pm
Oh I get all that.  I don't think I would want to play the Saban game even if we could.  Point is, somebody above said Alabama wouldn't offer Norwood because they were "full".  I say that would never be the reason they didn't offer.

If you read some other team's boards, they are upset they are giving out this offer because they missed out on other guys, so I guess the world is round..........

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 01:18:46 pm
If you read some other team's boards, they are upset they are giving out this offer because they missed out on other guys, so I guess the world is round..........
Everybody has their own agenda.  I just know I watched Norwood for most of 2 seasons, every home game of this season, and he is a special player.  I believe Arkansas is making a mistake, assuming they don't offer.  I believe they are making a mistake if they are slow playing.

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 17, 2017, 01:24:25 pm
Everybody has their own agenda.  I just know I watched Norwood for most of 2 seasons, every home game of this season, and he is a special player.  I believe Arkansas is making a mistake, assuming they don't offer.  I believe they are making a mistake if they are slow playing.

And everyone has their own opinion, too.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 01:36:27 pm
And everyone has their own opinion, too.
That's why the statement says "believe".  How long you want to keep going with this?

Wildhog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 17, 2017, 01:43:01 pm
That's why the statement says "believe".  How long you want to keep going with this?

Rice has been busy lately.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Oklahawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 16, 2017, 10:59:16 pm
There was a guy on the radio the other day and they called him coach. Not sure who it was as I caught the second half of the interview and the dang radio guys never thanked him By his name or anything.  He sounded like a current high school coach or other college coach in Ar. He coached under Nutt I believe as well.   

He had some good things to say and I'll try to recite them as best as I can.  He said when you had a year like last year and everyone knows their job is on the line, you will have a conversation more than once about a player. That conversation is you either are going to recruit this guy or you aren't. Example was a WR coach is recruiting a WR after the previous year them failing miserably.  He likes a guy and the OC or HC likes another better, well it's your position to coach and go down with, so you will make sure to at least go down with "your guys". He went on to discuss how much more responsible position coaches are in recruiting than head coaches. Say that to say, maybe Rhoads and Bielema want to go down swinging for Curl and Calloway instead of Norwood.

I like this.

And, if they had 8 slots Norwood might get one. If they have a whiff or two he might get a late offer. But, they are not going to screw up the depth chart just to sign someone late because of their zip code: Crockett would have been 5th string (RW3, Kody, Devwah, TJ) but we needed other spots, so we pursued other positions.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

How much time have you got?

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 17, 2017, 02:07:24 pm
Rice has been busy lately.

One's work is never done. I figure I can catch you, doubtful on Delta or Ponderin.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 02:48:30 pm
One's work is never done. I figure I can catch you, doubtful on Delta or Ponderin.

You'll pass me by February.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

His rice is flooded at the moment for duck hunting, so he's sitting back counting his money till comes time to pull levies and let water out. Until February he prolly has all the time in the world

Muskliketusk

Yeah old Okie and Tenner probably scrambling with there top 5 top 10 classes and just throwing offers at anybody. We done showed them.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 02:48:30 pm
JB's goin' down.   >:(

ricepig

Keyser Sooieze

Friend of a friend who works at FS Airport says CBB came into Fort Smith today.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Keyser Sooieze on January 17, 2017, 07:49:19 pm
I love things that start with "friend of a friend".  Not that you aren't telling the absolute truth, but these things get sideways quickly on here.

onebadrubi

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on January 18, 2017, 10:00:49 am
I love things that start with "friend of a friend".  Not that you aren't telling the absolute truth, but these things get sideways quickly on here.

I think he was making fun of people "in the know"

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 18, 2017, 10:31:49 am
I suspected that.  That's why I didn't want him to think I was calling him out and stated "he may be telling the absolute truth".  Just the general "friend of a friend" thing is humorous in itself.  If he was using it as humor/sarcasm, then I fully agree with him.

onebadrubi

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on January 18, 2017, 10:33:33 am
I suspected that.  That's why I didn't want him to think I was calling him out and stated "he may be telling the absolute truth".  Just the general "friend of a friend" thing is humorous in itself.  If he was using it as humor/sarcasm, then I fully agree with him.

