Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Athletics Facilities Race

Started by jbcarol, June 14, 2012, 12:01:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Boarland

Quote from: Pickwick Hog on July 03, 2014, 09:50:55 pm
Been thinking. Parking is limited in Fayetteville. The largest lot is across from Baum.

Consider a massive parking garage with elevated rail service going up Razorback Rd and back. Platforms serving all the major venues between Baum and Razorback Stadium.

It doesn't have to be operated year round, but will require year round maintenance.

THAT is over the top. Oregon ain't done it yet. Would anyone here be in support of something so lavish in order to get ahead?

Just wondering.
Yeah, a parking deck with rail system will really give is an advantage in recruiting.

GEO-HOG

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 06, 2014, 07:55:57 am
Yeah, a parking deck with rail system will really give is an advantage in recruiting.

I've always thought making the Pit a parking deck with tailgating lawn on top would help recruiting.  The player walk down the pit could still be open air with the deck splitting in the middle.  Imagine people leaning over the rails 4 stories high to greet the players walking through.  If recruits were brought through the stadium that way, it would definitely be a recruiting advantage.

sowmonella

How about a game day train from Little Rock to RRS?  Round trip arriving 2 hours before kickoff and leaving 1 hour after the game.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Notshavin on July 03, 2014, 11:07:50 pm
That would be awesome.  A speedy mono-rail-type thing shaped like a Razorback.

That would be sweet.  Something kiddos would never forget.

With a huge lavish beer garden (BYOB) on the top with landscaping and trash chutes...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ThatGUY

The best way to get recruits is JUST [CENSORED] WIN!!!!
The players already have transportation to and from the game, could care less about OHR system!

The stadium isn't ever full anyway after deer season, real fans support the their team no matter how long the walk!!

Break & Run

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 06, 2014, 07:55:57 am

You're not a Hog fan anyway so why do you care?  Does AU not have a message board?
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Like BART in Bay Area, call it HART Hog Area Rapid Transit

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: sowmonella on July 06, 2014, 09:05:09 am
How about a game day train from Little Rock to RRS?  Round trip arriving 2 hours before kickoff and leaving 1 hour after the game.

It would have to leave on Friday to get there. :D
Switch tracks/lines in Ft Smith. But a great idea for Ark/Mo railroad from Van Buren to Fayetteville. They make the run already with their passenger/scenic tour trains out of Springdale.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Al Boarland

Quote from: Break & Run on July 06, 2014, 11:49:41 am
You're not a Hog fan anyway so why do you care?  Does AU not have a message board?

Love the Hogs, but I'm sure AU has message boards.  Most teams do I would think.

Tequilin' Time

Like the 4 train to Yankee stadium,   it just works. 

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Parking is a problem if you're coming from Baum.  The Buses get congested with traffic headed to the stadium.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman  ·  12h
Holiday weekend RT Kyle Field renovations right on schedule for Sept. 6 home opener: http://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/Kyle-Field-renovations-right-on-schedule-5599368.php ...

TAMU
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on July 07, 2014, 08:55:21 pm
Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman  ·  12h
Holiday weekend RT Kyle Field renovations right on schedule for Sept. 6 home opener: http://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/Kyle-Field-renovations-right-on-schedule-5599368.php ...

TAMU

Good looking facility!  8)

jbcarol

Justin Kaspar @Ranger222  ·  7h
Look at all that shade. People are actually going to WANT to sit on 3rd deck for afternoon games.  SMH.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HardCore

Quote from: Notshavin on July 05, 2014, 11:10:31 pm
Put water guns on it like at Silver Dollar City...

Make it a Monorail like WDW
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

rickm1976

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 05, 2014, 11:08:31 pm
It's actually a cool idea. But you know, there are always people out there who raise hell if they think something is going to spoil their view. To me elevated monorails look futuristic. Hippies would rather have fans walk to the games because walking is nature-like. But then hippies would rather have frisbee tossing as the big sport on campus.

LOL.  I know you've spent a lot of time in Fayetteville, and it shows.  Heck, I went to school up there from '76-81, and it was like that even back then.  We called them field hippies back in the day.

Ramtough

Quote from: HardCore on July 08, 2014, 10:22:54 pm
Make it a Monorail like WDW
That would be so cool. You would think with all the money they spend on facilities, parking and transportation would have come up at some point. Wonder how many years before they put escalators in the stadium.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ThatGUY on July 06, 2014, 11:04:06 am
The best way to get recruits is JUST [CENSORED] WIN!!!!
The players already have transportation to and from the game, could care less about OHR system!

The stadium isn't ever full anyway after deer season, real fans support the their team no matter how long the walk!!

Don't be that guy.................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

Texas A&M Football @AggieFootball

The last panel is up! Take a look at college football's largest videoboard #12thMan
7:15 PM - 8 Jul 2014

jbcarol

Razorback Basketball @RazorbackMBB  ·  14h

Look who stopped in today! Davor Rimac, Ken Biley & @RustonRifle outside the Performance Center construction #Champs

Inhogswetrust

July 10, 2014, 08:45:06 am #770 Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 01:45:44 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: jbcarol on July 08, 2014, 08:44:25 pm
Justin Kaspar @Ranger222  ·  7h
Look at all that shade. People are actually going to WANT to sit on 3rd deck for afternoon games.  SMH.

Hey Justin. I guess aggies don't know which way the sun goes up and down. That picture had to have been taken in the morning or early afternoon. The sun goes down in the west therefore the sun will shine up under that canopy and on some of those seats during afternoon games....................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

OldArmy94

Man, I spent plenty of time baking under that hot Texas sun on that 2nd and 3rd deck. Next thing you know, the students will think they can sit down..softies. ;)

And, despite what was said, it will still provide shade for those 11 AM games not to mention some rain protection.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  3h
Update: A&M contractor blames subcontractor for firing Bama fan for flying Bama flag at Kyle Field: http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/alabama-fan-fired-from-texas-a-m-kyle-field-construction-crew-for-hanging-bama-flag-071414 ...

