Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tre Norwood...

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, January 11, 2017, 07:55:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Boot_stops_here

Picked up a Notre Dame offer today. He's a Louisville commit right now.

Deep Shoat

Posting on the wrong board? 
All Gas, No Brakes!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 11, 2017, 08:26:59 pm
Posting on the wrong board? 

Nope. He's from Ft Smith. I think some will find this interesting

factchecker

Won't be at Louisville commit for long.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

onebadrubi

He's the real small but fast CB?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 11, 2017, 09:19:36 pm
He's the real small but fast CB?

24/7 has him listed at 5-11, 168. But yes, you're thinking of the right guy

RazorPiggie

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 12, 2017, 06:43:13 am

I watched him once this year and didn't do anything that stood out to me.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 12, 2017, 06:43:13 am

maybe 168 with all his gear on.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 12, 2017, 08:53:49 am
I watched him once this year and didn't do anything that stood out to me.
Holy cow I don't which game you watched but Norwood pretty much carried the team this year.  Now it was mostly playing QB but he also had some big play in the secondary.

PorkRinds

He's a great player. Just not sure he has sec size for his position.

BentonvilleJeff

If he can play CB I'd sign him no matter what size he is. Either you can play or you can't.

oldfart

kids do grow in college you know

Oklahawg

Jared Collins: couldn't add any weight or the "plus" speed disappeared. Not quite tall enough but close.

Ramon Broadway: great cover skills and competent speed. About 5-8 in reality and unable to elevate to cover 6-4 WRs.

Marvin Jackson. Darius Vinnett.

It is tough to continue running out less-than-optimal skill sets at CB and hope that the results shift.

I don't know Norwood at all, but if 168 that is a red flag. If his actual barefoot height is below 5-10 that is a red flag also. Better be Neon Deion, all-world cover corner, if that size.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The OTR

obviously Paul Rhoads is saying no, so we should trust his judgement

GrizzlyRider07

Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

GrizzlyRider07

I can tell you this much about Tre. I see the kid about 3 times a week at the boys and girls club when I am having my basketball team practices and games. I 6'0 190lb and I will tell you that those measurables aren't accurate and have to be old because he's clearly taller than me by 2 or 3 inches and about my size. He's definitely not 168 at all. I've seen him play this year and you can't deny that he's a straight up player. The kid is on the field the WHOLE game and where ever he is lined up at he makes plays. On defense they would hardly ever through to his side so that's probably why you didn't hear to much about him on defense this year.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Hollywood870

Arkansas kids aren't good enough to play for Arkansas anymore. Only 3-4 a year are now worthy of playing for "The Powerhouse."

Wooderson

Last I checked Arkansas kids drove Arkansas to a greater than .500 SEC record with HDN as their coach.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

colbs

Some would have complained if offered by Arkansas because he wasn't "rated" high enough. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 12, 2017, 01:19:59 pm
Arkansas kids aren't good enough to play for Arkansas anymore. Only 3-4 a year are now worthy of playing for "The Powerhouse."

That's actually probably the case these days.  HS football in AR ain't exactly a powerhouse either.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: colbs on January 12, 2017, 01:55:15 pm
Some would have complained if offered by Arkansas because he wasn't "rated" high enough. 

They'd most likely judge based on offer sheet.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

colbs

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 12, 2017, 02:05:20 pm
They'd most likely judge based on offer sheet.
until yesterday there was no ND and only other 2 P5 offers were Louisville & Minnesota.  If the coaches end up getting 2 of the 3 they have coming in next weekend I think they made the right choice.  If they miss on all 3, maybe they should have extended an offer.

fullfan

Height not an issue as he can play above the rim in basketball.  Quick and explosive.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: colbs on January 12, 2017, 01:55:15 pm
no they wouldn't. most go by offers and would take kids from in state at a position of need when offered by Notre Dame and Louisville.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 12, 2017, 10:21:12 am
Holy cow I don't which game you watched but Norwood pretty much carried the team this year.  Now it was mostly playing QB but he also had some big play in the secondary.

Was referring to the secondary play. Game I watched he played QB in the 2nd half.

Letsroll1200

Norte Dame pick players they don't recruit. He should have a Hog offer. I don't give a darn

ricepig

Just de-committed from Louisville.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

Wonder if we offer at the last minute just to see what happens.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 12, 2017, 06:32:14 pm
Norte Dame pick players they don't recruit. He should have a Hog offer. I don't give a darn

You must be old school. They don't have that pull as much anymore.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 12, 2017, 08:06:50 pm

Are you close to this situation?

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 12, 2017, 08:06:50 pm

Wouldn't matter if we did. Too late in the game for that. Fritz Hill said on the radio that his people close to that situation said that if Arkansas hasn't offered by now, then he isn't interested in them. At least he wont be lighting us up at other SEC schools like half a dozen other Arkansas kids have done recently when they left/weren't offered.

