Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good win...

Started by porkrindjimmy, October 28, 2017, 02:28:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Just glad to have a win in the conference. And won a game where we trailed at half
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

grayhawg

Should win next week that will be 4 wins, 50-50 on beating missouri. Beating LSU or Miss State would be an upset I see us at no better than 5 and 7.

goneal

Quote from: GoldCoastHog on October 28, 2017, 02:47:47 pm
Good win?! Are you kidding me, and yourself?

When you have a sitting coach and regime in YEAR FIVE playing a game against an opponent that is living under a "cloud of sanctions " with an interim head coach; this should be a game that you look for a big win with "style points " and enhancing your poll ranking, not a "nail biting " pillow fight.
This matchup was likely a " midget wrestling match " for 6-7 place in the division!!

This win doesn't do anything to alleviate the dysfunction , poor coaching and preparation that has plagued the program under the current leadership.
Obviously, we will avoid going " o'fer" AGAIN under this coach, but to say there's a remaining conference game that is a guaranteed win is delusional.

I have to agree. Terrible coaching today. We resorted to silly, juvenile trick plays that both backfired. We ran the ball down their throats all day and still went back to passing in bad situations. Which brings up another concern of mine. Even with the big runs we had, it quickly became obvious that we don't have the speed to turn 6-9 yard runs into breakaway touchdowns. Even against a bad Ole Miss team it was obvious how generally slow this team is. After the Coastal Carolina game Austin Allen will be back in traction in no time. With the exception of 3-4 players, the defense is average to bad at best. How many huge plays did we give up today? How many arm tackles/missed tackles? I was really glad to see these guys get a win today, but if you wathced closely, there's really very little to get excited about.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: goneal on October 28, 2017, 04:25:31 pm
I have to agree. Terrible coaching today. We resorted to silly, juvenile trick plays that both backfired. We ran the ball down their throats all day and still went back to passing in bad situations. Which brings up another concern of mine. Even with the big runs we had, it quickly became obvious that we don't have the speed to turn 6-9 yard runs into breakaway touchdowns. Even against a bad Ole Miss team it was obvious how generally slow this team is. After the Coastal Carolina game Austin Allen will be back in traction in no time. With the exception of 3-4 players, the defense is average to bad at best. How many huge plays did we give up today? How many arm tackles/missed tackles? I was really glad to see these guys get a win today, but if you wathced closely, there's really very little to get excited about.

Except for a win. We won the game.

PRJ

hogsmash12

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 28, 2017, 02:42:19 pm
In big picture shouldn't change much.   Happy for players.  But we have many issues needing to be fixed.

I share the happy sentiment for the players.  However, this does not change 5 losses already in year 5 for $4 million per year.  We are still trending down and have too many glaring issues that can be fixed with coaching and leadership.  We still lead the country in quarterback hits allowed.  We're still giving up far too many yards and big plays. 

For all of you Bielema sunshine pumpers, please remember Toledo, Missouri, Virginia Tech, Auburn, TCU, Alabama, and South freakin Carolina.