Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zack Cox Almost Quit Baseball Before This Season

Started by Pat Doney, June 10, 2010, 09:08:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Doney

Arkansas 3rd baseman Zack Cox just heard his name called in the first round of the 2010 MLB Draft.  But it nearly didn't happen after Cox considered quitting baseball before the '10 season.  Watch him tell the story here: http://nwahomepage.com/sports-hogville-fulltext/?nxd_id=169175

Hogtropolis™

What's the story with this? I'm on my phone and won't be back around a computer until tomorrow night.

Quite Frankly

If true, it would have fell squarely on the shoulders of HogInMemphis. 

hog_fan

Great Young man. He will succeed in life now doubt.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on June 10, 2010, 09:34:30 pm
What's the story with this? I'm on my phone and won't be back around a computer until tomorrow night.

Was upset with his performance last year. but went to an FCA meeting in Hoover led by a former baseball player who found god playing baseball and Cox to his message to heart and found his faith.  Said he no longer is upset when he makes an out and just concentrates on getting back on next at bat
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Quite Frankly on June 10, 2010, 09:41:38 pm
If true, it would have fell squarely on the shoulders of HogInMemphis.
I'm the reason he stayed in baseball.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 10, 2010, 09:56:15 pm
Next you'll claim responsibility for the college conference game of shuffle.

jbcarol

I thought he was going out for the basketball team like Golfer Cox.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hawgballz

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 10, 2010, 09:56:15 pm

HIM, I am curious as to your thoughts.  Would you prefer your shorthorns go PAC 10, SEC or stay with the little 12 and try to hold them all together?
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Hawgballz on June 10, 2010, 10:06:26 pm
HIM, I am curious as to your thoughts.  Would you prefer your shorthorns go PAC 10, SEC or stay with the little 12 and try to hold them all together?
I would love to see Texas join the SEC. Makes the most sense of any of the other options from both geographical and financial angles. Bringing Texas into the SEC would help the Hogs recruit Texas even better and would bring one of the premier athletic programs in the history of NCAA athletics into our conference. That means much more $ for the SEC and for Arkansas as a member of the SEC.

Plus, I would love to play them every year again if the are put in our division.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

arkansaspanic

you know religion is a big part of his life since he signs balls with bible verses to reference under his name

Scott Marshall

Hogtropolis after his injury last season he actually considering quitting but leaned on his faith to guide him to where he is today. I can send you the full script if you like?

Hogtropolis™

Not a big deal. I'll watch it when I get home later tonight. Thanks though. Just wondering what the gist of the story was.

yraciv

It sounds to me like it it was more of a passing thought. Yeah I was frustrated, thought about it, wasn't really that close to going through with it, and then Fryman renewed his faith.  A lot of FR who struggle probably question themselves. Zack Cox probably still knew he was a big time prospect and still on draft radars, just went through a slump while playing injured.