Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JW Deuce

Started by Jonteviosk, January 08, 2017, 05:51:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonteviosk

Jacorey Williams on the 1st place MTSU Blue Raiders Conf USA 3-0 13-3 overall including pounding OLE PISS.

17.4 pts 7.1 reb 1.9 asst    .524 fg% .683 ft%   In his sr season homeboy is on course to be in NCAA Tourney and Conf USA POY.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

ShadowHawg

But he wouldn't have been any help last season. Right?

Jonteviosk

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 08, 2017, 05:53:29 am

Heres the thing I cant answer that question and the heck of it is you cant either. We will never know. Glad hes balling out though.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

hogwood

Quote from: Jonteviosk on January 08, 2017, 05:57:02 am

Heres the thing I cant answer that question and the heck of it is you cant either. We will never know. Glad hes balling out though.

Oh I know... He would've.

Hawg Red

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 08, 2017, 05:53:29 am

He would have helped for sure, but he forfeited his right to be in the program with his actions. I think Mike made the right call.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 09, 2017, 12:30:17 pm
He would have helped for sure, but he forfeited his right to be in the program with his actions. I think Mike made the right call.

This is absolutely unquestionable.  JW was out of control and had to go for the integrity of the program. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

People act like he was run off, or got mad because Mike wasn't using him correctly giving him minutes etc.  He was part of the counterfeit problem, and if that's all it was he would most likely still be here.  He was dismissed off the team for domestic violence issue.  Good for him that he's behaving and doing well at MTSU.  The PTB here did the right thing by letting him go.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 09, 2017, 12:38:52 pm
People act like he was run off, or got mad because Mike wasn't using him correctly giving him minutes etc.  He was part of the counterfeit problem, and if that's all it was he would most likely still be here.  He was dismissed off the team for domestic violence issue.  Good for him that he's behaving and doing well at MTSU.  The PTB here did the right thing by letting him go.

Didn't need to risk him giving the program a black eye if he ended up punching his girlfriend in the face.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Jonteviosk

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 09, 2017, 12:33:52 pm
This is absolutely unquestionable.  JW was out of control and had to go for the integrity of the program.

I am so sick of that word integrity that word is the reason why the football program has regressed.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Jonteviosk on January 09, 2017, 02:14:32 pm

I am so sick of that word integrity that word is the reason why the football program has regressed.

You can't possibly be serious.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 09, 2017, 02:17:34 pm
You can't possibly be serious.

did you miss the entire season in particular the last 2 second halves?

Hawg Red

Quote from: Jonteviosk on January 09, 2017, 02:21:51 pm

Certainly did not. But the problem is not integrity.

bvillepig

It shows what a good red shirt year will do for some.  I do wish we would do that some but I understand the choices.

Jonteviosk

When some get a taste of greatness like Petrinos last 2 seasons it becomes harder to accept the crap product that Burt put out there this year. Burt couldn't coach a lil league team.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Jonteviosk on January 09, 2017, 02:29:34 pm
When some get a taste of greatness like Petrinos last 2 seasons it becomes harder to accept the crap product that Burt put out there this year. Burt couldn't coach a lil league team.

Bret Bielema will win here. He's a good coach and I like him. Hope he stays.
Hogs up! Covid down!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: bvillepig on January 09, 2017, 02:27:18 pm
It shows what a good red shirt year will do for some.  I do wish we would do that some but I understand the choices.

I can see how a redshirt year has helped JC. Don't know the whole story but it must have been a lot more to it than we know if he was kicked off the team rather than giving him the chance to sit out here as penance.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hawg Red

Again, where is integrity coming in here?

Try to articulate what you've said for once.

PonderinHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 09, 2017, 02:40:51 pm
I can see how a redshirt year has helped JC. Don't know the whole story but it must have been a lot more to it than we know if he was kicked off the team rather than giving him the chance to sit out here as penance.
Since the last few posts have been football related, I'll make a baseball reference.  Three strikes and you're out.

Dropkick

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 09, 2017, 02:42:15 pm

Well he couldn't hardly put Petrino and integrity in the same sentence now could he.

By the way, Jonty, what is this greatness you speak of? Were we beating Bama and winning championships when Bobby was here?

SemperHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 09, 2017, 02:42:15 pm

MMQB, how the hell did you get in here?

Pistol Pig Maravich

He was terrible here...glad he is gone!!!  Turnover waiting to happen. Don't care what he is doing against less talented players. Make sure to watch him play against real talent in the tournament and he will be back to his usual mistake prone game.

