Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

next year...can knile and williams

Started by hogsgolfpro, November 23, 2012, 05:43:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsgolfpro

HogSchmog

hogman1974

Yes.  I just hope Knile comes back.  I know it's obvious that he should, but maybe he wants to take his chances in the draft (Scotty Thurman style).

hogman1974

Quote from: HogSchmog on November 23, 2012, 05:48:52 pm
Why would Knile stay another year?

Because he rushed for like 200 yards this year.  Averaging less than 3 yards per carry.  Not exactly NFL draft numbers...

PetrinoPig

Would you draft a RB with as many injuries as KD has had??

rljjr

I don't think he'll come back. But he must know he's not draftable either. But maybe he has people telling him he is. Who knows?

JackTNHogfan

I think Knile will get a shot at the NFL with a decent team probably as a 5th round pickup.  He will have good combine numbers and I could see a team like the 49ers or Atlanta giving him a chance.

prairiehogcompanion

Glad he showed up today.

And no, he didn't suddenly heal between last week and this week.

One of the top 3 Arkansas underachievers of all time so far.

Could be great.

And of course I'd love nothing better for him to strap it on and come back next year, putting his critics to shame and going in a blaze of glory in '13 and become a high first round draft pick.

If he goes now....he'll fall to rounds 4 to 7, with a better than even chance that it will be a team that doesn't really need him (hello bench) but is in a position to take a flier.

A healthy and motivated Knile Davis next year would be a thing to behold.

HogSchmog

Quote from: hogman1974 on November 23, 2012, 05:49:51 pm
Because he rushed for like 200 yards this year.  Averaging less than 3 yards per carry.  Not exactly NFL draft numbers...
Don't get me wrong...I'd love to see him come back for another year and I completely agree his numbers were horrible.  That said, with an unknown coaching situation and the potential to impress some scouts with his talent he might get a shot as a late draft pick.  Would love to see him and Williams in tandem next year, though.

spiritof92

If he's on his last leg (literally speaking) he better go out for the draft now.  If he's not, it would most likely translate into more money in the long run for him to stay.

ceegar

Go Hogs. Go Noles.

spiritof92

No way he will ever come close to DJ in fumbles.  I'm sure Matt Jones is well up there as well. 

Cedric Cobbs 4 Heisman

Jonathan Williams tweeted a little bit ago saying how he was going to miss playing with knile and dennis. So I'm sure his mind is already made

clutch

After this season, why would he not? He may be able to impress scouts with workouts but they are going to be really worried about his fumbling. His numbers being down could be understandable since he messed up his ankle. Shouldn't have translated into fumbles though.

Root Down

Bad sign to scouts that he showed up big in his last game.  That means it is a matter of want.  What happened the rest of the games?

ceegar

Go Hogs. Go Noles.

clutch

Quote from: ceegar on November 23, 2012, 07:05:59 pm
Free agent or maybe 6-7th round

I think so too. At best. He wouldn't get drafted in the first 5 rounds. There are tons of backs out there right now that we probably haven't heard of that show more promise as of right now than Davis does. He really hurt his stock this season. He needs to return.

spiritof92

Wouldn't be surprised to see him as an undrafted FA.  All depends on what he does with his workouts.

hogfan4102

JW will carry the load....wish knile all the best I think he goes in 4th round.

TNhawgfan

I like Knile because he played for my team and I wish him the best. However, no way I would draft him if I was an NFL coach
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

smun83

Crazier things have happened.  Bryce Brown was a total headcase, left Tennessee to Kstate, then left Kstate.  He never had more than 500 yards in a season.  He runs a 4.3 in a pro day and now is on an NFL roster getting playing time.  Just last year Greg Childs had 260 yards all season and people on this board said he would not get drafted.  You can never tell sometimes when it comes to the combine.

McHogLovin

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on November 23, 2012, 06:02:32 pm
Glad he showed up today.

And no, he didn't suddenly heal between last week and this week.

One of the top 3 Arkansas underachievers of all time so far.

Could be great.

And of course I'd love nothing better for him to strap it on and come back next year, putting his critics to shame and going in a blaze of glory in '13 and become a high first round draft pick.

If he goes now....he'll fall to rounds 4 to 7, with a better than even chance that it will be a team that doesn't really need him (hello bench) but is in a position to take a flier.

A healthy and motivated Knile Davis next year would be a thing to behold.

