Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We need something like THIS in the new Football Operations Center

Started by WizardofhOgZ, September 26, 2013, 01:37:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

This is a picture from the Aggies' newly remodeled Bright Athletic Center, displaying the various major individual awards won by football players.  We need one to display the following (or, replicas thereof):

1954 Outland Trophy (Bud Brooks)
1966 Outland Trophy (Loyd Phillips)
2006 Doak Walker Award (DMac)
2007 Doak Walker Award (DMac)
2007 Walter Camp Award (DMac)
2007 Rimington Award (Luigs)
2010 Mackey Award (DJ Williams)
2011 Johnny Rodgers Award (Joe Adams)

. . . in the FOC where every recruit can see them on their official visits.

ADavisTheGOAT

Our walls are bland in our Football center IMO. I was thinking we could put artwork like that on our walls and put our trophies there.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

trashcan maN

I like that..

I also like the wall of legends that Michigan has

3kgthog

Looking at our FOC compared to some others, it appears we went the cheap route in a few areas. The overall design is rather bland. The interior isn't too flashy. There's just nothing that wows you.

jamie72921

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on September 26, 2013, 01:37:21 pm
This is a picture from the Aggies' newly remodeled Bright Athletic Center, displaying the various major individual awards won by football players.  We need one to display the following (or, replicas thereof):

1954 Outland Trophy (Bud Brooks)
1966 Outland Trophy (Loyd Phillips)
2006 Doak Walker Award (DMac)
2007 Doak Walker Award (DMac)
2007 Walter Camp Award (DMac)
2007 Rimington Award (Luigs)
2010 Mackey Award (DJ Williams)
2011 Johnny Rodgers Award (Joe Adams)

. . . in the FOC where every recruit can see them on their official visits.

Excellent idea.
Bless your heart

WizardofhOgZ

By the way, I AM aware that the FOC is still not finished out completely, and I suspect they will do something of this nature once they get around to it.  Yes, the team and coaches moved in 6 weeks ago but there is still a lot left to be done.

Just saw the picture and thought about our award winners over the years.

Mike Irwin

UA recruits:

I've never seen anything like it.
Those lockers are huge. I could live in one of those.
It will definitely factor in my decision.
The highlight of my trip.

Hogville:

The ceilings are too low.
They went the cheap route.
The walls are bland.
Where's the waterfall?

If Bielema were recruiting Hogville he'd get nothing but 2 stars.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 26, 2013, 03:16:50 pm
Looking at our FOC compared to some others, it appears we went the cheap route in a few areas. The overall design is rather bland. The interior isn't too flashy. There's just nothing that wows you.
It would hurt you too much if you posted something positive.

WizardofhOgZ

I am curious, Mike, if this is a response to my OP . . . which I intended (and, I believe, reads) only as a constructive suggestion, not a criticism?

Since you didn't quote another post in the thread, your post is assumed to be a response to the thread itself - which would be my OP.  Please explain, and would suggest that you remember to use the quote feature so we know (and don't have to guess, or assume) what you are talking about.

;)

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2013, 06:26:31 am
UA recruits:

Hogville:

The walls are bland.
Where's the waterfall?

RazorPiggie

UA recruits:

Hogville:

The walls are bland.
Where's the waterfall?

Nice lol

4me2know

UA recruits:

Hogville:

The walls are bland.
Where's the waterfall?

Awesome Mike!!!!

scruf

When the team moved into the new football complex Coach Bielema mentioned that they still hadn't put up the graphics and displays yet. Patience.

DeltaBoy

We have a brand new one that is not completely finished it yet.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Anybody

You need to see the two brand new Olhausen pool tables in the players lounge.  They are Razorback black with cardinal red felt with lazer-engraved Hogs on each side of the legs facing out.  They match perfectly the red walls and black leather chairs and sofas with embroidered red Razorbacks, along with the rest of the décor, black cabinets for the flat screen TV's, black computer desks, etc.

Again, they are unique and look like $2 million dollars !

They also have a beautiful and super sturdy indoor-outdoor Ping Pong Table.

GO HOGS - Beat Johnny Football !!!

the_kosher_pig

If I'm dropping the kind of money the U of A is dropping I want it so awesome that not even a single internet user can find a down fall. 

