Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Never Yield Campaign: Practice Facility

Started by The_Iceman, July 01, 2013, 11:11:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208542560&DB_OEM_ID=6100

@ArkRazorbacks: Here is a look at the @RazorbackMBB and @RazorbackWBB future practice facility #NeverYield (Pic Below)

@ArkRazorbacks: Basketball practice facility will feature 2 full-court gyms, men's/women's locker rooms, weight room and total 66K sq. ft #NeverYield

@ArkRazorbacks: Basketball practice facility will be south of Leroy Pond Road, between Bogle Park and the Gardens, across from Bud Walton Arena #NeverYield

The_Iceman

Looks a little different from the original design.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Big Nasty 34

The_Iceman

Quote from: ZoneBuster34 on July 01, 2013, 11:19:23 am
When is estimated completion date?

Not sure. Depends on when the money comes in.

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

-Blu

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 01, 2013, 11:26:55 am
Summer of 2015

Wow, that's actually pretty soon for a completion date.  When are they starting, or has that yet to be decided?

Porked Tongue

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 01, 2013, 11:11:56 am
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208542560&DB_OEM_ID=6100

@ArkRazorbacks: Here is a look at the @RazorbackMBB and @RazorbackWBB future practice facility #NeverYield (Pic Below)

@ArkRazorbacks: Basketball practice facility will feature 2 full-court gyms, men's/women's locker rooms, weight room and total 66K sq. ft #NeverYield

@ArkRazorbacks: Basketball practice facility will be south of Leroy Pond Road, between Bogle Park and the Gardens, across from Bud Walton Arena #NeverYield

Thanks for this link.  It jives with what I heard and the date HA gave us is a "worst case scenario" date. 

Quote from: Porked Tongue on June 02, 2013, 08:50:15 pm
Some murmur that he's wanting to announce something before the start of fall football practice.

I have heard he has commitments for around 75% of the total cost.  If you didn't have to build a girls side, it would already have been off the ground.

Kevin

with all that money they have in the bank, and they are wanting more from the fans.

i would raise my donation to better razorvision. that is an embarrassment.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 01, 2013, 01:11:03 pm
Thanks for this link.  It jives with what I heard and the date HA gave us is a "worst case scenario" date. 

Of course it was initially passed around that the football operations center would be done in April....then June....then August. I figure that means the practice facility will likely be done just in time to kick off the 2015-16 season. We'll see what exciting hurdles the 2014-15 winter brings us.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ki285

My dad is superintendent of a steel company and he told me this weekend that he put a bid in for the facility, so I guess there gonna get started on it pretty soon.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

TRUHOG718

wish it was sooner. good to see its in the works. If they are taking donations I will be sending U of A a little something.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: RazorAg on July 01, 2013, 08:48:41 pm
Late 2014 is target date.

Target perhaps, estimated though? As I posted above, I'm adding on a few months for good measure.

Porked Tongue

Not a ton of ground work to do there.  Should be a relatively fast deal once started.

-Blu

Is the basketball practice facility the first to be built amongst the others on the list?

Porked Tongue

I believe you'll see each in progress at the same time.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 01, 2013, 09:09:46 pm
Not a ton of ground work to do there.  Should be a relatively fast deal once started.

Good point. Pretty flat land. Not gonna have to do the massive digging they did for the football facility. Should be a quick build once money is in.

Smithian

Once tuey have this thing built all the transfers in the world will want to be Razorbacks!

870hogfan

Quote from: Smithian on July 02, 2013, 07:51:07 am
Once tuey have this thing built all the transfers in the world will want to be Razorbacks!

Haha!

870hogfan

Wonder if Joe Johnson would help donate?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 01, 2013, 08:52:29 pm
Target perhaps, estimated though? As I posted above, I'm adding on a few months for good measure.

Which should always be done for construction projects!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Smithian on July 02, 2013, 07:51:07 am

tuey?? We won't have room for transfers, only booking reservations for 5*.

Cresthog

Quote from: ricepig on July 02, 2013, 01:54:45 pm
tuey?? We won't have room for transfers, only booking reservations for 5*.

Malik Monk is the only in state 5 star right? Guess were SOL on those guys.

3kgthog

They have certainly chosen some underwhelming designs for the FOC and the new basketball facility. I realize they want the BPF to match the current look(and future renovation) of BWA, but it's not like BWA makes anyone stand back and say, "What a beautiful building!" The thing has 20 years of mildew streaked across the roof for crying out loud.

The_Iceman

Quote from: 3kgthog on July 03, 2013, 12:53:03 am
They have certainly chosen some underwhelming designs for the FOC and the new basketball facility. I realize they want the BPF to match the current look(and future renovation) of BWA, but it's not like BWA makes anyone stand back and say, "What a beautiful building!" The thing has 20 years of mildew streaked across the roof for crying out loud.

The design of the inside is much more relevant than the outside. There's nothing wrong with a simple exterior.

HF#1

Sweet.  We can eliminate another excuse.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TrueBlue

I don't like the carpet or the low ceilings in this....

Oh wait. We need to see it being built before Hogville can start slamming the new building.

dddollars

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on July 01, 2013, 05:42:41 pm
wish it was sooner. good to see its in the works. If they are taking donations I will be sending U of A a little something.

