Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Athletics Facilities Race

Started by jbcarol, June 14, 2012, 12:01:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

goodguytex

Quote from: moses_007 on August 03, 2013, 05:19:00 am
A $4,000 football facility?  Is this a joke?  Didn't ours cost $40 million?
its from a website called ''the Pickle.'' Yeah, it's a joke.

Poker_hog

Yes, yes, and yes

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

bxw21

This made me laugh more than the article.

Theolesnort

Yeah, kind of a gotcha moment.
Quote from: bxw21 on August 03, 2013, 06:07:46 am
This made me laugh more than the article.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

zane

El Oh El
RIP LSUfan

beantownhog

August 03, 2013, 10:56:20 am #455 Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:26:10 am by beantownhog
As a KU grad, I can assure you that our stadium cost more than $4000!  Memorial Stadium seats over 50,000, and it is frequently filled to capacity.  When we play Texas, Oklahoma, or OSU at home, for instance, they all bring at least that many fans to the game :P

I laugh because it hurts!  :'(
If your tax refund equals your taxes paid in, you don't pay taxes.

The_Iceman

Are there people in this thread actually taking this seriously?

beantownhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 03, 2013, 10:58:44 am

Why would you not?  It is linked to a site called, The Sports Pickle!
If your tax refund equals your taxes paid in, you don't pay taxes.

adave

goodlord

Hogeye_Pierce

Kinda reminds me of a sportswriter from the '80's who dubbed KU, Kansas State and Misery "The Bernuda Triangle of College Football"
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Lord
Let's make some waves.

BPsTheMan

Isn't a pickle something that you eat?!!!

OMG I'm so confused!!!

WILL CLINTON

What's crazy, they Jayhawks won a BCS bowl just 6 years ago. Crazy how hard and far they fell so fast.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on August 03, 2013, 02:03:03 pm
What's crazy, they Jayhawks won a BCS bowl just 6 years ago. Crazy how hard and far they fell so fast.

Yeah, I can't imagine going through that.   :(
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Jimmy

Almost as awesome as that track the still exists around the KU football field. 

TMc

I finally clicked on the article not knowing what I was about to read... laughed til I started crying.

DallasHogFan

God Bless Hogville. I'm laughing at the people laughing at the guy that posted this.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

HogShanks

Quote from: DallasHogFan on August 03, 2013, 04:54:32 pm
God Bless Hogville. I'm laughing at the people laughing at the guy that posted this.

A +1 if I could.

And I love the tag under your avatar.

Scrambled Hog

Torqued pork

Just more proof we belong in the Big XII.

CallThemHawgs!

And I thought lead was dense

bkjbearcat

Quote from: beantownhog on August 03, 2013, 10:56:20 am
As a KU grad, I can assure you that our stadium cost more than $4000!  Memorial Stadium seats over 50,000, and it is frequently filled to capacity.  When we play Texas, Oklahoma, or OSU at home, for instance, they all bring at least that many fans to the game :P

I laugh because it hurts!  :'(

Funny thing is...this isn't that far from the truth. Many conversations of KC sports talk radio over the years were the differences between the  Big 12 North facilities to the Souths.

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

LZH

Quote from: Jimmy on August 03, 2013, 04:27:47 pm
Almost as awesome as that track the still exists around the KU football field. 

Their 400M team is, like, super popular.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on August 03, 2013, 03:36:20 pm
Yeah, I can't imagine going through that.   :(

yeah, last year for us was quite a drop off, but these guys were 6-6 the year before they went to the Orange Bowl. That is a helluva roller coaster ride.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HogInFlorida

A bowflex? No wonder Weis' team is a "pile of crap"
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Razor6

The free weight system is incredible.

I look forward to the new ellipticals coming next month.

Next years boosters will be contributing 3 stationary bikes with iPod and built in 12" TV screens. 

27 three-speed cruiser bicycles were donated by the local Boys and Girls club.

Go Hawks!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

WorfHog

jbcarol

Tony Farmer actually collapsed in the courtroom in this tightly edited segment interspersed with surveillance video of him beating down his ex-girlfriend.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

mad hawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 03, 2013, 10:58:44 am
There's always a couple lol
There are three types of people.  Those who can count and those who can't.

jbcarol

Moving the chains, dollar by dollar
Competing with SEC's financial muscle as big a challenge as winning on the field

"It's an arms race," said Stan Wilcox, who was introduced as Florida State's new athletic director Wednesday. "That's the reality of college athletics ... and we can't allow other universities to continue to have an upper hand on us."