I'd have a machine that dispensed BJ's if that's what it took. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

qbrew

I think it's too soon to lament what we don't have there. It just got done, and football season is underway. I'm sure there will be finishing touches.

qbrew

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on September 27, 2013, 10:49:35 am
If I'm dropping the kind of money the U of A is dropping I want it so awesome that not even a single internet user can find a down fall. 

I'd have a machine that dispensed BJ's if that's what it took. 

Impossible. People will always complain. I can see it now "The hole is too big", "they didn't clean it after the last guy", "the aggies' BJ machine is in the image of a goat" "it's too much of a biter"

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: qbrew on September 27, 2013, 11:44:08 am
I think it's too soon to lament what we don't have there. It just got done, and football season is underway. I'm sure there will be finishing touches.

Quote from: scruf on September 27, 2013, 10:13:38 am
When the team moved into the new football complex Coach Bielema mentioned that they still hadn't put up the graphics and displays yet. Patience.

Gee, thanks for the advice guys.   By the way, you DID read this too, didn't you . . . which I had posted 15 hours before your comments?

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on September 26, 2013, 07:22:20 pm
By the way, I AM aware that the FOC is still not finished out completely, and I suspect they will do something of this nature once they get around to it.  Yes, the team and coaches moved in 6 weeks ago but there is still a lot left to be done.

Moral to the story: Read the WHOLE thread before responding to posts or you might end up making totally unnecessary comments - like the two I quoted here.

SPAL

UA recruits:

Hogville:

The walls are bland.
Where's the waterfall?

redeye

qbrew

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on September 27, 2013, 01:44:15 pm

Gee, thanks for the advice guys.   By the way, you DID read this too, didn't you . . . which I had posted 15 hours before your comments?

Moral to the story: Read the WHOLE thread before responding to posts or you might end up making totally unnecessary comments - like the two I quoted here.

Maybe you noticed I didn't quote you, and wasn't responding directly to you. Moral of the story, everything isn't about you, even when you start a thread, there are other posters.

That said, it is a great idea.

buffaload

Completely agree.

When you walk into the Notre Dame football museum the first thing you see (or a recruit sees) is a glassed in display with seven Heismans lined up.  Pretty impressive.  Other schools do the same thing with their collection of awards.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: qbrew on September 27, 2013, 02:59:10 pm
Maybe you noticed I didn't quote you, and wasn't responding directly to you. Moral of the story, everything isn't about you, even when you start a thread, there are other posters.

That said, it is a great idea.

If you say that, I'll accept it as the truth.

But I do have a serious suggestion for you, qbrew. 

As you point out, there are "other posters".  But when you make a comment such as the one you posted that I quoted, which could easily be interpreted as a negative response to the OP, and don't quote any other post, the default assumption is that it IS a response to the OP.  Or at least, you introduce that interpretation as plausible, whether that's what you intended or not.  No one but you knows WHO you were responding to.  For that reason, it makes sense for you to quote the post(s) you are responding to so everyone knows.  Don't scatter shoot unless you are ready for anyone who gets hit by the shot to fire back.

A reader here may or may not agree with the posts I make in these forums.  But they always know WHAT I am saying, and to WHOM (if anyone in particular) - because I quote them to remove any ambiguity. 

Mike Irwin

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on September 27, 2013, 09:27:19 am
I am curious, Mike, if this is a response to my OP . . . which I intended (and, I believe, reads) only as a constructive suggestion, not a criticism?

Since you didn't quote another post in the thread, your post is assumed to be a response to the thread itself - which would be my OP.  Please explain, and would suggest that you remember to use the quote feature so we know (and don't have to guess, or assume) what you are talking about.

;)
First all all, you take this place WAY too seriously. Passing out instructions for responding in a thread is a waste of time. People are going to post however they want to post.

As for my response I don't think too many here had a hard time understanding my meaning. The U of A just opened a 40 million dollar football operations center. The recruits seem to love it. Constructive criticism or not many here think it's not good enough. As I stated, it's a good thing Bielema is recruiting HS football players and not dudes on the Internet.

CDBHawg

UA recruits:

Hogville:

The walls are bland.
Where's the waterfall?