I am sure they will take your money.

HawgAdvocate

Long tweeted again today that the practice facility would get underway once they had the funds for it.

RazorAg

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 14, 2013, 10:10:58 pm
Long tweeted again today that the practice facility would get underway once they had the funds for it.

I don't believe that for a second. Now, they do need more money to complete the next phase in the master plan but I've been assured that the money is there for the bball facility right now.

ricepig

Quote from: RazorAg on July 15, 2013, 07:36:43 am
I don't believe that for a second. Now, they do need more money to complete the next phase in the master plan but I've been assured that the money is there for the bball facility right now.

So, are you saying Jeff isn't telling the truth? He said they wouldn't/couldn't start until more donations came in.

HawgAdvocate

That's just what Long tweeted twice yesterday.

Quote"@billy_gathright: @jefflongUA when will be break ground on basketball practice facility?? #gohogs #NeverYield" as soon as we raise the $$

Quote"@rsh15: @jefflongUA @billy_gathright Better question for Mr. Long: how much money has been raised so far" Not enough to break ground

Perhaps Long may have received verbal confirmation that the necessary funds will be donated, but those checks haven't been written/delivered just yet?

Or maybe he's just working the crowd to keep the $$$ coming in. I don't know.

ricepig

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 15, 2013, 08:16:34 am
That's just what Long tweeted twice yesterday.

Perhaps Long may have received verbal confirmation that the necessary funds will be donated, but those checks haven't been written/delivered just yet?

Or maybe he's just working the crowd to keep the $$$ coming in. I don't know.

It's probably the later, but baseball people say they've got there's, and basketball says they've got there money?? I don't think you would start a fund raising campaign if you had all the money, it would be nice to have a more definitive idea on what has been raised/pledged, and what is needed.

Inhogswetrust

So when's the groundbreaking? IF they had the money right now it would be under construction already.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Swinesong1

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 15, 2013, 11:24:04 am
So when's the groundbreaking? IF they had the money right now it would be under construction already.
Of course the money is there!  It's just a matter or priority (football is king) and choosing to fund it through donations rather than coming out of your own pocket.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Swinesong1 on July 15, 2013, 11:39:10 am
Of course the money is there!  It's just a matter or priority (football is king) and choosing to fund it through donations rather than coming out of your own pocket.

The key is IF the money is there that is DEDICATED to the basketball facility. Apparently not enough at this time.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 15, 2013, 11:48:34 am
The key is IF the money is there that is DEDICATED to the basketball facility. Apparently not enough at this time.
We are probably arguing over semantics but I highly doubt any SEC school is working on a shoestring budget with all the money they're raking in nowadays.  With the hundreds of millions the athletic dept has in it's kitty, it could be done yesterday.  They just don't want to touch that money.  They'd rather fund it thru donations.

The_Iceman

Is it true we cut the facility price tag down from $40 million to $28 million? Just what I heard....

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 15, 2013, 12:13:16 pm
Is it true we cut the facility price tag down from $40 million to $28 million? Just what I heard....

I would hope, they just need two basketball courts and a few other rooms.

ricepig

Quote from: Swinesong1 on July 15, 2013, 11:57:44 am
We are probably arguing over semantics but I highly doubt any SEC school is working on a shoestring budget with all the money they're raking in nowadays.  With the hundreds of millions the athletic dept has in it's kitty, it could be done yesterday.  They just don't want to touch that money.  They'd rather fund it thru donations.

Do you really think our athletic dept has hundreds of millions im it's "kitty"?

The_Iceman

Quote from: ricepig on July 15, 2013, 12:25:52 pm
I would hope, they just need two basketball courts and a few other rooms.

Compare the picture I posted in my OP and the one from the master plan. There is a clear difference in design. Probably just cutting out some of the unnecessary stuff.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 15, 2013, 02:05:36 pm
Compare the picture I posted in my OP and the one from the master plan. There is a clear difference in design. Probably just cutting out some of the unnecessary stuff.

Yeah, one would think for $28mil that you could get 2 courts, 2 locker rooms, 8 coaches offices, 2 training rooms, 2 player's lounges, and 2 team meeting rooms.

Porked Tongue

I said before that they could go a little less dramatic and still have a good facility.  If this is in fact true, I feel a little better about our decision making as we compete in this facilities race.

Swinesong1

Quote from: ricepig on July 15, 2013, 12:27:18 pm
Do you really think our athletic dept has hundreds of millions im it's "kitty"?
Yep. Now I can be like everyone else and site "sources' but believe what you want.

ricepig

Quote from: Swinesong1 on July 15, 2013, 04:04:11 pm
Yep. Now I can be like everyone else and site "sources' but believe what you want.

So, are you saying that the athletic dept has this money, or the Foundation? I'll just believe the audited numbers by our accounting firm.

Swinesong1

Quote from: ricepig on July 15, 2013, 04:07:47 pm
So, are you saying that the athletic dept has this money, or the Foundation? I'll just believe the audited numbers by our accounting firm.
Actually should have clarified.  A combination of both.

RazorAg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 15, 2013, 11:24:04 am

That's apparently not how the Master Facilities Plan is going to work.  From what I'm told from one person that's in the dept and another person that talks to the basketball staff constantly is that they want multiple facilities in each "phase" under construction at the same time.