Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On the Nutt for AD thing

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, November 20, 2017, 11:57:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: Teddyhawgeddy on November 21, 2017, 03:01:40 am
"Nutt was handpicked by Broyles to be his successor"
Not Even Close
Broyles wanted Tommy Tuberville who had been successful at 2 different SEC Schools over Nutt who had been at Murray and Boise State.
Tommy refused to go before the Committee without a guarantee of a job because he would have lost the one he had.
Nutt comes in, has 2 Press Conferences, begs for the job, and after about 4 or 5 votes by the Committee is selected OVER BROYLES OBJECTIONS.
If you think I'm making this up feel free to look up and read Orville Henrys articles on the situation. (These kids today would DIE to have the insider info Orville had)

Frank did want Tuberville as HC but after Houston Nut was hired, he and Frank grew close to the point that Frank planned to retire as AD in January of 2004 and name Houston as his successor. Houston however, wasn't ready to give up coaching so Frank's plan fell through.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pig In The City

Nutt is never going to happen. Who keeps bringing up the impossible?

Michael D Huff AIA

I am 43 years old.  I went to my first Razorback football game in 1977.  I saw them win a NC in basketball my sophomore year at Fayetteville.  I still return to Fayetteville on several Saturdays in the fall to DWRRS to sit in the same seats that I saw my first game in way back when.  Razorback sports has been a part of my life, and my family's life, for as long as I've been alive.

I hate to say it, but if Nutt becomes athletic director, I'm done.  That will be the last straw, and confirmation that my alma mater's athletics program has descended into madness, a madness that I'm not sure could be recovered from.