HossHog

Didn't he get into a bar fight a little bit after he got kicked off the team? Or did I dream that?

Hawg Red

Quote from: HossHog on January 09, 2017, 04:08:03 pm
Didn't he get into a bar fight a little bit after he got kicked off the team? Or did I dream that?

That was mostly what got him kicked off the team, actually. He pushed his girlfriend down and then sucker punched a bouncer. Mike cut him loose after that combined with the counterfeit bill fiasco.

rzrbackramsfan

This isn't even apples to apples between firing petrino and let Jacorrey go.  And are you even that surprised?  You know how much easier the level of competition is in C-USA compared to the SEC?  Who's to say he would've done THAT much at Arkansas? 

Hawg Red

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 09, 2017, 04:13:59 pm
This isn't even apples to apples between firing petrino and let Jacorrey go.  And are you even that surprised?  You know how much easier the level of competition is in C-USA compared to the SEC?  Who's to say he would've done THAT much at Arkansas?

I could see him averaging 9 points and 5 rebounds as a senior at Arkansas. Which would have actually helped a lot. But, no, definitely not averaging points deep into the teens like he is at MTSU.

Jonteviosk

I'm in agreement with HA but I think he could have done a lil more 10 and 5 also he was a plus defensive player.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Jonteviosk on January 09, 2017, 04:51:44 pm
I'm in agreement with HA but I think he could have done a lil more 10 and 5 also he was a plus defensive player.

I could see him being on the bench in a critical NCAA game and him throwing his shoe on the court. I never thought that was funny btw.  That was a pretty close game to be giving away technicals.

hobhog

Very telling.....

BRHogfan

Jacorey Williams was never going to be an SEC POtY, but he made a difference when he was here and would've been valuable last season and this season.  I'm hoping that getting kicked off the team was rock bottom for him.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Ole Miss was tired of integrity too. They had the "win at all costs" attitude. Now they're being out recruited by vandy because the NCAA ban hammer is nearby
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: hobhog on January 09, 2017, 10:20:41 pm
Very telling.....
Isn't it though. There are many others like that in our fanbase, unfortunately
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

k.c.hawg

Maybe if he had decked your girlfriend in a bar, you would understand what they are talking about when they talk about character or integrity. It is still a university campus, they have an obligation to protect the students on campus as much as possible. Overlook the guy that knocks his girl down in the bar and then sucker punches the bouncer while he is suspended from the team and your next step as a program is to hide 20+ sexual assaults by your football team. If you don't need your university to have integrity just pick out some pro team and pretend they are your college team.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

azhog10

Quote from: BRHogfan on January 10, 2017, 10:51:24 am
Jacorey Williams was never going to be an SEC POtY, but he made a difference when he was here and would've been valuable last season and this season.  I'm hoping that getting kicked off the team was rock bottom for him.
To be fair he couldn't have been valuable this season if he was valuable for us last season. He only had one year left to play so had he played last season he would have no more eligibility.

BRHogfan

Quote from: azhog10 on January 10, 2017, 12:55:42 pm
To be fair he couldn't have been valuable this season if he was valuable for us last season. He only had one year left to play so had he played last season he would have no more eligibility.

You're right. For some reason I had it in my head that he played for them last year, but he was just a practice player.

Quote from: Jonteviosk on January 09, 2017, 02:21:51 pm
I guess Joe Mixon is your favorite player.

rickfahr

Quote from: Dropkick on January 09, 2017, 03:27:17 pm
Well he couldn't hardly put Petrino and integrity in the same sentence now could he.

By the way, Jonty, what is this greatness you speak of? Were we beating Bama and winning championships when Bobby was here?

We were relevant, something we've not been since Petrino left.

hog.goblin

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 09, 2017, 10:15:17 pm
I could see him being on the bench in a critical NCAA game and him throwing his shoe on the court. I never thought that was funny btw.  That was a pretty close game to be giving away technicals.

It was hilarious, but only because he was throwing his shoe TO Ky instead of at someone

Jonteviosk

Actually the integrity statement wasn't in relation to JW. He got what he deserved although I'm glad hes making the most of his new beginning. I was referring to the fat tard football coach we currently have. If he spent as much time developing players as he does chasing down cheese burgers we would be upper echelon sec football team. Unfortunately you integrity proponents are of with piss poor football.