Oklahawg

Quote from: fullfan on January 12, 2017, 03:55:08 pm
Height not an issue as he can play above the rim in basketball.  Quick and explosive.

If he dunks easily, and can dunk two handed in particular, he would seem to have height, length, explosiveness or a combination thereof to be a good D1 prospect.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

colbs

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 12, 2017, 09:01:26 pm

Wouldn't matter if we did. Too late in the game for that. Fritz Hill said on the radio that his people close to that situation said that if Arkansas hasn't offered by now, then he isn't interested in them. At least he wont be lighting us up at other SEC schools like half a dozen other Arkansas kids have done recently when they left/weren't offered.
Who are the half dozen that have been "lighting" the Hogs up recently?

pigture perfect

Fitz Hill was praising him as a ball player tonight on DTS. I trust Dr. Hill to know talent.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

FATHAWG08

If he runs a sub 4.4 then I think the Hogs need to look at him. Our lack of speed as a team really stands out.
I love off season Football!!

jacobp

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 12, 2017, 08:13:06 pm
You must be old school. They don't have that pull as much anymore.
They still have plenty of pull. Top 15 classes on the regular

JackJohnson

Quote from: colbs on January 12, 2017, 02:38:33 pm
until yesterday there was no ND and only other 2 P5 offers were Louisville & Minnesota.  If the coaches end up getting 2 of the 3 they have coming in next weekend I think they made the right choice.  If they miss on all 3, maybe they should have extended an offer.

What about our recruiting the past few years makes you think we won't be regretting not offering this kid if we are counting on getting any of those 3, much less MORE than 1

colbs

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 13, 2017, 07:22:46 am
What about our recruiting the past few years makes you think we won't be regretting not offering this kid if we are counting on getting any of those 3, much less MORE than 1
I never said I was confident they would pull any of the other 3. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: jacobp on January 12, 2017, 11:02:09 pm
They still have plenty of pull. Top 15 classes on the regular

You don't understand how the game is played then.

jacobp

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 13, 2017, 08:20:08 am
You don't understand how the game is played then.
I understand fully. Sure the Notre Dame brand doesn't carry the same weight it did in the past, but they're still a player on the national recruiting scene.

Grizzlyfan

From the outside looking in it's hard to understand how coaches at Louisville and Notre Dame can see things so much different than our coaches.

As an aside about Norwood, he can also return punts and when the Grizzlies needed a late score against Catholic to win, Tre was lined up at wide receiver and the backup QB threw a sideline fade and Norwood went 18 inches about the DB to get the catch and keep the drive going.  He is an incredibly gifted football player.

onebadrubi

Quote from: jacobp on January 13, 2017, 09:58:37 am
I understand fully. Sure the Notre Dame brand doesn't carry the same weight it did in the past, but they're still a player on the national recruiting scene.

Players also receive bumps for committing to ND as well.  How are those top 15 recruiting classes panning out?  Notre Dame is an outlier when it comes to anything about discussing football.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 13, 2017, 07:22:46 am
I personally think its a mistake, just like not extending an 11th hour offer to Crockett last year when Porter fell through, but it may not be, and if his measurable are not there, you are gambling either way. I think we end up with calloway and Curl, and we will be happy, but I still think we should have offered him.

Wildhog

If we have a spot for Micahh Smith, we should have a spot for Tre Norwood.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

tophawg19

we already have 2 or 3 kids that are that size , so that may be the reason we are holding off
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2017, 10:43:06 am
If we have a spot for Micahh Smith, we should have a spot for Tre Norwood.

Ouch,...

But I suspect this has more to do with maybe us selling out to get Calloway.  Smith was no doubt a very likely last second reach at S...At least it very much felt like it.  We had zero other options at S.  If Calloway wasn't an option at CB right now, then Norwood might have an offer. 

Wildhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 13, 2017, 11:12:54 am
Ouch,...

But I suspect this has more to do with maybe us selling out to get Calloway.  Smith was no doubt a very likely last second reach at S...At least it very much felt like it.  We had zero other options at S.  If Calloway wasn't an option at CB right now, then Norwood might have an offer. 

Because that always works out for us.  :)

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2017, 11:21:45 am
Because that always works out for us.  :)

Which is a different argument.  Kid's probably not an option for us anymore even if we did offer.

Oklahawg

Can't see Calloway's decision being affected by the recruitment of Norwood. There are already plenty of DBs on the commit list plus we are still chasing Curl and (it appears) Stewart.

Sure would be nice if we whiff at the end to have made enough contact with Norwood to be able to flip him on signing day. Wishful thinking, I suppose.

If you are getting sniffs from Louisville and we don't budge on the offer, ok. If it is ND that makes me a bit more nervous. If Florida is lurking then count me in.