This.

josh_sec33

Arkansas does a bad job of marketing itself. It's like it's afraid to tout what accomplishments it has. I mean, the 64 Nat'l title was almost NEVER mentioned when I was in college (back in the 90's) and very little is done to show these individual awards.

I really think they need to revamp the bowl alley, I dunno it just doesn't work for me. the whole jumbled years and the constant reminder of all those bowl losses.

But I agree with the OP. I think that an award wall could do wonders for our recruiting and for the fans to go see them.

(and fix up the museum in BWA while you're at it...that's just embarrassing)
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

HogInFlorida

Quote from: Hogfan991 on September 26, 2013, 01:41:17 pm
Our walls are bland in our Football center IMO. I was thinking we could put artwork like that on our walls and put our trophies there.

They're nowhere near done with the walls IIRC. They have loads of vinyl graphics and stuff ordered. A trophy room wouldn't surprise me at all either.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Hogblog

UA recruits:

Hogville:

The walls are bland.
Where's the waterfall?

1. QB Rafe Peavey    90      80        4*        3*      6'2",205    Bolivar, MO
2. DT Bijhon Jackson 96      84        4*        4*      6'1", 340   El Dorado, AR
3. RB Juan Day          84      74        3*        3*     6'1", 210    NLR, AR
4. TE Jack Kraus        85      74         3*       3*     6'5", 240   Bentonville, AR
5. K Cole Hedlund      80      78       > 2*       3*      5'10", 155 Argyle, TX
6. CB Chris Murphy    87      75         3*      3*      5'10", 180, 4.4 Marietta, GA
7. CB Kweishi Brown   88     NR        >3*     2*      6'0", 185, 4.5 El Cajon, CA
8. OT Jovan Pruitt       88     78         3*      4*      6'6", 290    Dallas, TX
9. CB Henre' Toliver    90     77        > 2*      3*      6'1", 166, 4.6 Metairie, LA
10. S Dwayne Eugene  86     NR       >2*      2*      6'1", 207, 4.6 Metairie, LA
11. WR Corey McBride  84     81       >NR      2*      6'0", 175, 4.34 Geismar, LA
12. ATH Torrance Mosley 83  NR       >NR      2*      5'10", 170, 4.4 Geismar, LA
13. OT Jermaine Eluemunor 97  NR    4*      4*      6'6", 300      Scranton, PA
14. OLB Khalia Hackett  83    77      >2*     NR      6'3", 205, 4.7 S Paulding, GA
15. DT Armon Watts     85     NR        3*      3*      6'4", 260   St. Louis, MO
16. WR Jared Cornelius 85     72       >2*      NR     6'0", 175    Shreveport, LA

I would say that we have the 2 star comment covered......

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2013, 11:00:23 pm
As for my response I don't think too many here had a hard time understanding my meaning. The U of A just opened a 40 million dollar football operations center. The recruits seem to love it. Constructive criticism or not many here think it's not good enough. As I stated, it's a good thing Bielema is recruiting HS football players and not dudes on the Internet.

That's the problem with general statements, Mike.  I LOVE the FOC.  The fact that I got an idea from a picture of another place doesn't mean (a) that I'm dissing our new place; or (b) that it isn't something they're already thinking of doing with the remaining finish out.  As I went on to say in a follow up post shortly after the OP:

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on September 26, 2013, 07:22:20 pm

Bottom line is that we DO have multiple winners of nationally recognized football awards and we need to do a good job of demonstrating that to recruits.  Just an idea that struck me as I viewed what the Aggies are doing.  Had nothing to do with criticizing the new place, which I'm thrilled we have.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

UA recruits:

Hogville:

The walls are bland.
Where's the waterfall?

[/thread]
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on September 28, 2013, 10:23:24 am
That's the problem with general statements, Mike.  I LOVE the FOC.  The fact that I got an idea from a picture of another place doesn't mean (a) that I'm dissing our new place; or (b) that it isn't something they're already thinking of doing with the remaining finish out.  As I went on to say in a follow up post shortly after the OP:

Bottom line is that we DO have multiple winners of nationally recognized football awards and we need to do a good job of demonstrating that to recruits.  Just an idea that struck me as I viewed what the Aggies are doing.  Had nothing to do with criticizing the new place, which I'm thrilled we have.

Don't we have something to that effect in the stadium and the Broyles complex..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.