I think so too. I believe very few on here when they bring that stuff. But there are a couple that when they speak up it tends to be accurate, less now than use to be

woodhog14

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 17, 2017, 07:43:18 am

Mizzou was his ONLY SEC offer. ONLY offer. So I guess, Bama, LSU, Tennessee, Auburn, Ole Miss and everyone else missed out too?

We had two RB's rated higher that committed to us, and your bitching about not offering Crockett. If Crockett had committed to us and we missed on the other 2 RB's that were higher rated, I am very sure you would be bitching about missing on them and why we offered Crockett when he ONLY had 1 other SEC offer.

Man, our fans are some kind of dumb. Seriously.

woodhog14

I heard this interview also. It was a great listen.

It was on Bo's show and he was talking to Dave Womack, Ole Miss' DC for the past 4 or 5 years. He just retired.

onebadrubi

Quote from: woodhog14 on January 18, 2017, 10:52:38 am
I heard this interview also. It was a great listen.

It was on Bo's show and he was talking to Dave Womack, Ole Miss' DC for the past 4 or 5 years. He just retired.

bo was definitely not the one doing the interview?  And the guy being interviewed I believe was a WR coach?  So I think we heard two different interviews of different people saying the same. Reason I say it wasn't Bo is I know Bo's voice and this was not him.

woodhog14

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 18, 2017, 10:57:58 am
bo was definitely not the one doing the interview?  And the guy being interviewed I believe was a WR coach?  So I think we heard two different interviews of different people saying the same. Reason I say it wasn't Bo is I know Bo's voice and this was not him.

I guess it was two different shows. I heard the whole interview and he said exactly what you said. And Dave Wommack coached under Nutt here at Arkansas as the DC from 2001-2004. I guess he was making the radio rounds.  :)

ricepig

Quote from: woodhog14 on January 18, 2017, 10:47:57 am
Mizzou was his ONLY SEC offer. ONLY offer. So I guess, Bama, LSU, Tennessee, Auburn, Ole Miss and everyone else missed out too?

We had two RB's rated higher that committed to us, and your bitching about not offering Crockett. If Crockett had committed to us and we missed on the other 2 RB's that were higher rated, I am very sure you would be bitching about missing on them and why we offered Crockett when he ONLY had 1 other SEC offer.

Man, our fans are some kind of dumb. Seriously.

Vandy offered.

East TN HAWG

Was his name Jayco? 

AirWarren

January 18, 2017, 11:29:02 am #191 Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:40:45 am by AP85
Quote from: onebadrubi on January 18, 2017, 10:31:49 am

Typical hogville. Would have been even richer if he would have said, "long time donor", "lifetime season ticket holder", "close friend with a board member" etc.

For some stupid reason people like to call in radio shows and put on message boards their "accolades" as a fan.

Hogeration

It was probably Fitz Hill.  He has been on drive time on Thursdays now. Was an awesome recruiter for us back in the day.

Ramboar

Word on the street is  Tre is a silent commit to OU.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Ironhawg

Quote from: Ramboar on January 22, 2017, 05:13:14 pm
Word on the street is  Tre is a silent commit to OU.

I never have understood the purpose of being a silent commit.

Ramboar

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 22, 2017, 07:06:26 pm
I never have understood the purpose of being a silent commit.
Me either. Some recruits do it though.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Muskliketusk

Committed to the Gooners  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: Have fun in a crap conference never winning nothing.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 23, 2017, 09:06:49 pm
Committed to the Gooners  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: Have fun in a crap conference never winning nothing.

Yep. Oklahoma Sooner commit.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PorkRinds

Congrats to the kid. He's a player and does things the right way. I'm surprised he didn't get an offer but I always like seeing FSM players do wel.

Hawg Life

Was his name Jayco?