Knile is one of the top 3 underachievers of all time?  Seriously?  His 8 game stretch in 2010 could be the greatest of any hog in school history if you look who he did it against.  Injured all last year and still not the same now.  Maybe never will be.  He's not an underachiever though.  He was just unfortunate to get injured again.
I can think of 3 kids off the top of my head that our gone from the program now but seriously underachieved. Darius Winston anyone? Austin Moss.  Wingo. Cam Feldt. Matt Hall. DeAnthony Curtis. Big Tex.  Way more than 3 in the last few years just right there.  And I didn't even throw in the players like Odom and Gordon who got themselves dismissed.

clutch

Quote from: TNhawgfan on November 23, 2012, 07:35:49 pm
I like Knile because he played for my team and I wish him the best. However, no way I would draft him if I was an NFL coach

Me too. I still think he has the potential  to be a great running back too. I just think he needs to come back and prove it. I know with his history of injuries it's a big risk, but it could also be a big reward. With the way he played this year,  I don't see him making the cut on an NFL roster. If he came back, proved he was healthy and could hang onto the ball, he could get drafted anywhere in the top 5 rounds which would give him a lot better chance of sticking around on a team for a few years.

As of right now, I'd think the only NFL route that Knile has would be FA. I  don't think he even needed a great season this year. He just needed a decent season to show that he was still  productive and heading back in the right direction after injury. He did the opposite though and really hurt his draft stock. I think the fumbles hurt him more than anything. Especially since the only correlation they have to his injury is that he hadn't taken any contact in a while. If that was what was causing them, you would have thought that he would have got it under control as the season went on.

tbhogfan

Because he is a Junior who has basically had one decent year, and hopefully he is being advised by folks who are wise enough to understand how much more marketable he would be to the NFL if he had a good year next year.
Go Hogs!

daprospecta

Guys, Knile will get drafted if he declares.  Knile has the potential to be all-pro at the next level.  After rounds 4, they pretty much draft on potential.  I can guarantee they would draft Knile in the later rounds over a guy that put up good numbers in a small d-1aa school or etc.   With that being said, if he decides to come back and has just an above average year, I think he sneaks back into the top 3 rounds.

AchieveHog

Quote from: rljjr on November 23, 2012, 05:51:05 pm
I don't think he'll come back. But he must know he's not draftable either. But maybe he has people telling him he is. Who knows?

The Draft is all about the Combine, and Knile Davis is a Combine Freak. If Greg Childs can get drafted in the 4th round, so will Knile Davis. Knile will Bench Press 225 40+ Times, He'll Squat 600lbs+ and he'll run a 4.4 in the 40yd dash. He'll get drafted in the 3rd or 4th round after he destroys the combine, it's what he's built for. He may have not performed well this year, but he'll still get drafted.

atekido

Quote from: hogman1974 on November 23, 2012, 05:49:51 pm

he will not return.  it would be the dumbest move in his life.  he is Injury prone he needs to go to the NFL with whatever small contract he gets before he isn't looked at ever again because of another injury.

latrops

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 23, 2012, 05:57:25 pm
I think Knile will get a shot at the NFL with a decent team probably as a 5th round pickup.  He will have good combine numbers and I could see a team like the 49ers or Atlanta giving him a chance.

Yes, but most don't give up a year of eligibility to maybe get picked in the back half of the draft.  KD can return next year and, if he is healthy and plays something like he did in 2010, get back into the top couple of rounds for the 2014 draft.

latrops

Quote from: atekido on November 24, 2012, 11:34:10 am
he will not return.  it would be the dumbest move in his life.  he is Injury prone he needs to go to the NFL with whatever small contract he gets before he isn't looked at ever again because of another injury.

His draft stock really can't get much lower than it is now, so he really doesn't have much to lose.  You go early when you are pretty much assured of being a first or second round pick...not fourth or fifth. 

scoobyback

KD is gone,he came in with BP and is still mad bob got fired

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: atekido on November 24, 2012, 11:34:10 am
so he should hang up his cleats? because he won't get drafted.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

downsouthhawg72

2 things happened to Knile this year that hurt him & he wasn't right all year because of it. The coaching staff should've let him get hit when Pre-season started instead of the 1st game. (Gotta get the bugs off sum1 that hasn't played in a year) & the O-line was terrible. Knile is a back that needs to get at least a step past the O-line then he is dangerous. It seemed like everytime he got the ball the D-Line was there before he got to the line-of-scrimmage. In the NFL he he will be playing with awhole lot better O-lineman & you will see the difference in the way he runs. We can say all day how DJ was the best runner but at the end of the day before Knile got hurt he was a threat to score from all over the field. DJ wasn't that same type of threat as we seen this year.
DownSouthHawg

Grunt

The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Hulk HOGan

No. Neither are as good as McFadden was, at least not yet.