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  1h

UK going to Field Turf for Commonwealth Stadium

jbcarol

Michael Carvell @Carvell_AJC  ·  Jul 19
The lack of an indoor practice facility at #UGA was popular topic of discussion among prospects & parents at #Dawg Night because (sic) of rain

Uncommon

Quote from: jbcarol on July 20, 2014, 05:49:43 pm
The lack of an indoor practice facility at #UGA was popular topic of discussion among prospects & parents at #Dawg Night because (sic) of rain
I just think it's really funny the difference between not having a facility at Arkansas vs. not having a facility at Georgia.

At Arkansas, if we don't have a facility that recruits would like to have, it's a big negative and the reason why they don't come here.

Whereas in Georgia, if they don't have a facility that recruits would like to have, they let it slide and will still pick Georgia.

Makes you shake your head.

jbcarol

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on July 20, 2014, 05:49:43 pm

Interesting!

I thought uga had an indoor facility....... 8)

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  12h

Checking out Auburn's new Wellness Kitchen this morning.

Auburn budgeted $750K to feed athletes this year at Wellness Kitchen. NCAA allows unlimited meals starting Aug. 1...

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  28m
See photos of Texas A&M's new football facility with water wall, barber shop | http://AL.com  http://ow.ly/zOzNy

A&M 12th Man.com

yraciv

A&M just upped the ante again with their new lockerroom. Impressive!

NoNC4Tubs

Inhogswetrust

Yes it is nice. But they are still aggies.......................................

jbcarol

Ole Miss celebrates groundbreaking of new basketball arena

Quote"It's ceremonial, but it shows it's a reality. We've seen the construction fence, the dirt going out, the parking garage going up, but you've got to really celebrate a milestone like this," athletics director Ross Bjork said.

The building has an $85 million pricetag and is expected to open in December of 2015.

Bjork also announced the arena's name, and it, like the building, is under construction. The new facility will be called "The _____________ Pavilion at Ole Miss."

That will change if the school can sell naming rights. The buyer's name would be inserted in front of "pavilion."

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on July 31, 2014, 05:16:16 pm
AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  28m
See photos of Texas A&M's new football facility with water wall, barber shop | http://AL.com  http://ow.ly/zOzNy

A&M 12th Man.com

It looks like water features are the new rage in recruiting.......... 8)

Inhogswetrust

August 04, 2014, 08:17:57 am #788 Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:14:05 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on August 04, 2014, 07:14:22 am
It looks like water features are the new rage in recruiting.......... 8)

It would need to be close to the restroom............................makes me want to use the urinal.........................or since it's aggies maybe that's what this is.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell @Carvell_AJC  ·  7h
Opinion: Is it time for UGA to invest in an indoor practice facility? http://on-ajc.com/1o9mBIP

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  2h
Ole Miss released plans to renovate the south endzone of Vaught-Hemingway after this season. North endzone will wait. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2014/08/06/ole-miss-vaught-hemingway-stadium-renovations/13683813 ...

jbcarol

UGA athletic board to hear proposal for indoor practice facility

QuoteAthens — The indoor practice facility so many Georgia fans have fretted about apparently could be on its way soon.

Georgia Athletic Director Greg McGarity confirmed on Tuesday that he'll present to the UGA Athletic Association board at its regularly-scheduled fall meeting next month several options for building a multi-million dollar facility somewhere on campus.

"We will continue to have discussions about it at our fall board meeting," McGarity said. "It's going to be what I'd call an informational item. We're trying to identify the most viable and realistic way to incorporate an indoor practice facility on campus."

McGarity would not provide details but, in the past, he has spoken of a $15 million project that would erect an 80-yard by 140-yard facility at a site next to the softball/soccer complex on South Milledge Avenue.

"Those numbers and locations are viable based on preliminary studies," McGarity said cryptically.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jbcarol on August 06, 2014, 05:07:23 pm
Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  2h
Ole Miss released plans to renovate the south endzone of Vaught-Hemingway after this season. North endzone will wait. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2014/08/06/ole-miss-vaught-hemingway-stadium-renovations/13683813 ...

Club field level. It's the new fad every since Jerry put them in Cowboys stadium. I know ours has been announced conceptually but no timetable to start has been given. 

jbcarol

OleMissAthFoundation @OleMissAF  ·  5h
New Field Club will have a team viewing tunnel to see our team come in and out of the locker room #ForwardTogether

New south endzone will include 30 new suites, 770 new club seats, and a new middle level concourse #ForwardTogether

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on August 06, 2014, 08:37:54 pm
OleMissAthFoundation @OleMissAF  ·  5h
New Field Club will have a team viewing tunnel to see our team come in and out of the locker room #ForwardTogether

New south endzone will include 30 new suites, 770 new club seats, and a new middle level concourse #ForwardTogether

That's unique!

Maybe they should add a water feature to the glass walls at the tunnel............ 8)

jbcarol

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on August 07, 2014, 07:13:09 am
That's unique!

Maybe they should add a water feature to the glass walls at the tunnel............ 8)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on August 07, 2014, 07:13:09 am
That's unique!

Glass walls!? Good thing that isn't at LSU.................................

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 07, 2014, 08:22:59 am

Glass walls!? Good thing that isn't at LSU.................................

Never at auburn........ 8)

NoNC4Tubs

jbcarol

Telco @TelcoAg  ·  Aug 5

INCOMING - More grass on it's way to Kyle Field (h/t @freh_dee)