There's no direct correlation between spending and wins -- Tennessee and Auburn, a combined 8-16 last season, both outspent FSU, too -- but when those additional resources are allocated wisely, there are distinct advantages.

"The investment [most SEC teams] make in what they do, it's paid off. The proof's in the pudding," Jimbo said.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9543925/florida-state-seminoles-look-level-playing-field-sec-gridiron-their-checkbook
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jay Jacobs released a series of upgrades to Jordan-Hare Stadium on Monday afternoon including everything from concessions to the TVs on the concourse.

Quote"We've really made an effort to listen to our fans and respond with changes that we think make our entire gameday experience among the very best in college football," Jacobs said in a release. "Our fans wanted more parking and tailgating opportunities, more choices at the concessions stand and better communication, so we are pleased to announce these improvements for the upcoming season."

Auburn's improvements include several small changes to the gameday experience.

Auburn has replaced its old TVs on the concourse with 97 flat-screen TVs.
Instead of the old, traditional tearaway tickets, Auburn's football tickets will now be run through a ticket scanner, the common method at most big events these days.[/li][/list]

A Domino's Pizza kitchen has been installed, and the pizza will be sold at every permanent concessions stand.
Five Momma Goldberg's Deli locations have been added to the stadium's concourse.
New items to the menus were added, including healthy options.
Digital menu boards, family pack combo options and a 100 percent guarantee on all food items sold in the stadium.

jbcarol

Construction of the University of Arkansas' new Baseball and Track Indoor Training Facility is officially underway even as funding is still being raised for the project.

Approximately $1 million has been raised for the facility allowing construction to begin with potential completion of the project as early as the summer of 2014.

QuoteThe baseball and track indoor training facility is located on the north side of the existing Randal Tyson Track Center. The facility will provide approximately 52,000 square feet of climate-controlled practice space, including a practice infield, throwing area, batting areas and ancillary team spaces. It also would allow all indoor track and field meet throwing events to be held in the facility, including the weight throw which is currently contested inside Walker Pavilion. The baseball and track indoor training facility will serve more than 150 student-athletes annually.

The design team on the project is Witsell Evans Rasco from Little Rock and HKS out of Dallas.

jbcarol

LSU's basketball court gets an offseason makeover

QuotePete Maravich Assembly Center got an offseason makeover on the court, a new look that was unveiled on Thursday.

One of the most notable additions to the PMAC floor is a new Tiger head logo at midcourt under the returning primary LSU logo. Also, a two-tone stain design highlights the area inside the purple 3-point shooting arc.

Both baselines now feature the word "Tigers" in gold, while the sideline opposite the main camera positions and the two benches has the venue name in white.

LSU SI

jbcarol

Bama trustees finally approve $30 million baseball stadium overhaul

While the project is being touted as a renovation, due to plans to retain the existing site and basic structures, the $30 million project is expected to give the complex an entire face-lift.

Trustees said an alternate location was considered but it was decided the current location is ideal with it's close proximity to other athletics facilities like Coleman Coliseum and the Mal M. Moore Athletic Facility.

According to the Board proposal, the current facility "does not meet current standards and training methods and does not have sufficient space to support equipment and other function need."

Alabama players will enjoy all new facilities, including a new locker room, weight room, bullpen and four new batting cages.

For fans, the new stadium will include seven new skyboxes, a student section, club lounges, new seating and a concourse with food kiosks and concessions.

http://blog.al.com/tuscaloosa/2013/09/university_of_alabama_set_to_b.html

In an earlier interview Bill Battle basically said it would take Bama from worst to first.

NoNC4Tubs

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on June 14, 2012, 04:04:13 pm
Just wait til our stadium is expanded. Top 5 at least. If not top 3.

Behind who?

jbcarol

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on September 26, 2013, 01:37:21 pm
This is a picture from the Aggies' newly remodeled Bright Athletic Center, displaying the various major individual awards won by football players.  We need one to display the following (or, replicas thereof):

1954 Outland Trophy (Bud Brooks)
1966 Outland Trophy (Loyd Phillips)
2006 Doak Walker Award (DMac)
2007 Doak Walker Award (DMac)
2007 Walter Camp Award (DMac)
2007 Rimington Award (Luigs)
2010 Mackey Award (DJ Williams)
2011 Johnny Rodgers Award (Joe Adams)

. . . in the FOC where every recruit can see them on their official visits.

jbcarol

Lexington is looking to remodel Rupp Arena to suit a younger, yet taller fan base.

jbcarol

College Board approves plan for new Ole Miss basketball arena; expected to cost $100 million

The Ole Miss Athletic Foundation plans to borrow almost $80 million to build a basketball arena and parking garage that could cost up to $100 million.

