6. Granada #15
7. Ponce #12
8. Desoto #2
9. Magellan #8
10.Ponce #17

Also,
Ponce #1, Cortez #14, Balboa #6, Balboa #15, Cortez #9

GolfNut57

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on March 02, 2024, 02:39:34 amThese would be my Top Ten Toughest Village Holes

1. Ponce #5
2. Santa Maria #9
3. Cortez #10
4. Desoto #7
5. Pinta #9
6. Granada #15
7. Ponce #12
8. Desoto #2
9. Magellan #8
10.Ponce #17

Also,

Can't say I agree with #2 at Desoto and #9 at Pinta being all that tough. I haven't ever had that much trouble making par at either of those two holes. I even make an occasional birdie at the 9th hole of Nina. To me #1 at Desoto plays tougher than #2 because your tee shot has to go up over a hill and then down in a small valley before going back up to the green. The rest are a pretty good list.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

parallaxpig

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on March 02, 2024, 02:39:34 amThese would be my Top Ten Toughest Village Holes

1. Ponce #5
2. Santa Maria #9
3. Cortez #10
4. Desoto #7
5. Pinta #9
6. Granada #15
7. Ponce #12
8. Desoto #2
9. Magellan #8
10.Ponce #17

Also,

#18 at Cortez always seem to give me problems.

#10 at Balboa always seem to abuse me also.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

GolfNut57

Quote from: parallaxpig on March 02, 2024, 11:49:08 am#18 at Cortez always seem to give me problems.

#10 at Balboa always seem to abuse me also.

Only problem I ever have with #18 at Cortez is being in prime shape laying two and always finding a way to screw up the approach shot.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 02, 2024, 10:52:55 amCan't say I agree with #2 at Desoto and #9 at Pinta being all that tough. I haven't ever had that much trouble making par at either of those two holes. I even make an occasional birdie at the 9th hole of Nina. To me #1 at Desoto plays tougher than #2 because your tee shot has to go up over a hill and then down in a small valley before going back up to the green. The rest are a pretty good list.
Depends on what tees you play the holes.

Desoto #2 requires a blast over the fairway bunker, or a ball curved expertly right to left around it. Just to get around the 150 mark. Easier said than done. I don't have the length to fly the bunker.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 02, 2024, 10:52:55 amCan't say I agree with #2 at Desoto and #9 at Pinta being all that tough. I haven't ever had that much trouble making par at either of those two holes. I even make an occasional birdie at the 9th hole of Nina. To me #1 at Desoto plays tougher than #2 because your tee shot has to go up over a hill and then down in a small valley before going back up to the green. The rest are a pretty good list.
Nina #9 wasn't on my list. It was Pinta #9, which is the closing hole of the original Isabella course. It ends right next to the clubhouse.

GolfNut57

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on March 02, 2024, 11:57:31 pmNina #9 wasn't on my list. It was Pinta #9, which is the closing hole of the original Isabella course. It ends right next to the clubhouse.

Um....look at my post you quoted and you will see that I said Pinta #9 originally, though I did say I birdie the Nina ninth occasionally. Obviously that was supposed to say I birdie the ninth at the Pinta occasionally. 8) FWIW....the ninth on the Nina 9 isn't all that easy itself. It is a tricky hole with the way that green putts.

And as for #2 at Desoto I play the Silver tees..as I do on all of the HSV courses.

HognitiveDissonance

I think Pinta #9 is one of those holes where there is a more than usual distance between tee boxes, if I remember right.

I always play white tees there and it's over 400 so I have to tag a drive 250 just to get it to the 150 marker..and that's not a given at all. Then the approach is off a downhill lie to a green well protected by water. Pucker Factor is high on the approach shot for me. I'm looking to bail left.

It's all the hole I want to eat. Par is not that common for me. Usually I'm getting it up and down for that par and not because I'm on the green in two.

GolfNut57

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on March 03, 2024, 10:52:39 pmI think Pinta #9 is one of those holes where there is a more than usual distance between tee boxes, if I remember right.

I always play white tees there and it's over 400 so I have to tag a drive 250 just to get it to the 150 marker..and that's not a given at all. Then the approach is off a downhill lie to a green well protected by water. Pucker Factor is high on the approach shot for me. I'm looking to bail left.

It's all the hole I want to eat. Par is not that common for me. Usually I'm getting it up and down for that par and not because I'm on the green in two.

Funny thing about that hole for me, or you can call it an oddity. The two times I have birdied that hole I did it by using my putter from down in that bowl area to the left of the green. Even playing from the silver tees I can't say that I have ever hit the GIR. I usually end up a little long or to the left despite being in the 120-130 yard range due to thinning or pulling the approach shot. And every once in awhile I would dunk a ball with a chunked hit.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 04, 2024, 11:13:59 amFunny thing about that hole for me, or you can call it an oddity. The two times I have birdied that hole I did it by using my putter from down in that bowl area to the left of the green. Even playing from the silver tees I can't say that I have ever hit the GIR. I usually end up a little long or to the left despite being in the 120-130 yard range due to thinning or pulling the approach shot. And every once in awhile I would dunk a ball with a chunked hit.
That's a heckuva putt, it's fairly steep there.

Was in the same bowl last time..long approach caromed off the hill left to that collection area. Got it up and down for par. I'm not real good putting through fringe.

GolfNut57

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on March 04, 2024, 01:14:27 pmThat's a heckuva putt, it's fairly steep there.

Was in the same bowl last time..long approach caromed off the hill left to that collection area. Got it up and down for par. I'm not real good putting through fringe.

And what is laughable is I have done it twice. You're right. That upslope out of that hole is pretty steep. And both times I just made my mind up to give the ball a good smack to make sure it got out and onto the green. The green itself took the ball on a big break from left to right once the ball got onto the green. And I will say that in both cases it was likely good that the ball hit the flagstick and fell in as they would have probably ended up well below the hole and maybe even into the water had they not because they were still rolling pretty good at that point.

Hog66

Played yesterday and probably the best I have so far this year. I shot 84, good for me but not great. The reason I liked it is because I triple bogeyed one hole on each nine. So 6 over for the other 16 is about as well as I can play.

I had two bad tee shots that led to the triples. Looked up and sliced my drive on a par 5 on the front. Played a good out and layup. Then I hit my approach in a trap and it buried. The other triple was on 13. It's a tough par 3, one of the harder holes at Nutters. Again I hit my tee shot way right and had to play out sideways. Got it on the green with my 3rd then had my only 3-putt. Other that I hit 12 of 13 fairways, hit 5 greens, got up and down 5 times and had 28 putts including the 3 putt. Only made one birdie but I was rolling it close just about every time.

I've been struggling the last couple of weekends. Felt good to play pretty well.

HognitiveDissonance

Played some over the spring break week.

One round was absolutely crushing and striping the ball.

Another round was pretty bad. Some good shots, but too many stupid shots. It wasn't very good overall.

GolfNut57

Played Rebsamen this morning and had my best round of the year thus far. 39-38 for a 77 including two birdies. Weather was gorgeous.