The College Board, meeting Thursday at Jackson State University, approved plans for the University of Mississippi to lease 8.3 acres on the west side of Vaught-Hemingway Stadium to the foundation.

The 9,500-seat arena is scheduled to be completed by January 2016 and would replace the 9,061-seat Tad Smith Coliseum, built in 1967. Ole Miss says the current arena is outmoded and worn out.

But first would come an 820-space parking garage, costing up to $15 million...

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2013/10/college_board_approves_plan_fo.html

jbcarol

Jeff Lockridge ‏@jefflockridge 9h
#Vandy holding a Tuesday press conference to announce opening of $31 million multipurpose facility, indoor football practice field

jbcarol

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" W. on November 02, 2013, 10:30:36 pm
...  Coach Broyles built a program but he focused more on fan friendly facilities and lessor facilities for the players.  The model played well in the 70s up to the mid 90s when the rush began to have more and more player friendly facilities.  As long as Coach Broyles felt we were a ninth value team in the SEC, we kept falling farther behind. 

Now we are attempting to upgrade both player friendly facilities and spend more money on recruiting.  All that you say about the past is true.  I hope that our choice to run a more SEC style program will provide results. 

We shall see.

jbcarol

Mike Waddell ‏@mikewaddellUA 50m
More of the new Bud Walton Arena decor celebrating the @SInow covers and Final Four trips, so far @RazorbackMBB #WPS pic.twitter.com/dAA8pgdnZ1

jbcarol

Razorback fans are cordially invited to an open house at the Fred W. Smith Football Center on Saturday, Nov. 16 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.

Razorback Foundation members can get an advance preview of the building beginning at 10 a.m.

QuoteThe new $40 million home of Razorback Football was completed in August and is located south of Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

The event is free of charge and open to the public for a self-guided tour. Fans can pre-register for the open house online via the ticket link at ArkansasRazorbacks.com. After clicking on the ticket link, fans should select Buy Tickets (Please note, no charge will be applied) and then select the Fred W. Smith Football Center Open House to gain access to the free "Print at Home" tickets.

Fans who pre-register will still be required to report to the Walker Pavilion, but will be able to proceed directly to the tour. Walk ups are permitted, but will be required to complete the registration process before taking part in the tour.

Please note, all fans attending the open house should first report to the Walker Pavilion for registration prior to the tour.

jbcarol

November 10, 2013, 02:00:24 pm #495 Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:12:01 pm by jbcarol
Michael Bonner ‏@MikeBBonner 16h
Goalpost coming down at Kyle Field as the renovation begins tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/3i85wNK5pO

Nick McKenna@aggiefieldguy
The grass is completely gone and excavation has begun. pic.twitter.com/tao2WTicwC

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: jbcarol on November 10, 2013, 02:00:24 pm
Michael Bonner ‏@MikeBBonner 16h
Goalpost coming down at Kyle Field as the renovation begins tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/3i85wNK5pO

Nick McKenna@aggiefieldguy
The grass is completely gone and excavation has begun. pic.twitter.com/tao2WTicwC

Wow, they're not wasting any time.

jbcarol

Robbie Neiswanger ‏@NWARobbie 1h
Arkansas will break ground on its basketball practice facility Dec. 7. The $25 million facility is scheduled to open in the summer of 2015.

harley spoon

jbcarol

Speaking to a group in Birmingham, Former UK football coach Fran Curci, 75, told old stories about his days at Kentucky in the 1970s and said that basketball dominates at the school to a "ridiculous" point.

"We win the SEC (in football), and I heard this rumor going around, and I went to (Kentucky president) Dr. (Otis) Singletary, who was a real buddy of mine. We played golf all the time. I said, 'Hey, Doc. I hear they're going to build a dorm for basketball players only. Is there any truth to that?' 'Well, these guys come up with this and it's going to cost $6 million. They can't raise that.' I said, 'Doc, they'll raise it in five days.' I was wrong. They did it in three — all those coal miners up there and all those old boys."

http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2013/11/12/fran-curci-calls-basketballs-dominance-at-uk-ridiculous